It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan: Humanity's Hero

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by nosacrificenofreedom

According to a German Catholic Bishop Lucifer and Satan are different demons associated with different things:

In 1589, Peter Binsfeld paired each of the deadly sins with a demon, who tempted people by means of the associated sin. According to Binsfeld's classification of demons, the pairings are as follows:

Lucifer: pride (superbia)
Mammon: greed (avaritia)
Asmodeus: lust (luxuria)
Leviathan: envy (invidia)
Beelzebub: gluttony (gula or gullia)
Amon or Satan: wrath (ira)
Belphegor: sloth (acedia)

Considering the fact that he was a Bishop and The Catholic Church was the main church at the time going after "heretics" not inspired by the holy spirit, I would say they saw this and approved of it (since he didn't get excommunicated or corrected).

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Just thought I should congratulate you with your 6000th post

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Doesn't it say that God works in mysterious ways? How do we know that Satan also works in mysterious ways?

Crazy hypothesis warning..

What if God was the devil and by outlawing the true god (God) by making 'him/her' the outcast.. We're all believing in the wrong god?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

MrKipling
Doesn't it say that God works in mysterious ways? How do we know that Satan also works in mysterious ways?

Crazy hypothesis warning..

What if God was the devil and by outlawing the true god (God) by making 'him/her' the outcast.. We're all believing in the wrong god?

That's PRECISELY what happened.

Christians ARE worshipping the 'wrong' god.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by QueenofSpades

So people should be worshiping Satan?
How about just live your life and love yourself like almost every other being in nature does (except for some humans who hate themselves or look for something to worship)?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by QueenofSpades

Satan was not evil at all. Just wrongfully slandered by the winner.
Have you considered the possibility that the Old Testament is basically fiction, and that the New Testament is often figurative, especially when referring to the devil or Satan, or the serpent?

I do think that the Medieval church did blow it all up into a mythology of its own but meant to be taken literally.

Lord God bombs cities, practices physical torture of humans . . .
If you mean the Book of Job, then that is a parable, where Job is like a pseudonym for Israel, made by taking letters from his earlier name, Jacob.
"Satan" would represent the king of the Assyrians, who came down and destroyed the northern kingdom of Israel.
The device is to reconcile the idea of YHWH being all powerful, with a supposedly inferior god of the gentiles being able to completely demolish the Lord's very own nation.
So there really isn't a person, Satan, but is a way of avoiding naming the heathen foreign god.
edit on 13-3-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

arpgme

How about just live your life and love yourself like almost every other being in nature does (except for some humans who hate themselves or look for something to worship)?

How would they sell books if all the real wisdom was boiled down into this

I would have slipped in live your life and love yourself and others. It can be hard to respect people who want nothing more than to see others fail. This is my only challenge, not going full postal on their minds haha.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

the coolest thing about christianity?
they know the names of the demons!!!! and angels!!!!
they know every single one of them with their characteristics!!!
it makes me wonder if their pioneers (papacy, templar, etc) practiced witchcraft and made contacts/channellig with those beings.

the more names of the demons i can find from their 'lose papers', the more i see christiniaty as witchcraft. and ironically they hunted 'witches' tortured, and burned them alive.

peace
edit on 13-3-2014 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

dodol
reply to post by arpgme

the coolest thing about christianity?
they know the names of the demons!!!! and angels!!!!
they know every single one of them with their characteristics!!!
it makes me wonder if their pioneers (papacy, templar, etc) practiced witchcraft and made contacts/channellig with those beings.

the more names of the demons i can find from their 'lose papers', the more i see christiniaty as witchcraft. and ironically they hunted 'witches' tortured, and burned them alive.

peace

Haha I invoke lucifer, satan, jesus, easter bunny, santa clause and a partridge in a pair tree.
Oh and the three witches of east wick. Ask me a question now bro

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Utnapisjtim

I see you ignored the link i had dropped and most likely did not read it explaining how modern christians are not under the Covenant that the hebrews were under. Also where do you get the idea that capitilization is rude? Grammar nazi i take it? I gave you information you chose not to read it so I am done with you in this thread.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by yuppa

I know you gave this explanation to me in another thread yuppa but how is that not just spin?

Did Yahweh just make a mistake before when he did and said horrible things in the old testament? Didn't Jesus say (to paraphrase) "I have not come to tear down the law"? Jesus didn't say "Oh yeah, that stuff from before... it was all wrong"

Just seems terribly convenient.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I know the whole story and what's next. I've channeled Set, and am always channeling Set, and the story is much different than you would believe...

Anyone want to know? I can't put it all out there, so if you want to know PM me.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   

BKetsune
I know the whole story and what's next. I've channeled Set, and am always channeling Set, and the story is much different than you would believe...

Anyone want to know? I can't put it all out there, so if you want to know PM me.

Can you put it out here now. I am pretty bored and well, you should have nothing to be ashamed of. If you wouldn't mind of course

Or maybe create a thread for it, it sounds interesting.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I love reading your replies on here. Not just on this thread, but on every other thread I've seen you pop up. You always make great points that are thought provoking and insightful. I just thought I'd let you know.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by BKetsune

I would like for you to post this story openly, why be secretive? Lets hear what this spirit "set" has to say.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

ReturnofTheSonOfNothing
reply to post by yuppa

I know you gave this explanation to me in another thread yuppa but how is that not just spin?

Did Yahweh just make a mistake before when he did and said horrible things in the old testament? Didn't Jesus say (to paraphrase) "I have not come to tear down the law"? Jesus didn't say "Oh yeah, that stuff from before... it was all wrong"

Just seems terribly convenient.

www.churches-of-christ.net...

Follow the link there. it explains about the laws and how they apply to modern christians a bit. Its not hard to find if you look it up but there that might make it easier to go from there.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
as you are probably aware, many occultists, secret societies and esoterics, believe that the serpent of genesis is satan and that he is actually the good guy. sad to say it, but they are partially correct. that also means that many in the abrahamic belief systems, are also only partially correct. this is a long and laborious discovery, something most just don't have the time or inclination to study. so let's just start with the very basic premise:

1. what are the things attributed to satan?

Answer: he was otherwise known as the accuser. the accuser accuses humans before the throne of god the father, who acts as the judge over planetary matters.

2. how did the accuser accuse humans?

Answer: with the planetary laws he enforced as owner of the planet.

3. who's law is it?

Answer: the god of this planet.

4. who is the god of this planet?

Answer: the accuser

5. who created humans?

Answer: the serpent

6. Is he the accuser?

Answer: no, the god of this planet was the accuser, who demanded humans dna be nerfed.

7. how was human dna nerfed?

Answer: we were given shortened life spans.

8. you mean they weren't short life spans before that?

Answer: correct.

9. so who then in the bible is satan?

Answer: the guy who ordered the flood, called for human dna to be nerfed, and slaughtered countless inhabitants of this, his planet.

10. are you saying jehovah is satan?

Answer: not exactly and that's where the problem arises. there are 3 major gods involved in the story. one is the god of this planet, who is the accuser. one is creator of the adam and the subsequent creator of procreative adam. and one is god the father, who is the father of the accuser and the creator.

when esoterics say that knowledge given by the serpent was magicks, they are unaware of the meaning of knowledge at that time. knowledge meant to know someone intimately. adam knew his wife and she begat.

the enemy of humankind is the accuser, who hates humans. the friend of humankind is the creator, who is also known as jesus.

so satan is not the good guy. satan is the bad guy, but only in as far as the text describe the attributes of satan.
edit on 13-3-2014 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Utnapisjtim

FriedBabelBroccoli
You are not interpreting those Biblical texts, but rather some form of Theosophy it seems.

Guess you could say that. I call it reading.

The Bible texts say Eve was deceived and was divine before she ate of the fruit.

Are you sure of that? Read it again. In Hebrew. Exactly where does it say that Man was deceived?

But then again if that is not the case, then why are people dying left and right?

Most of those people dying don't even realise or notice they died. They live on in another dimentional complex. Merely ridding off old skin as they progress through what I call the tetities, one step closer to God. Life IS eternal you know. Didn't you get that while sifting through those pages?

What do you think of Anu being the closest Sumerian equivalent of the Biblical God as opposed to the prince of the air(aka Lucifer, Enlil) and the prince of the Earth (aka Satan, Enki)?

Let's not mix the veggies here.

www.qbible.com...

וַתֹּאמֶר הָאִשָּׁה אֶל־הַנָּחָשׁ מִפְּרִי עֵץ־הַגָּן נֹאכֵל

Massoretic Text OT Hebrew Genesis 3:2 Lexicon Strong's Concordance Cross ReferencesAdd Your Comments on Genesis 3:2 Forums Online 3:2 waTomer häiSHäh el-haNächäsh miP'riy ëtz-haGän nokhël

Massoretic Text OT Hebrew Genesis 3:2 Lexicon Strong's Concordance Cross ReferencesAdd Your Comments on Genesis 3:2 Forums Online 3:2 And the woman 802 said 559 z8799 unto x413 the serpent, 5175 We may eat 398 z8799 of the fruit 6529 x4480 of the trees 6086 of the garden: 1588

וּמִפְּרִי הָעֵץ אֲשֶׁר בְּתוֹ־הַגָּן אָמַר אֱלֹהִים לֹא תֹאכְלוּ מִמֶּנּוּ וְלֹא תִגְּעוּ בּוֹ פֶּן־תְּמֻתוּן

Massoretic Text OT Hebrew Genesis 3:3 Lexicon Strong's Concordance Cross ReferencesAdd Your Comments on Genesis 3:3 Forums Online 3:3 ûmiP'riy häëtz ásher B'tôkh'-haGän ämar élohiym lo tokh'lû miMeNû w'lo tiG'û Bô Pen-T'mutûn

Massoretic Text OT Hebrew Genesis 3:3 Lexicon Strong's Concordance Cross ReferencesAdd Your Comments on Genesis 3:3 Forums Online 3:3 But of the fruit 6529 x4480 of the tree 6086 which x834 [is] in the midst 8432 of the garden, 1588 ´Élöhîm אֱלֹהִים 430 hath said, 559 z8804 Ye shall not x3808 eat 398 z8799 of x4480 it, neither x3808 shall ye touch 5060 z8799 it, lest 6435 ye die. 4191 z8799

וַיֹּאמֶר הַנָּחָשׁ אֶל־הָאִשָּׁה לֹא־מוֹת תְּמֻתוּן

Massoretic Text OT Hebrew Genesis 3:4 Lexicon Strong's Concordance Cross ReferencesAdd Your Comments on Genesis 3:4 Forums Online 3:4 waYomer haNächäsh el-häiSHäh lo-môt T'mutûn

Massoretic Text OT Hebrew Genesis 3:4 Lexicon Strong's Concordance Cross ReferencesAdd Your Comments on Genesis 3:4 Forums Online 3:4 And the serpent 5175 said 559 z8799 unto x413 the woman, 802 Ye shall not x3808 surely y4191 z8800 die: 4191 z8799

כִּי יֹדֵעַ אֱלֹהִים כִּי בְּיוֹם אֲכָלְכֶם מִמֶּנּוּ וְנִפְקְחוּ עֵינֵיכֶם וִהְיִיתֶם כֵּאלֹהִים יֹדְעֵי טוֹב וָרָע

Massoretic Text OT Hebrew Genesis 3:5 Lexicon Strong's Concordance Cross ReferencesAdd Your Comments on Genesis 3:5 Forums Online 3:5 Kiy yodëª élohiym Kiy B'yôm ákhäl'khem miMeNû w'nif'q'chû ëynëykhem wih'yiytem Këlohiym yod'ëy †ôv wärä

Massoretic Text OT Hebrew Genesis 3:5 Lexicon Strong's Concordance Cross ReferencesAdd Your Comments on Genesis 3:5 Forums Online 3:5 For x3588 ´Élöhîm אֱלֹהִים 430 doth know 3045 z8802 that x3588 in the day 3117 ye eat 398 z8800 thereof, x4480 then your eyes 5869 shall be opened, 6491 z8738 and ye shall be x1961 as ´élöhîm אֱלֹהִים, 430 knowing 3045 z8802 good 2896 and evil. 7451

It seems that it was stated right there in Hebrew in Genesis . . . . The serpent says surely you shall not die . . . Clearly they are dead later in the text . . . that would constitute a lie, or in other words a deception . . .

So what is it you are reading? There was no entering sheol, the grave, before mankind ate of the fruit according to the text.

There was no "passing on" into a new life form "closer" to God . . . you are literally making things up as you go here.

You really just seem to be trolling, or have have never actually read the text your babbling on about.

-FBB

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by FriedBabelBroccoli

i read that as "surely enlil won't kill you, afterall, he demanded replacement workers in the first place"

and then enlil sees that instead of opting to make the new procreative adam copies of the prior ones, they had been given procreation by the serpent (representing both dna and the creator god who used dna to create life on the planet). enlil freaked out cause he didn't want humans over populating his planet, took it to the heavenly court, and accused the creator of screwing up his planet with
knowing humans (procreaters).

the god of this world is satan. notice -- dev.il
il is the mesopotamian name for god, descended down from enlil, who did not create the adam, nor give them knowing.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

undo
reply to post by FriedBabelBroccoli

i read that as "surely enlil won't kill you, afterall, he demanded replacement workers in the first place"

and then enlil sees that instead of opting to make the new procreative adam copies of the prior ones, they had been given procreation by the serpent (representing both dna and the creator god who used dna to create life on the planet). enlil freaked out cause he didn't want humans over populating his planet, took it to the heavenly court, and accused the creator of screwing up his planet with
knowing humans (procreaters).

the god of this world is satan. notice -- dev.il
il is the mesopotamian name for god, descended down from enlil, who did not create the adam, nor give them knowing.

Hi Undo, and do unto others as you would done to you lol
Where are these creators right now? I am just curious, if they are powerful, they must surly be around.
If they are around what are they doing? I bet I am more intelligent them, but they would have to come play poker with me or something to verify this.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join