It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As Ted Cruz Predicted: PUTIN EYES ESTONIA – Signals Concern of Russian Minority

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Anyone surprised So No one Stopped Putin In Crimea. Now guess what he is getting ready to move forward.

As Ted Cruz Predicted: PUTIN EYES ESTONIA – Signals Concern of Russian Minority

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by knightrider078

Well if this is the case, I highly doubt he will get away with it for the second time. Unless of course the people vote to become part of Russia...

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Doesn't it seem strange that the situation in Crimea has been likened to actions that lead up to WWII by Nazi Germany and here is this guy (Putin), who is very intelligent and knows his history and what the West is saying, just goes right ahead and plays the script perfectly, the corpse of Ukrainian Crimea still warm and he is saber rattling again? THIS IS A SET UP My BS radar is going off the scale.

edit on 19/3/14 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
How ironic.Putin using the exact same excuses for invasion that Hittler did."To protect our people".So I guess the Russians figure they can annex ANY country that has a handful of Russian speaking people.My position is if they love Russia so much why don't they go home?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

TDawg61
How ironic.Putin using the exact same excuses for invasion that Hittler did."To protect our people".So I guess the Russians figure they can annex ANY country that has a handful of Russian speaking people.My position is if they love Russia so much why don't they go home?

Exactly, what next, Mexico gets to annex America because their people are here?

This is exactly what Hitler did all over eastern Europe.

And our "glorious" leaders are once again practicing the appeasement doctrine, that has always worked.

Everyone knows the only way to handle a bully, is to give him your lunch money, to appease him. He will finally be happy when you give it to him, and he will never come back demanding it again, because you gave him what he wanted. It isnt like appeasing someone, will simply encourage them to keep up their errant behavior.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I watch these new developments with great interest.

Putin very may well be the next Hitler. Here are some striking similarities with his actions of late;

-Hitler hosted the summer Olympics in 1936 to 'showcase' the Nazi regime.

-Putin held the winter Olympics in 2014 to 'Showcase' Russian culture

-Hitler started persecuting gay people very quickly and had them rounded up along with the Jews. He cited that they were not part of the Aryan race he was trying to breed. He was in fact trying to breed an army.

-Putin has recently stated that 'Russia needs to cleanse itself of gays' and that Russia needs to expand it's population. Sounds like he too wants to breed an army of his own. From what I have seen it would look like he will target Muslims, not Jews this time around.

-Hitler invaded neghbouring countries in order to expand Nazi empire

-Putin has invaded and annexed Crimea so far to expand the Russian empire.

When you do the math, this is starting to look very scary.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Considering Estonia is both an EU member AND a NATO member, I call FUD on this article.

Fearmongering, hyperbole and drama. Hope he gets his advertising clicks.

1) Write FUD articles
2) ??
3) Profit!!! from advert eyeballs.

Looks like everybody is making a nice profit from drama articles.

I should hack up a blog site csreaming Russian INVASION with adverts, could make money this way.

edit on 19-3-2014 by bubab because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

oblvion

TDawg61

And our "glorious" leaders are once again practicing the appeasement doctrine, that has always worked.

Everyone knows the only way to handle a bully, is to give him your lunch money, to appease him. He will finally be happy when you give it to him, and he will never come back demanding it again, because you gave him what he wanted. It isnt like appeasing someone, will simply encourage them to keep up their errant behavior.

Yes exactly Oblivion.Appeasement has never worked but isn't that the million dollar question.Will Putin stop with Crimea or is this just the beginning?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Here's the original Reuters article:

www.reuters.com...

Coupled with this:

www.reuters.com...

If I lived in Estonia, I would have concerns too...

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Elysarian

www.reuters.com...

Coupled with this:

www.reuters.com...

Well, Estonia is a European and nato member as somebody else stated, why would you be concerned?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

woodendoll

Well, Estonia is a European and nato member as somebody else stated, why would you be concerned?

Quite simply;

If Putin eyes Estonia and makes a move to take it over, the only way to stop him will be with force. We've already seen that diplomatic and economic solutions only made him laugh in our faces over Crimea.

Russia has nuclear weapons. So does Nato. I think you can guess what the worst case scenario is here.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

markosity1973

woodendoll

Quite simply;

If Putin eyes Estonia and makes a move to take it over, the only way to stop him will be with force. We've already seen that diplomatic and economic solutions only made him laugh in our faces over Crimea.

Russia has nuclear weapons. So does Nato. I think you can guess what the worst case scenario is here.

I see drama, but I don't see common sense here.

Can you highlight in your text where the common sense is for me? Thanks.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

woodendoll

Elysarian

www.reuters.com...

Coupled with this:

www.reuters.com...

Who knows how far Russia will push this one? - the west have done very little to stop what's happening in Crimea. I'm of the opinion that it's very unlikely that they would touch an EU/NATO state myself (and there is the fact that it would be impossible to try to cover up an invasion of a Baltic state as "pro-Russian internal forces" like in Crimea).

A lot of people are pointing out comparisons between what's happening now and what happened in 1938 - Hitler didn't expect England and France to stick to the treaty with Poland after letting him get away with Austria and Czechoslovakia.

The EU and NATO are, at the end of the day, just groups of independent countries who've signed treaties together.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Elysarian

woodendoll

Elysarian

www.reuters.com...

Coupled with this:

www.reuters.com...

Who knows how far Russia will push this one? - the west have done very little to stop what's happening in Crimea. I'm of the opinion that it's very unlikely that they would touch an EU/NATO state myself (and there is the fact that it would be impossible to try to cover up an invasion of a Baltic state as "pro-Russian internal forces" like in Crimea).

A lot of people are pointing out comparisons between what's happening now and what happened in 1938 - Hitler didn't expect England and France to stick to the treaty with Poland after letting him get away with Austria and Czechoslovakia.

The EU and NATO are, at the end of the day, just groups of independent countries who've signed treaties together.

Well it looks like he is reacting to the west pushing him. The west pushed too far with Ukraine and this is blowback.

we all know the west is not squeeky clean and has their fingers in all pies here, do don't pretend otherwise.

Poke a cornered animal and they defend. That is what we see playing out here.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

TDawg61

oblvion

TDawg61

Yes exactly Oblivion.Appeasement has never worked but isn't that the million dollar question.Will Putin stop with Crimea or is this just the beginning?

If we let him do this, he will continue doing it until someone makes him stop.

Why would you stop doing somthing that benefits you, unless there are actual negative consequences?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

woodendoll

Elysarian

woodendoll

Elysarian

www.reuters.com...

Coupled with this:

www.reuters.com...

Well it looks like he is reacting to the west pushing him. The west pushed too far with Ukraine and this is blowback.

we all know the west is not squeeky clean and has their fingers in all pies here, do don't pretend otherwise.

So in your use of logic, if I corner and animal, it bites an unrelated individual?

Because in my experience, if I corner and animal it will bite me, not run across the road and bite the neighbor.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by woodendoll

If you are defending Putin, then this is how it will all blow over;

Putin makes good on his grand 'Welcome to Russia Crimea' speech and leaves it at that. He keeps Crimea and does nothing more to expand the Russian borders, eventually the West gets over it and it's business as usual.

It all relies on Putin keeping to his word. If he does, then all will be well.

If he goes for Estonia, he is only going to make things worse.

And yes, you are right the West, America in particular is far from innocent. But that is a topic for another thread.....

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I've been calling Kerry "Neville Chamberlain" since this started.

Guess I wasn't too far off.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

markosity1973
reply to post by woodendoll

If you are defending Putin, then this is how it will all blow over;

Putin makes good on his grand 'Welcome to Russia Crimea' speech and leaves it at that. He keeps Crimea and does nothing more to expand the Russian borders, eventually the West gets over it and it's business as usual.

It all relies on Putin keeping to his word. If he does, then all will be well.

If he goes for Estonia, he is only going to make things worse.

And yes, you are right the West, America in particular is far from innocent. But that is a topic for another thread.....

I see lots of If's and but's but no real hard evidence. Congecture and huff puff.

Funny, it is the NATO and EU members who are screaming fear, yet, it is NATO and the EU who wanted Ukraine. I have to wonder who is pulling their strings. Do the math.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

woodendoll

Elysarian

woodendoll

Elysarian

www.reuters.com...

Coupled with this:

www.reuters.com...

Oh I know we've been poking... NATO expansion onto Russia's doorstep was always going to lead to confrontation somewhere.

What concerns me is the amount of obvious propaganda from both sides - it's like neither thinks that in the modern, connected world, rational people can look at other sources that their own state-sponsored news outlets (problem is that it's getting difficult to tell what's propaganda and what isn't)

This is why I look to multiple sources before I judge any event (of my mainstream sources Al-Jazeera actually seems to be the most neutral right now, I'm seeing anti-western stuff on all the Russian sites and anti-Russian stuff on every western site with some worse than others)

The world prior to WW1 was a powder keg looking for a spark, it just took one man (gavrilo princip) to provide the spark that time. It does feel - to me at least - that the world is heading in a similar direction now with the tensions between east and west being as bad as during the cold war.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join