It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom arrested at her son's school for not "signing in". School put on "LOCKDOWN".

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Mayet

thank you for that reply...I had a few words to say to this person, but I couldn't really arrange them right.

Asperger's and other ASDs are not us being special little snowflakes. We just perceive the world differently and may have the odd quirk. For example, I am fascinated with beads, keychains, rocks and animal fur (makes it a bit awkward when I'm at the mall Sears and I immediately gravitate to the fur coats, fox fur is my favorite). Does this make me a strange person? Yes. But is it a sickness, no.

I too thought that when I was diagnosed, I would be a pariah, but luckily I managed to find a good support system.

This helpful link can also clear up things:

10 things your Autistic friend wants you to know

The scale is varied, but once you get to know us, we're a really cool bunch

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TheToastmanCometh

Anytime

don't ever be ashamed of who you are.. Be proud that you have the skills you have and that you think the way you think..

BTW fur is nice.. feels nice.... I create kiln fired Dichroic Glass pieces. I can get lost in the colours and the smoth texture of the finished product.

Take care.. and nice to meet you

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Mayet

oh do make a thread of your glass sometime! I have a thread in member arts with my cross stitchings somewhere, I'm sure all the members would like it too

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TheToastmanCometh

Will do when I get my computer up again..hate using the iPad.. My hard drive has heaps of photos of pieces I have made

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join