It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom arrested at her son's school for not "signing in". School put on "LOCKDOWN".

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I know she was called, and being buzzed in to allow her into the school doesn't give her the right to proceed past the office without checking in. She can have easily went to the office and stated her reason for being there. I'm sure office personnel would have immediately directed her to her son. Schools do have nurses on the premises and It certainty didn't sound like a life or death situation. When you start breaking procedures, safety is compromised.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Mamatus
reply to post by palmalBlue2

I understand "In the line of Duty" shootings. What I am upset about is the joy derived from the killings. The cop that killed the camper clearly said Booyah! after shooting the guy. I could give a crap whether he deserved it or not (kinda) what I care about the most is the JOY the cop got from it. Watch the video and tell me I am wrong.....

With what you posted.... nope, seen the vids and no disagreements from me. Did you see the one posted in pets on off topic about the scum in OK that shot a dog, bragged about it, then falsified a report WITH animal control. Same cop got let go from another city for shooting an unarmed man. I seen that video. He needs put down, not the dog.

As far a the cops arresting this woman on school grounds, well... they went by what they were told by dispatch. Remember that police don't know the situation [and all the details] when they walk into it. For once i am siding with the school and cops on this until more info comes out.

BUT..... I am also with you in that some cops and instances are waaaay beyond and should be dealt with by good ol' southern justice, but thats not the case here from what all Ive read.
edit on 23-3-2014 by palmalBlue2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I stay out of that forum, I like animals more than people as of late and the last thing I need is to see a jerk walking down the street that shot a persons loved pet. Lately I have been keeping away from people as much as possible. I am getting too angry at what is happening and that anger is gonna cost me one day.

WW2 Vets, old men, crazy but harmless people autistic children pets, # it is out of control and sooner or later it is gonna blow.

Can't even type right so upset about all this crap.
edit on 23-3-2014 by Mamatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

It's amazing to hear the many opinions based upon a "news" story. We are all on ATS with the herald opinion that our news conveys only what they want us to hear/see. Because the facts are so little, we only rely on our imagination based on someones report. After reading the story, and listening to the news story (Daily Mail), I really can't make a final judgement on either side of the fence.

From the only information we received my imagination has this young women running to her child who is uncontrollably loosing it, consoling him. The teacher and remaining students have a smile placed on their face until the large over bearing principle walks into the room. All the children sit quietly looking down at the tops of their desks and the principle puts the smack down on the mother. When cops arrive they pry her away from her child while she cries asking "why". The principle's grin is impeccably noticeable while the cops arrest this mother. Her child has now reached hatred towards the people who should be protecting and serving us.

Look. There are reports that issues have arouse from this very same women. The news slides into their report that the mother sat down with the principle just the day before this incident. Although we don't know what for, I can only imagine it was for other rumors that can be found in comments regarding this mothers possible previous behavior/threats towards others.

All in all, I can only assume there is much more to the story and therefore will not demonize any of the parties.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

i have pmed everything i have discovered about MY aspergers
if it helps you are welcome
if there is anything i might do to help
feel free to pm
( anybody wants to know what i found to stop aspergers negative states feel free to pm )

now i have an answer for myself
i am one very very happy person....
IMHO!
when it comes to people especially children
cops are never the answer
never

im so happy instead of my forum foes calling the mods down on me for being angry
lately I hear they are just cleaning the coffee out of their keyboards cause i made them laff
take that ya...

edit on Sunpm3b20143America/Chicago46 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
maybe she figured when she was buzzed in by staff, that was considered being signed in
since she was called to the school

i guess the cops at columbine should have signed in too

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by FirePiston

she offered to sign in when they made her aware that it was required at that time
THEY REFUSED
they had already called the gestapo

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I kinda feel that the commenters on that article page have it right - the school might be trying to make it hard on her so that she will withdraw the kid. Also doesn't sound like she's an easy parent... catch 22 really, a parent trying to advocate for a special needs child is almost always at a disadvantage if they try going it alone. There are family/child advocates in most places that can help and will work for the best interest of the child... as for the arrest, seems unjust. If she was buzzed in by school official/staff then she did have permission to be there - she was not trespassing.
edit on 23-3-2014 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Mamatus

I stay out of that forum, I like animals more than people as of late and the last thing I need is to see a jerk walking down the street that shot a persons loved pet. Lately I have been keeping away from people as much as possible. I am getting too angry at what is happening and that anger is gonna cost me one day.

WW2 Vets, old men, crazy but harmless people autistic children pets, # it is out of control and sooner or later it is gonna blow.

Can't even type right so upset about all this crap.
edit on 23-3-2014 by Mamatus because: (no reason given)

I hear you and feel the same right about now cause of what all Ive been through with my foster kid. This thread really set me off today. Just know that not every cop is bad. I had some bad experiences with our local yokols until they got the full picture and then were apologetic and helpful even when they were going to arrest me and had to tackle my foster kid who was attempting suicide. Loooong story short, but U2U me if you want the rest. Not trying to brag cause I am devastated and stuck.

Its spring here in oregon. Flowers blooming and all that. When it gets too much, take a walk. Seriously, it renews me to see new life springing up and seeing old ladies in their yards trying to keep new life going.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Danbones

she offered to sign in when they made her aware that it was required at that time
THEY REFUSED

And where did you get that from? If I had read that, then my stance would probably be different.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Look through my post history, I have LEO friends..... SOME Cops are just crap.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

palmalBlue2

Danbones

THEY REFUSED

And where did you get that from? If I had read that, then my stance would probably be different.

i just double checked the OP because the story is on the radio i am listening to, but it is in the op i think

and hey, peace Palma...Im up against the system on this myself, and I am going to go to the wall on this one
so im loaded for bear on this subject

correction...
i missread a stat on how many are on the specrtum
here are the estimated asd stats

Researchers don't know exactly how many people in the United States have ASD.

The latest estimates suggest that:

About one out of every 88 children in the United States currently has autism.1
About 36,500 of every 4 million children born each year in the United States will have autism.2,3
The CDC is the government agency that studies how many people have autism and other diseases. Visit the CDC website for more information on how many people have ASD

: www.cdc.gov...

why is it so high?

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Danbones

i have pmed everything i have discovered about MY aspergers
if it helps you are welcome
if there is anything i might do to help
feel free to pm
( anybody wants to know what i found to stop aspergers negative states feel free to pm )

now i have an answer for myself
i am one very very happy person....
IMHO!
when it comes to people especially children
cops are never the answer
never

im so happy instead of my forum foes calling the mods down on me for being angry
lately I hear they are just cleaning the coffee out of their keyboards cause i made them laff
take that ya...

edit on Sunpm3b20143America/Chicago46 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

Yeah Dan, i read what you posted about the chili peppers and yes, I KNOW it works....however dear sir.........I COULD NOT MAKE MY KID TAKE or eat ANYTHING he didn't want.... nor could the school.
IF HE wanted to stay on the 'puter all day and night to game and text I could NOT say no...
If I went to the store and got things like grapes, nanners, apples etc and he wouldn't eat them....welll guess what??!!
Same for the school.

I tried to actually help this kid based on MY experiences with autism and that of my SIL who has a PhD in it and STIL>>>>>they have him locked up and don't understand that his circle got MUCH smaller and if you know about autism and its spectrums, then you will know my reference.

God I could sooo scream at whats being done to my foster son and it all started for him in elementary with a situation just like the OPs

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Mamatus

Look through my post history, I have LEO friends..... SOME Cops are just crap.

Naah, i hear ya and know that as well and met some. Good and bad. My kid wants to be one but with all he has read, he's not so sure now.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

pushing string and herding cats sucks
all i can say Palma is: hopefully he gets tired of the downs and gets to where he wants a change
or
you use the trick that people use to get a kid to eat onions...
hide it in the sauce
virgin ceasers maybe..heavy on the Tabasco...mexican scrambled eggs...
or
if my effected 'tude was any indication
maybe tell him he can't have any...

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Tell him not to forget: Birds of a feather flock together. The militarization of police departments across the Country means he will not be (unless small town) joining a group that wants to Police. He will be joining a group that shouts Booyah! when they kill someone.

I am the first to say some folks just need a killing. However the police we trust to make good decisions should not be trained as warriors but as policemen.

I am but 48 and have had a few run ins over the years with LEO's good and bad. The thing is? When I was a kid the cops would maybe scare the piss out of you, threaten you with jail or flat out take you home to your parents for a real whooping.

The old guy with the cane - Dead
The old guy in the Walker - Dead

I could go on and on. When police are taught to kill at the first sign of a threat? Just getting a speeding ticket becomes a life and death situation. That is a Country I am unwilling to live in even if there is a Starbucks on every corner it is as scary as a Cartel Checkpoint in Sinaloa.

One of my LEO freinds that rides bikes in SoCal hit me up to tell me that there is a new (unwritten) policy down there when stopping bikes. We were always taught that when stopped on a bike to remove your full face helmet so the officer can see you. Craig just called to tell me last week not to take it off any longer as "It can be used as a weapon".

Traffic stops are officially scary as hell.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

LadySkadi
I kinda feel that the commenters on that article page have it right - the school might be trying to make it hard on her so that she will withdraw the kid. Also doesn't sound like she's an easy parent... catch 22 really, a parent trying to advocate for a special needs child is almost always at a disadvantage if they try going it alone. There are family/child advocates in most places that can help and will work for the best interest of the child... as for the arrest, seems unjust. If she was buzzed in by school official/staff then she did have permission to be there - she was not trespassing.
edit on 23-3-2014 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

I agree that its a catch 22 for the school, especially when the parents play the sytem. NOT saying all do, but there are some.
The child advocate placated to the parent in my foster sons case and did NOT address his needs. Not once in all the time I had him did his PO, advocate, attrnry EVER contact him or me. I had him for close to 6 months.
The school [within reason] and several of his caseworkers did but it became too many involved, so nobody did anything really.

If it turns out that the mom was anything like my foster son's, then yes police call was warrented.

Schools can only do so much and then they have to draw a line somewhere.
The mom knew the rules and I would guess that this isn't the first time her kid had a meltdown.
IMHO....the school did what it had to under the circumstances.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Danbones

pushing string and herding cats sucks
all i can say Palma is: hopefully he gets tired of the downs and gets to where he wants a change
or
you use the trick that people use to get a kid to eat onions...
hide it in the sauce
virgin ceasers maybe..heavy on the Tabasco...mexican scrambled eggs...
or
if my effected 'tude was any indication
maybe tell him he can't have any...

my foster kid is gone. he jumped off a proverbial cliff. he is trying to kill anyone who comes near him. he can't even hear me anymore and i was the one person deemed by TPTB, who could reach him.
I havent been online in a while cause I been deeling with all this.

ETA... dan, i got your messages and tried to respond, but I dont think they went through.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Homeschool the children and eliminate not only the public school system's money parade, but also their raison d'etre.

Solves several problems at once, the indoctrination-salute the effing flag-problem, the bullying problem, the lack of one on one tailored instruction problem, and last but not least, the school shooting problem. Not to mention the crappy teacher problem, the pedophile teacher problem and the 10 months on, 2 months off forget everything problem. Oh, and the 'teach to the test' problem. If you're worried about socializing, there's dozens of sports, scouts or special interest groups (archery, anyone?) out there that you can enroll in, and scheduling will not be an issue. If you feel you can't afford it, look long and hard at your mortgage and standard of living and ask yourself what's more important? One parent's 'career' or your kids? Many people buy into an expensive house to have a 'good' school system, then have to work horrific hours to afford the place. See how that worked out at Sandy Hook?

For those of you not in states conducive to home schooling or actively working against it because gawd forbid you might not know enough to teach a kid to read (which is really all you need to do, that and have a library card) I can wholeheartedly recommend a place in Michigan called 'Clonlara' although I'm sure there are others like it. For a small yearly fee, they handle ALL the paperwork your local school district Nazis need, provide recommended reading and other helpful materials, and provide the reference once a high school diploma is earned. My daughter was enrolled at the 8th grade mark and we never looked back. She did so well on her college entrance exams that she earned a scholarship, so she wasn't lacking in anything that the grandiose public school system thinks they provide. Literally no one knew she didn't go to a 'regular' school, the address is in Michigan; eliminates the possible bias towards homeschooling you may see in various colleges, who pretty much just want your kid's money in any event.

clonlara website

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

~Lucidity
They buzzed her in and then had her arrested?

Worse...they CALLED her and asked her to come to the school. Then trespassed her. With her dependent son there.

IANAL, but it seems to me there's probably something unlawful about holding a minor and trespassing the parent. Something "illegal detention"-y. Also, it seems like you'd have a bit of difficulty with a trespass having called a person to come. Remember, the school's rules are not law and not signing a book is not enforceable by a LEO.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join