It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Conversation About Abortion you need to read!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I agree and disagree with so many point, but in the end I still think it has to be the choice of the individual woman/couple. I agree men should have a say in the matter, but then again if my husband had had his say I wouldnt have a 5 year old son right now.
On the other side I lived with a woman who had had her tubes tied for ten years and suddenly conceived a baby, she had an abortion, and I can understand why.
My sister conceived a child with her first boyfreind who she was living with when she was 16, having been raised in a sexually irrisponsible enviroment she hadn't been properly educated about birth control, and was already on medication for depression and anxiety, and trying to go to school, not to mention that she was seeing how I was struggling as a young mother with hardly any money and no family support, she also had an abortion, and again I understand why. I don't think that this is an issue that can be looked at and automaticlly condemned without looking at each and every womans case individually, and intimatly, because for most women an abortion is a very intimate, very emotional ordeal to go through, its not a drop of the hat decision. But on the other hand I think that women should be limited A: to the timing of an abortion, after the first trimester it should not be an option, except maybe in a medical emergency, and B: I think that a women should be limited to one abortion, if you don't smarten up after that then you deserve to take care of the results of your stupidity.
I am pro-choice, but I also think that the choice should be limited.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   
so only one death is better than 2?

I can see why you think it was right under any circumstances but it doesn't change the fact of it being senseless killing......

I do think that if one has one that they should be neutered.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Ed,

Our culture , hell human nature is violent and basically primevial. Senseless killing happens everyday and everynight.....

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Exactly and we should try our best to limit it and not make it easy to kill and inconsequential to do so.........it dehumanizes life.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
So you beleive that two deaths would be better than one? Because by doing away with legal safe abortions your sentencing many women who are desperate not to have a child to death. There have always been ways to abort a pregnancy, it has been practiced for ages by midwives and herbologists, but the alternate ways of doing so is dangerous to the woman as well as the fetus. I agree completly that abortions are abused and highly overused , but to do away with it completly isn't practicle.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Exactly and we should try our best to limit it and not make it easy to kill and inconsequential to do so.........it dehumanizes life.

......How can we limit it when we employ millions of "good" people to make weapons to KILL?
WE DEHUMANIZE LIFE.
The only way it stops is with the end of countries..........

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

The only way it stops is with the end of countries..........

What a statement! Says it all..............

Humanist by far...

Why cant we all just get along?

heh funny.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
You know the docter told my mom to get an abortion. There was a chance I might have hurt her or something. I am eternally greatful to my mom for not listening to that horrible docter. I could be dead right now. If this is not enough for any1 to change their views than nothing will.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
You know the docter told my mom to get an abortion. There was a chance I might have hurt her or something. I am eternally greatful to my mom for not listening to that horrible docter. I could be dead right now. If this is not enough for any1 to change their views than nothing will.

Wow, I bet the tulip-walkers in here would rather not talk about that one, I too am glad you mom decided not to murder her child..

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Wow, I bet the tulip-walkers in here would rather not talk about that one, I too am glad you mom decided not to murder her child..

Thanks Ed. Im one of the lucky ones.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I guess no one else cares. Maybe the pro "choice"ers are having second thoughts.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Actually that is a tough one, these women have serious mental issues for years after having one, especially if they have a conscience.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
There is a reason why abortion is so controversial throughout the world; it’s very complicated. I consider myself to be pro-choice, although I do struggle with this at times.

If I were pregnant, I would never have an abortion; to me it’s morally wrong. This is based on my personal (not religious) beliefs. I DO understand where pro-lifers are coming from, yet it’s “black & white” mentality on a very complex issue. I choose to be pro-choice because not everyone sees life the same way I do. Let’s say that abortion is outlawed…realistically do you really think it will stop? I understand the different situations in which a woman may want to terminate her pregnancy, I may not agree with all of them…but I understand. I am responsible for my own body & soul, I will not tell other people what I think they should do.

Bringing the Bible into all of this is laughable, not to mention extremely arrogant. Why don't we ever see Christians advocating that adulterers should be thrown in jail? That's one of the big 10...aren't all sins equal in the eyes of God? How about lying? LOL, everyone's butt would be behind bars. There are so many ways to twist the Bible into one's own agenda...people have been doing it for years...not to mention that the Bible can be interpreted in many ways...oh and lastly that the Bible is full of contradictions! (but that's a whole other thread). My point being "Separation of Church and state" exists for a reason!

You will often see “pro-lifers” who have no problems whatsoever supporting war…even pre-emptive ones. Some people get especially excited practically foaming at the mouth if it's a war against non-Christian nations...say for example oh...I don't know MUSLIMS. Do they not count as human beings? Does the sanctity of life not apply to foreigners? If you are going to cry and scream from the rooftops that you are pro-life, at least be consistent...maybe more people will respect your opinion.

Are soldiers in war who bomb/kill “murderers”? Are people who support war “pro-death”? Lives are always lost during war, even if soldiers are just “taking orders”; everyone is responsible for their own actions.

What about capital punishment? Some equate murder as “killing innocent human lives”, what about the wrongfully convicted? It doesn’t happen often but it DOES happen.

Everyone is different on where they draw the line when it comes to murder. In a perfect world there would be no need for abortions, war or capital punishment…but we are all very aware that’s not the case.

Croat56 My mother could have had an abortion, that would mean I wouldn't be here today either (big whoop)

ETA: Also, if you are going to make a fuss about abortion, please don't even DARE complain about paying taxes for other people's welfare programs! Not to say that anyone in this thread would ever do such a thing

[edit on 4/23/2005 by Lecky]

[edit on 4/23/2005 by Lecky]

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Yo Lecky I hate the death penalty too. Its stupid and wrong. Its the fact that they are murdering thier children that is the wrong part. It would probably still go on if it was outlawed, but at least this way if theyre cought theyll go to jail. As for war, sometimes fighting a war is necessary(not talking about Iraq right now, evan though they should have gotten rid of Saddam years ago). WW2 is a good example, would you rather be speaking German or Japanese right now? Abortion is torture for the baby they rip him/her apart until he/she is dead! It should be illegal cause its MURDER! All murder should be illegal.

Why the hell dont these people just give them up for adoption if they dont want them so badly?

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
But I dont get it, if its ok to kill in war why is it not ok to kill in peace?
If I shoot a man war, I will get a medal....If I shoot a man in peace, I get hung.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwaspBut I dont get it, if its ok to kill in war why is it not ok to kill in peace?If I shoot a man war, I will get a medal....If I shoot a man in peace, I get hung.

And you really cant see the difference?

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 06:05 AM
link   

And you really cant see the difference?

The diffrence is a piece of paper and the type of killing...

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Devilwasp there is a difference between murdering and killing

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Devilwasp there is a difference between murdering and killing

Okay...well if we are going to use that kind of logic. I'll go ahead and say that there's a difference between a murderer and someone who has an abortion.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I am curious, a question to the pro lifers. Supposing, Hitlers parents had had an abortion would that have been ok, or is the sanctity of life above everything ?

For me life doesn't begin until consciencous, before then you are just a group of dividing cells. Therefore it isn't murder or killing etc.

Being adopted I realise that I could have come very close to being aborted myself, but I wouldn't have been a human then.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join