It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latest Fatwa - 'All You Can Eat Buffets Against Islamic Law'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Those kind of lines are pretty much the origin of ideological differences. Each group basically saying that the other is wrong. For Islam, they view Jesus as a prophet but that Christians have got it wrong. Christians think that both Judaism and Islam is wrong. Judaism thinks that Islam and Christians are wrong. I'd much rather see people respect the common origins as well as the differences than continuing to kill and spewing hate at each other.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

WhiteAlice
reply to post by Akragon

Those kind of lines are pretty much the origin of ideological differences. Each group basically saying that the other is wrong. For Islam, they view Jesus as a prophet but that Christians have got it wrong. Christians think that both Judaism and Islam is wrong. Judaism thinks that Islam and Christians are wrong. I'd much rather see people respect the common origins as well as the differences than continuing to kill and spewing hate at each other.

Fair enough... Now I don't know exactly how much of the bible you've read...

But I must ask, have you read the gospels?

Have you read what Jesus actually said while he was alive?

This is what makes him special, and he is the bench mark as to who understands what in all three of those religions...

It doesn't matter IF Jesus was a prophet, or the messiah, or God in the flesh... the fact is HIS words change peoples lives...

Jews reject Jesus yet accept the people written about in the OT, even though many of them were killers, and warmongers...

Muslims call him a prophet, yet don't follow said prophets rules...

And Christians (not all but most) prefer to condemn others that disagree with their theology, then to preach and practice the love Jesus spoke of...

My favorite quote: IF you're using the bible to hurt people, You're using it WRONG

Would you agree with that?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I've actually read the bible 5 times, iirc, and have a copy of my grandmother's own bible in my home. I've also undergone Catechism and adult bible study via the Catholic church as part of my 3 for 1 special (baptism, 1st communion, catechism) as an adult. Kind of funny that you'd question that since I'm the only one on this thread, iirc, that has actually cited passages from the bible, itself. I'm actually surprised that the Catholic church even baptized me, to be honest, because I was pretty much the heretic in every Wednesday night meeting. The priest in charge did ask me one time why I was even getting baptized and I replied "soul insurance in case I'm wrong". He thought that was hilarious. And just to be really specific, I've also read many of the Gnostic texts among other apocrypha. It's all very interesting to me.

I broke from all churches and religion due to what I see as hate filled behavior on all sides by their adherents. I totally agree that if one is using any of the scriptures from any faith to hurt another, then it's being done all wrong. No other books on this planet are as soaked with blood as these texts. It grieves me.

Love thy neighbor and all that.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

COMMON SENSE is only relative to what is common, today stupidity is common.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Akragon
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Are you sure about that?

Jesus said all that came before me were thieves and robbers... and gave many indications that no one knew the true God before he came...

At least not according to the OT...

Where does he say no one knew GOD? Please quote that scripture.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

No jews accept talmud not torah. They do reject Jesus and I do not agree with that. They reject Jesus because they believe in talmud not torah or the prophets. They would rather believe rabbis than Jesus. Rabbis than torah.
edit on 18-3-2014 by stok3th3fir3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Were all intended to set the Israelites and Muslims apart from their pagan neighbours, who did things according to their whims and fancies.

What?
That sounds like a load of fiction!

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Did you somehow miss the fact that Jesus quotes the very books that you throw out? He also says not ONE tiny litterary mark shall pass from the torah or the prophets till heaven and earth pass away. So you say people don't follow his words, but you do the same. GOD ABSOLUTELY DOES CARE IF YOU ARE HINDU. They worship idols, I will not. GOD wants us to be set aside, different from PAGANS, and has given us instruction on how to do so. If you call me hatefull, thats fine, I really don't care what you think of me. I CANNOT CONDEMN YOU TO ANYTHING, I AM NOT GOD. I CANNOT JUDGE YOU TO ANYWHERE THAT IS GODS PLACE.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by stok3th3fir3

GOD ABSOLUTELY DOES CARE IF YOU ARE HINDU. They worship idols, I will not. GOD wants us to be set aside, different from PAGANS, and has given us instruction on how to do so.

Wow, this is very strong rhetoric and dogma. (I don't believe or think that "GOD" is a person, or has cares/opinions/wants/emotions.)
Who is "us" that are to be set aside? Pagans are some of the nicest people ever; you're missing out.

What is the instruction? The Bible?

edit on 3/18/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

stok3th3fir3
reply to post by Akragon

Did you somehow miss the fact that Jesus quotes the very books that you throw out? He also says not ONE tiny litterary mark shall pass from the torah or the prophets till heaven and earth pass away. So you say people don't follow his words, but you do the same. GOD ABSOLUTELY DOES CARE IF YOU ARE HINDU. They worship idols, I will not. GOD wants us to be set aside, different from PAGANS, and has given us instruction on how to do so. If you call me hatefull, thats fine, I really don't care what you think of me. I CANNOT CONDEMN YOU TO ANYTHING, I AM NOT GOD. I CANNOT JUDGE YOU TO ANYWHERE THAT IS GODS PLACE.

You do, of course, understand that the Hindu religion is, in fact, different from yours and has its own deities and rules? While your deity may have a problem with idol worship, their gods apparently do not. Which god is correct? Who are you to judge the validity of another's god? Because your god said so? Did he come down to directly tell you that he was the absolutely correct god?

You don't have to accept another's beliefs as your own but surely you could be more respectful of your neighbors on this planet whose beliefs may differ from yours. If they are doing no intentional harm in the practice of their beliefs, then what is the harm to you? Love thy neighbor, remember?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

Before the son there was no one to reveal the true God...

John 5 states "No man has ever seen God

And John 1 says the same thing...

No jews accept talmud not torah. They do reject Jesus and I do not agree with that. They reject Jesus because they believe in talmud not torah or the prophets. They would rather believe rabbis than Jesus. Rabbis than torah.

You really have no idea what you're talking about do you....

Did you somehow miss the fact that Jesus quotes the very books that you throw out?

he used the OT because it was the only scripture around at the time.... he had to relate to people, and he barely quoted it... Most quotes are sparse or only bits and pieces of passages in the OT

He also says not ONE tiny litterary mark shall pass from the torah or the prophets till heaven and earth pass away.

He didn't say that... He said not one jot or tittle will pass from the law, and the law he was talking about was the law of Love, not the laws of Moses

So you say people don't follow his words, but you do the same. GOD ABSOLUTELY DOES CARE IF YOU ARE HINDU. They worship idols, I will not. GOD wants us to be set aside, different from PAGANS, and has given us instruction on how to do so. If you call me hatefull, thats fine, I really don't care what you think of me. I CANNOT CONDEMN YOU TO ANYTHING, I AM NOT GOD. I CANNOT JUDGE YOU TO ANYWHERE THAT IS GODS PLACE.

IF you say so brother... believe whatever floats your boat

I don't need to call you hateful, your colours have been shining through for a few pages now...

Judge me, judge hindu's and muslims however you wish... Doesn't matter in the least to me...

Its your burden not mine...

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by BuzzyWigs

I have friends who do things I don't agree with. Some worship idols others lay together with the same sex, I point these out as wrong to them too. Again, not out of hate but love. We are all sinners, me included, but we can change, and it is 1 GOD alone who does it. My question is does the law of 3 stop you from harming others or at least make you think of the consequence to your actions?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   

WhiteAlice...You're wrong. The Quran expressly forbids the eating of "meat from animals that die of themselves, blood, the meat of swine (porcine animals, pigs) and animals dedicated to other than Allah"
Thats what I pretty much said. Dead meat = animals that die of themselves. I mentioned all of them except meat dedicated to other deities....and also some other dietary laws from other sources in Abrahamic religion.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   

WhiteAlice.... The three religions share the same origins as Abrahamic religions but where they fundamentally differ is the view of prophets and messiahs. In Christianity, Jesus was the messiah. In Islam, Jesus was a favored prophet as was Mohammed who predated Jesus and is its founder. In Judaism, neither Mohammed or Jesus were divine, messiahs or prophets.

Here's a couple sites that compares the three religions beliefs/differences:
christianityinview.com...
www.religionfacts.com...

I know. Thats basic stuff. and it is beyond the scope of this thread. Except Jesus in Islam is more than a prophet. He is the ''Messiah'',(but don't expect Christians to admit it openly).

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   

sk0rpi0n

WhiteAlice...You're wrong. The Quran expressly forbids the eating of "meat from animals that die of themselves, blood, the meat of swine (porcine animals, pigs) and animals dedicated to other than Allah"
Thats what I pretty much said. Dead meat = animals that die of themselves. I mentioned all of them except meat dedicated to other deities....and also some other dietary laws from other sources in Abrahamic religion.

Your phrasing was this:

sk0rpi0n Were all intended to set the Israelites and Muslims apart from their pagan neighbours, who did things according to their whims and fancies.

Your wording allowed for misinterpretation. The way it's phrased it reads as if it were to set the two groups--Israelites and Muslims--apart...from each other (viewing the other as pagan). Glad we actually agree then because I honestly thought you'd lost your everloving mind, lol.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

My question is does the law of 3 stop you from harming others or at least make you think of the consequence to your actions?

Yes, of course. It's the Golden Rule x 3. Kama. Poetic justice. No god required; just compassion. What's that got to do with this fatwa?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Akragon

27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.( no man can know the son eithout knowing the father and no man can know the father without knowing the son, that is what this says, read it again.)
Before the son there was no one to reveal the true God...
(They are one and the same just reference the very verse you just quoted. Or how about "In the beggining was the word and the word was GOD and the word was with GOD." JESUS always was and always will be.)
John 5 states "No man has ever seen God
(Once again do you have to SEE GOD to hear his voice? No you don't.)
And John 1 says the same thing...

You really have no idea what you're talking about do you....
(You judging me? Are you assuming? Yes. If I do this, it's wrong, if you do it it's okay?)

Did you somehow miss the fact that Jesus quotes the very books that you throw out?

he used the OT because it was the only scripture around at the time.... he had to relate to people, and he barely quoted it... Most quotes are sparse or only bits and pieces of passages in the OT
(Is TORAH older than all other ancient text? No. Do you hear JESUS quote any other scripture, but TORAH and the PROPHETS? No. But of course you say it's okay to be a hindu, why doesn't Jesus quote them then? Why is it TORAH and only TORAH?)

He also says not ONE tiny litterary mark shall pass from the torah or the prophets till heaven and earth pass away.

He didn't say that... He said not one jot or tittle will pass from the law, and the law he was talking about was the law of Love, not the laws of Moses( a jot and tittle are not even leters they are . And ' above a hebrew letter, the law and the prophets refers to books)

So you say people don't follow his words, but you do the same. GOD ABSOLUTELY DOES CARE IF YOU ARE HINDU. They worship idols, I will not. GOD wants us to be set aside, different from PAGANS, and has given us instruction on how to do so. If you call me hatefull, thats fine, I really don't care what you think of me. I CANNOT CONDEMN YOU TO ANYTHING, I AM NOT GOD. I CANNOT JUDGE YOU TO ANYWHERE THAT IS GODS PLACE.

IF you say so brother... believe whatever floats your boat

I don't need to call you hateful, your colours have been shining through for a few pages now...

Judge me, judge hindu's and muslims however you wish... Doesn't matter in the least to me...

Its your burden not mine...

Again all that I can do is warn people, prophets did the same, warning and teaching, I suppose you think they were hatefull as well? They said much worse than I have said, and again if I hated you, I wouldn't tell you anything of the truth. For instance, I might say things like do whatever it is that you like because GOD doesn't care what you do or who you worship. In truth, I do love you, this is the only reason that I speak with you. I have been a seeker most of my life, AK, I have been in practice of many paths trying to find truth, I found that they were empty. As a believer I have visions and dream dreams, and you have weighed heavy on my heart. I have left this site 2 times, but YAH has sent me back to you. You are my brother, I do see GOODNESS in you, you definately have a light as we all do, but YAH the FATHER is a GOD of obedience. You have forgotten that, and stepped away. I AM has sent me to you, AK, if you think I'm hatefull, then so be it, it is not about gratification, but love. JESUS corrected others, telling the scribes and pharisees they were as an empty bag of bones, there is nothing wrong with teaching obedience, JESUS did. If you allow others to do what they will and teach them to do so, then you have brought them into death, saying it's ok GOD doesn't care. Depart from me you workers of LAWLESSNESS, is absolutely what JESUS was talking about.
edit on 19-3-2014 by stok3th3fir3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Why not admit it openly? It's true, JESUS is the messiah, we aren't all liars.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Again all that I can do is warn people, prophets did the same, warning and teaching, I suppose you think they were hatefull as well? They said much worse than I have said, and again if I hated you, I wouldn't tell you anything of the truth. For instance, I might say things like do whatever it is that you like because GOD doesn't care what you do or who you worship. In truth, I do love you, this is the only reason that I speak with you. I have been a seeker most of my life, AK, I have been in practice of many paths trying to find truth, I found that they were empty. As a believer I have visions and dream dreams, and you have weighed heavy on my heart. I have left this site 2 times, but YAH has sent me back to you. You are my brother, I do see GOODNESS in you, you definately have a light as we all do, but YAH the FATHER is a GOD of obedience. You have forgotten that, and stepped away. I AM has sent me to you, AK, if you think I'm hatefull, then so be it, it is not about gratification, but love. JESUS corrected others, telling the scribes and pharisees they were as an empty bag of bones, there is nothing wrong with teaching obedience, JESUS did. If you allow others to do what they will and teach them to do so, then you have brought them into death, saying it's ok GOD doesn't care. Depart from me you workers of LAWLESSNESS, is absolutely what JESUS was talking about.

Hate to tell you brother, but I haven't forgotten anything... nor have I stepped away from the true God

Love God, and love thy neighbour as thy self... all the law and the prophets hang on these two laws.

And God isn't in a book either, but the words he taught to his son can be found in the gospels.

Nothing you can say can convince me that the so called god of the OT is the same as the Father... This god proves himself to be jealous, envious, wrathful... and a rather pathetic tyrant hell bent on destroying peace, and its still working to this day

IF you want to find the path you seek, focus on the words of Jesus.... not the words of a false God

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

The fact remains that you say "no man has known the father" but the only scripture you quote says no man has SEEN the father. Now that does not mean no man has known him, it just means what it says. Stop twisting scripture.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join