It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latest Fatwa - 'All You Can Eat Buffets Against Islamic Law'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Who said to follow blindly? Not me. Jesus was not a "decent" person, he was PERFECT. He would not be upset by being called the son of YAHUWAH, he even calls YOU a son of YAHUWAH. My people PARISH for lack of knowledge. Yeah, that definitely means to be blind.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Well, I understand that pork is diseased but these people will just say any of that can be cooked out, thats why I went with clogged arteries. These are those who read the bible on a very surface level, with no understanding. I don't celebrate christmas either, PAGANISM is prohibeted by GOD.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by stok3th3fir3

Once again you attack the very GOD that Jesus prayed to... hmmmmmm. You are bassically saying "I believe in Jesus, but not the FATHER." Well Jesus prayed to the FATHER and COMMANDED you to do the same.

The Father of creation, HIS Father... is not the same so called god in the OT...

Of course you won't do that, because you hate him, well by association you also hate the messiah who was sent by the OT GOD YAHUWAH. I AM THAT I AM is the one and only GOD.

It seems to me the only hate flying around here is coming from you...

You've been taught they are the same God because the OT and the gospels are in the same book... which means you're simply not looking close enough at what Jesus actually said...

Sorry you don't want to believe in him but you believe in his son, who was filled with the very spirit you hate.

Don't be sorry for me... Judge me if you will...

but read your own words carefully...

I'm sorry but you are divided in two, meaning you are confused, just like you like to say about me.

Well lets see... I use 4 books...5 if you count Thomas... you use 60+

Who's more likely to get confused here?

Btw Akragon Jesus followed the very rules that you condemn, so ignore that fact all you want it doesn't matter what you believe, Jesus said to follow after him, you refuse to do soBtw Akragon Jesus followed the very rules that you condemn, so ignore that fact all you want it doesn't matter what you believe, Jesus said to follow after him, you refuse to do so

Did he now...

I think you should take a closer look at the gospels brother...

edit on 17-3-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

You and I have a different view of what is perfect.

skepticsannotatedbible.com...

TBH he is a right twat sometimes.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Sorry but the GOD of Moses is the same GOD that Jesus prayed to. Do some research. You think less is better but those other 54-55 books that you throw out give a greater understanding of GOD. They actually help to understand these 4 and 5 books, and that explains why you don't know who GOD is. Its like reading the last 4 chapters of a book and trying to explain who the main character is. You don't have the whole picture, and that is a problem. This is why you don't know GOD. I don't say these things out of hate, as you imply, I do not want you to be told depart from me I never knew you, thats all.
edit on 17-3-2014 by stok3th3fir3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

stok3th3fir3
reply to post by Akragon

Sorry but the GOD of Moses is the same GOD that Jesus prayed to. Do some research.

Nope he/she/it is not...

Take your own advice...

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I'm an atheist if you didn't note from my first post on this thread. My respect for the intellect of our forebears has nothing to do with deities, obviously, lol. In fact, in my opinion, it's quite obvious that man wrote the bible and created every legend and mythology on this earth--not gods. If I thought any different, I wouldn't be an atheist.

However, I also view that many of the edicts within the various religions are based on observations indicating cause and effect over time to basically create a "best practices" for living. Of course, many of them are absolutely repugnant and barbaric by today's standards such as Deuteronomy 21:18-21. Another disturbing one would be Deuteronomy on the subject of rape. I don't know what's worse--crying rape in a city and potentially not being heard resulting in stoning or being forced to marry your rapist if unbetrothed. Yeah...

Laws in daily life for a very long time were spiritual or religious in nature. Even the Code of Hammurabi had references to Marduk within it. I think it's an early example of a kind of "divine right". Basically, don't do this or not do that because I say so but because "god" says so. Adds a little more finality and oomph to it. And just because in today's world we generally take god out of the equation, some laws and behaviors are still traceable back to far older origins. Thou shalt not kill and etc.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

boymonkey74

You and I have a different view of what is perfect.

skepticsannotatedbible.com...

TBH he is a right twat sometimes.

Please specify.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   

WhiteAlice
many of the edicts within the various religions are based on observations indicating cause and effect over time to basically create a "best practices" for living.

Exactly. That's where the 'do not eat pork' and 'do not eat shellfish' thing came from. GOD didn't command it. It was just people observing what happened when they ate the food, and then interjecting their own religious beliefs onto the situation. They'd claim 'God's Law' ... but in reality it was just poor culinary skills with the pork and natural allergies to shellfish.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Read the above post that I responded to. You are complicating something that is very simple. If you look closely ... we agree. GOD wasn't involved at all in the laws. It was just observation of what was going on and then an interjection of religion by the uneducated peasants.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You don't KNOW that you just THINK you do. That is an assumption and you are stating it as fact. Assumptions are not FACT, you don't know where the instructions come from, you simply claim that you do.
edit on 18-3-2014 by stok3th3fir3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

stok3th3fir3
You don't KNOW that you just THINK you do.

No. I KNOW it. It's called COMMON SENSE. God doesn't give a rats backend if a person eats pork or shellfish. That's got nothing to do with a persons soul. OBVIOUSLY the uneducated peasants from 4,000 years ago interjected their own superstitious beliefs into day to day life when they said that God was angry about them eating pigs when in fact it was just a case of them not cooking the meat correctly. DUH!

I suppose you think that thunder is Gods 'angry voice' too, right?

edit on 3/18/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

FlyersFan

WhiteAlice
many of the edicts within the various religions are based on observations indicating cause and effect over time to basically create a "best practices" for living.

Exactly. That's where the 'do not eat pork' and 'do not eat shellfish' thing came from. GOD didn't command it. It was just people observing what happened when they ate the food, and then interjecting their own religious beliefs onto the situation. They'd claim 'God's Law' ... but in reality it was just poor culinary skills with the pork and natural allergies to shellfish.

That's what I was saying previously. However, it was not just poor culinary skills. They did not have the thermometers and temperature controlled ovens that we do today. Theoretically, considering how they were cooking, they had more skills but still lacked the uniform heating of the modern oven.

The shellfish ban also had its probable cause outside of allergies. Shellfish are different from fish in that they are more likely to trap in natural toxins from sea waters as they filter waters through them to eat phytoplankton and some phytoplankton (ie dinoflagellates) produce some very dangerous neurotoxins. Some of those neurotoxins do not lose their punch from cooking at all so they could cook them all day and the shellfish would still be poisonous. Because shellfish act like filters, they are also known to contain organic arsenic (less toxic than inorganic) and mercury. Most people don't have to worry about such things (though everybody should worry about dinoflagellate neurotoxins) but it does pose risks to an unborn child and young children. Hence why there's a debate to this day on the subject of pregnant women eating shellfish and why the FDA has limits on how much shellfish both pregnant women and children should eat and what kinds.

So again, like the whole pork thing, FDA has been at work on the shellfish thing as well. They weren't dumb to block the consumption of these foods and considering that they didn't have microscopes and full labs, they did pretty good. There's a few references that are within the bible that probably refer to the work of red tides. The whole "waters turned into blood and all the fish died" are likely talking about red tides. The bible attributes it to acts of God (or Moses, technically) but it's actually a natural event.

Leadership is leadership. To this day we have spiritual leaders that advise many on how to behave and what to do or not do. What is the pope or the local church minister? Unless the world turned into a bunch of atheists overnight, things haven't changed that much.
edit on 18/3/14 by WhiteAlice because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

... FlyersFan....
No. I KNOW it. It's called COMMON SENSE..... OBVIOUSLY the uneducated peasants
No. Its called ''conjecture'' and ''stating opinions on as to what you think may have happened 4000 years ago''. That said those who wish to stuff their faces with pork can go right ahead.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
@ WhiteAlice.... theres more to these dietary laws than cooking procedures and skills. The laws forbidding pig meat, blood, meat with blood in it, meat of dead animals, meat of animals strangled, meat torn from living creatures etc. Were all intended to set the Israelites and Muslims apart from their pagan neighbours, who did things according to their whims and fancies. Even if its possible to safely cook pig, the pig is still a dirty animal. As for the others listed above, they were aimed to curb animal cruelty and remind man of the sanctity of blood.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

i see you edited you post, so I suppose I should give you a better reply

You think less is better but those other 54-55 books that you throw out give a greater understanding of GOD.

How exactly do you think I came to my conclusions about those books?

By reading them over and over again, comparing them with the words of Jesus.... so you're correct, they do give you a greater understanding on who God is... and the OT is not of God. There are hints of God in the OT mostly found in prophecy or Psalms...

They actually help to understand these 4 and 5 books, and that explains why you don't know who GOD is.

Actually it explains why I understand who God is... and who he is NOT

Its like reading the last 4 chapters of a book and trying to explain who the main character is.

Perhaps, IF the case here was that I've never read the books of the OT... but that isn't the case, I've read them all many times...

You don't have the whole picture, and that is a problem. This is why you don't know GOD.

No I have the whole picture...

You keep saying I don't know God, Yet for some reason God has been working in my life for about 7-8 years now... Are you saying im under the influence of a demon... or better yet Satan?

Or perhaps its that I don't agree with your particular flavor of Christianity... and so because I disagree with your position I can't possibly know God...

Heres a tip... God isn't Christian, or muslim, or hindu... Nor does he have a religion or play favorites with those who believe in said religions

Christianity helps YOU understand God from your perspective of it, and what you've been taught... I understand God from what I've learned in my studies... which aren't limited to "the bible"

I don't say these things out of hate, as you imply, I do not want you to be told depart from me I never knew you, thats all.

And here comes the assumptions... DO you even know who he was talking about when Jesus made that statement?

IF you knew me In real life, you would not make such assumptions brother...

Check yourself

edit on 18-3-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

sk0rpi0n
Its called ''conjecture'' and ''stating opinions on as to what you think may have happened 4000 years ago''.

It's called COMMON SENSE. And it's very obvious what happened. Suggestion .. take a college class. This is basic stuff. Primitive man blaming "God' or 'Gods" for common every day occurrences. Thunder becomes God or Gods being angry instead of it being a natural weather occurrence. Interjecting their own superstitions onto events.

What is sad is that some modern humans still think it was God telling those primitive men that He'd get ticked and send them to hell if they ate pork. People need to evolve.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

You're wrong. The Quran expressly forbids the eating of "meat from animals that die of themselves, blood, the meat of swine (porcine animals, pigs) and animals dedicated to other than Allah".

en.wikipedia.org...

Nice try as using Jewish and Islamic dietary laws as a vehicle of hate. Too bad it falls flat in the face of the Quran. The three religions share the same origins as Abrahamic religions but where they fundamentally differ is the view of prophets and messiahs. In Christianity, Jesus was the messiah. In Islam, Jesus was a favored prophet as was Mohammed who predated Jesus and is its founder. In Judaism, neither Mohammed or Jesus were divine, messiahs or prophets.

Here's a couple sites that compares the three religions beliefs/differences:
christianityinview.com...
www.religionfacts.com...

This is one of the reasons why I'm an atheist. Really, religious adherents of all three are basically worshiping the same god and have been killing each other for centuries and for what? Ideological differences? That's kind of stupid because they're all worshiping the same god.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Are you sure about that?

Jesus said all that came before me were thieves and robbers... and gave many indications that no one knew the true God before he came...

At least not according to the OT...

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Prezbo369

Prezbo369
Gotta defend our right to eat all we can eat......right?

And if you don't think that such places encourage 'gluttony', I suggest that the next time you visit one take note at the size of the patrons stomachs and backsides...

I was in a "China Buffet" restaurant a couple months ago, visiting a friend studying at university (and thus on a budget, but he still wanted to treat me to a meal, and remembered I liked chinese cuisine), and at $7 a meal, it was pretty enticing, and you could see that all the other patrons thought so too. I think me and my friend were almost the only people there with a waistline less than 40 inches, and it was with horrifying fascination that I watched people literally jiggling back and forth and back and forth from their table to the buffet.

I'm not trying to be superior or anything, but I'm thankful I'm not so much a fan of american chinese food. A little moderation isn't such a bad idea. While a fatwa is in no way legally binding (or really anything more than a religious opinion of 1 person), maybe this cleric isn't as goofy and ignorant as some would like him to appear.

edit on 18-3-2014 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join