It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Annexation of Canada part of Bush's Military Agenda?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Otts
Somewhereinbetween - Luckily, the union doesn't yet extend to social policy. Because the problem is, the United States will not change to accommodate Canadians. Rather, the opposite will have to happen. And as a lot of Canadians are much more liberal than Americans on a variety of issues, it'll cause trouble.

Exactly correct, which is one of the major reasons that while we may be neighbours and alike in some respects, we are still decades apart in social thinking. Canada would literally have to become a nation of foreigners driven by hegemony and intolerance for the meek, weak and defenseless.

Before I have Americans jump on me for that statement, understand that as a country with a social disposition toward health and the general welfare of all, coupled with the determination of remaining a peace-keeping nation and not a military force, it is so by the desire of the majority.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
If I remember, The last time the USA tried to invade Canada, Washington DC was burnt to a crisp by the Canadians and British, and like most Americans think nowadays, they thought Canada was going to be a rollover :/
Invading Canada would bring the world against the USA and reguardless of how powerful America thinks it is, The rest of the world could still cause a lot of damage, basically I see a war getting bigger and bigger, until nukes would be used by either America or someone else and then its all over...

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Seriously, there would be no need. The connections behind the scenes are VERY close. Canada and the US are extremely close allies, maybe not all the time in public, but behind closed doors....

We agree again Ed (I am gonna have to get my meds upped:lol

We would no more Invade Canada then we would the UK. What would be the purpose? If we were any closer allies we would be the same country.

I would not rule out some kind of union between the USA/Canada/Mexico along the lines of the EU but not ANY type of forced invasion. We have a lot of people with family on both sides and that alone would stop any military move in its tracks

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Anybody here ever heard of economic invasion? ...No tanks, no guns, no nukes. Just sign on the dotted line and let the corporations run Canada AND the USA.

It's already happening. We're just stumbling over a bit of the documentation.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Why would Bush go after Canada ? there is no sane reason for the USA to attack Canada.
If Bush is going to go after every countrie that didnt take part in the attack on Iraq he will have a world war on his hands.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SomewhereinBetween
Exactly correct, which is one of the major reasons that while we may be neighbours and alike in some respects, we are still decades apart in social thinking.

how about letting a CANADIAN jump all over this....we are neighbours and have far more similarities than differences

you seem to paint all of Canada as elite social thinkers far left from center on social issues, etc and with the same brush paint the US as capitalist neo-cons - neither of which is accurate to any degree - both are far closer to the middle - liberal conservatives/conservative liberals - than either side likes to admit

...and we brag about our superior social programs as they crumble around us

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Everybody play nice now.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
rowsdower "i dont think so, no offense to canadians but the only things in canada are beavers and bad drivers. " It's that kind of ignorance that people, myself included can't stand about the USA. NO offense?? Do you even know what the hell you are talking about?
I'm a proud Canadian who happens to want nothing to do with the USA, and I don't care if they are our largest trading partener and considered by many to be our "Big Brother". If it was up to me I would tell the entire US Government to stick it.
Hmm if I was going to take rowsdowers approach, I guess the only thing the USA has is the world's least intelligent leader and a pile of Nuclear Weapons! How is that Rowsdower??

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amelia
That scares me a bit sometimes...like we do nothing wrong but I wonder if one day, the USA will come up against us because we are not with them in the war....

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We are in Afghanistan helping and thats pretty good considering the state of our forces and how spread out we are. Some Americans don't seem to consider Afghanistan the war on terror anymore so they don't think we are helping. Not all just some.

I can see ajoint union similar to the EU, not anytime soon though, maybe if that pimp Clinton was running the show I would consider it

The only difference between Americans and Canadians is you call a roof a "ruff", thats something a dog does

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Wow, you leave for a couple of hours and see what happens to a thread. This is fairly indicative of Canadians though, as a rule. We don't yell, thump chests, etc. pretty laid back bunch, until it's time to go. HD picked up 2 well earned warns here. Not condoning it, I just understand. Yes, it is possible to rile a Canadian.

A point that has been missed this week and I'm sorry it has, coming from a military family, is that our forces ARE underfunded BUT some of the best trained in the world. Ask military personell from other countries that have worked with our boys and girls. You will find nothing but respect. We also have an excellent special forces branch JTF2:

Now if we could keep our helecopters in the air everything would be OK.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   

HD got some well earned warns here...

Ya I'd say so, I don't regret them but I will try to refrain from getting another, I hope (As if I actually belive its really my 'will' after you read this)....

.....First he says this:

i dont think so, no offense to canadians but

Then hes says this:

the only things in canada are beavers and bad drivers.

Then another member says this:

I would like to welcome all Canadians to the
United States of North America!

Except you Frenchies go back to Europe!

... I mean come on, I'll take another warning if it take this to show the ridiculousness of this kind of thought. They dont even relies that all these things are connected... They only like the quazi-American parts of Canada, and to a Canadian this hits close to home if you know what I mean?....

By intrepid
Not condoning it,........ I just understand.

.... Oh I quess not (At this point I'm not to surprised)...... Another Contradiction in terms.... These things are all connected, intrepid, if you understand why this is offensive then why not give the other two apes on this thread a warning or two? You agree its offensive and was worthy of a reaction, but not enough of an offence (In your mind) to warrant a 'warn'.... Hmmm to a Canadian this seems odd, yes very odd.

Edit: And thanks for the Martyrship Anuk
But can I have my 500 points back now?

[edit on 11/24/04 by HumptyDumpty]

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Not going to happen.
The rest of the world would vilify (sp) the US.
Besides our Queen would come to the rescue

But seriously, not going to happen.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Ah, so points can be taken away? No wonder I seen a member with a negative amount of points. Thought something was wrong with my computer.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
HumptyDumpty - I understand your anger re some of the things that have been said on this thread; in fact, I share it. But remember, some posters are just looking for attention... when they're not plain ignorant. I've learned to take a few deep breaths before posting...

But I am quite grateful that you stood up for the homies.

Now as for the topic at hand... I think it's inevitable that Canada and the United States will achieve some type of union on some levels. I think that on the levels of defense and security, it'll happen. I don't know about foreign policy - however, if we opposed something the US wanted to do, we'd just be overruled. OR - I hope - there would be a genuine search for consensus.

What really scares me about the link that was posted originally is two things:

1) The way Donald Rumsfeld is envisioning NORTHCOM, it would answer neither to the White House nor to the Canadian Parliament. That should worry BOTH Americans and Canadians.

2) If I go demonstrate against George W. Bush's visit next week (won't happen, I have a job interview), there's a chance - however slim - that I'd get a nice lil file at the CIA or the FBI. Again,

EDITED to replace "North American protection initiative" by "NORTHCOM".

[edit on 24-11-2004 by Otts]

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by rowsdower
"We are also short on qualified pilots as well, seems no one wants to risk their but in a 20 yr old fighter or a 40 year old chopper anymore"

us americans fly in 45 YEAR OLD BOMBERS (the B52s) made in 1962 and you canadians are crying over your F-18s. we have to go to 50 year old military junkyards to get spare parts for the B-52.
and we are not crying over them. in fact we dont plan on retireing them until 2044. by then each aircratf will be 82 years old and 65 years over its original planned lifespan.

[edit on 24-11-2004 by rowsdower]

She is a great plane, wish they could build new ones

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Canada is already the 52nd state behind Puerto Rico

Seriously, there would be no need. The connections behind the scenes are VERY close. Canada and the US are extremely close allies, maybe not all the time in public, but behind closed doors....

I agree with ed(??WHAT??LOL)
It may not appear like it on T.V all the time,but america and canada are MoF%$^*ng TIZITE!!

lol

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a couple things here... why would america invade Canada? Seriously, what would be the point... would we then go and pick on Mexico? WE WANT MORE IMMIGRATION FROM MEXICO
!!!!!!!!!!! Lets get off the whole America invading Canada subject cuz it would never happen, probably even if America had a legitimate reason to invade Canada. What about Mexico, where does it fall in this whole thing? And yes, BOTH Mexico and Canada can afford to have relatively no military because anyone who invades them has to know that they are going to have to go through the US as well, and i really dont think anyone wants a major world war, not to mention the home field advantage for the U.S. so to speak. And to the person who is whining about the comments made about Canada by an American, did you not make your own about an American calling us ignorant, and arrogant? You claim your laid back, so be laid back, and stop being a hypocrite. Im not defending the remarks im simply pointing out your flaws in getting all hysterical. Yes America jokes about Canada, actually no we dont but whatever, and Canada jokes about America, but in the end we both have mutual interests in each other. And the last country America is going to invade, except for maybe England, would be Canada. I only say England because Blaire and Bush are GREAT friends.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by colsislander
Lets not forget,we in Canada have a lot of empty land a small population around 35 million I think .We also have a lot of fresh water

I don't want to get invade by the USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wanna stay in my province where people are peaceful, have great values...What will happen to us! We have nothing to fight them! No, they WON'T do that to us
Don't put this in my mind guys!

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You've got nothing to worry about
We won't attack you. We don't even hate you. That's just propaganda by people who enjoy stirring up trouble. We are actually a peaceful people. We hate war too. Unfortunately there are millions, if not billions of people that would take us over in a heartbeat if we let down our guard. We don't have a strong military because we are mean, we have it because we must to survive in a world filled with evil. Pacifism is a great and noble ideal, but it will get you killed in this world.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Originally posted by colsislander
Lets not forget,we in Canada have a lot of empty land a small population around 35 million I think .We also have a lot of fresh water

I don't want to get invade by the USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wanna stay in my province where people are peaceful, have great values...What will happen to us! We have nothing to fight them! No, they WON'T do that to us
Don't put this in my mind guys!

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You've got nothing to worry about
We won't attack you. We don't even hate you. That's just propaganda by people who enjoy stirring up trouble. We are actually a peaceful people. We hate war too. Unfortunately there are millions, if not billions of people that would take us over in a heartbeat if we let down our guard. We don't have a strong military because we are mean, we have it because we must to survive in a world filled with evil. Pacifism is a great and noble ideal, but it will get you killed in this world.

Yeah, I agree completely. The United States opinion on manifest destiny has been completely changed ever since we destroyed nearly all of the indians in the 1900s. This was such a drastic measure that w changed our policy. Just because we have a corrupt political leader and administration doesn't mean that everyone has the same opinions here in the United Staets, and like he said that IS propeganda

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by HumptyDumpty
Edit: And thanks for the Martyrship Anuk
But can I have my 500 points back now?

Nope

Also its AMUK Everyone else stopped short of name calling you didn't hence the two warns,

Its damn sure not because I have something against Canadians, some of my best friends are Canadians

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join