It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Conversation About Abortion you need to read!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
Its only murder if you think it is, your backing away from the issue.
Are you willing to enforce your laws, opinions and beleifs on someone else?
I could call a soldier a murderer , does that mean I should try and force my beliefs on them?
I could call doctors murderers because they sometimes must let a patient die, does that mean I should force my beleifs on them?
No, we have NO right, repeat NO right to define how a person should live.

Its only murder if I think it is? Thats funny. I should just go out and shoot a person in the head right now and when the cop comes Ill just say I didnt think it was murder. Im sure the cop would let me go
. If we dont have the right to tell a person how to live, then no one should be in jail. They want to steal, its their decision its their life why should we throw them in jail? Why should America have invaded Iraq? Why should any1 have stopped Hitler from exterminating the jews? Its how he wanted to live.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
Its only murder if I think it is? Thats funny. I should just go out and shoot a person in the head right now and when the cop comes Ill just say I didnt think it was murder. Im sure the cop would let me go

Hey, you dont agree with murder so you'll never be in that situation.
Its all about opinion and interpretation.

If we dont have the right to tell a person how to live, then no one should be in jail. They want to steal, its their decision its their life why should we throw them in jail? Why should America have invaded Iraq? Why should any1 have stopped Hitler from exterminating the jews? Its how he wanted to live.

But we dont, tell me what right we have to lay our laws on another man or women?

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Tell me how a heartbeat is not a human life?

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Because animals and mamals have heartbeats.....do you call a dolphin human?

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Because animals and mamals have heartbeats.....do you call a dolphin human?

Uh a human heartbeat
. We have the right, nay the responsibility to do whatever we can to save a human life. To stop murder and other wrong doings

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 02:05 AM
link   
you know i am sick at hearing about "the women's rights" on this issue. yes the woman does have a rights. they have the "right" to not have sex, the "right" to use birth controll (and there are so many differt types available). if a woman does not WANT a child there are many options available to use. why should an innocent life be MURDERED? and that is EXACTLY what an ABORTION is.

if a woman does not want to have a child, then why is she haveing sex? or sex without birth controll? ok every once in awhile bith conrtroll fails, well it can happen. just like you can get shot playing russian roulette. what is the BEST method to avoid getting shot while playing russion roulette? easy choose NOT TO PLAY. that is your choice.

now is the point of bringing rape into the picture. "well what if the woman is raped, why should she have to suffer a child born of it?" well rape is a very unfortunate occurance. the answer is simple if you realy don't want the child, put it up for adoption. there are many men and women who would love to have that child. they want one so much that there is even an "illigal" baby smuggleing ring. many people have to go to forin countries to find a baby to adopt. and if (i do understand that they do not always capture rapists), they catch the person then they should have to compensate you for your "suffering". this might even be a deturant for rapes. make them pay literaly for their crimes.

a question was asked about pro-lifers and their views on the death penalty. well i have to say that yes it CAN be a good thing. but for the most point i an against it due to the fact that many people COULD be innocent of their supposed crimes. i have been falsely acused of things many times, i have even been set up for things. i have on several ocasions come close to an arrest for things i did not do, therefore i am very leary of those found guilty. i have been through the torture of interogations so i know that even a "confession" could be very easily gotten from an innocent person. they realy try hard to get you to confess to what "they" think you have done.

i love the fact that some people call an unborn baby a "parasite", everyone has been through this stage in life. i do not understand how they can feel this way. a parasite is a forin creature that feeds or lives off of a host creature. a baby is NOT a parisite it was "created" by the host, it has not "invaded". it is a part of our natual life cycle.

you know if you follow the logic used for most abortions, we would be able to kill anyone who might be an inconveniance to us. oh i can't afford my kids so instead of makeing them suffere i put them out of their misory, isn't this best for them? they wouldn't have to suffer. oh i wasn't able to spend the time i should have with johny my career got in the way, he was just such an inconveniance, well he's not now he won't have to take up needed time now he's dead. both of these "mothers" would have committed murder wouldn't they?

most women's reasons for an abortion are very selfish in nature. they want all the pleasure of sex but when it happens they murder their babies just because they would be aninconveiniance to them. well they could have used multiple forms of "protection" or even not had sex to begin with. there is no need to murder someone because of the mistakes that "they"made. the baby has done nothing to deserve death. so why do we alow them to get "the death penalty" because of what the parrents did?

yes there are two people involved in makeing a baby. both parrents have a resposibility to a child. it is especialy sad and criminal, when a father is willing to take the child, but o no the mother dosn't want to carry this inconveinance. lets face it when abortions are permitted, we are santioning the murder of another human being, just because a mother is selfish. there are people willing to take that unwanted bundle of joy.

someone mentioned that if a mother trys to commit suicide, should she be charged with attempted murder? yes they should be, they are not only ending their life but also murdering someone else. this is a murder suicide attempt. just as when a parrent kills her children and then themselves. there is no differance.

one other thing occurs to me. there have been cases where an adoption has been set up dureing a pregnancy, as well as those who will cary a child for someone who is unable to concieve. interestingl;y enough some of those after delivering the child decide that even though they didn't want a child of their own, that they do not want to give it up. interesting. just think that in some of these cases that the child would have been killed off. if that dosn't say abortion is wrong, what will.

to finish off. if you do not want kids. don't have sex. if you do have sex take all precautions. if you still end up pregnate, then you have gambled and lost. this is no excuse for murdering someone else. for those children who end up pregnate. well reap what you have sown. and i mean BOTH the mother and father. after alll it take two to make a child so you both have equil responsibility for their mistakes. why should someone else die just because of the selfishness of someone else. remember always when you have an abortion you are killing someone. this is murder. a baby is not some inanimate object but a human life. i am sure that you would not want me to kill you just because i think that you will possibly be an inconveniance to me.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Good post Drogo good post. I would just like to add

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Uh a human heartbeat

Human heart beats are very similar to animal heartbeats.

We have the right, nay the responsibility to do whatever we can to save a human life. To stop murder and other wrong doings

Then we should stop wars.
If we have the "responsibility" to stop all wrong doings then why do we have an army?

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by drogo
you know i am sick at hearing about "the women's rights" on this issue. yes the woman does have a rights. they have the "right" to not have sex, the "right" to use birth controll (and there are so many differt types available). if a woman does not WANT a child there are many options available to use. why should an innocent life be MURDERED? and that is EXACTLY what an ABORTION is.

Firstly we dont care if your sick of hearing it because thats the main issue here.
Secondly birth control is not 100% effective and there are many cases of people who didnt have the "right" not to have sex.
Thirdly if you classify this as murder what do you classify a solider killing anoter soldier?
A necesary evil?
Sorry but "murder" is only "murder" when the judge thinks it is.

if a woman does not want to have a child, then why is she haveing sex? or sex without birth controll? ok every once in awhile bith conrtroll fails, well it can happen. just like you can get shot playing russian roulette. what is the BEST method to avoid getting shot while playing russion roulette? easy choose NOT TO PLAY. that is your choice.

If a man doesnt want to die of liver cancer that means he should stop drinking but I see no rallies against that.
If a man doesnt want to die of lung cander that means he should stop smokeing but I see no rallies about that.
Birth control is no where near 100% and frankly sex is a big part of modern culture, why?
Because from an early age youngsters see 20 year old wearing short skirts and low cut tops and gyrateing infront of the TV.

now is the point of bringing rape into the picture. "well what if the woman is raped, why should she have to suffer a child born of it?" well rape is a very unfortunate occurance. the answer is simple if you realy don't want the child, put it up for adoption. there are many men and women who would love to have that child. they want one so much that there is even an "illigal" baby smuggleing ring. many people have to go to forin countries to find a baby to adopt. and if (i do understand that they do not always capture rapists), they catch the person then they should have to compensate you for your "suffering". this might even be a deturant for rapes. make them pay literaly for their crimes.

So wait, you should suffer MORE pain because someone else thinks that not haveing a baby is wrong.
Sorry but as a man I would not want any woman to be in more pain because someone doesnt like the thought of killing a fetus.

a question was asked about pro-lifers and their views on the death penalty. well i have to say that yes it CAN be a good thing. but for the most point i an against it due to the fact that many people COULD be innocent of their supposed crimes. i have been falsely acused of things many times, i have even been set up for things. i have on several ocasions come close to an arrest for things i did not do, therefore i am very leary of those found guilty. i have been through the torture of interogations so i know that even a "confession" could be very easily gotten from an innocent person. they realy try hard to get you to confess to what "they" think you have done.

So your in agreement that the death penalty is wrong and unjust..
[quote[
i love the fact that some people call an unborn baby a "parasite", everyone has been through this stage in life. i do not understand how they can feel this way. a parasite is a forin creature that feeds or lives off of a host creature. a baby is NOT a parisite it was "created" by the host, it has not "invaded". it is a part of our natual life cycle.

A parasite doesnt need to "invade" , it can be created inside the host.
Also we are not suggesting on killing any baby , just a fetus.
In all medical and scientific respects it IS a parasite.
It lives off the host and needs the host.

you know if you follow the logic used for most abortions, we would be able to kill anyone who might be an inconveniance to us. oh i can't afford my kids so instead of makeing them suffere i put them out of their misory, isn't this best for them? they wouldn't have to suffer. oh i wasn't able to spend the time i should have with johny my career got in the way, he was just such an inconveniance, well he's not now he won't have to take up needed time now he's dead. both of these "mothers" would have committed murder wouldn't they?

Firstly, its not "inconveniece" its necessaty sometimes also, that is not the logic, that is your interpretation of the logic.
A big diffrence.

most women's reasons for an abortion are very selfish in nature. they want all the pleasure of sex but when it happens they murder their babies just because they would be aninconveiniance to them. well they could have used multiple forms of "protection" or even not had sex to begin with. there is no need to murder someone because of the mistakes that "they"made. the baby has done nothing to deserve death. so why do we alow them to get "the death penalty" because of what the parrents did?

Firsrlt yet again its not murder.
Secondly protection is not 100%
Thirdly if this is murder why are we not bringing the alcohol and cigerette companies in for mass murder and genocide.

yes there are two people involved in makeing a baby. both parrents have a resposibility to a child. it is especialy sad and criminal, when a father is willing to take the child, but o no the mother dosn't want to carry this inconveinance. lets face it when abortions are permitted, we are santioning the murder of another human being, just because a mother is selfish. there are people willing to take that unwanted bundle of joy.

Yet again, it is not a human being.
Is it self aware?
No, also this would be a case of both parents reaching an agreement but overall it is the mothers choice because she is the life bringer and its her body.

someone mentioned that if a mother trys to commit suicide, should she be charged with attempted murder? yes they should be, they are not only ending their life but also murdering someone else. this is a murder suicide attempt. just as when a parrent kills her children and then themselves. there is no differance.

Suicide is a touchy buisness , you dont fight fire with fire on this front or you will see many more deaths and much suffering.

one other thing occurs to me. there have been cases where an adoption has been set up dureing a pregnancy, as well as those who will cary a child for someone who is unable to concieve. interestingl;y enough some of those after delivering the child decide that even though they didn't want a child of their own, that they do not want to give it up. interesting. just think that in some of these cases that the child would have been killed off. if that dosn't say abortion is wrong, what will.

Firstly this is your opinion, no facts. Just opinion.
People change you cant prepare for that.

to finish off. if you do not want kids. don't have sex. if you do have sex take all precautions. if you still end up pregnate, then you have gambled and lost. this is no excuse for murdering someone else. for those children who end up pregnate. well reap what you have sown. and i mean BOTH the mother and father. after alll it take two to make a child so you both have equil responsibility for their mistakes. why should someone else die just because of the selfishness of someone else. remember always when you have an abortion you are killing someone. this is murder. a baby is not some inanimate object but a human life. i am sure that you would not want me to kill you just because i think that you will possibly be an inconveniance to me.

Selfishness kills everyday, if a woman drinks alcohol while being pregnant she is kiling the baby, if a woman BREATHES, she is killing the baby.
No matter what you do it is killing the baby, its only a matter of time.
Also this is all just opinion, agree if you want but dont be intimidated by it.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Uh a human heartbeat

Human heart beats are very similar to animal heartbeats.

We have the right, nay the responsibility to do whatever we can to save a human life. To stop murder and other wrong doings

Then we should stop wars.
If we have the "responsibility" to stop all wrong doings then why do we have an army?

Humans are more important than animals
Some wars are necessary to fight. If America did join the allies in ww2 then Germany or Japan would have inevitably taken over the world. If a soldier has to kill then what can I say you have to. And yes you should do all you can to stop all wars.

Now come on respect all life for goodness sakes. Im sure when you were still unborn you wouldnt have wanted to have been killed.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Humans are more important than animals
Some wars are necessary to fight. If America did join the allies in ww2 then Germany or Japan would have inevitably taken over the world. If a soldier has to kill then what can I say you have to. And yes you should do all you can to stop all wars.

Why are they more important?

Then some abortions are necessary, if a child is born so badly injured it would be liveing in suffering then it should be killed.
A soldier does not NEED to kill, just that if he/she doesnt he/she will most likely be killed.

Now come on respect all life for goodness sakes. Im sure when you were still unborn you wouldnt have wanted to have been killed.

I respect life, I just know that sometimes it must be sacrificed and its not my place to question it.
If I had to die, then so be it.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   

you know i am sick at hearing about "the women's rights" on this issue.

a) Clearly, you are not sick of hearing about this topic because you still seemed inclined to comment.
b) Are you a woman? Have you ever been faced with this difficult decision? If the answer is no, then I envy you for being able to sit on the sidelines and voice your opinion.

Ah see, there you go again mentioning that magic word- choice. Why do people choose to have sex? Is it merely for procreation purposes? Why is it called "making love"? Sex or the art of "making love" brings a couple in a relationship closer together. Sexual intercourse is a sense of affection and tenderness felt by lovers and is completely natural. Sex is a part of any long term relationship and accidents do happen.

People are going to continue having abortions whether you or I agree with them or not. They are going to continue having then even if by law they become illegal. I would rather the woman have the legal right by law and proper medical attention, then it be illegal and they STILL have an abortion and die from a rusty coat hanger in an alley somewhere.

they catch the person then they should have to compensate you for your "suffering". this might even be a deturant for rapes. make them pay literaly for their crimes.

No amount of money can compensate a person for the permenant psychological damage that a rapist causes, and to even entertain the idea that monetary units would prevent rapists from thinking twice is ludicrous. A rapist doesn't care about money or jail time. They are driven by the need to be in control, to be powerful, to violate a person against their will.

First off, this is a medical point of view that is unclouded by religious intonations. An embryo up until approx. 6 months feeds and lives off a host (the mother) and can not survive on it's own without the host. The foreign creature would be the the male gamete. The male gamete does not reside in the woman. Half the chromosomes that make up an zygote are foreign. In order for the zygote to survive it must excrete an enzyme which erodes epithelial uterine lining and creates a site for implantation. It then attaches itself and feeds of the mother. Believe what you like.

there are people willing to take that unwanted bundle of joy.

If this statement is so true then why are their so many children already exisiting that remain wards of the state until they are adults? Why are children services offices overflowing with paperwork?

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Easy, can you live on a heartbeat alone? I think you also need lung development in order to breathe as well as other bodily functions that are not developed at 28 days or up to six months for that matter.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I #ing hate that Goddam choice arguement. NO ONE SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE TO COMMIT MURDER. IT IS MURDER. NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY IT IS MURDER. NOTHING YOU CAN DO OR SAY WILL CHANGE THAT. MURDER IS MURDER NO MATTER HOW SMALL THE PERSON IS.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   

I #ing hate that Goddam choice arguement.

Well, until you grow the reproductive organs to make a decision involving this choice, I suggest you stop arguing. BTW- while you are at it why don't you adhere to ALL of your God's commandments and not beat #6 to death like a dead horse already. Commandment #3 states:" You shall not take the name of God in vain." What does it mean to take God’s name in vain? It’s an attitude problem. Many use God’s name daily because they have a poor vocabulary. God’s concern here is with respect for “the name”. God’s very name represents who he is; His power, nature and character. It is a powerful name and should be spoken with respect. To take God’s name in vain is to discount His position and authority. Looks to me like someone is going to be burning the midnight oil at the stations of the cross.

NO ONE SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE TO COMMIT MURDER. IT IS MURDER. NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY IT IS MURDER. NOTHING YOU CAN DO OR SAY WILL CHANGE THAT. MURDER IS MURDER NO MATTER HOW SMALL THE PERSON IS.

Croat56 you are redundant. Here's a definition in case you need one.
Main Entry: re·dun·dant
Function: adjective
Etymology: Latin redundant-, redundans, present participle of redundare to overflow -- more at REDOUND
1 a : exceeding what is necessary or normal : SUPERFLUOUS b : characterized by or containing an excess; specifically : using more words than necessary c : characterized by similarity or repetition

I would also like to add extremely biased.
b : an inclination of temperament or outlook; especially : a personal and sometimes unreasoned judgment : PREJUDICE c : an instance of such prejudice d (1) : deviation of the expected value of a statistical estimate from the quantity it estimates (2) : systematic error introduced into sampling or testing by selecting or encouraging one outcome or answer over others

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I dont need my religion to tell me that murder of all kind is wrong. Why is it you assume its because im religiouse? Funny how you attack me. Thats not the issue here. Why is it you think murdering innocent children is okay? You are trying to divert the attention away from murder and make it into a religiouse arguement. All I see is your insecurity, maybe guilt?

[edit on 5/3/2005 by Croat56]

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by kastinyque
So you beleive that two deaths would be better than one? Because by doing away with legal safe abortions your sentencing many women who are desperate not to have a child to death. There have always been ways to abort a pregnancy, it has been practiced for ages by midwives and herbologists, but the alternate ways of doing so is dangerous to the woman as well as the fetus. I agree completly that abortions are abused and highly overused , but to do away with it completly isn't practicle.

so what you are saying in essince is. that since people will do this anyway then it should be legal so that they don't have a risk of getting killed themselves? interesting logic. following this logic the spousal killing should be legal. many people do this anyway and it can lead to their deaths as well. also following this logic, drugs like herowin should be handed out for free as it would save the lives of many who get killed because drugs are improperly cut and then cause the useres deaths, and the free part would stop all those killed over money to buy said drugs.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I dont need my religion to tell me that murder of all kind is wrong. Why is it you assume its because im religiouse?

Funny, all of your arguments are based on the extreme Catholic zealotous attitude that's become way too prevalent in abortion debate of late. You've made your religious determination quite obvious in the past. Your religion is yours to choose, but the line is drawn when you, who know nothing of being a woman, enforces your antiquated religious viewpoints on me, as a woman who actually faces these issues.

Just a few instances in which you've made your religion quite obvious in your politics:

Do sperm have any rights?

Do they? I mean they should right? They are a potential human being after all. I dont understand how ppl can just kill them with like spermacide and think its completely ok. Shouldnt they get some rights? If animals have rights shouldnt they? They are living things afterall. I know that b4 they make it to the egg they arent yet a person, but isnt it kind of unfair and cruel to just kill them without any hope? I know that billions of them die each day, but still. I dont think its as bad as abortion, but should they have any rights?

Hey half a person is better then none
I dont mean like naturally dieing out, I mean being purposely killed so they do not have a chance to impregnate a women.
Who are you to determine if a sperm has a right to impregnate a woman? Whatever happened to the woman's say? Besides, don't 299,999 of the 300,000 sperm die anyway, even with conception?

Hey who are we to deny someone the right to live? *Cough Terry Schiavo Cough*

You mean the ancient romans? Nah they did things that were immoral and unrespectful.
So have a lot of people. Christians, Muslims, Jews, Pagans, Mormos, just to name a few, have all done things that are immoral in the eyes of other people's religions. The Spanish Inquision, the Crusades, and the Mormons establishing their religious base out of Utah. I can cite several books if you'd like.

The romans killed Jesus. They had rituals and events that were horrible!
See above.

A parasite? A PARASITE? HOW THE CAN YOU CALL A HUMAN LIFE A PARASITE? THEY ARE HUMAN BEINGS. SO WHAT IF THEY CANT SURVIVE ON THEIR OWN YET? OF COURSE THEY CANT THEYRE NOT FULLY GROWN YET. EVERY1 NEEDS THOSE 9 MONTHS BEING IN THERE TO GROW. WE MIGHT AS WELL CALL CHILDREN A PARASITE. THEY CANT SURVIVE ON THEIR OWN, THEIR NOT FULLY GROWN. HELL WHY NOT JUST KILL CHILDREN UNDER 10? ITS THE SAME DAM THING.
- this is just a simple case of being totally misinformed and only hearing what you want to hear.

Not to mention that you advertised your religion with an avatar mourning the death of the pope. I'm not attacking you for this, as you are more than entitled to express your love for your religious leader. However, it does express by the same token, your religious convictions.

Funny how you attack me.

You've attacked every woman living on this planet... yet you accuse me of attacking you? Using a size 6 font to retort to a post focusing on the unbiased medical and scientific aspects of abortion can very easilly be construed as aggressive behaviour. Is this not an attack?

While we're on the subject of attacking people, how about these?

oh and james nice to see your still losing the battle against ignorance.

This is exactly what is wrong with the human race. No value of life at all. Makes me ashamed to be human sometimes.
Any other lifeforms you'd like to attack? Elephants have been known to kill on occasion, and not eat their kills. Isn't that immoral too? You've just insulted every member of the human race. Thank you. Love you too.

As far as general ignorant and uninformed comments, here's a few you might be familliar with:

I dont think any1 should have the choice to commit murder. These pro abortionists are hiding behind the its a choice notion. Its murder. No one should have that choice. Not you not me not ANYONE.

I never stated I was pro-abortion. I am pro-choice. Perhaps you should understand the difference. You are too blindsided by your religion-based convictions to admit that not everyone agrees with you on this. Religion is the number one reason for close-mindedness, after all, it is the reason for roughly 75% of the wars in the history of mankind. If you weren't so blinded by your religion, you might actually be able to open yourself up to other points of view. I'm not asking that you subscribe to them, just listen to them and respect them.

Its only murder if I think it is? Thats funny. I should just go out and shoot a person in the head right now and when the cop comes Ill just say I didnt think it was murder. Im sure the cop would let me go. If we dont have the right to tell a person how to live, then no one should be in jail. They want to steal, its their decision its their life why should we throw them in jail? Why should America have invaded Iraq? Why should any1 have stopped Hitler from exterminating the jews? Its how he wanted to live

Here, you're simply missing the point. We have laws to abide by. Currently, abortion is legal. Cold-blooded murder is not. Abortion is legal because a majority of the lawmakers and citizens feel that it is not murder. Lawmakers have even compromised on the abortion issue by deciding the legal term during a pregnancy that an abortion is legal. If you note any state law regarding abortion, most state that the abortion is illegal after 6 months. This is because before 6 months, the child cannot be sustained outside of the mother's body, and is therefore not a self-sustaining life form. I have stated this several times. Apparently, you ignored me every time. Hmmmmmm. Who's neglecting to deny ignorance this time?

Thats not the issue here. Why is it you think murdering innocent children is okay? You are trying to divert the attention away from murder and make it into a religiouse arguement. All I see is your insecurity, maybe guilt?

I'm the one diverting from the subject here? I think you've gone on the last three pages about "murder murder murder" without even having a second thought about anyone else's viewpoints on this. Try closing that open scar under your nose for a few minutes, and listen to other's opinions. Then stop for a moment, and at least CONSIDER what others have to say before entering into yet another cyclical debate. You win nothing that way. There is really nothing more to be said regarding this thread. You have become redundant. Everyone else has stated their opinions. I think this topic is pretty much finished. Perhaps we'll discuss this once you have been able to open your mind, ears, and eyes to other viewpoints. Perhaps in the future, you can also try to be a little less inflammatory, and a little more rational in a debate such as this. We all know this is a topic that can flame up.

I would like to thank everyone who has made mature and valid posts on this topic, and I bid you adieu.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I #ing hate that Goddam choice arguement. NO ONE SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE TO COMMIT MURDER. IT IS MURDER. NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY IT IS MURDER. NOTHING YOU CAN DO OR SAY WILL CHANGE THAT. MURDER IS MURDER NO MATTER HOW SMALL THE PERSON IS.

Yeah this is your opinion, stop treating it like a fact and you might actual take part in a discussion instead of a flame war.

I dont need my religion to tell me that murder of all kind is wrong. Why is it you assume its because im religiouse? Funny how you attack me. Thats not the issue here. Why is it you think murdering innocent children is okay? You are trying to divert the attention away from murder and make it into a religiouse arguement. All I see is your insecurity, maybe guilt?

[edit on 5/3/2005 by Croat56]

Because most people link it to religion, since laws where started based on religion.
She/he doesnt, you are putting words in her/his mouth....
Actually she's bringing another factor in, not tangenting....you want tangenting? I will happily do that for you just give me the word.
You might want to get your eyes checked then.

so what you are saying in essince is. that since people will do this anyway then it should be legal so that they don't have a risk of getting killed themselves?

No I'd say thats your interpretation and opinion which are highly biased.
But isnt everyones

interesting logic. following this logic the spousal killing should be legal. many people do this anyway and it can lead to their deaths as well. also following this logic, drugs like herowin should be handed out for free as it would save the lives of many who get killed because drugs are improperly cut and then cause the useres deaths, and the free part would stop all those killed over money to buy said drugs.

Can I point out they are diffrent circumstances and therefore non aplicable here, if you want to take up that debate here then just say and we will.
Oh and BTW you do relise that if we call this murder then we also drink companies, smokeing companies and mother nature genocidal mass murderers......Just a little thought.

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Whatever this thing is just getting retarded. If you want to go out and murder go ahead. You'll have to answer to the big guy when you get there not me.(uh oh religion uh oh
) Its not my place to judge you. Id just like you to know that you are actually killing something. You cannot deny this. You are killing.

Ahh im done with this thread its full of murderers

Oh and the other thread. I never stated I feel that way, its just a thought I had in health class. Ughh i hated that class.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join