It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Numerous military planes flying over London

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
How are these "aircraft" supposed to get anywhere from a "point A to point B' if they dont fly? They obviously werent built to stay on the fields. So in being moved, re-assigned, sent to assist, change bases etc etc...how are they supposed to move about? They werent built to just sit still somewhere.

The public is bound to sometime, somewhere see movement of them. And no, not "well, they dont EVER fly over London so..." Guess what? They did this time, and sometimes NEEDS to for logical and non-conspiracy reasons (sorry to burst that buble for you!).

Planes fly, ships sail, tanks roll and trains rail them around as well. Normal stuff....

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

mysterioustranger
How are these "aircraft" supposed to get anywhere from a "point A to point B' if they dont fly? They obviously werent built to stay on the fields. So in being moved, re-assigned, sent to assist, change bases etc etc...how are they supposed to move about? They werent built to just sit still somewhere.

The public is bound to sometime, somewhere see movement of them. And no, not "well, they dont EVER fly over London so..." Guess what? They did this time, and sometimes NEEDS to for logical and non-conspiracy reasons (sorry to burst that buble for you!).

Planes fly, ships sail, tanks roll and trains rail them around as well. Normal stuff....

Horrible post.

Aside from the condescending rudeness of it, you got the OP totally wrong in your response. No-one mentioned any "conspiracies" related to the airplanes unless military operations count as a "conspiracy" since more than one person is involved. The OP is simply mentioning something he personally has never seen and you jump all over him for it? The world is tense right now, perhaps he felt this could be related? You know, you didn't have to click on the thread, obviously the title alone was enough to set you off so go read a different one.

edit on 27-3-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

Did they all come over immediately after the last one or was there a gap between them? If there was, approximately how long?

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

well Obama is in Europe at the moment isn't he?

I know from when he visited here, (Ireland) there was a massive fleet of large military transport planes as part of the pre / post entourage. we don't usually see planes that large flying low over the city here and I also live under a flight path.

I'm not up to spec on the specifications of the usual presidential entourage is these days but I believe when they get going there is quite a big circus that goes with him.

Also don't know if they are due to make a stop in the UK, but it would probably make sense if they made a stop there for refuelling en route to their destination. There is no sign of them making a stop at Shannon.

As regards WW3, let us know when you start to see B52s and F16s hopping round the place.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

I live in Gwent South Wales now normally the only helicopter you see is the police chopper about once a month. For the last 3 days around 11am and the a few hours later Chinooks have been flying back and forth over my house and quite low. You know they're coming the rotor slap is unmistakeable on a Chinook. I am assuming they have been ferrying troops and equipment from RAF St Athan around 30 miles away where a SFSG (special forces support group) is based although Wales has a few military bases so could be anywhere. All I can say is that there has definitely been increased activity. ???????

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidLucinda

I've been noticing an increase in aircraft activity down here in San Diego as well. Just the other day a ship of 6 F-18's came into MCAS Miramar, while this isn't that uncommon, I haven't seen this much activity at this base for a while. I've also noticed aircraft from the Air Force arriving at the base which rarely happens, it seems like they are getting ready for something!

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

You took me wrong. Look. "I saw some military planes. They were flying!"

Just like assuming because it may not be usual or normal of a flight path...that theres a nefarious reason "oh-my-God-theyre flying over our heads and they NEVER do!"

Please. And filed under WORLD WAR THREE?? You got to be kidding? Its not my post thats whacked...its this thread...and your reply to it..........

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I need to clarify here to make my point.

Planes are flying overhead!
There are ships out there sailing together!
I saw a train going by with all kinds of military vehicles!
I saw a convoy of Army trucks on the freeway!

Thats all. The obvious. Its how we move things that we have.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by cerbium

The beginning of the year is when planes get swapped between units, and exercises involving other units occur. After the start to middle of April it settles back down to normal.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   

mysterioustranger
I need to clarify here to make my point.

Planes are flying overhead!
There are ships out there sailing together!
I saw a train going by with all kinds of military vehicles!
I saw a convoy of Army trucks on the freeway!

Thats all. The obvious. Its how we move things that we have.

What you fail to understand is that there are laws and rules to how and when the military are allowed to use civilian airspace. It's not a madhouse up there. They can't bother people at night for instance, unless the base was there first, you have to respect flight levels, noise levels and all sorts of things...

...which means that the military (usually) only choose to fly in proximity to populations when it is much more efficient or when they don't have a choice.

This situation could turn out to be a routine flight, some cargo being transported or movement of troops related to the Ukraine crisis and this could signal some extraordinary military movement preparing for the worst. The OP didn't know, that's why he asked...

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I live near a few mililtery bases and im used to seeing aircraft. The planes were very low over a populated area. They're not supposed to do that.

We would regularly see jets performing low runs over the countryside and thats how low these planes were.

They were blue/grey if that helps anyone identify them

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Wookiep

mysterioustranger

Horrible post.

Aside from the condescending rudeness of it, you got the OP totally wrong in your response. No-one mentioned any "conspiracies" related to the airplanes unless military operations count as a "conspiracy" since more than one person is involved. The OP is simply mentioning something he personally has never seen and you jump all over him for it? The world is tense right now, perhaps he felt this could be related? You know, you didn't have to click on the thread, obviously the title alone was enough to set you off so go read a different one.

edit on 27-3-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)
You Sir are a legend. Thank you.

Zaphod58

Did they all come over immediately after the last one or was there a gap between them? If there was, approximately how long?
I would say there was approximately a 2 minute gap between most of them apart from the last one. It was strange because they were flying so low and in quick succession. Also, they were very loud and it was the noise of them that first alerted me. Usually I see Chinooks and a few other army helicopters but I've never seen these transporter planes fly over, that low, where I live.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   

I would say that it wasn't as many aircraft as it appeared. It was most likely two aircraft doing touch and go landings.

Putting the entire fleet in the air st once is borderline impossible. There is almost always one either with a problem or in inspection.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Mamatus

Funny thing about airplanes, they fly. How high were they AGL? Where are you located in London? Most likely just moving some equipment, planes or people about. WW3? Not unless the SAC base near me drains out......

It could be connected to the removal of all the equipment and troops from Afghanistan - there is a lot of stuff to bring back. Given the RAF only has a limited amount of C-17's and C-130's, and that these are all tied up with moving forces to/from Afghan, I dount it is anything else.

That is assuming, of course, they are RAF. Did you see any roundels, what colour where the aircraft?

FYI, there are quite a few RAF bases in the South near and around London, so in itself it is a strange thing to see at any time.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
It's quite normal to see increased numbers of military vehicles during deployments/withdrawals so given the situation in Afghanistan and Iraq this could be a suspect.

As someone else said could it have been in preparation for/or actually Obama on his way to Europe?

The presidential car travels in a C17 Globemaster and although I dont have figures to hand for this visit; when G Dubbya went to Europe he took around 250 secret service agents, their associated cars, and equipment which used a "small airforce" to deploy according to news reports at the time.

Alternatively it could be the "military advisors" and their associated equipment that the US promised the Ukraine as part of their ongoing sabre rattling?

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

I'd be curious if they were USAF or RAF modified aircraft? Any chance you a tail number or anything? I'd suspect they'd be US, however. There was word that the US was moving MRE's (wink, wink) into Ukraine to support their existing military. Unload material in the UK and then fly them into other NATO countries and into Ukraine.. maybe?

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

ProfessorT
I'll start by saying this has never happened before. I'm not sure if this is directly related to on-going events in Ukraine but this is odd. In the past 30 minutes there have been at least 8-10 large military aircraft, like those transporter planes flying very low - lower than normal - passenger planes I see daily (as I am right under a flight path). I'm not too familiar with the RAF bases nearby in the South but I am quite perplexed. Anyone else in London that has seen this?

EDIT: These planes look like C-17's and/or Hercules. Large and bulky. Another one has just flown over.
edit on 27-3-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

Have you been able to narrow down what kind of planes these were? Are you sure they were transport planes or could they have been B-52s?

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Goteborg

We don't have B-52's in the UK

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

crazyewok

We don't have B-52's in the UK

Not unless the US wants to stage them forward as has been done in the past. Supply planes are not likely to fly in as tightly grouped as described in the OP. I'm not saying it never happens but the landing intervals he described sound to me like a group of combat planes, not transports.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

They do when you have two shooting touch and go landings. They also appear to be more than two.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join