It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom arrested at her son's school for not "signing in". School put on "LOCKDOWN".

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

mwood
I agree, WAKE UP AMERICA....

Learn to follow the rules and you won't be arrested!

You people see the authorities wrong in everything that happens anymore.

If someone went in and started shooting or did something else wrong you would be complaining at the lack of security.

Everybody thinks they are above the rules anymore. Her son was in do danger and she should have signed in. They have those rules for a reason and don't want people just wandering the halls.

I know I will be the only one who thinks this way but that's how it works in just about every school in the country, when you go in you sign in at the office. I'm almost 50 years old and it was that way when I was in school.

Drink more Kool Aid! You haven't gotten quite enough to keep you off of ATS.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Now you sue the school for not calling an ambulance for the child in need of medical attention. Two can play that game. They called her down there for crying out loud! This is like having the lifeguard arrested for jumping in to save someone's life without first taking his sunglasses off. Oh I am sorry I didn't sign your stupid book before I performed CPR. These people have no common sense and the scary part is they are teaching your children! Not only that the school has some security issues. Who the hell buzzes someone in without first identifying? If she was a gunmen all them kids would be dead right now. That is why you have a security containment area to screen first.

edit on 23-3-2014 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

The inmates have taken control of that asylum! And then there's the police who validated what they did.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Recently we had a quite damaging fire at the same elementary school I attended. Back when I went there, we also had a fire. We lined up with our classes and teachers on surrounding residential streets. It was winter and mothers didn't all work jobs yet at the time. Many women came out and wrapped coats and blankets from their homes around us to keep us warmer.

When I heard the news of the more recent fire I wondered if people who were home were even allowed to comfort the kids! Would the strangers have been lined up on the baseball fence and be patted down first before allowed to offer a random child a blanket? Would there be a riot? Sad thoughts.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   

opethPA
Some common sense needs to be applied by the school, if she was buzzed in by a teacher or staff member then that would at least seem to imply they knew who she was. I am sure ,like it happens it just about every unexpected situation, the comm channels broke down. Maybe all the principal knew was that their was someone in the school that shouldn't be there. Still, take a few seconds and assess the scenario or at least figure out what is going on while the Police are on the way.

That being said, the mother also should have signed in if that is a policy she knew prior to this emergency. Just because she feels something is an emergency doesn't give her the right to do things her own way.

In the end both sides could have done it better.
edit on 2014pAmerica/Chicago3111pam by opethPA because: (no reason given)

edit on 2014pAmerica/Chicago3111pam by opethPA because: spelling fixes

Sometimes it's prudent to be neutral. Not this case.

No the mother didn't do anything wrong (besides not signing in.) Certainly not "wrong enough" to justify calling police and putting her in handcuffs. She received a call from the teacher telling her he was in distress. They asked her to come in.

She forgets to sign the book... So? Did she have criminal intent? No.

Sounds like there's probably something more to this, like a school official abusing their position:

Williams said she is a known parent and had even met with the principal on Wednesday about a separate issue

When she arrived at the St Louis school, she was buzzed in by school officials.

'I saw a teacher and she said "Ms Williams what is wrong?" I said "something is wrong with Mikey" and proceeded to go straight to my son,' she told KMOV.

When she got to her son's classroom, she began to console him.

That's when the school principal informed her she was violated school policy by not signing in.

'I didn't sign the book, but I had to check on my son. I sais "you can bring me the book," but she said "oh no, I've already called the police." (And I said) "You called what,"' Williams recalled.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   
My thought on this is a member of the school called the parent. Principal, teacher, it doesn't matter... it's going to create a sense of urgency for the parent and they're going to go see their child. When she arrived at the school they let her in. When they said she had to sign in (after she was in the classroom with her child) she offered to sign the book if they brought it to her... totally reasonable seeing as how she was trying to get her child under control and solve the situation. The school called the police, which in theory is a good idea since they don't know if a security issue is about to arise. The failure here was entirely with the police arresting the woman and taking her out in handcuffs. There were much better ways to solve that situation.

Wrabbit2000
I'm dealing with similar attitudes of "our way or no way" from district employees in another large district. We've outright caught one of them sending fabricated emails to have our child advocate set-up and removed for cause (that worked before we realized what they'd done) and non-stop B.S.. I have to say, when Missouri wants to screw with parents? The laws we have do nothing whatsoever to protect the parents from being screwed to the wall, for pure amusement of the district people. The laws which do exist require positive action to mean anything (I.E...I have to sue the morons..or the law may as well not exist at all on things like the fine points of the Congressional Act relating to Special Needs).

That's because they're designed to screw the parents. It's a way of establishing control. Behave or we'll take your kids away. Then this power was given to low level employees who can make the decision completely on their own judgment. It gives certain workers IMMENSE leverage. Then you get into the whole world of performance evaluations where it's easy to spin taking kids away as you being a really diligent employee. It's open to much the same abuse as the unofficial police quotas are, with just as much or more impact.

Mamatus
I am angry and not sure I could stop myself from doing something real bad were I to be an eye witness to some of the crap I have seen this last few weeks.

I know exactly where you're coming from. Some days I don't even feel like I need to personally witness it.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
How the hell do they even get tresspassing on that? Tresspassing only becomes a violation if you are ordered to leave and refuse to do so.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   

So, I immediately got this picture of some power-trip hungry principal who just wanted to make an example of this mother.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

That being said, the mother also should have signed in if that is a policy she knew prior to this emergency. Just because she feels something is an emergency doesn't give her the right to do things her own way.
reply to post by opethPA

Sure, with the benefit of hindsight and comfortably sat on a sofa with an ice cold beer, that is easy to affirm.

To clarify, if I received a frantic call from the school and had to rush there because my kid was panicking, the absolute last f*cking thing on my mind would be signing the bloody register.

One can imagine that whoever buzzed her in actually thought it was a Sandy Hook re-enactment I guess, which doesn't elevate their critical thinking skills in anyone's eyes...but ok, why not.

But then the bloody school principal called the police? Who arrested her??

In the real world, I'd fire the lot and suspend the cops for being manifestly unable to think for themselves. That's why they have protocol I guess, too f*cking dumb to be trusted with any task involving common sense.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

D377MC
Sure, with the benefit of hindsight and comfortably sat on a sofa with an ice cold beer, that is easy to affirm.

this is exactly the problem.

who ever said for some second a beer drinking sofa idiot deserves anything?

Your dad did somthing so you could have what you have. why do you think you can sit on ass and do nothing to keep it?

edit on b5151706 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

If someone went in and started shooting or did something else wrong you would be complaining at the lack of security.
reply to post by mwood

No,
I would be saying look!!!!...another drill gone LIVE.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

kaylaluv
Did anyone read the comments in the link? One person stated that the school had been having problems with this parent - that she had threatened to stab one of the other parents. Methinks this story may be a little more complicated than is being presented.

oh no...why dig down into the details....the sensational headlines, provide simple-thinkers with fodder for the out-raged....haven't you seen that here on ATS?...i've seen it so many times, that I shrug it off and don't even bother reading about it, I assume it's a lie from the beginning.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Yep.

Thus this could be considered a military weapon- Silent Weapons for Quiet wars basically-Divide and conquer+Hegelian= over and over and over and over. Sorry to tell you but logical complex minded are in the cross-hairs as well and no more immune to it all as the simple thinkers.

the sensational headlines, provide simple-thinkers with fodder for the out-raged

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Sigh.

I won't bother to answer you, as you just picked a sentence out of my post, misinterpreted it, and rushed off to say something unconnected with what I was saying but that you obviously really felt like commenting on. Logic is quite obviously not your street. Simple comprehension skills may not be either.

Good for you.

[sips his ice cold beer]
edit on 24-3-2014 by D377MC because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Biigs
Be that as it may, if she wasnt there to visit her son and was armed she may have been a social terrorist.

You cant just not sign in. Its exactly why they have a sign in.

They have sign in to prevent Terrorist from killing?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

SherlockH

Biigs
Be that as it may, if she wasnt there to visit her son and was armed she may have been a social terrorist.

so they dont go on a murder rampage?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Biigs

SherlockH

Biigs

so they dont go on a murder rampage?

Yeah because we all know that signing a piece of paper prevents killers from killing

edit on 3/24/14 by SherlockH because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

mwood
I agree, WAKE UP AMERICA....

Learn to follow the rules and you won't be arrested!

You people see the authorities wrong in everything that happens anymore.

Everybody thinks they are above the rules anymore. Her son was in do danger and she should have signed in. They have those rules for a reason and don't want people just wandering the halls.

I know I will be the only one who thinks this way but that's how it works in just about every school in the country, when you go in you sign in at the office. I'm almost 50 years old and it was that way when I was in school.

Really?!?! The sign in book would have prevented a mass shooting???? Holy bajesus... Rules are for law abiding citizens as criminals do not fallow the rule of law! We are eliminating simple freedoms and indoctrinating our youth to accept a police state as the norm!

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
double post

edit on 3/24/14 by SherlockH because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Wow. Lots of replies to this thread already! But, I'm here to add one more.

I realize that the mother "broke the rules" by not signing in, BUT, if it was SO important, why didn't they stop her BEFORE she went all the way to the classroom?????

They buzzed her in. NO ONE stopped her from going directly to her son...

To me, the person that buzzed her in, the same person that just let her go on down to his classroom without stopping her to have her sign in, is the one who made a mistake.

The mother was worried, distraught, and, more than likely, just thinking about getting to her son.

The principal could have used some empathy and common sense in this situation. The principal should be charged with inducing panic, if you ask me.

I'm betting this has more to do with causing a situation that will upset the mother so much, she will move her special needs son to another school. That's the impression I got when I read the article, anyway.

Shame on this principal and the LEO who arrested the mom. The land of the free and home of the brave is just about totally gone...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join