It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As Ted Cruz Predicted: PUTIN EYES ESTONIA – Signals Concern of Russian Minority

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Elysarian

woodendoll

Elysarian

woodendoll

Elysarian
Here's the original Reuters article:

www.reuters.com...

Coupled with this:

www.reuters.com...

If I lived in Estonia, I would have concerns too...

Well, Estonia is a European and nato member as somebody else stated, why would you be concerned?

Who knows how far Russia will push this one? - the west have done very little to stop what's happening in Crimea. I'm of the opinion that it's very unlikely that they would touch an EU/NATO state myself (and there is the fact that it would be impossible to try to cover up an invasion of a Baltic state as "pro-Russian internal forces" like in Crimea).

A lot of people are pointing out comparisons between what's happening now and what happened in 1938 - Hitler didn't expect England and France to stick to the treaty with Poland after letting him get away with Austria and Czechoslovakia.

The EU and NATO are, at the end of the day, just groups of independent countries who've signed treaties together.

Well it looks like he is reacting to the west pushing him. The west pushed too far with Ukraine and this is blowback.

we all know the west is not squeeky clean and has their fingers in all pies here, do don't pretend otherwise.

Poke a cornered animal and they defend. That is what we see playing out here.

Oh I know we've been poking... NATO expansion onto Russia's doorstep was always going to lead to confrontation somewhere.

What concerns me is the amount of obvious propaganda from both sides - it's like neither thinks that in the modern, connected world, rational people can look at other sources that their own state-sponsored news outlets (problem is that it's getting difficult to tell what's propaganda and what isn't)

This is why I look to multiple sources before I judge any event (of my mainstream sources Al-Jazeera actually seems to be the most neutral right now, I'm seeing anti-western stuff on all the Russian sites and anti-Russian stuff on every western site with some worse than others)

The world prior to WW1 was a powder keg looking for a spark, it just took one man (gavrilo princip) to provide the spark that time. It does feel - to me at least - that the world is heading in a similar direction now with the tensions between east and west being as bad as during the cold war.

In honestly believe that the most FALSE propaganda is comming from the west rather than from the east. AT least from what I have seen on many news stations and sites.

The most twisting is comming from the west.

The greater bending and twisting of words and squirming is comming from the west, Russia just says... its this.. its that... No major drama unlike the west TV is pumping out.

Truth and facts are just there, if you have to dance around the handbag looking for asses to grab, then youre working too hard to present the facts. It is an easy way to spot a scam artist, if have to go out of their way to convince you, its proably too good to be true, if they have to then resort to instilling FEAR into you to cooerce you, it is probably not true.

Simple common sense, a life skill.

edit on 19-3-2014 by woodendoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by woodendoll

Since, it sounds like you are on the Putin side of this debate, what is your solution to the escalating tensions?

As a citizen of the West, I really don't understand why there needs to be all these problems between us and Russia anyway. I just know that America and Russia are on a slippery slope to the old days where there is constant chest beating and threats of nuclear deployment if we don't do something to defuse this situation.

The sad thing is that here in the West we will all be dragged into America's dangerous little game, whether we agree or not.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

markosity1973

Since, it sounds like you are on the Putin side of this debate, what is your solution to the escalating tensions?

As a citizen of the West, I really don't understand why there needs to be all these problems between us and Russia anyway. I just know that America and Russia are on a slippery slope to the old days where there is constant chest beating and threats of nuclear deployment if we don't do something to defuse this situation.

The sad thing is that here in the West we will all be dragged into America's dangerous little game, whether we agree or not.

You can think whatever Side I am on if you wish, that is your perogitive, I don't care what you think.

The best way to de-escalate it was not to escalate it in the first place. But noooo they had to go and do it, and not wait for the original president to step down which he was, and call reelections, that was not good enough, they had to ignite it and now they cannot control Svoboda. That is called blowback, and slap it in to them for getting burnt.

You know, the west has meddled in too many affairs world wide that a lot of rest of the world actually ENJOY watching them get burnt.

I'm here for my entertainment.

edit on 19-3-2014 by woodendoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

YoComrade
reply to post by knightrider078

Well if this is the case, I highly doubt he will get away with it for the second time. Unless of course the people vote to become part of Russia...

That's an easy fix with the use of a US, Canadian, UK, Australian, etc. electronic voting machine. And if they don't use one of those, it;s not the votes that counts, it's the votes that are counted by the counters and who they are paid (off) by.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 3/19.2014 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Cinrad
Doesn't it seem strange that the situation in Crimea has been likened to actions that lead up to WWII by Nazi Germany and here is this guy (Putin), who is very intelligent and knows his history and what the West is saying, just goes right ahead and plays the script perfectly, the corpse of Ukrainian Crimea still warm and he is saber rattling again? THIS IS A SET UP My BS radar is going off the scale.

edit on 19/3/14 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

yes its a set up the endgame is as it was in ww1 and ww2 get everyone fighting and kill billions
possibly a couple of nuclear strikes to make it all real. all sides have agreed to purge most of the human race then put an end to all hostilities forever living in 1 big technocratic utopia populated by 500mill or less serfs the elite of course and the open zoo´s which they basically have planed for most of the planets surface the sad thing is its all gonna happen and we are going to watch it and just try to not to get killed

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

bubab
Considering Estonia is both an EU member AND a NATO member, I call FUD on this article.

That doesn't really mean much. It would only change strategy. Get puppets into control first, spread anti-NATO, anti-EU sentiment everywhere. Wait for them to break up ties and they're good for "liberation". I don't think he has the balls for such a long play. That would need to go on for a very long time. Ukraine was just in a weakened state and Putin saw an quick oppurtunity for a land grap.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
No one Stopped Putin with Crimea. So why would we start now.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by bubab

Dead on mate

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

woodendoll

markosity1973

If you are defending Putin, then this is how it will all blow over;

Putin makes good on his grand 'Welcome to Russia Crimea' speech and leaves it at that. He keeps Crimea and does nothing more to expand the Russian borders, eventually the West gets over it and it's business as usual.

It all relies on Putin keeping to his word. If he does, then all will be well.

If he goes for Estonia, he is only going to make things worse.

And yes, you are right the West, America in particular is far from innocent. But that is a topic for another thread.....

I see lots of If's and but's but no real hard evidence. Congecture and huff puff.

Funny, it is the NATO and EU members who are screaming fear, yet, it is NATO and the EU who wanted Ukraine. I have to wonder who is pulling their strings. Do the math.

Yes the Eu planned to take it over, just like Russia did.......oh wait that is not even close to the truth.

They had negotiated a economic deal with them, and were planning on enacting it.

If that is your definition of "wanting" something, than how do you make this align with your thinking Russia just did the same thing, since they stole by military force, a landmass?

One of these things is not like the other. One of them is an economic deal, the other is naked aggression, and a land grab.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

knightrider078
Anyone surprised So No one Stopped Putin In Crimea. Now guess what he is getting ready to move forward.

As Ted Cruz Predicted: PUTIN EYES ESTONIA – Signals Concern of Russian Minority

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

If this is true, Tom Clancys last book (Command Authority, december 20012) was really prophetic. Russia wanting Estonia and Crimea.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Can I just say, in this world full of Hitlers its getting more and more complicated to pick a side.
Everyone and their mother seems to be Hitler nowadays.

We're currently out of Hitlers by the way, so could we have our souvereignty back now, please? Pretty please? Its been 80 years now... (we could also use our military restrictions being lifted... you know, because of all the Hitlers around us!)
Which Hitler would we have to address for such a thing?
edit on 19-3-2014 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawg61

Even more ironic is the fact that the U.S has done the exact same thing throughout the last few administrations.

The terrorists are coming! the terrorists are coming! Ring any bells?

The only difference is we don't annex the land. We just impose a new government.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
This is Bull people are trying to compare this to what the US has done. Small difference. Afghanistan was a radical Islamic dictatorship and Iraq were ruled by dictatorship. Russia Invaded a free country.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

knightrider078
This is Bull people are trying to compare this to what the US has done. Small difference. Afghanistan was a radical Islamic dictatorship and Iraq were ruled by dictatorship. Russia Invaded a free country.

And what does the "free country" do? Fight the evil invaders with all their might? Nope. They pretty much accepted them. Because it was already Russia in everything but the name.

The Crimean conflict is far more complicated than country X invading country Y.

Said it before and saying it again - Ukraine is done for as a country. They cant keep it together. Its either going to be a civil war or Russia taking over the eastern half the country. And you know what? I'd actually prefer the later instead of hundreds of thousands of dead.

Russia may be scary, but sometimes you just have to accept the fact that the area is like 80-90% Russian to begin with. Trying to force them to be something else isnt going to work unless they want it themselves.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawg61

So I guess Putin should have let Russians get lynched on Ukrainian streets just for being Russians. That would make him less like Hitler maybe?

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by knightrider078

You seem to forget about Libya, Egypt, and Syria. The U.S.A. and particularly the Obama administration has their head up the rectum of pretty much every country in the world.

Obama is the biggest dictator of them all. Hell even his old lady wants to tell us how to eat and educate our children.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
All this invasion talk, Putin supposedly wanting to recreate the Soviet Bloc and invade all the old states, what utter hogwash!
It's nothing more than western fed propaganda for the new cold war and an excuse for the US to move even more resources into the region.

Seriously, the Hitler name calling is so ridiculous too! Why, it's like the Jews are running the playbook on this one, which lets face it, they are, through their banking and globalisation plays. Putin is no more the next Hitler then Obama is the next Papal candidate!

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Diisenchanted
reply to post by TDawg61

Even more ironic is the fact that the U.S has done the exact same thing throughout the last few administrations.

The only difference is we don't annex the land. We just impose a new government.

Sorry but you are mistaken. The people elected their own leaders when things cooled down enough for that to happen rather than be led by dictators.

If it were not for Pakistan and their two faced crap A-stan would have been peaceful awhile ago for the most part. Iran and Saudi are still beating and killing people in Iraq so that's not much our fault. We removed the threat to us and the greater region but the dummies in D.C. did not do it properly. Disbanding and not working with the Iraqi army after we had 86ed Saddam and his family was the main cause because they would have kept the peace.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Britguy
All this invasion talk, Putin supposedly wanting to recreate the Soviet Bloc and invade all the old states, what utter hogwash!
It's nothing more than western fed propaganda for the new cold war and an excuse for the US to move even more resources into the region.

Seriously, the Hitler name calling is so ridiculous too! Why, it's like the Jews are running the playbook on this one, which lets face it, they are, through their banking and globalisation plays. Putin is no more the next Hitler then Obama is the next Papal candidate!

Putin has stated many times that the worst Russian disaster ever was the fall of the Soviet Union. Any leader that just makes up crap to steal territory is a Hitler. He did it in Georgia and now Crimea. I would not doubt it if Estonia is next, however that will bring a NATO full force response in a big way. If he pushes into Ukraine any more than he has Poland will rile up the troops because they do not want Russia to be on their southern border at all, they hate Russia.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Patriotsrevenge

Diisenchanted
reply to post by TDawg61

Sorry but you are mistaken. The people elected their own leaders when things cooled down enough for that to happen rather than be led by dictators.

If it were not for Pakistan and their two faced crap A-stan would have been peaceful awhile ago for the most part. Iran and Saudi are still beating and killing people in Iraq so that's not much our fault. We removed the threat to us and the greater region but the dummies in D.C. did not do it properly. Disbanding and not working with the Iraqi army after we had 86ed Saddam and his family was the main cause because they would have kept the peace.

Wow, there's still people in the US that they invaded the Middle East to stop threats against them? Yikes

Yeah sure, things just "settled down" after you bombed their infrastructure, turned regional culture against culture, murdered hundreds of thousands, committed myriad documented war crimes and crimes against humanity, rewrote their constitutions to fully enable neoliberal austerity, forced entire countries to follow your standards of statism..... Yup, sounds like everything is a-ok in "crap A-stan". Everything is democratic. Everything is great!
edit on 24-3-2014 by Vovin because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join