It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Florida lawmakers decide to spare city caught in corruption scandal Hampton,population 477,faced losing ability to govern itself Audit found mismanagement,nepotism, other irregularities City officials resigned,set elections and vowed other reforms Hampton,Florida (CNN) -- This worn-down,one stoplight town found redemption Friday night in a Baptist church named Victory
reply to post by dashen
So let me see if I understand:
1. Massive corruption ... bordering total.
2. The state threatens to make the town go away.
3. Everybody in the local town's employ voluntarily abdicates their positions.
4. The state lets their action slide.
5. The parties responsible for the corruption are not charged with anything.
Sound about right? Sounds like Florida.