It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latest Fatwa - 'All You Can Eat Buffets Against Islamic Law'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Of you read the context of that verse, YAHUSHUA was refutting the washing of the hands, not saying eat whatever you want.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
To understand better, think about the role of fasting in religion.

Also people, it's "eat as much as you LIKE", not eat as much as you CAN!
edit on 16-3-2014 by DistantThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I know a few of them that are diabetic and they take insulin every day. One day I looked at the bottle and later googled it and found that the insulin they were using was derived from, you got it, pork. I didn't tell them it would break their little hearst.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

stok3th3fir3
reply to post by benrl

Of you read the context of that verse, YAHUSHUA was refutting the washing of the hands, not saying eat whatever you want.

The context of the verses after that passage are what applies here...

Washing hands has little to nothing to do with what goes into the belly...

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DistantThunder

Also people, it's "eat as much as you LIKE", not eat as much as you CAN!

Well, then they need to change their slogan from "all you can eat" to "all you'd like to eat."

It's still a ripoff for those of us who can barely absorb an entire standard restaurant meal. I'm fine with leftovers and doggy-bags though.

edit on 3/16/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

My question to you is, what is the biblical definition of meat? If you think about it, you touch things with your hands all day picking up all kinds of bacteria, which absolutely effects what goes into your belly. Washing your hands is good practice, however doing so in a ritualistic fashion like the TALMUD says is not neccesary. Here Jesus was refuting the washing of hands not saying eat what you want, we can see some evidence in peters dream that there are unclean animals. In the dream Peter states "I have never eaten of anything common or unclean". Well this was Jesus' deciple obviously he would have eaten some of these animals if Jesus cleansed them.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Islam is the worst of all the religions out there; its only aim is to turn human beings into zombies that take orders from a book.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Islam forbids dishonesty in business transactions...whether on the part of the businessman or the customers. That seems to be why the ruling was made against ''all you can eat'' buffets, (the part about pre-determined quantities). I am not sure what an ''all you can eat'' buffet offers in terms of value-for-money. I eat in hotels and eateries that offer a fixed serving size in exchange for a certain amount. So how much would one pay in an ''all you can eat'' buffet in comparison to a fixed serving size? Something tells me the people holding these buffets aren't looking to keep people well fed out of the goodness of their hearts.
edit on 17-3-2014 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   

sk0rpi0n
Islam forbids dishonesty in business transactions...whether on the part of the businessman or the customers. That seems to be why the ruling was made against ''all you can eat'' buffets. I am not sure what an ''all you can eat'' buffet offers in terms of value-for-money. I eat in hotels and eateries that offer a fixed serving size in exchange for a certain amount. So how much would one pay in an ''all you can eat'' buffet in comparison to a fixed serving size? Something tells me the people holding these buffets aren't looking to keep people well fed out of the goodness of their hearts.
Even if ''all you can eat buffets'' are economically fair, it still promotes a culture of gluttony and wastefulness, which Islam prohibits anyway.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   

BuzzyWigs.... Now, if there was a fatwa against wasting/throwing away food, it would make sense....
but this is a strange way to go about it.

Wasting food is also frowed upon in Islam and Muslims are advised not to do so. Individual Muslims are guilty of it from time to time, but I highly doubt Muslims would waste food on a cultural level... Like the food fight ''festivals'' in some presumeably rich European countries. Throwing away tomatoes and other food items for ''fun'' is absolutely revolting considering so many people in Africa are starving, (but some people would rather blame God for it.. not their fellow people who have surplus food and are unwilling to share with the less fortunate.)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   

sk0rpi0n
Islam forbids dishonesty in business transactions...

There is NOTHING dishonest about an 'all you can eat' buffet. That's silly.
You pay $5.00 (or whatever) and you can eat until you are full.
Very simple. Very straight forward.
It's good for business - it brings in new customers and is good advertising.
It's good for the customer - they get a good deal.

The FATWA is absurd .. like most of them are.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   

WhiteAlice
Last I checked, Gluttony was one of the seven cardinal or deadly sins in the Christian faith, in particular, Catholicism. To overeat or to be overly obsessed with eating is a sin as it is associated with selfishness and a preoccupation to the pleasure of the self over the need of others.

Paying a set amount of $5.00 so that you can eat until you are full isn't gluttony. It's just getting a good meal that fills you up for a good price. It's good business practice and it's a good deal for the customer.

Now if someone abuses the system and goes for every meal, every day, and they have a weight of 400 pounds .. THEN you are talking about gluttony. But the vast majority of people don't do that.

So to go and forbid 'all you can eat buffets' because a handful of people might abuse it ... well that's abusrd. It would be like forbidding all vitamins everywhere because some people abuse them .. or forbidding all frosted donuts because some people will eat too many ... or forbidding all wine because some people are alcoholics.

Doesn't make sense .. does it?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   

benrl
I always go with how can eating something damn you to hell, the whole, its not what goes into the mouth but what comes out of, because from the heart the mouth speaks.

It can't. Obviously that 'law' isn't from God.

4,000 years ago, the uneducated peasants didn't know about germs and they didn't know how to properly cook pork. They'd get sick after eating it. So the superstitious peasants decided that God didn't want them eating pork. They said it was God's law.

Same with shellfish. The uneducated peasants didn't understand that many people have shellfish allergies. So when people would eat shellfish, some would get sick due to allergies. The superstitious peasants decided that God didn't want them eating shellfish. They said it was God's law.

NOW ... in the modern world ... we understand about germs and allergies. We know how to cook pork properly. And yet, some of these Abrahamic religions still cling to what the uneducated peasants of 4,000 years ago said ... and they actually buy into the 'it's God's law' thing instead of using their common sense.

Well ... it's their choice. They don't want bacon ... then all the more for the rest of us.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I used to go to a place called Mr Woo's in Leicester square in London when I lived there, I used to just eat his starters and the lovely Mr Woo used to get me a big bag of starters to take home with me for later.
I loved his place and loved dear ole Mr Woo
I agree it is very silly of the dude in the OP to suggest this...another example of religious Priests etc trying to make more rules because they can.
He is an idiot and I hope people see through this and stone him to death (lol not really jk) or at least just don't listen to his bleating # stained drivel.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   

boymonkey74
.another example of religious Priests etc trying to make more rules because they can.

A power thing. 'Listen to me because I speak for God' ....
I think a lot of these people have no clue Who God really is.
A little common sense would go a long way.
Unfortunately ... common sense is in short supply these days.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
As a vegan there is nothing like a good Indian buffet. I wish I was at one right now, typing this on my pad...and maybe I am! Whoops, gotta go, they brought some new trays out.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

So my wife just introduced me to this bacon "recipe"

You take brown sugar, and you smother THICK cut bacon with it.

Put in the oven...

My mouth is already drooling just typing that.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

OH MAN. I wish I could have that! (I had to get off sugar 4 years ago). That sounds awesome.
For lunch today I had 4 strips of bacon with my regular food.
All this talk about bacon on this thread made me have to have some.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Good thing,

Don't tempt caramelized candy bacon lightly,

Like heroin you may never quit.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Gotta defend our right to eat all we can eat......right?

And if you don't think that such places encourage 'gluttony', I suggest that the next time you visit one take note at the size of the patrons stomachs and backsides...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join