It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update: Malaysian military now reveals that the plane reappeared elsewhere

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I wonder whether the families tried using Find My iPhone or iPad (someone aboard surely had an Apple device with this feature turned on)...

If the phone was ringing (and it was really ringing and then it suddenly cut off) ...can a carrier/mobile operator figure out the location?
I mean, is it possible to track the dialing number without the other side answering the phone?

edit on 11-3-2014 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Necrose

While most carriers can pinpoint the last known location of a cell phone when it was turned on they kinda need towers within range. Not to many of those in the open ocean or remote jungles......

Also don't ya guys think that maybe, just maybe professional investigators would have already tried this?
edit on 11-3-2014 by Mamatus because: added

link   
I think I'm just going to settle on hijacked and then shot down. Maybe, at the moment, the PTB are simply trying to come up with a story to justify actions /cover their butts. It would explain the bleeding story with ever changing details.

So much weirdness and it was flying for an hour or more after lost contact...plenty of time to intercept, assess threat and take action.

Maybe the need for secrecy or delay is who or what took out the plane...

link   
reply to post by Necrose

Good question that remains unanswered.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Eagleyedobserver

See my post above... Critical thinking is a skill set.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
If a plane was brought down accidentally by another military aircraft authorities may need some time to clear up the mess they made.

This may be why a plane cannot be found. Its disappeared. What a mystery. Oh wait, there it is, we found it.

I guarantee you it will turn up very soon after all the incriminating evidence has been successfully removed.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Looks like it may have been easy to get access to the cockpit according to this article:

Missing plane: co-pilot smoked, took photos in cockpit

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

oldetimehockey4
I've heard a few say if the plane was hijacked, they could have used 3D printed guns.

Wouldn't the ammunition set off scanners though?

I have not heard that one from anywhere.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

If the phone was ringing(and we do assume it was actually ringing, not just some cellular error), it had at least some signal (coverage), thus there had to be towers within range... am I right?!

That would make the carrier able to pinpoint the location.

Arrh! Information regarding the cell phones and signal and ringing is vague...

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Ianska
Looks like it may have been easy to get access to the cockpit according to this article:

You can make everyone seem suspicious when you dig deep enough...
They are searching for excuses or maybe trying some distraction...

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Necrose
reply to post by Mamatus

If the phone was ringing(and we do assume it was actually ringing, not just some cellular error), it had at least some signal (coverage), thus there had to be towers within range... am I right?!

That would make the carrier able to pinpoint the location.

Arrh! Information regarding the cell phones and signal and ringing is vague...

Out of everyone on the plane, Chinese, Malasians, American, business men employed in the defense and eletronics industry NOT ONE had an Iphone or telefone that the FBI, NSA or whoever couldnt find a signal, switch on a GPS or even the camara days ago.
edit on PM2Tue20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Why didn't they find this out earlier!? its been days! I have an unshakeable feeling they are all still alive, i know it sounds almost impossible though, but i had thought a situation like this was near impossible too.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
What it really comes down to is that there is definitely a lot of things about this that they aren't telling us. This is direct proof of that. 777's don't just "disappear"

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Ianska

I watched that on a current affair last night very interesting although the woman did say she didn't feel unsafe at any time whilst he was flying the plane.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

Well, we need to find out whether the ringing was an actual ringing (therefore it had cellular coverage) or it was just some weird error before it cut off or Voice Mail kicked in ...
In case the aircraft was in tower range and the devices had coverage, that would mean that the ringing was genuine and so further investigation on this subject should be started...

There is still an option, in which the authorities do not want to track those numbers because TPTB decided not to.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I didn't read through everything in here but why would they shoot the plane down if it were hijacked? If it had stayed its course to beijing and got hijacked(in essence trying to pull a 9/11 in beijing) then I could understand them shooting it down. But to think that the plane turned around heading towards nothing that is of real great importance(at least that I can see), then what reason would they have to shoot it down? They don't shoot down hijacked commercial air liners unless it's heading for a specific target, and even then....

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Shana91aus

But does show how easily someone else can get into the cockpit.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

OGOldGreg
What it really comes down to is that there is definitely a lot of things about this that they aren't telling us. This is direct proof of that. 777's don't just "disappear"

Are you calling David Copperfield a liar then??

End of sarcasm..
edit on PM2Tue20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OGOldGreg

Maybe they are trying some new weapons, Well...everyone says "missiles" hit it...actually russians or the U.S. (and even EU) do have some pretty high-tech stuff that we haven't heard of... Who knows?!

And yet, I wonder if this is somehow connected to Ukraine, maybe the US or russians are showing off their arsenal in order to frighten one another.

at this time, it may be anything really

And now as i think about it, i would not be surprised if any time-warp or space-time glitch occured......

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Necrose

somehow i don't see how firing on a seemingly defenseless commercial aircraft and then not releasing anything about it would intimidate anyone. Shooting down a plane and then saying it disappeared does not "show off" anyones arsenal. I'm just really failing to see any logic or reasoning behind this being connected to Ukraine, or Russia, or anything else going on in the world, at least in the way you are describing it. Thats like saying a volcano in alaska erupted because phillip seymour hoffman died.
edit on 11-3-2014 by OGOldGreg because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join