It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update: Malaysian military now reveals that the plane reappeared elsewhere

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Blahable

Then you didn't read all the comments in this very thread.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I may have missed this in one of the pages but did anyone say why it took so long to make the knowledge of the turn around public?

You have to have some pretty serious reasons to make the search party look in the wrong place for a few days?

Unless they come up with a valid reason of not knowing until now, withholding the turn around should now be considered as one of the proven government conspiracies.

Perhaps time enough to clean up/modify the actual crash?

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

IS THIS EARTH NOT COMPLETELY COVERED BY SATELLITE REAL TIME IMAGES?

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

I've been wondering the same thing most of the day. Why allow the search to take place in a totally different area before releasing that it's believed the plane turned off course?
This shows complete incompetence from their military or maybe there is something much deeper going on here.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
If the complete change in flight direction is true? why did it first take a sudden change of direction to the right of 15 degrees(not gradual but instant) then dissapeer after loosing sudden hight, this was in totally the wrong direction to where it is now stated it may have flown?

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
This business about the authorities withholding for so long, the information that the plane had turned and flown West is bizarre. How certain are we that the plane reported West of the Malay Peninsula really was flight 370 ? It's said that the military radar used to determine this can not identify a specific plane.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

LordOfDestruction
I dont understand the whole hijacking point of view on this, dont terrorist cells usually claim a hijacking when or after they do it?

Most hijackings are the act of single person with no ties to a group. Of course 911 ruined that because where people once would cooperate and know they would be fine now they go after the jacker because they have nothing to lose.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

TheLieWeLive
reply to post by Daughter2

This shows complete incompetence from their military or maybe there is something much deeper going on here.

I don't see how it could be interpreted as incompetence? I don't see how it could be anything other than an intentional cover-up.

But that's just my stupid opinion. According to CNN, intelligent thinkers are concluding this was a mechanical failure.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Daughter2
I may have missed this in one of the pages but did anyone say why it took so long to make the knowledge of the turn around public?

You have to have some pretty serious reasons to make the search party look in the wrong place for a few days?

Unless they come up with a valid reason of not knowing until now, withholding the turn around should now be considered as one of the proven government conspiracies.

Perhaps time enough to clean up/modify the actual crash?

I posted similar. I saw an article, maybe Reuters, that said the military spokesperson retracted the statement saying he had told a reporter to refer to his previous statement. I think he meant a possibility it turned. But then I saw CNN basically going with the military did say they tracked the flight. (I assume they picked up an unknown plane where the transponder went off to know it was the plane.)

At this point who can believe anything coming out. Maybe since then the Malaysia military fessed up to knowing without a doubt. Did they share the data with other analysts?

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Why has the search and rescue effort then been allowed to search in the wrong area for so long?

What is going on?

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I really cannot believe half of what the people say in these comments. it makes me very sad. You're being fed lies and drawing dots which are not there. This whole story is getting out of hand. I don't know who to trust. At this point all we know is the plane is missing and that is still all we know.....

If the poles reversed. Our Bermuda Triangle off the coat of Florida would be right where the plane disappeared.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
This (the fact that the plane "mysteriously" re-appeared) is EXACTLY why I took the entire "plane vanished" story with a grain of salt.

I said already at some other place, there are TWO types of radar, the "active" one where the plane has a transponder activated and sends out data about where it is...and the "passive" radar where some radar station (military, civil etc.) may track planes or whatever in the area, regardless whether the plane has a transponder activated or not.

When they said the plane vanished at point X...it was immediately clear to me that this is likely based on that ON THIS LOCATION the transponder was turned off....but this did not mean that SOME nation, some radar station somewhere did track the plane regardless, even AFTER it de-activated the transponder.

I also thought I wouldn't be surprised if some countries (China...whatever..) would maybe not release this data instantly (or possibly never(..and here we go...magically after several days where the plane allegedly "vanished" here comes the news that the plane was IN FACT still tracked...so in other words, the transponder was off but passive radar still had it on the screen...and it took several days for this information to be released.

Interestingly, what we're getting now is a plane which seemed to have vanished TWICE...because it "vanished" at the "old" location when it turned off the transponder (and as it seems made a sharp turn to another location after that)...and then still tracked by other radar....just to finally "really" vanish. Obviously, only the PASSIVE radar can really be an indication that the plane really vanished/crashed, when the passive radar lost contact....the other thing was somewhat foolish because a lot of time/money/search operations etc. wasted based on the assumption the plane crashed at location X... when in reality "only" the transponder was switched off. (I say "somewhat" foolish because at first it makes sense to assume that a deactivated transponder MIGHT mean an accident....however they should have better coordinated this earlier and not do a search operation based on assumption..but on REAL data.

Seeing how those nations there are not even able to coordinate their data I start to believe there is a likelihood the plane landed somewhere and we wouldn't know about it either.

""
The air force eventually and totally lost track of the plane over Pulau Perak, a tiny island in the Strait of Malacca -- many hundreds of miles from the usual flight path for aircraft traveling between Kuala Lumpur and Beijing, the official said.

If the data cited by the source is correct (...)
""

Seems they are not even sure about that. What does it mean "they lost track"...this could be interpreted in multiple ways.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   

If the poles reversed. Our Bermuda Triangle off the coat of Florida would be right where the plane disappeared.

You might want to check a map a bit closer on that one.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

The only problem with this report from military is... why revealing it to the the public now? why not earlier?
the military should have better defensive equipment and observation, right?
Did they hide it from the public?

(trivia stuff: this incident happened 1-2 days after they sent their political rival into jail. could they be related?)

peace
edit on 11-3-2014 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Another possibility:

The plane was hijacked because of a particular person or persons on board.
Particular scientists, clandestine agency leadership or political figures could be targeted for a variety of reasons.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Fox has "experts" on right now talking about hacking a 777. According to what one expert is saying, there is a closed network on board. It's potentially vulnerable to someone in the passenger cabin gaining access to electronics throughout the plane. The opposing expert says its unlikely. Both agree there's no explanation about what might have happened. Lots of experts doing a lot of talking but no better theories than what I've read here in ATS.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Well, if every one is looking in one place..they miss what's going on elsewhere..seems pretty convenient.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
my theory .. the plane is in Iran ... Iranian dissidents were on board .. Boeing admitted the plane had a chance of being taken over electronically ...

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Is the Malaysian military absolutely sure that what they tracked flying toward pulau perak in Malacca strait was Malaysia Airlines flight MH370

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
So, they (military) "lost sight" of the aircraft on radar... when it reached one of the main air corridors in and out of Kuala Lumpur... da hell?

(red dots are the two 'locations' roughly, not exact)

It "disappeared" from one air corridor, and then appeared in another (or they tracked a different plane?)... man this is mind boggling.
edit on 11-3-2014 by markymint because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join