It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Conversation About Abortion you need to read!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
Devilwasp there is a difference between murdering and killing

Depends on your opinion and view point.
You call something a murder, another can call it self defence or survival.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Devilwasp there is a difference between murdering and killing

Depends on your opinion and view point.
You call something a murder, another can call it self defence or survival.

Oh man did you just say that?

An abortion for birth control and convenience is for self defense or survival?

damn I cant believe you said that, but then again wasnt it you who called a fetus a parasite once?

[edit on 28-4-2005 by edsinger]

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Ya how exactly is killing an innocent person who is just unlucky enough to no have been born yet self defence?

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Oh man did you just say that?

I did.

Depends on the situation and the aborters opion and view.

damn I cant believe you said that, but then again wasnt it you who called a fetus a parasite once?

No, but I did mention how it is very similar.

Ya how exactly is killing an innocent person who is just unlucky enough to no have been born yet self defence?

Well as I said before it depends on the situation.

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Depends on the situation and the aborters opion and view.

No, but I did mention how it is very similar.

Well as I said before it depends on the situation.

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

Disclaimer: This is a p.o.v. coming from a woman who is Pro-Choice as well as had an abortion and is not sorry for any decisions she made.

You know devilwasp has several good points. Abortion is legal- whether you approve of it or not. Unless you are a woman, who is forced into making that choice, then I really think you have any right to decide what is appropriate or not.

A fetus is very simliar to a parasite up to approx. 6 months of age. Even with the help of medical science it can not survive on its own until all its organs a develop enough to survive outside of its host. Parasite?Development This is a fact people. Admit it already.

Furthermore, I am about to give an example of survival. I found out that I had cervical cancer and the doctor wanted me to come in to have the cancer removed. When I arrived at the office the doctor put me up in the stirrups and said, "Umm, are you aware that you are pregnant?" I was shocked. I had been taking my birth contol pills regularly and could not understand how it was possible. Well, the doctor could not tell me if my cancer was benign or malignant without removing it for biopsy, and he could not remove the cancer while I was pregnant. So here comes the question of survival: Do I continue the pregnancy and possibly put my own life in danger, or do I abort the child and have the cancer removed? My decision was to have the abortion, and then have the cancer removed. I was very lucky. It was cancer, but it was benign. So was I wrong in choosing my survival? According to people who are Pro-Life that answer would be yes.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadlynightshade
I was very lucky. It was cancer, but it was benign. So was I wrong in choosing my survival? According to people who are Pro-Life that answer would be yes.

As Pro-life as I am, you give one case where at least I could agree that maybe it is 'ethical',

But..

Your case as a % is very small, most are because they either had their legs open or they don't want the child. Birth Control simple as that.

As a compromise I could see cases such as yours being legal, IF and ONLY if we stop the wanton murder for convenience that is 90% of them.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
A parasite? A PARASITE? HOW THE # CAN YOU CALL A HUMAN LIFE A PARASITE? THEY ARE HUMAN BEINGS. SO WHAT IF THEY CANT SURVIVE ON THEIR OWN YET? OF COURSE THEY CANT THEYRE NOT FULLY GROWN YET. EVERY1 NEEDS THOSE 9 MONTHS BEING IN THERE TO GROW. WE MIGHT AS WELL CALL CHILDREN A PARASITE. THEY CANT SURVIVE ON THEIR OWN, THEIR NOT FULLY GROWN. HELL WHY NOT JUST KILL CHILDREN UNDER 10? ITS THE SAME DAM THING.
:fl ame:

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Woah there Croat56, calm down....

Take a step back and look at 'whom' you are dealing with. Can a Human being call another human being a parasite? Especially one that is so innocent.

Well yes they can regrettably, it just goes to show you how bad mankind can get.

Sad, pray for them.....they need it.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   

A parasite? A PARASITE? HOW THE # CAN YOU CALL A HUMAN LIFE A PARASITE? THEY ARE HUMAN BEINGS. SO WHAT IF THEY CANT SURVIVE ON THEIR OWN YET? OF COURSE THEY CANT THEYRE NOT FULLY GROWN YET. EVERY1 NEEDS THOSE 9 MONTHS BEING IN THERE TO GROW. WE MIGHT AS WELL CALL CHILDREN A PARASITE. THEY CANT SURVIVE ON THEIR OWN, THEIR NOT FULLY GROWN. HELL WHY NOT JUST KILL CHILDREN UNDER 10? ITS THE SAME DAM THING.
:fl ame:

Ok I'm going to try and be diplomatic about this ok?

The interpretation of a parasite is correct since it is actually by definition a parasite, the definition of human life is diffrent for everyone and therfore cant be correct or incorrect.

By your definition its a human life, by someone elses It will be a parasite by someone else it will be both.
I hope you understand this.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Woah there Croat56, calm down....

Take a step back and look at 'whom' you are dealing with. Can a Human being call another human being a parasite? Especially one that is so innocent.

With respect ed, I'd prefer you get to know me before you judge, jury and label me.

Well yes they can regrettably, it just goes to show you how bad mankind can get.

Sad, pray for them.....they need it.

I think We'll judge what is "bad" and "good" and if we need praying thank you very much.
BTW ed random question what rank were you?

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwaspBTW ed random question what rank were you?

Judge you ? Not really but I have read enough of your posts to know how you think.

Enlisted, joined at 17.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Judge you ? Not really but I have read enough of your posts to know how you think.

You think you know.....Many people makes mistakes like that.

Enlisted, joined at 17.

Cool, I kinda meant what rank as in CPO or PO.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
NCO - Nuclear

Now of course If they took old farts I would be commissioned.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   

NCO - Nuclear

Now of course If they took old farts I would be commissioned.

Oh ok, cool.
Must of been scary working in a tin can.....thinking about it myself but I duno.
lol, Really modest about ur age huh?

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
THIS IS A PARASITE

THIS IS NOT

BY HAVING AN ABORTION YOU ARE KILLING A BABY NOT A PARASITE. A WOMB IS DESIGNED FOR BABIES. THE HUMAN BODY IS NOT DESIGNED FOR PARASITES.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 03:59 AM
link   

THIS IS A PARASITE

THIS IS NOT

By who's definition?
Ever hear of the nazi's?
They thought jew's where parasites....
The definition of a parasite depends on the person.

BY HAVING AN ABORTION YOU ARE KILLING A BABY NOT A PARASITE. A WOMB IS DESIGNED FOR BABIES. THE HUMAN BODY IS NOT DESIGNED FOR PARASITES.

Your killing a fetus actually, a baby is when the fetus has changed unl;ess your saying babies are created like that in the picutre?
Know what, this is pointless you have your quite zelous opinion and I have mine.
For the record I tried to be diplomatic.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 04:16 AM
link   
This is exactly what is wrong with the human race. No value of life at all. Makes me ashamed to be human sometimes.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   

This is exactly what is wrong with the human race. No value of life at all. Makes me ashamed to be human sometimes.

Still using shock tactics huh?
If we didnt value life then who are these people?

We have respect for life, we value it highly but we value the freedom of choice as well......unless you believe in forceing your views on others?

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
We have respect for life, we value it highly but we value the freedom of choice as well......unless you believe in forceing your views on others?

I dont think any1 should have the choice to commit murder. These pro abortionists are hiding behind the its a choice notion. Its murder. No one should have that choice. Not you not me not ANYONE

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   

I dont think any1 should have the choice to commit murder. These pro abortionists are hiding behind the its a choice notion. Its murder. No one should have that choice. Not you not me not ANYONE

Its only murder if you think it is, your backing away from the issue.
Are you willing to enforce your laws, opinions and beleifs on someone else?
I could call a soldier a murderer , does that mean I should try and force my beliefs on them?
I could call doctors murderers because they sometimes must let a patient die, does that mean I should force my beleifs on them?
No, we have NO right, repeat NO right to define how a person should live.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join