It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Apparently, this Malaysia Airlines 777 is the same aircraft that collided with a China Eastern Airlines A340 on the tarmac while taxiing at Shanghai Pudong International Airport in 2012.

While both were damaged and did not continue their schedules, that doesn't mean that is related to what happened to MH370.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I wish everyone on that flight, and their families, all the best and hope they are alive and well.

I work in the industry and with Malaysia Airlines very closely so this is quite shocking.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I'm not sure about that drop. Other tracking sites don't show any altitude fluctuation prior to it suddenly disappearing. The radar anomalies could be due to the range at the time. It was just leaving radar coverage when it disappeared, and at that range it could appear to descend, when the reality is that it hasn't. The ADS-b data that I glanced at didn't show a drop of any kind.

It's being reported that the ELT has been heard 20 nm south of the Vietnamese coast.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
If it fell over the thick jungles of Vietnam, then it will delay the discovery of where it went down. I have a question. In this day and age, I would expect our U.S. satellites to be able to rapidly/exactly pinpoint by GPS where this plane ended up. Since spy agencies can gather data from anyone and anywhere, then where is the info?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Just speculation on my part however -

No mayday calls

No communication of difficulty of any sort

I would guess that whatever did happen was quite sudden and while this may not rule anything out it tends to point to some scenarios as more likely than others.

I haven't read this whole thread so I am unsure if anyone has mentioned the Asian Triangle similar to the Bermuda Triangle accept exactly on the other side of the world.

More likely I would say either complete electronic failure (possibly due to the whole Triangle phenomenom) thus not allowing any communications or the worst case scenario of some sort of manmade disaster - bomb - shot down - pilot suicide.

I pray for those lost as well as their families and hope that whatever happened was fast and without pain.

link   
reply to post by Leonidas

That's exactly what I'm talking about with the maintenance history. Theoretically, there could have been more damage than expected found and a big repair took place. I'm not saying that's what happened here, but without that data, there's no way to say what happened yet.

link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by Leonidas

If that's the case then they would have been relying on waypoint check calls to know where it was.

On the B777 coordinates update is sent at short intervals through ACARS.
This was especially designed for the 777 from the start.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Kratos40
If it fell over the thick jungles of Vietnam, then it will delay the discovery of where it went down. I have a question. In this day and age, I would expect our U.S. satellites to be able to rapidly/exactly pinpoint by GPS where this plane ended up. Since spy agencies can gather data from anyone and anywhere, then where is the info?

Good point.

Can't the NSA trace a few of the passengers cell phones and share the info?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Kratos40

It went down at sea. That means a huge area to search, and floating debris fields tend to be scattered over huge areas. There also has to be a satellite that travels over that area, unless they want to burn fuel repositioning one.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Ivar_Karlsen

Which is pretty much the same thing. ACARS sends a report though, instead of the pilots radioing their position, like so many other planes do.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

csulli456

No mayday calls

I would guess that whatever did happen was quite sudden and while this may not rule anything out it tends to point to some scenarios as more likely than others.

I haven't read this whole thread so I am unsure if anyone has mentioned the Asian Triangle similar to the Bermuda Triangle accept exactly on the other side of the world.

More likely I would say either complete electronic failure (possibly due to the whole Triangle phenomenom) thus not allowing any communications or the worst case scenario of some sort of manmade disaster - bomb - shot down - pilot suicide.

I pray for those lost as well as their families and hope that whatever happened was fast and without pain.

The Gulf of Thailand is nowhere near the so-called "devil's triangle" you are referring to.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Why am i not suprised by this news. It was bound to happen. Although i do feel sorry for the poor souls on that plane.

If only people knew how corrupt MAS really is then they wouldn't be as shocked.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by f0xbat

could you please elaborate for us simple folk.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Leonidas

csulli456

No mayday calls

The Gulf of Thailand is nowhere near the so-called "devil's triangle" you are referring to.

Thanks - couldn't remember the name.

Just looked it up and correct you are as the Triangle is just south of Japan.

Couldn't help but wonder with this unknown loss.

All things still point to this being sudden and immediate - as to whatever did happen.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by thesaneone

Here's a link i found that might give a broader picture of not only the Airline but the behind the scene. As far as i know, MAS is partly owned by the government, massively corrupt and racist government. The Airline itself has been running on massive loss year after year. Yet the government keeps pumping money to MAS to keep it afloat. For what reason, i have no idea. So what we have an airline that should have gone bankrupt years ago and yet the paper pushers keep getting more and more cash. Where does that leave money for maintenance of the planes? I have personally flown on MAS once and that was more than enough for me to never fly MAS ever. They just don't maintain the planes regularly like their neighbour Singapore.
edit on 7-3-2014 by f0xbat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
BBC just had a report showing the families being taken from the Beijing airport to a local hotel to meet with "Crisis Councillors".

Read into that what you will. It could just be protecting them from over-curious reporters etc. at the terminal.

What a horrible thing to wake-up to. Think of grumbling about having to go and get your parents, kids or friends from the airport at 6:30 in the morning, only to realize what has likely happened.

One thing I find curious in this day and age is how each country's broadcasters talk about how many of their citizens are on the plane. Like somehow an American, Thai or Chinese life is more or less precious than the next. Along the same lines, the need to distinguish infants from the rest.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   

f0xbat
reply to post by thesaneone

Here's a link i found that might give a broader picture of not only the Airline but the behind the scene. As far as i know, MAS is partly owned by the government, massively corrupt and racist government. The Airline itself has been running on massive loss year after year. Yet the government keeps pumping money to MAS to keep it afloat. For what reason, i have no idea. So what we have an airline that should have gone bankrupt years ago and yet the paper pushers keep getting more and more cash. Where does that leave money for maintenance of the planes? I have personally flown on MAS once and that was more than enough for me to never fly MAS ever. They just don't maintain the planes regularly like their neighbour Singapore.
edit on 7-3-2014 by f0xbat because: (no reason given)

Passenger jets aren't sold like cars. Boeing doesn't just toss you the keys and tell you to come back for free oil-change. Especially with a low-cycle 777.

Airplane parts pay little attention to racism, unless you are suggesting that they somehow conspire to only let "the dirty 'other'" on the plane, then suggesting racism has anything to do with it indicates a prejudice not on their parts, but your own.

So you had a bad flight on MAS. By that standard, there is not an airline on the planet worth stepping onto. I have had my worst and best experiences on the same airline, so what does that say about it?

Your statement that "They just don't maintain the planes regularly like their neighbour Singapore" stinks of the orifice it was pulled from.

Close to 300 people are likely dead and died in a horrifying fashion. That is the issue.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Other than catastrophic failure or act of terror......
Is there any chance of some other thing to bring it down?
China has been flexing its muscles lately, and how about some screw up in a Vietnamese SAM battery (if they even still have them.....)
Whats the chances of this being anything more than a sad tradgedy that sometimes happens to airplanes kind of naturally?
just sayin

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
=(

Vietnamese Navy has Confirmed plane crashed into Ocean

edit on 2014pAmerica/Chicago3111ppm by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

stirling
Other than catastrophic failure or act of terror......
Is there any chance of some other thing to bring it down?
China has been flexing its muscles lately, and how about some screw up in a Vietnamese SAM battery (if they even still have them.....)
Whats the chances of this being anything more than a sad tradgedy that sometimes happens to airplanes kind of naturally?
just sayin

So, just to be clear, are you speculating that a Malaysian airliner was targeted by "China haters" in Vietnam that have access to weapons from a war that ended forty years ago?

Just askin'

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join