It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underwater Harbors in America...7000 years old, history rewritten, atlantis everywhere?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Spectrumdez

i am really fascinated by matches like manistusu in india and manitou in amerindia, and things like the reeds and basket motif in sargon's name and biography...

I am still trying to digest everything Waddel wrote myself
The cross does tie in well with Waddel's work on the hieroglyphics

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Not just that, but also the 'Celtic Cross' in the image

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

haha
duh
and i looked right at it too

well, thats how to cross the ocean...cargo cult style?

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   

the2ofusr1

There is a recent artificial up on Mysteries.com that is about sheets of Mica buried within Pyramids .As it turns out the mica comes from Brasil .The Celtic cross as a instrument of navigational tool makes more sense then some religious symbol ....S&F .....peace

Sheets of Mica were also found interred with the dead at the mound builder necropolis in Chillicothe Ohio. Not to mention several very Egyptian like artifacts associated with death and life. The ankh, swastika ect.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Danbones,

Well done! This has been one of the best threads I've read. Great research!

For those who doubt that the Phoenicians were Vedic Aryans, go to Wikipedia and look up the name 'Dagon', who was worshipped as a god by the Phoenicians and Canaanites. You will see an entity pictured with the upper body of a man & the lower body of a fish, much like the symbolism used for the Sumerian 'Oannes.'

Now, look up the Vedic deity named 'Matsya' who was supposedly the 'fish god' that saved Manu (the Vedic Noah) from the flood. You will see that Matsya is depicted exactly like Dagon; a deity with the upper body of a man and the lower body of a fish. Dagon and Matsya appear to be one and the same. Dagon was also called a grain god. In other words, the Phoenician "fish god" was involved in the marine trade of grains.

The ancient Matsya tribe of India was a tribe of fishermen and mariners that goes back to very early times. As "deity" they appear to be part of the original god conglomerate known as 'Varuna', the god of the sea. Varuna is probably India's oldest deity and likely dates back to the Ice Age; a time when most people lived along coastlines and depended upon the sea as their major source of food.

In later Vedic writings, Matsya was "absorbed" by Vishnu who is made to absorb any deity of importance. This habit of "absorbing" other gods was also used in Egypt, where Ra absorbed the names of at least 75 other deities. Babylon's god, Marduk, followed suit and absorbed the names of 50 other gods. In my own research I have found that it's a pretty safe bet that whenever we see deities "absorbing" other gods, the gods doing the absorbing can be traced back to ancient India.

The Greeks renamed Varuna and called him 'Poseidon,' who was renamed as 'Neptune' by the Romans.

If there is anyone who still doubts that Ice Age people were perfectly capable of navigating the sea, they need to read the following article which proves that ancient man was going "deep-sea fishing" for tuna fish as early as 42,000 years ago!

news.discovery.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Riddles

If there is anyone who still doubts that Ice Age people were perfectly capable of navigating the sea, they need to read the following article which proves that ancient man was going "deep-sea fishing" for tuna fish as early as 42,000 years ago!

news.discovery.com...

A friend of mine who has spent quite a bit of time in Timor l'Este (working on the geology) has told me that there are places where the 'drop off' into the trench is so steep that the locals can catch 'deep sea' fish from the rocks...so maybe the maritime skills were unnecessary?
Just giving you some additional facts

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

aorAki

A friend of mine who has spent quite a bit of time in Timor l'Este (working on the geology) has told me that there are places where the 'drop off' into the trench is so steep that the locals can catch 'deep sea' fish from the rocks...so maybe the maritime skills were unnecessary?
Just giving you some additional facts

Well, I'm glad your friend can catch deep sea fish while standing on rocks. However there is a problem with your analogy. The archaeological find I sited is 42,000 years old. Therefore nothing about the present geology of that area is the same.

For starters, the ocean levels today are at least 400 feet higher than they were during the last Ice Age. And secondly, due the horrendous volcanic activity of the area, the sea floor of the region changes often and radically due to underwater magma streams, earthquakes and significant sea-floor spreading.

It's wise to remember that ancient Sundaland and New Guinea occupy the most geologically active region on the face of the earth.

That said, during the last Ice Age, that region also qualified as "the best real estate on earth." Not many places on earth could qualify as an Ice Age paradise, but that region could. Compared to the rest of the Ice Age world, Sundaland's climate would have been heaven.

edit on 29-3-2014 by Riddles because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Riddles

Granted, to a degree.
It does show the possibility, however.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Riddles

excellent info ..off to do some reading
i really feel that the truth is in the symbols as you have so well illustrated

its the stuff all you and all the other posters have added that makes this thread

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   

On the shores of Lake Titicaca, the primary water source for the Tiauanaco region, archeologists found a unique stone dish named Fuente Magna. The amazing fact about this artifact is that its covered in proto sumerian writing. Why is this shocking? Because the two civilzations are divided by almost 5,000 miles, a vast ocean, and lack of technological ability to build vessels capable of crossing the ocean. In addition, the ancient Sumerian language was not used in this pre-columbian civilization. So, how did it get there, and why was it so highly regarded that is appears on pottery of the time? When Spanish Explorers landed in Bolivia, the inhabitants of the Tiauanaco region thought the gods of Viracocha had returned. Their oral traditions described the gods as having light skin and reddish hair. The Spanish explorers had lighter skin than the columbians and wore shiny armor and arrived in large ships that had never been known to these people. Did ancient aliens that had lighter skin and reddish hair visit this area and build the monuments present with advanced tools? The evidence points to this as the most likely explanation.

www.theancientaliens.com...#!puma-punku/cs2i
not to mention the underwater constructions

well, if that don't tear it

courtesy of a thread by Kanutruth (thanks lol)
edit on Thuam4b20144America/Chicago17 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   

The Antikythera Mechanism (as it has been titled) is believed to be the first computer ever invented since it is the oldest complex calculator created in ancient times. This device is an astronomical calculator that accurately tracks the movements of the sun and moon and predicts eclipses, lunar cycles and seasons. It is important to understand that this device was amazingly advanced for its time. It was so advanced that no other device with similarities in mathematics and engineering was invented for over another 1000 years when a much simpler and much larger eight-geared lunar/solar calculator was built into an astrolabe by Al-Biruni. (The pager compared to the iPhone.)

www.theancientaliens.com...#!untitled/cz7
here is another thing that adds to the likelihood that the cross was such a major instrument- this knowledge goes hand and hand with it.

an artist's conception...which corresponds to the the face of the cross..which also hints at all the different connections to the knights templar, and the phonecians etc and sea trading in and out of the Mediterranean back in the day

it also occurs to me that you would maybe be using these navigational skills to cross deserts via caravan as well as seas via ship

edit on Thuam4b20144America/Chicago24 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Danbones

On the shores of Lake Titicaca, the primary water source for the Tiauanaco region, archeologists found a unique stone dish named Fuente Magna. The amazing fact about this artifact is that its covered in proto sumerian writing. Why is this shocking? Because the two civilzations are divided by almost 5,000 miles, a vast ocean, and lack of technological ability to build vessels capable of crossing the ocean. In addition, the ancient Sumerian language was not used in this pre-columbian civilization. So, how did it get there, and why was it so highly regarded that is appears on pottery of the time? When Spanish Explorers landed in Bolivia, the inhabitants of the Tiauanaco region thought the gods of Viracocha had returned. Their oral traditions described the gods as having light skin and reddish hair. The Spanish explorers had lighter skin than the columbians and wore shiny armor and arrived in large ships that had never been known to these people. Did ancient aliens that had lighter skin and reddish hair visit this area and build the monuments present with advanced tools? The evidence points to this as the most likely explanation.

www.theancientaliens.com...#!puma-punku/cs2i
not to mention the underwater constructions

well, if that don't tear it

courtesy of a thread by Kanutruth (thanks lol)
edit on Thuam4b20144America/Chicago17 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

Since we know that the Sumerians, i.e. the tribe of Anu, came out of the Punjab region of India prior to arriving in Sumer, that "proto-Sumerian" language spoken of can also likely be called "proto-Dravidian" or "proto-Sanskrit."

If you really want to get an eyeful about how advanced the marine culture was in ancient India, check out this link. I promise, it'll keep you busy reading for some time…

www.hinduwisdom.info...

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Here is another link, and this one deals primarily with the evidence suggesting that ancient India made it to Peru and Central America. There is much info on the internet these days that supports it.

www.hinduwisdom.info...

For my money, it's no longer a mystery why so many of the Aztec & Mayan (etc.) sites appear so similar to those found in Southern India and the Indonesian Islands.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Riddles

no wonder Columbus called them Indians, its beginning to look less ans less like a "mistake" and more like an informed opinion

upon reading your hindu link
lots going on there...thank you
edit on Thupm4b20144America/Chicago19 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Manu Smriti, the oldest law book in the world,

www.hinduwisdom.info...

according to L.A. Waddell; manu..menes.. manistusu... manitou

The Panis in the Vedas and later classical literature were the merchant class who were the pioneers and who dared to set their course from unknown lands and succeeded in throwing bridges between many and diverse nations. The Phoenicians were no other than the Panis of the Rig Veda. They were called Phoeni in Latin which is very similar to the Sanskrit Pani.

edit on Thupm4b20144America/Chicago10 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Though that site is just loaded (go to their contents page) with tons of good information, and the person running the web site has taken great pains to source their material, it comes across to me as extremely Indo-Centric. But I've lurked on enough Hindu forums over the years to know that most people in India are just that way.

Aside from definitely having the most advanced maritime culture in the ancient world, wisdom dictates that we remember that they were also one of the most war-like nations in all of antiquity. They would go in and colonize an area but if the indigenous people refused to accept them as gods, those people were either unceremoniously killed or demonized. And sadly, this happened over and over again.

All around the world, people were made to worship Vedic deities who disguised themselves by changing their names. That fact alone has resulted in so much confusion about ancient history it's just unbelievable.

Vedic people today are pretty defensive about their history but I guess that is understandable. They certainly still resent it, big time, that England ever tried to colonize their country. And for sure, they resent the Christian Missionaries that tried to push Christianity onto their people.

Yet at the same time they are so proud of it that they went in and colonized other nations and spread the belief in their gods far and wide.

For a nation that preaches karmic law, so far, in my estimation they just don't seem to "get it."

India is the nation that during the last Ice Age occupied one of the only places on the entire earth where fruits and vegetables still grew in abundance, who for thousands of years literally "demonized" people in other parts of the world for eating meat.

Somehow that just doesn't sit right with me...

edit on 3-4-2014 by Riddles because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-4-2014 by Riddles because: Typos. It's always typos

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Riddles

the colonization boogie;
A theme i have noticed is that the core rulership seems to inhabit and then abandon areas and peoples as their usefulness crests and wanes...
That's part of the theme expressed by Waddell too, then after that you get the cargo cult diety worship where quite often usurpers take over the god biz on the local level and then that later morphs into the next version of worship as that culture goes through the cycle of rise and fall...

As I stated earlier I think those rulership bloodlines are still with us..
hiding behind the cargo cult paradys of the original beings the "gods" we have now are modeled on

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Exactly! Look at what is going on in the present-day world as the result of the so called "Fair Trade" acts. Because of those acts, the elite of all nations around the world have grouped together to control trade in every nation.

Today's "cargo cults" still rule the world, and today they act as men with allegiances to no particular country. They choose poor nations to do the manufacturing and sell the goods to the richer nations. When the people of poor nations begin to demand higher wages for their labor, the cargo cult mentality drops them and moves on to another disadvantaged nation.

In the end, the people's right to self-determination has been usurped by those who run the trade system. And that whole system is run by the bloodlines who, in previous ages were the "royals" who ruled as kings and princes.

It's really kind of spooky that today India and China control most manufacturing and trade. The whole thing has gone full circle, right back to the same nations that started and ran the cargo cults of deep antiquity.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Hmmmm. It's just occurred to me that the act of demonizing people for eating meat (for religious reasons, we are told) in reality only gave the cargo cults more power, because they were the ones trading grain.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Atlantis sunk between the East coast of the U.S. and Africa. It was a huge landmass that allowed easier travel between the two places. When it sunk, the two regions were separated by the now Atlantic ocean. This is why a Sphinx was found near Bimini Road. This was an extension of the African/Egyptian/Atlantian empire. There are at least three sunken continents that I know of. They are Kumari-Kandam (Indian Ocean) Lemuria/Mu (Pacific Ocean), and Atlantis (Atlantic Ocean).

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join