It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russians Already Quietly Pulled Their Money From The West

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Just saw a different thread about "Why Putin Will Buckle Under Sanctions" and thought to myself "Yeah, right." Here's the reason Putin will NOT buckle under sanctions.

The Russians Have Already Quietly Pulled Their Money From The West
    One, he's already planning on sanctions and taking them into account. Russians have already moved billions and billions of dollars out of the west (remember Cyprus?)

Two, the Chinese just stepped up the game warning us (again) not to try sanctions.

As the FT reports, in silent and not so silent preparations for what will be near-certain financial sanctions (which would include account freezes and asset confiscations following this Sunday's Crimean referendum) the snealy Russians, read oligarchs, have already pulled billions from banks in the west thereby essentially making the biggest western gambit - that of going after the wealth of Russia's 0.0001% - moot.

Russian companies are pulling billions out of western banks, fearful that any US sanctions over the Crimean crisis could lead to an asset freeze, according to bankers in Moscow.

Sberbank and VTB, Russia’s giant partly state-owned banks, as well as industrial companies, such as energy group Lukoil, are among those repatriating cash from western lenders with operations in the US. VTB has also cancelled a planned US investor summit next month, according to bankers.

The flight comes as last-ditch diplomatic talks between Russia’s foreign minister and the US secretary of state to resolve the tensions in Ukraine ended without an agreement.

So that takes care of #1 and you can also factor in the Russian government moving forward with plans to seize foreign assets (read businesses.) Now add to that China's new(er) assertive position supporting Russia and you can begin to see how the west is going to have a problem.

“Sanctions could lead to retaliatory action, and that would trigger a spiral with unforeseeable consequences,” warns China’s envoy to Germany adding that “we don’t see any point in sanctions.” On the heels of Merkel’s warning that Russia risked “massive” political and economic damage if it did not change course, Reuters reports ambassador Shi Mingde urged patience saying “the door is still open” for diplomacy (though we suspect it is not) ahead of this weekend’s referendum. Russia’s Deputy Economy Minister Alexei Likhachev responded by promising “symmetrical” sanctions by Moscow. So now we have China joining the fray more aggressively.

China Warns of “Retaliatory Action” and “Unforeseeable Consequences” Over U.S. Monday Deadline

Personally I believe he's going in and Crimea is the bare minimum. Strategically he does not want NATO missiles in Ukraine so that will probably force him to take the rest of the country.

That's my prediction and if wrong I'll come back to this thread and admit to being wrong. Don't think that's going to happen though.
edit on 409am4141am32014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

A smarter man then me figured out what it truly takes to have a revolution in a country........The amount food costs in comparison to disposable income.

The US and most of the western world is under 10%.

Russia is 30%.

At 40% revolution will happen more often then not. This is all anyone needs to understand the cold hard truth. Russia will fall apart from the inside out as they struggle to keep there own people in line.
edit on 15-3-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   

SubTruth
reply to post by Bassago

A smarter man then me figured out what it truly takes to have a revolution in a country........The amount food costs in comparison to disposable income.

Russia is 30%.

At 40% revolution will happen more often then not. This is all anyone needs to understand the cold hard truth. Russia will fall apart from the inside out as they struggle to keep there own people in line.

You keep telling people that, still makes it no more real than your "cold hard truth". We are still waiting to see it crumble, for the last week. About time right?

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

Russia will fall apart from the inside out as they struggle to keep there own people in line.

Guess we'll see. Putin's approval rating is very high so I don't see it happening.

As far as food costs to income I don't think that matters as to him right now as the west tries to plunder Ukraine and move their missiles onto his doorstep.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Not surprised to here china is involved. Those bastards dont do the international community any benefit unless its on thier terms or primary interests.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Wouldn't it be great if we could develop a weapon than spanned the globe and turned every selfish and greedy politician to dust. Could you imagine how much better the world would be the next day!
Anyway, enough dreaming; perhaps it's time the people of the world united against corrupt governments, greedy corporations, and fundamentalists of all kinds. The world would be a wonderful place to live!

But then again I think I'm just dreaming. Yep, that's it.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Nathabeanz

Not surprised to here china is involved. Those bastards dont do the international community any benefit unless its on thier terms or primary interests.

Yeah, not surprised either. In this case as much as I believe they want the dollar to lose it status as the world reserve currency they have some financial difficulties of their own at the moment. They're probably hoping this will go away and not become a reciprocating sanctions war where everyone takes a beating, them included.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   
WAR... what is good for? Absolutely noth.... well its good for stimulating the economy...

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   

LittleGreenAlien
reply to post by Bassago

Wouldn't it be great if we could develop a weapon than spanned the globe and turned every selfish and greedy politician to dust. Could you imagine how much better the world would be the next day!

Lets tweak it and let it loose on the whole population.. At least this way 95 % of this species will become dust and the planet might heal a bit... Or did you think that politicians are some special breed of humans ? Nope, WE are greedy by nature, they just found a way to feed the greed ..

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Folks who think Putin is likely to fail to act like Putin . . . are dreaming . . . or wishful thinking or something similar.

Past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior.

Putin has been tasked by the globalist oligarchy with helping to utterly destroy the USA. He's been preparing for his assigned role. He's gleefully looking forward to it just as the super traitor--our own Narcissist-in-Chief is gleefully looking forward to the results of his own treasonous destroy-his-own-nest activities.

The scenarios in this dream:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

are consistent with such, imho.

There's the link there to Dimitru Duduman's dreams and visions affirming the same thing.

The whole Soviet Union/Russian revolution was paid for, funded, designed by the oligarchy to help bring down to ashes the American experiment and the whole western Judeo/Christian value system and form of government. The hour is close and advancing on us more and more rapidly, imho.

BTW, imho, the Chinese are not given to idle threats . . . certainly not often and certainly not over major things.

An important thread you've posted. Thx.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Thill

God has such a 'weapon.'

And it's use at Armageddon has been scheduled.

Every last one of them WILL BE removed from the planet . . . along with every last individual of similar bent and values.

The humble, gentle and peace oriented WILL LITERALLY

INHERIT THE EARTH.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   

LittleGreenAlien
reply to post by Bassago

Anyway, enough dreaming; perhaps it's time the people of the world united against corrupt governments, greedy corporations, and fundamentalists of all kinds. The world would be a wonderful place to live!

But then again I think I'm just dreaming. Yep, that's it.

Trouble is, Walt Kelly in Pogo was right . . .

"We have met the enemy and he is us."

The Book rightly declares: "There is none righteous, no not one."

Only His Blood makes any difference. And that takes willful choosing to apply it to one's filthy heart and nature . . . to walk with HIM in a lifelong process of being changed into HIS likeness.

I know of no other solution.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

The scenarios in this dream:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

are consistent with such, imho.

I believe you're right on that. Maybe the Statue of Liberty will take a missile strike from Russia before this is over.

Been following that thread with interest but it's beyond my area of expertise so I didn't add to it.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Maybe Russia has worked out that the world is not running out of fake $$$ bills printed out of thin air and that we are running out of oil and gas and are a lot better placed to fight sanctions than the USA or Europe.

The USA has been getting a free breakfast for far too long from the rest of the world and will be stopped from now on from steeling land, shouting about democracy and getting away with cool blooded murder.

When SHTF you would do a lot better to be living in a place like Russia than the USA I thinks

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

SubTruth
reply to post by Bassago

Russia is 30%.

Well by your theory then Russia should invade....to get better farm land in Ukraine.....usa invades for oil...russia invades for food...

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Certainly a missile strike on the Statue of Liberty . . . could signal the beginning of horrific festivities.

And it's not a far fetched notion in this current context.

I just don't know how to read the Kabuki dance of the globalist elephants on the world stage at the moment.

Is it more incremental prepping and lead-up or is it the later/last steps in the triggering of WW3 as planned?

I still think they are going to drag it out a good while longer. But I could sure be long. It wouldn't take much for them to have the conflagration start overnight.

Part of me thinks that they want China's aircraft carrier to be operational first, however. LOL.

Certainly Rockefeller et al have been signaling that they are merely waiting for the "right" crisis . . . Sigh.

May God have mercy on all folks of good heart toward Him.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Just skying here....but haven't the US businesses bought a whole pile of action in Russia since the collapse?
Seems sanctions may cost us more than them..................

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Partly this will depend on how the EU responds. Germany's large industry is putting a lot of heat on their leaders about this due to the economic losses it could cause them. London the same as they do not wish to cause banking problems in the City due to the amount of financial dealing they have with Russia.

As for the US there are a number of large companies that will be hurt by this, PepsiCo, Coca Cola, ExxonMobile, Ford and General Motors to list some of the big ones.

On top of that the fact is that Russia can/will disrupt the Natural Gas to the EU who get a third of their energy from the Russian pipelines. Then there is the trading balances between Russia and the west. While Russia exports almost twice what it imports to the US it is the opposite with the EU. Add to that Russia and the EU exports between each other are almost 10 times higher and not in the EU's favor.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

It's the same thing Iran did early last decade and before they became an item of intense international focus. They moved their Gold and other holdings from outside Iran into their own direct control and ability to make use of. That whole 'seized assets' thing seems a tired old horse that's about on it's last leg for how major nations have come to plan around it before others even thought to attempt doing it.

Putin is a sly and clever one..and it's why I don't sell him short for one second. It's thought through, what we're seeing and moves several steps out, in multiple directions. it's what made him, by reports, an accomplished Colonel in Russian intelligence. So...if we do what we think is a check ...what has he already planned well ahead to do as an immediate counter?

That's the problem I think I'm seeing starting to show some shape here. We're reacting and Putin is going off crafted scenario planning, war gamed thoroughly ahead of time. That stuff our side used to do...but decided it was a waste or something.

I'll bet Putin even lets his side lose occasionally, in honest simulations, so he can learn how not to lose in the real thing ...unlike our rule changing sims some headlines in recent years have discussed.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

US Gov putting sanctions on Russia would be one of the dumbest moves ever.

This will force Russia, China (Maybe B.R.I.C. as a whole) to get rid of the dollar as the reserve currency for oil, the last thing that's propping the dollar up....then BOOM, US collapse!!!!

Russia going after Crimea is like when US when after Alaska.

What a bunch of idiots....... this should be diplomatically handled via talks at a round table. World Police my Arse

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join