It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underwater Harbors in America...7000 years old, history rewritten, atlantis everywhere?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Oannes

well, often around here you read the phrase "pics or it didn't happen"
so i put up some pics to save the thousand words a pop

if you have some pics or links that can bring those ideas to life it would be interesting to see them

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

since i like doing artsy stuff

I have the cross isolated and the hand removed:

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

not bad BFFT

i admire good photo manips...not my strong point
its nice to see the whole cross and to realize what a work of art it really is

that cross is just one version...the hand held celtic version
earlier in the thread is a version that was probably used more for big construction...
it has the plumb on it and an exponential scale like a slide rule
which I'm now wondering if they had

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

The first group of Algonkin that the French encountered were the Kichesipirini who, because their village was located on an island in the Ottawa River, were called "La Nation de l'Ilse." At first, Algonkin was used only for a second group, the Weskarini. However, by 1615 the name was applied to all of the Algonkin bands living along the Ottawa River.

tolatsga.org...
from a link supplied by 2ofusare1
tolatsga.org...

there is that word Kiche again...

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

VI. -- HESUS OF THE CELTIC DRUIDS CRUCIFIED, 834 B.C.

Mr. Higgins informs us that the Celtic Druids represent their God Hesus as having been crucified with a lamb on one side and an elephant on the other, and that this occurred long before the Christian era. Also that a representation of it may now be seen upon "the fire-tower of Brechin."
In this symbolical representation of the crucifixion, the elephant, being the largest animal known, was chosen to represent the magnitude of the sins of the world, while the lamb, from its proverbial innocent nature, was chosen to represent the innocency of the victim (the God offered as a propitiatory sacrifice). And thus we have "the Lamb of God taking away the sins of the world" -- symbolical language used with respect to the offering of Jesus Christ. And here is indicated very clearly the origin of the figure. It is evidently borrowed from the Druids. We have the statement of the above writer that this legend was found amongst the Canutes of Gaul long before Jesus Christ was known to history. (See Anac. vol. ii. p. 130.)

VII. -- QUEXALCOTE OF MEXICO CRUCIFIED, 587 B.C.

Historical authority, relative to the crucifixion of this Mexican God, and to his execution upon the cross as a propitiatory sacrifice for the sins of mankind, is explicit, unequivocal and ineffaceable. The evidence is tangible, and indelibly engraven upon steel and metal plates. One of these plates represents him as having been crucified on a mountain; another represents him as having been crucified in the heavens, as St. Justin tells us Christ was. According to another writer, he is sometimes represented as having been nailed to a cross, and by other accounts as hanging with a cross in his hand. The "Mexican Antiquities" (vol. vi. p. 166) says, "Quexalcote is represented in the paintings of 'Codex Borgianus' as nailed to the cross." Sometimes two thieves are represented as having been crucified with him.
That the advent of this crucified Savior and Mexican God was long anterior to the era of Christ, is admitted by Christian writers, as we have shown elsewhere. In the work above named "Codex Borgianus," may be found the account, not only of his crucifixion, but of his death, burial, descent into hell, and resurrection on the third day. And another work, entitled "Codex Vaticanus," contains the story of his immaculate birth by a virgin mother by the name of Chimalman.

Many other incidences are found related of him in his sacred biography, in which we find the most striking counterparts to the more modern gospel story of Jesus Christ, such as his forty days' temptation and fasting, his riding on an ass, his purification in the temple, his baptism and regeneration by water, his forgiving of sins, being anointed with oil, etc. "All these things, and many more, found related of this Mexican God in their sacred books," says Lord Kingsborough (a Christian writer), "are curious and mysterious." (See the books above cited.)

infidels.org...
well, more connections

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

In this symbolical representation of the crucifixion, the elephant, being the largest animal known, was chosen to represent the magnitude of the sins of the world, while the lamb, from its proverbial innocent nature, was chosen to represent the innocency of the victim (the God offered as a propitiatory sacrifice). And thus we have "the Lamb of God taking away the sins of the world" -- symbolical language used with respect to the offering of Jesus Christ. And here is indicated very clearly the origin of the figure. It is evidently borrowed from the Druids. We have the statement of the above writer that this legend was found amongst the Canutes of Gaul long before Jesus Christ was known to history. (See Anac. vol. ii. p. 130.)
reply to post by Danbones

Hi Danbones,

The concept behind "the Lamb of God" appears to be far older than even your Druid citation.

In ancient Hittite texts which are thought to be copies of even older Hurrian/Anatolian texts, the phrase "In it lies the gentle message of the Lamb" appears in at least two different texts.

The Hittites usurped the lands of the original Anatolians sometime around 2300 BCE, but the Anatolians go back to Ice Age times. The Hurrians seem to be about all that is officially left of the old Anatolian people in the Middle East, and their modern-day descendants are generally thought to be the Kurds.

That being said, your post seems to suggest a connection between the Old Anatolians and the Druids. It truly makes me wonder if at least some Anatolians didn't escape into Europe when the Hittites invaded.

The Kurds and their Hurrian ancestors are thought to have lived in the mountainous parts of Eastern Anatolia, while the Hittites are generally thought to have arrived from the direction of Turkmenistan, east of the Caspian Sea. Some historians like A. Sayce maintained that the Hittites were a mixed race of Caucasians and Mongolians. Really, it could be true!

If you go to YouTube and do a search on "Blond haired, blue eyed Mongolians" you'll find a number of videos showing Blond, blue-eyed people with the typical Mongolian slant to their eyes. Ultimately, I think Sayce might have been correct about who the Hittites were.

In any event, I've been searching for what happened to the Caucasian people that originally lived in western and central Anatolia. Your post seems to suggest that at least some of them may have ended up in western Europe.

The connection seems even stronger if we compare the circular temple structures found at Gobekli Tepe with the circular ground plan of Stonehenge.

What say you?
edit on 8-4-2014 by Riddles because:

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Riddles

i think the whole sumerian and most everyone elses basically creation story myth comes out of anatolia after the flood(s)

definitely Anatolia is a key place..."An" being heaven in sumerian, i think at least in the sumerian dictionary i have
the indo-european languages and agriculture, monoliths...many things disseminated from there
there is evidence for that all through this thread...

i wonder - your hybrid blue eyed mongolians sound like the interbreeding myth annunaki and nephilim and man
as do the celts etc too...those cultures that had the cross...

i think that there were several catastrophic events from the ice age till 1500 bc maybe and the store of civilization was in anatolia
the royal blue bloods, the goth, aryan, master race so called, bump started civilization in various places from there

we know gobeki tepe dates back to 12000 ybn and i think the word teepee matches tepe -low hill for example
there is the proto sumerian bowl in tiajuanaco red haired white people in florida at what was it 5000 ybn
the hopi and the blue katsina star people and that big underground ant people city in that area...
then there is the dna map that connects all these places together....

some thing i posted on another thread the igi and the igibi (numbers and their reciprocals ) and the igigi
( those that stand and watch,...sitchens orbiting spacemen - the watchers... )
actually end up being the ( possibly Abrahamic ) priest class accountants and scribes who did the tallying and taxes...

its late, more tommorow
very good post there Riddles

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Ancient Mystery of AMERICAN CORN MAIZE In Babylon & Egypt

Contrary to popular belief, maize (or corn) was NOT a strictly American plant before the time period of Columbus and his voyage, as cultures were crossing the oceans LONG before that with crop seeds, such as maize itself. Other varieties of maize existed as well that we are not familiar with today, such as a strain that grew ears of corn in a more pine cone shape than the long pointed ears of corn we see most of the time today.
*****Special NOTE *****
Many times you will see alien hype sales artists call the PINE CONE SHAPED EARS OF CORN in Sumerian artwork "pineal gland imagery" which is complete non sense. They do NOT even know they are looking at ears of corn, and NOT real pine cones or pineal gland imagery. This also explains why the Sumerians, Babylonians, Egyptians, and others used this corn imagery attached to some of their highest deities, as it was portraying the deity providing life to the people through the crops they grew that allowed them to survive. Most creator "gods" from various cultures were seen as creating all life, and then giving that to their human creation for sustenance.
www.youtube.com...

just a little more evidence to go with the coc aine and the tobacco traces found in apparently lots of mummies

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Amazing - CHRISTIAN TEMPLAR STYLE CROSS ON SOUTH AMERICAN STATUE

This is used under FAIR USE for educational and research purposes only***** David Hatcher Childress features a little known mystery spot on a volcanic island in Nicaragua, known as Zapatera Island / Zapetara Volcano. This place has clear evidence of ancient megaliths and destroyed temples, along with some VERY STRANGE statues that were found on the island, with many of them being kept currently in the museum featured here in the clip. There is 100 % CLEAR evidence of some sort of cross symbolism, is it related to the ancient crosses of B.C. times such as the ones used in Babylon, or to the much more current ones used by the Templars, Roman Christians, and such ????
www.youtube.com...

well, here is the cross again...described as a templar cross

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Upper Palaeolithic Siberian genome reveals dual ancestry of Native Americans...
...The origins of the First Americans remain contentious. Although Native Americans seem to be genetically most closely related to east Asians1, 2, 3, there is no consensus with regard to which specific Old World populations they are closest to4, 5, 6, 7, 8. Here we sequence the draft genome of an approximately 24,000-year-old individual (MA-1), from Mal’ta in south-central Siberia9, to an average depth of 1×. To our knowledge this is the oldest anatomically modern human genome reported to date.

The MA-1 mitochondrial genome belongs to haplogroup U, which has also been found at high frequency among Upper Palaeolithic and Mesolithic European hunter-gatherers10, 11, 12, and the Y chromosome of MA-1 is basal to modern-day western Eurasians and near the root of most Native American lineages5. Similarly, we find autosomal evidence that MA-1 is basal to modern-day western Eurasians and genetically closely related to modern-day Native Americans, with no close affinity to east Asians. This suggests that populations related to contemporary western Eurasians had a more north-easterly distribution 24,000 years ago than commonly thought.

Furthermore, we estimate that 14 to 38% of Native American ancestry may originate through gene flow from this ancient population. This is likely to have occurred after the divergence of Native American ancestors from east Asian ancestors, but before the diversification of Native American populations in the New World. Gene flow from the MA-1 lineage into Native American ancestors could explain why several crania from the First Americans have been reported as bearing morphological characteristics that do not resemble those of east Asians2, 13.

Sequencing of another south-central Siberian, Afontova Gora-2 dating to approximately 17,000 years ago14, revealed similar autosomal genetic signatures as MA-1, suggesting that the region was continuously occupied by humans throughout the Last Glacial Maximum. Our findings reveal that western Eurasian genetic signatures in modern-day Native Americans derive not only from post-Columbian admixture, as commonly thought, but also from a mixed ancestry of the First Americans.
www.nature.com...

hmmmm... a little more proof...of ancient contact across the atlantic
edit on Sunam4b20144America/Chicago31 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   
nice. (didn't wade through all 12 pages but did concentrate on the info presented in the OP and other comments on the 1st page, arriving here just in time, now where's the c.caine & hot mummies?)

got wind of this & drifted in from a link in this topic (pine cone symbolism)
this is really nice, now those celestial aspects of the celtic cross take on an actual whole new earthly dimension.

what i see in the wall mural (other topic) is part of a ritual, an exchange (celebration? and union) between two different kinds. i always wondered if corn (& oil, and other stuff) might end up involved in it all somehow, thanks again.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Before Columbus:Black Explorers of the New World
Negroid skulls and skeletons have also been found throughout the New World. Polish professor Andrzej Wiercinski has revealed the discovery of African skulls at Olmec sites in Tlatilco, Cerro de las Mesas and Monte Alban. Furthermore, very ancient African skeletons have been unearth in California, Mexico, Central and South America.

The best evidence of the Black presence in America before Columbus comes from the pen of the "great discoverer" himself. In his Journal of the Second Voyage, Columbus reported that when he reached Haiti the native Americans told him that black-skinned people had come from the south and southeast in boats, trading in gold-tipped medal spears. At least a dozen other European explorers, including Vasco Nunez de Balboa, also reported seeing or hearing of "Negroes" when they reached the New World.
www.rense.com...

now we have africans here as well...pre colombus

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: UNIT76
Thanks for dropping by Unit
I just came a cross an interview with an author on a radio show, so I am adding stuff on the fly as it is being brought up.
This whole thread is an exploration...most of it is stuff I didn't know myself till I did this thread

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Danbones

..if only those giant olmec heads could speak *wink*
a bit like how that celtic cross suddenly got a new hearing

but at some point, i'm hoping someone with a lot more patience than i could ever muster, will stop by & politely point out how all this info coming out of places like rense is like following a trail of professionally laid breadcrumbs

i'm certainly not saying all these structures & ruins & von daniken amusement parks don't actually exist
/adjusts tinfoil hat very tight
i'm just casually saying something about the potential to be hoodwinked by the ideologies behind it, off the cuff like ..disseminating all this info.. all this fresh, gooey, sticky...
..fwiw, i think rense is on his 8th or 9th wife now? (something like that, that mackow guy might know more) i think rense is another one of these controlled info hubs, selling those berkey water filters and so on
they should just rename them fusion centre call-in shows, and give prizes for narking on family members
/wanders off to bake a celtic-cross shaped cake

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
ah rense is ok, especially compared to the msn, often his main guest is ATS's own Jim Mars
www.abovetopsecret.com...
the thing is he displays other authors and does interviews, so most stuff there is not necessarily his own view point

oddly enough the goth aryans were hitlers master race...GOTHa... and Jim Mars being quite the nazi historian

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
here is a summery of the history of florida...
much more detail at link

Paleoindian Period (15,000 - 9,500 B.C.)

The earliest dates confirming the human occupation of Florida dates to approximately 15,500 B.C. and lasted until 9,500 B.C. (Table 1). During this period, Florida was twice the size it is today with sea levels 60 to 100 m (197-328 ft) lower, exposing large areas of the continental shelf. The east coast of Florida was as much as 60 km (37 mi) further east than at present and overall the environment of Florida was considerably drier than it is today.

Sea level changes have covered up land that was occupied by Paleoindians and archaeological investigation of these sites has been restricted to those located in the interior uplands.

Archaic Period (9500-3000 B.C.)

Site types include base camps, shell middens, and special purpose camps, i.e. hunting camps, quarries and cemeteries. Sites are found on the major rivers or near small streams, ponds and sinkholes. They also occur on the coast albeit infrequently. Shell Mounds along the St. John's River, composed of freshwater shellfish, animal bones, pottery and features indicative of habitation such as hearths, storage pits, and postholes, have been identified that date from 6,000 years ago.

Early Archaic Period (9,500-7,000 B.C.)

The Archaic began with a large-scale change in the environment. During the middle to late Paleoindian Period wide-scale melting of the ice sheets covering the northern latitudes of the planet caused the sea levels to rise and inundate large areas. Water levels continued to rise steadily, and by 8,000 years ago were close to present day.

Middle Archaic Period (7,000-5,500 B.C.)

sea levels had raised a total of 26 m (85 ft) and the coastal margins became more productive.

Late Archaic Period (5,000-3,000 B.C.)

These are located along estuaries, beaches, and the mouths of rivers...
...The Orange Period is associated with the end of the Late Archaic and lasted from 3,000 to 1,000 years B.C. It is the first ceramic culture of Central Florida and is typified by fiber tempered and hand-molded pottery. There is an increase in the utilization of shallow dwelling fish, pond snails and mussels in the freshwater marshes.

www.nbbd.com...

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
www.rense.com...
here is a nice tour of the underground city which I stated earlier I think
may be connected to the ant people in the hopi blue star kachina creation myth

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Danbones
www.rense.com...
here is a nice tour of the underground city which I stated earlier I think
may be connected to the ant people in the hopi blue star kachina creation myth

Wow Dan those are some of the best pics of that place I've ever seen.Very nice. When I consider the existence of the myth of the ant people, it makes me wonder if perhaps, somewhere in the American west, there might be a similar city, Lost and forgotten in the mists of time. After all there usually is a kernal of truth at the center of most myths.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Danbones

Underwater Harbors in America

This site is a review of evidence that will forever change the history of North America, shifting our view from what we think we know about America to a whole new and radically different perspective of pre-historic civilizations on the North American continent.

I personally don't see how the cross is relevant to this thread, but, I just wanted you to realize that when the above happens, nobody is going to care that we told them so and we were right. They still aren't going to give us any credit for working so hard to figure out the truth before those who lied tell more lies and act like they did nothing wrong.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: greyer

navigation is key to travel across a vast expanse
measurement, "straight, square, plumb, and level" is the key to building
telling time is key to civilization
you may have an antykithera device but you would need something like the working cross to take advantage of the information it generates
a proper translation of the cross as a symbol changes the narrative of the history of the western world considerably

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join