It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

This is so odd to me. It's one thing for religious extremists to target one ideological group of societies (the western democratic ones) because they can try to pander to the others (the not-so-democratic east).

I'm becoming increasingly baffled by the religiously-driven attacks in China (by Muslim extremists). Won't this eventually lead to both sides of the classic Cold War era rivalries to come down on you as a whole? They won't have many friends left if they keep this up.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Not necessarily. Once they pass out of radar contact after departure then it's up to the plane to report their position. They may have had an idea sonething happened, but until they were supposed to be closer to land and in radar range there was no way to be 100% sure.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Only speculation on my part, but the lack of any reports of the plane being spotted on land may suggest it's gone down somewhere in the South China Sea.. It's looking grim for those onboard.

edit on 7-3-2014 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

OK..lol. sorry..

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Meditationplus

The airline issued the missing statement. FR24 is a good site, but use predictive flight paths at times.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

So that blue line on the map is where their radar contact ended?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by onehuman

Not necessarily. Once they pass out of radar contact after departure then it's up to the plane to report their position. They may have had an idea sonething happened, but until they were supposed to be closer to land and in radar range there was no way to be 100% sure.

I have NO idea how air traffic works but if there is standard communications throughout the flight does that mean that ensuring there is no collisions is relying sole on the heading, altitude and speed that is requested once fully air born?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Some useful info in this CCN article, as much as some people may cry its the MSM...

Plane missing

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Posted this in the thread started by a mod. Guess they didn't see this thread had started. Would like to know -

I was under the impression there was a "radar net" that pretty much captured all commercial flights above a certain elevation. The reporting of this is rather odd the way they're describing it. I guess I'm not being clear, but they made it seems as if they didn't hear from the flight crew to tell them where they are, they would not know where the plane was in it's flight path. That doesn't seem correct to me. I though a computer tracked the radar signature of these flight paths continually?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I have to say it's odd the MSM is talking about the Air France flight. That was a suspect incident and many believe it was shot down by "friendly fire" of US vessels during a training exercise.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MALBOSIA

They are still in radio communications, just not under flight following with radar. Traffic going in opposite directions are assigned different altitudes (East gets an even altitude, West gets an odd altitude type setup). They also have TCAS to warn of traffic.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
This is the airliners direct page they are supposed to be posting regular updates too aswell.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Air France was weather related. The pitot tubes froze and they stalled after losing external references.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Is there a place to see the exact flight path? I may not know what I am talking about, but 2 hours in, shouldnt they still be over land? Wouldnt someone have noted a crash or out of place landing by now if that was the case?

Also, I am eerily reminded of the show Lost.

Edit: Never mind, I was thinking it was coming from Beijing not going to.
edit on 7/3/2014 by Britx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by Bilk22

Air France was weather related. The pitot tubes froze and they stalled after losing external references.
I guess I was confusing that with the flight incident off of the coast of Long Island back in the 90s.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

I accidently posted in the other thread, so I am here now.... not much news out there yet....doesn't look good, that's for sure.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
And so begins the muddled reports by the MSM.

China’s state news agency is reporting that the Malaysia Airlines aircraft has lost contact over Vietam while an unconfirmed report on a flight tracking website said the aircraft had plunged 200m and changed course shortly before all contact was lost.

www.perthnow.com.au... 860442

At least they say its unconfirmed.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

FR24 is showing the last signal just off the coast after departure.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
LINK

Meanwhile, unconfirmed reports are saying that the Beijing-bound flight was forced to make an emergency landing at Nanning in China. - See more at: www.themalaymailonline.com...

Not sure what to think of this yet...

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
China did it. They announced a few months ago that all commercial traffic must notify them of their flight paths in the south china sea and maybe this one didnt. Boom.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join