It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Annexation of Canada part of Bush's Military Agenda?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
MacKiller, a Canadian mod, just gave me a warning for saying that I love our Canadian cousins despite they're vocal anti-Americanism. Now, if that isn't an abuse of power, I don't know what is.

You can trash America all day long, but let one American poke a little fun at Canada and you lash out by docking me points and issuing a warning. That says a lot more about the moderator than it does about me.

Canadians are our snot-nosed, whiney cousins who are annoying and mostly useless, but we love them anyway.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
You can trash America all day long, but let one American poke a little fun at Canada and you lash out by docking me points and issuing a warning. That says a lot more about the moderator than it does about me.

Canadians are our snot-nosed, whiney cousins who are annoying and mostly useless, but we love them anyway.

Not really grady I have handed out THREE warnings on this thread for people trashing America and was beat to the punch for handing out yours

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   

MacKiller, a Canadian mod, just gave me a warning for saying that I love our Canadian cousins despite they're vocal anti-Americanism. Now, if that isn't an abuse of power, I don't know what is.

Hey Grady, I was here at the beginning of your anti-Canadian post, did I warn you? No, and I'M Canadian. Where's the abuse of power? Right there with your use of logic, I'd guess. NOWHERE. Cry elsewhere Grady, it won't fly here.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I have to step out of this conversion cause I will only get myself booted from this site.

I'm not the Canadian that lets people talk about my country men/women and not have a peice of me (Words or Fists)..... Carry on and trash my country with words, you have little resistance now

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Hey Grady, I was here at the beginning of your anti-Canadian post, did I warn you? No, and I'M Canadian. Where's the abuse of power? Right there with your use of logic, I'd guess. NOWHERE. Cry elsewhere Grady, it won't fly here.

There's no excuse for that warning, intrepid. My statement was a good-natured barb at the Canadians to whom we are inextricably bound regardless of our differences. I can find a dozen posts by Canadians bashing America that result in nothing.

I don't care about the points, but if I was the mod who issued that warning, I would be ashamed of myself for letting my emotions override my logic.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
You insulted Canadians as a whole.

If I was not Canadian, I still would of warned you. Please don't make me quote myself again:

No, it's not personal (Canadian), it's part of the rules.

Insults will not be tollerated.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
GradyPhilpott
take it to complaints or u2u please,

this is not the place for it,

On topic please

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
Not really grady I have handed out THREE warnings on this thread for people trashing America and was beat to the punch for handing out yours

So what happened is I stumbled into a slugfest, cracked a joke and got a warning. I don't often use this language, but that sucks big time.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Americans are snot-nosed, whiney, annoying and mostly useless.

So if someone posted this and a mod, say Quicksilver, Amuk, SO, NC, Ban, Spectre, Springer, Seekerof, Bob88 had warned about it, it would be an abuse of power? BTW, if this had been the case, I would have warned. Like I said, take the hystronics along with your bigotry, ply them elsewhere.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Again, please keep discussion ON TOPIC.

Last warning.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   

MacKiller, a Canadian mod, just gave me a warning for saying

That says a lot more about the moderator than it does about me.

Grady - I posted a very clever ironic parody earlier this week - it got deleted and I got docked 250 points... I used nasty words I've seen here a lot (okay, not necessarily all in the same paragraph), but I thought it made my point quite effectively. Thing is though, those words were racial putdowns. Was the mod wrong to delete my post and give me a penalty, even though I was just being funny? - no, I don't think so.

Chill guy. You can always earn more points.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
We should just take everybody as individuals....
I'm a young french woman from Montreal, maybe some of you are hard conservatives from USA, I don't understand that philosophy.... but we don't know each other personnally! If we could all be together in the same room, maybe we could all get to know each other and we would regrets all those insults. We are just humans beign who wants to live in a nice society...right????
Canadians are different from americans! That's a FACT! Now what do we share??? We like to have fun, party, eat, sleep, watch T.V, wash ourselves like everybody else, why can't we respect each other!
I love you all guys, just respect me and I'll respect you

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Keep faith!

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
We take it easier, life is alot more relaxing up here I've noticed, everything can be done tommorow. The weather could be a little better but we'll live. This entire thread has reminded me of Rick Mercer talking to Americans, sorry if anyone has mentionned that before in this thread but its hilarious what americans think of us and know about our country.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   

So what happened is I stumbled into a slugfest, cracked a joke and got a warning. I don't often use this language, but that sucks big time.

you're 'joke' just wasn't funny. maybe you should go back to clown school.
seems like your doing more 'whining' than the canadians, grady.
it was clearly an insult to all canadians, and not a 'joke'.
so, stop whining.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Is the annexation of Canada part of Bush's military agenda?

I don't think so. ...Clearly an economic agenda. Most likely strategy: entrench annexation under international law as an extension of NAFTA. Present citizens with a fait accompli, or just don't tell them.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
We could have the best of all three worlds - a strong economy, a strong military, and a strong culture. No one country has all three:

The United States already has the strongest economy, military, and the largest cultural influence of any country in the world.

The US's culture is trash. Yes, trash. That is why it's coming apart at the seams. The economy is floundering, but the military is one of the finest in the world.

The economy is floundering because the culture is trash? Care to elaborate on that one?

Actually, the U.S economy isn't floundering at all. It is the strongest economy in the world and according to every economic indicator it is improving in nearly every area. Have a look at www.beau.doc.gov for starters.

Look at the common decency with which Canadians were addressed in this thread, particularly by Grady and Hendrix.

I am sorry that you cannot take a joke. It's called a sense of humor, look into it.

[edit on 26-11-2004 by Jimi Hendrix]

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jimi Hendrix
The United States already has the strongest economy, military, and the largest cultural influence of any country in the world.

That doesn't speak for the quality of said culture.

The economy is floundering because the culture is trash? Care to elaborate on that one?

Seperate thoughts. The culture is splitting along political lines, notable the religous right against the more liberal left. Didn't think I'd have to explain that one...sometimes I forget I'm speaking to Americans, though.

Actually, the U.S economy isn't floundering at all. It is the strongest economy in the world and according to every economic indicator it is improving in nearly every area. Have a look at www.beau.doc.gov for starters.

Yes. That is why your country has a 8.2 trillion dollar debt. Because your economy is strong.

I am sorry that you cannot take a joke. It's called a sense of humor, look into it.

Perhaps you should learn what is funny. Slandering someone else's country is generally not all that funny. For example, if I were to call all Americans inbred, ignorant hicks bloated on their own self-righteous propaganda who ignore their past -rife with butchery and oppression, the very things they claim to oppose- it would be wrong. Not all americans are inbred.

DE

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
if I were to call all Americans inbred, ignorant hicks bloated on their own self-righteous propaganda who ignore their past -rife with butchery and oppression, the very things they claim to oppose- it would be wrong.

DE

DeusEx - I for one am glad you restrained yourself. An accusation like that would be inaccurate and would serve no good purpose. Thanks.

...The US $8+ trillion dollar debt is growing daily - I fear the strategy calls for appropriating Canadian resources and cheap Mexican labor to pay it down.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Grady,

You're forgetting that us being Americans means we have a sense of humor. When we crack on Canadians they take it personally. Which is why we usually continue to crack on them.

I'm not saying all Canadians have no sense of humor, it's just a bit different than ours.

I've never lived in Canada, but I've been there once. Winnipeg to be exact, had to go win a Midget AA hockey tourney.

I hear living in Canada is like living by yourself in a single room apartment with a raging party going on down below.

[edit on 26-11-2004 by LostSailor]

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor

When we crack on Canadians they take it personally. Which is why we usually continue to crack on them.

I hear living in Canada is like living by yourself in a single room apartment with a raging party going on down below.

Very Very Very funny!!!!!!!!!!!
What IF I told jokes about the USA, I'm sure you'll laught big time!
Amercians are big fat overweight people who dress like crap...
HAHAHAHA funny hey!

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

[edit on 26/11/04 by Amelia]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join