It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State TV says Russia could turn US to 'radioactive ash'.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   

State TV says Russia could turn US to 'radioactive ash'.

Moscow (AFP) - A leading anchor on Russian state television on Sunday described Russia as the only country capable of turning the United States into "radioactive ash", in an incendiary comment at the height of tensions over the Crimea referendum.

"Russia is the only country in the world realistically capable of turning the United States into radioactive ash," anchor Dmitry Kiselyov said on his weekly news show on state-controlled Rossiya 1 television.

Kiselyov made the comment to support his argument that the United States and President Barack Obama were living in fear of Russia led by President Vladimir Putin amid the Ukraine crisis.

Well, thats not very diplomatic, although hes not a diplomat.

I suppose our media isnt much different. The warmongering necons seem to be on every channel.

But this statement does get to the heart of our government's "problem".

Over the past few decades, our government has relied on violence when dealing with other nations, the law of the jungle.

This is the first time since the cold war, that our government cant simply bomb a nation into submission.

Why? Because Russia can actually defend herself.

Nor are our economic sanctions of much use. How come? Because our government has bankrupted our nation.

DC is acting like a bunch of spoiled brats. Apparently, they're the only ones who are allowed to violate international law.

edit on 19-3-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   
LOL.....so what you are suggesting is that the US did not in fact win the cold war......The USSR just took a time out and put their arms up to block for a few rounds to regain strength and let the opponent think they are winning while expending energy........Go Rocky Go......good find.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   

This is the first time since the cold war, that our government cant simply bomb a nation into submission.
Actually, we could. But it's the idiot in Russia who is suggesting it, not the US.

Nor are our economic sanctions of much use. How come? Because our government has bankrupted our nation.
Since when does the highest GDP (by a long shot) on the planet equal bankrupt?

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   
In other news state tv is drunk on vodka

la2

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Russia has debt of 12% of it GDP, compared to the USA that currently has 106% of GDP as national debt, Russia has virtually been untouched by recent economics, and has drastically upped it's defence spending, unlike the cuts in US.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I just dont understand what is the point to have nukes. War should involve only soldiers, not the lives of the innocent like everyone is doing. What is the point to kill everyone? Just to win? This is low. Life is gift. Not a tool for war win.

P.S. Actually i am fully against war. I just dont understand why soldiers are stupid enough on the borh sides, to die for nothing. Everyone that wants war, should be imprisoned forever.
edit on 19-3-2014 by ZeroFurrbone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   
This is akin to Russia getting involved in the unlikely situations of if America wants to annex Mexico.
And there was a referendum for it, and Mexico decided they wanted that.
Yeah there will be problems but seriously. If Russia poked it's nose in, I think most of the world would think WTF has Russia got to do with it? It's a world away and nothing to with them............I don't get why the U.S is even involved in this.......But maybe it's just me. And if it goes into world wide problems, I think most , when the dust the has settled will ask the same question.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Since debt beats it by so far.
And its not someone in russia suggesting bombing, its the US politicians, but you dont really like to be told the truth huh?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by la2

A pissing match? Really?

Not sure where you get those numbers, currently it seems the US debt is more like 75% of GDP which is still higher than that of Russia but it is, after all, hard to get credit when your income sucks. Business tends to invest in stronger economies and investment is, after all, where debt comes from, right?

Not sure of your point about defense spending though:
U.S. : 682 billion (4.4% of GDP)
Russia : 91 billion (4.4% of GDP)
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

if there is a war, honestly i will find everyone that was responsible and kill him. Leaders, generals, soldiers. Everyone. Althrough 90% of humans would be dead...

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Yusomad

And its not someone in russia suggesting bombing, its the US politicians

Please read the title of this thread:
State TV says Russia could turn US to "radioactive ash"

edit on 3/19/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   

ZeroFurrbone
reply to post by Flighty

if there is a war, honestly i will find everyone that was responsible and kill him. Leaders, generals, soldiers. Everyone. Althrough 90% of humans would be dead...

So you are going to enact war on those people....
Doesn't that go against your strong anti war stance?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Phage
reply to post by Yusomad

And its not someone in russia suggesting bombing, its the US politicians

Please read the title of this thread:
State TV says Russia could turn US to "radioactive ash"

edit on 3/19/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Guess you missed the pelosi chick asking for nukes to be used? Nvm that wont fit in your agenda.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Yusomad

I'm no fan of Nancy but yes, I did miss that. Can you point me in the right direction?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Yeah they could turn the US into ash, and we can turn them to ash.... so what's their point?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

Your analogy falls flat at the first test - To be an accurate comparison, you'd have to say "This is the same as the US invading Mexico, then bussing in loads of Americans to shore up the referendum and then staging a rushed and highly suspect vote on whether they wanted to join the US, all while American soldiers patrol the streets."

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   
When we have imbeciles running things in Washington DC, like right now, it isn't a surprise at all to hear other countries making these kinds of threats.. What does it say even more about our leader's skills?
They have much more skill in getting us all killed..

Personally, I think if Obama's Daddy had known how stupid he was really going to be, he would have traded him in for a pet kangaroo. A kangaroo really matches Obama's style as it just starts punching at anything and has no real thoughts or strategy, just strike out at anything and destroy everything in range, friend or foe doesn't matter because he fears both and doesn't actually discern friends or foe.. The entire world doesn't seem to like him either. And who is already paying for it? Our next 15 generations if we could even be expected to make it to that. We will be lucky to make it to next month. A kangaroo would probably make a better diplomat than anyone we have anyways.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

It's all very well hating on Obama, for whatever you reasons, but you had a bit of a dipstick President for 8 years prior to him who was even worse when it came to diplomacy, shoring up America's image and finances.

Point being, share the blame around. Had Bush not gone an invasion rampage, US credibility would be so much higher and you'd probably be able to take the moral high ground with regards to Crimea.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

My bad, was palin, thread here click

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Yusomad

So she's as much as an idiot as Kiselyov. So what's your point?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join