It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russians Already Quietly Pulled Their Money From The West

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

This will force Russia, China (Maybe B.R.I.C. as a whole) to get rid of the dollar as the reserve currency for oil, the last thing that's propping the dollar up....then BOOM, US collapse!!!!

Of course that's assuming they will target the dollar directly. And they actually just said they would do that. This time from someone who matters.

Alexey Ulyukaev, Russia’s Minister of Economic Development and former Deputy Chairman of the Central Bank, Ulyukaev is part of Dmitry Medvedev’s Cabinet. He told Rossia-24 news channel about possible retaliatory measures if Washington adds economic sanctions to the political sanctions. Moscow wouldn’t worry too much about political sanctions, he said, but if Washington tries to hurt Russia’s economy, Moscow would retaliate by targeting the US dollar. Link

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

well there you go...

political and economic sanctions against russia = political and economic suicide

bunch of jump the gun idiots..... oh well

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I guess I don't see it.

Russia could reacquire all of Ukraine and the West would most likely do little but posture. Do we really see NATO stepping in militarily? The same goes on the financial front.

As soon as Russian made the opening gambit in Crimea, they knew they had it in the bag. I honestly feel Russian is more concerned about occupation hazards (see Chechnya) than anything the West has to offer.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Yusomad

I remember when the health care crap was trying to get passed in the US. So many new posters saying how great it would be and then vanishing like a fart in the wind from ATS after it passed.

Members can make up there own minds but I believe we are seeing a government run propaganda push on ATS and other outlets. So many new pro-russia posters......if it walks like a duck........It is hard to tell who is passionate or who is payed off.
edit on 16-3-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

Members can make up there own minds but I believe we are seeing a government run propaganda push on ATS and other outlets. So many new pro-russia posters......if it walks like a duck........It is hard to tell who is passionate or who is payed off.

Normally I don't rise to these types of statements but in honor of the new "Shill Hysteria" tread today today I will.

There has been no shill activity on this thread that I can see. There aren't any "Putin is Great!" people posting either. There are facts involved in the premise of this thread which are pointed out and some posters agree, some don't. The Putin cheerleaders are not present.

Rather that claiming "Shill" why not simply discuss the financial ramifications of the topic? Or is that too obvious of a question?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Interesting perspective. My thinking is it will be just Crimea, but you may have a point in your thinking, enough for me to watch and wait. Going into the rest of Ukraine is overstepping, and he knows it...
edit on 16-3-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The biggest reason I can see Putin having over the US in a strategic sense is that the neocons are calling the shots despite being advised by some good people .How they have survived this far is a mystery ...

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
This thread is full of death to the Westerners types

All literally having an orgasum over Russia moving some money thinking its will change anything

Global Economy anyone?

Be assured if the US falls the world goes down the pan with it...

If it does then... happy WWIII people

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TritonTaranis

All literally having an orgasum over Russia moving some money thinking its will change anything Global Economy anyone?

While quite descriptive I believe you are incorrect. Folks in this thread are merely commenting on the what the Russians are doing financially in regard to the US demands for "righteous sanctions" against someone who doesn't go along with their plan of globalist world domination.

As far as WW3 I doubt it. The globalists, multinational corporate types and vampire central bankers are cowards. They want others to fight their dirty wars and have no stomach for facing anyone on equal footing.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

ABNARTY
I guess I don't see it.

Russia could reacquire all of Ukraine and the West would most likely do little but posture. Do we really see NATO stepping in militarily? The same goes on the financial front.

As soon as Russian made the opening gambit in Crimea, they knew they had it in the bag. I honestly feel Russian is more concerned about occupation hazards (see Chechnya) than anything the West has to offer.

Considering NATO has stated publicly, go no further than Crimea a week or so ago, I'd say that's a warning to Putin what it may trigger should he over step the mark, I'm sure he won't he'll be over stepping the mark for sure

I'm fairly certain along with anybody who knows a thing or two about military history and global firepower that Russia will be crushed by a full strength NATO should it try to.. not without big losses, but I genuinely done think Russia Is that stupid

Russia will settle for Crimea and the west will allow Russia to have it while declaring an unrestricted financial war, The Crimea's income will Likely take over half a century to make up for the losses of gaining it In The first place, in the end the world will be tuned upside down because of Putins actions

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Bassago

All literally having an orgasum over Russia moving some money thinking its will change anything Global Economy anyone?

While quite descriptive I believe you are incorrect. Folks in this thread are merely commenting on the what the Russians are doing financially in regard to the US demands for "righteous sanctions" against someone who doesn't go along with their plan of globalist world domination.

As far as WW3 I doubt it. The globalists, multinational corporate types and vampire central bankers are cowards. They want others to fight their dirty wars and have no stomach for facing anyone on equal footing.

Respectfully disagree

Are you under the impression Russia doesn't have similar bankers just not on the same level?

Either way much of Russia's infrastructure and company's are state owned so I wouldn't worry about western bankers to much she. Much of putins mafia run it all, if you hate western globalises you won't like the ones trying to rise out of Russia and China trying g to challenge western dominance much lol

Refrain to the history books... When one empire falls another empire rises... And do much of the same thing

Clearly your quite naive, hate the system by all means, but don't be as stupid to believe Russia is any different my friend instead try to change the one we have..

In Regards to WWIII I don't think we're close to it at the minute, perhaps when the global economy goes bang well see it along with our demise shortly after

And yes you're contributing to that along with your buddy's by trying to burn it all down

edit on 16-3-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Pepe Escobar has his latest piece in the Ukraine situation .www.atimes.com... "Crimea - historically, culturally, sentimentally - is Russian, conquered by Catherine the Great from the Ottomans in 1783. Sevastopol was founded by Catherine. If a swing band would play a version of I Left My Heart in Sevastopol, all hearts involved would be Russian. ".....I like his style of writing .... "Yet those eminent Western practitioners of state idolatry have ruled that the population of Crimea has no right to conduct a referendum to decide its future - be it rejoining Russia or remaining in Ukraine with a huge degree of autonomy, according to the 1992 constitution. The eminences could not possibly admit that does not suit their geopolitical power play."

"South Sudan's independence was obsessively fought for by Washington - helped by Hollywood clones of the Clooney variety. The pretext was to correct an arbitrary colonial carving. So that applies to Sudan, but it does not apply to Crimea"...........".Thomas Jefferson's "insurgents" had the right to rebel against the British, but Crimeans cannot rebel against what most view as an illegal, fascist-laden, putschist regime in Kiev."......." These few examples - Iraq in itself would be worth zillions of bytes - show there are no "international law" or universal values. Only when the Empire says so."........these are just snipe's ... "Would the Khaganate of Nulands gang in Washington have the balls to force Obama to sanction "communist China" because they illegally occupy Tibet and Xinjiang, without the consent of their original Tibetan and Uighur inhabitants, which will never be offered even the dream of a referendum?"............The crazies in Washington are creating and have created this situation ..anything that follows from their actions will be their doing ....peace

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

The problem here is it was all done illegally...

The problem here is it was done in a man or in which nazi Germany annexed country's

This is setting of huge alarm bells in the world and going against the laws laid down post WWII

These are the problems...

While I don't dispute and I'm sure others don't either, is the Crimea was Russian. But It was also part of Ukraine prior to Russian invasion that took place during a crisis, not respecting Ukraine sovereign integrity and placing troops on foreign soil to begin illegal ballots

I totally respect the right to self determination and under UN law everybody has that right, and so they should

But this ballot should have been carried out by the Ukrainian government after Oder had been restored after all we're not living In the 1930s anymore, and if Russia had any doubts about there choices why would she invade and break international laws?

The fact is because of this the ballot can neither be trusted nor respected

But I hardly think it's worth a recount and I'd suspect the international community would find it worthwhile Hence the decision on punishment in the form of sanctions

Problem now being a financial war will see the global economy collapse making another World War all the more Linley "again"

Also the second part of your post... It seem you're another one who seems to think because the US I piping up In support of Ukraine and on behalf of the western world and much of the international community, that means you can apply everything the US has done wrong in The world to date to smear the cries coming from the Ukrainian government and it's people, the fact is the majority of Ukraine support western ties, specifically EU, and a very small minority down south support a return to Russia control,

So if that's what you support then fair enough, each to there own, but that's is no different from Expats from any part of the world claiming they're now in large enough numbers to take a vote to break away from the country they're ethnics in, so does this mean Russia can pay for 20,000 Russians to holiday in Cyprus and then at the slightest sign of national instability annex the island for Russia on the false pretences that they're in actual fact protecting there naval base with unmarked troops

Rules are rules, and we must abide by them and respect them or risk a return to the Stone Age and being uncivilised or worst. Sterilising the planet, sure the US has broke some but please remember Ukraine hasn't, this taring Ukraine madness has to stop and the Crimea has to be returned to Ukraine and a vote re held to hold any form of legitimacy in the eyes of the world

I suspect the out come will be the same bit let's respect Ukraine and it's national integrity and do things the right way, if it is not then this sends the wrong signals to the rest of the world

edit on 16-3-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Clearly your quite naive,

Oh clearly.

hate the system by all means, but don't be as stupid to believe Russia is any different my friend instead try to change the one we have..

I don't hate the system, I despise the globalist and their BS. I also never said a word about "believing" in anything about Russia or anything they may be maneuvering for. I'm simply observing what they are doing.

As far as trying to change the current western system... well, who's being naive now?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Unless Putin gets some sort of International agreement that bars NATO operations inside of the Ukraine. We can be sure that Crimea is the bare minimum for occupation. It puts a buffer zone between Russia and the Western Powers aka NATO and border defense systems placed by them.

It's my opinion that he is pushing as hard as he can to either completely occupy the Eastern portion if he does not get an agreement or obtains an agreement. It's in Russia's national interests & security. Putin won't back down unless he gets what he wants and even then it won't be him backing down but forcing others to either capitulate or be left looking weak when the full occupation commences.

I feel sorry for Ukrainians. They are stuck in the middle of all these arseholes. Divide and conquer. And the Ukraine is screwed no matter which side wins. All parties involved are guilty. The removed President may have been corrupt but he was still the legit leader at least. This current lot are not legit nor any good for the Ukrainian people at all. Lose lose situation.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Russia did not invade .They were there legally . Crimea is a autonomous region of Ukraine .They exercised their autonomy to have a referendum .EU observed that there were no issues with the way they carried it out ...The province of Quebec in Canada is and had had referendums to separate from Canada and did it legally and it was not carried out by Canada .The people of Ukraine did not elect their present government .They were pre picked puppets by the US ....The US is a big hypocrite when it comes to International law and the world knows this . Think Iraq ..

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Bassago

Clearly your quite naive,

Oh clearly.

hate the system by all means, but don't be as stupid to believe Russia is any different my friend instead try to change the one we have..

I don't hate the system, I despise the globalist and their BS. I also never said a word about "believing" in anything about Russia or anything they may be maneuvering for. I'm simply observing what they are doing.

As far as trying to change the current western system... well, who's being naive now?

I can see you hate the global elites we all do lol... but unfortunately the Russia system is no different, they just seek to bring it down to implement there own, so maybe you're being a bit naive thinking Russia will do away with banking cartels when the country is state owned everything lol

I'm not being naive, I just think it's easier to push for change rather than destroy and burn it all down... Small steps, well get there one day I'm sure. I'm just not so sure they'll be much left with all this jealousy and wolf gathering g at the doors of the civilised world, just like Rome tho I guess, bring on the dark ages

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Considering NATO has stated publicly...

So? That is what they say publicly. Who knows what the reality of their intentions are? Sounds good but NATO is an alliance. Some of those members get a great deal of natural resources from Russia. This will not play a part in the behind-the-scenes calculus despite what is said for the media?

in the end the world will be tuned upside down because of Putins actions

Sounds kind of long on dramatics, short on substance. What Putin is doing, he is not doing in a vacuum. World finances already have a trajectory. This situation may deflect that somewhat, but turn it upside down?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

the2ofusr1

Russia did not invade .They were there legally . Crimea is a autonomous region of Ukraine .They exercised their autonomy to have a referendum .EU observed that there were no issues with the way they carried it out ...The province of Quebec in Canada is and had had referendums to separate from Canada and did it legally and it was not carried out by Canada .The people of Ukraine did not elect their present government .They were pre picked puppets by the US ....The US is a big hypocrite when it comes to International law and the world knows this . Think Iraq ..

I've got no qualms with Crimea wishing to rejoin the Russia federation

It's the channels that where taken to enforce it which stink of staged

They do not belong in modern day politics... They belong back in the 1930s

I'm a strong believer In the right to self determination, I totally support it 100%, if that's what the people want then they should vote for it in the proper way, but as it stands it doesn't look legit, maybe they should if there is indeed no doubt that the people want this the. Maybe they should vote without a knife to there throats? vote under no foreign troops... and Ukrainian supervision or UN peace keeping supervision where people can vote without the pressure, my question is why did Russia have to enforce it and why have these recent figures changed so drastically ?

As for East Ukraine, if those few trouble makers want to break away, then the correct path for them to take would be to move back over the boarder to Russia or where ever they came from, this is the real issue here IMO, I think the EU and US both know the Crimea is lost but any more meddling will be seen as to far and provoke a heavy response in the for. Of military retaliation

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

ABNARTY

Considering NATO has stated publicly...

So? That is what they say publicly. Who knows what the reality of their intentions are? Sounds good but NATO is an alliance. Some of those members get a great deal of natural resources from Russia. This will not play a part in the behind-the-scenes calculus despite what is said for the media?

in the end the world will be tuned upside down because of Putins actions

Sounds kind of long on dramatics, short on substance. What Putin is doing, he is not doing in a vacuum. World finances already have a trajectory. This situation may deflect that somewhat, but turn it upside down?

I don't think NATO members will worry to much on there dependency to Russian gas, summer is approaching, it can always be sources form Elsewhere and probably cheaper too,

There's also the other option of... Tuning the electric oven or heater on, after all this is the 21st century it's not really as bigger deal as people think tbh

But Russia being a resources based Economy on the other hand shots itself in the foot and collapses shortly after

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join