It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   
It baffles me how there was no ATC contact before the aircraft went missing. Worst case scenario, a bomb that would blow a whole into the fuselage. This would cause rapid depressurization and set off the wailer and give a message in the EICAS. The pilots would then immediately contact ATC and declare Mayday. But no! No ATC contact at all before it went missing. It just cannot be a bomb.

Power loss due to engine failure? The ram air turbines(RAT) are released and backup generators kick in. The ISFD is also available for use, giving the pilots a chance to contact ATC and also declare Mayday while being aware of the aircraft's attitude.
So no!

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by JimTSpock

One of the interesting conclusions from the AirFrance447 disaster was the over-arching concept of the proliferation of fly-by-wire technology and the degradation of pilot skills as a result. The older pilots that came up through a system of hydraulics etc. were still "attached" to the plane and developed skills and experience that allowed them to still fly the plane when something went wrong.

The Northwest Air 747 flight that managed to return safely to Anchorage after a partial rudder failure is an example of experienced pilots still attached to the flight surfaces and able to apply their experience to save everyone on board. This happened in 2001 or 2002.

The 777 is the first Boeing airliner that is all fly-by-wire, similar to the Airfrance447 Airbus that crashed into the Atlantic.

Not that I am saying the cause of the two incidents is related, because it is too early to tell and there is a realistic chance of finding out what happened here.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Just spotted this.

“very, very rare” for an aircraft to lose contact completely without any previous indication of problems.

He noted that the flight had already reached cruising altitude of 10,700 metres but that online flight data suggested it had experienced a very rapid loss of height and change in the direction it was heading.

www.theguardian.com...

Whatever happened appears to have been very quick giving pilots little time to react.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Boeing777

There are many reasons why there may not have been any contact with the ground. A bomb on-board is not the only possibility.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by Bigburgh

Even with a sudden catastrophic failure there are a lot more than two possibilities here.

Agreed now that I got sleep..
So many reports now..faux and perhaps true..
Was a a signal beacon picked up?
Was there absolutely no emergency call at 35k ft?

So you feel strongly about starting with maintenance history I gather now that I read all the pages of this thread. OK.
Like I pointed out back around page 2. You are one that has a written history here of not getting to far ahead.( jumping to conclusions).

What ever happened. It feels sudden and bad for the crew and passengers.
Given that there was no chance to call out for help.

I thought planes now have a satellite GPS?
Last time I flew last march. I used the in flight internet to see the plane I was flying. The speed, altitude and location.
I ask the crew member how it was possible at 45k ft. She replied that it was from satellite to satellite tracking.
So I guess the obvious question next is. Could GPS have info on where this craft was last signaling.
Or it once the transponder quit. So did GPS?
Perhaps suggesting catastrophic situation at 35k FT?

edit on 8-3-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Missing plane found safe. Cockpit comms malfunctioned | FZ : Malaysia News - General, Political, National, Business, World

PETALING JAYA (March 8): The missing Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777-200 has landed safely in China.

fz.com was informed by a source at the Emergency Response Team that the Beijing bound MH370 piloted by Capt Zahari Ahmad Shah had landed this morning at Nanming, Guazhou.

It had lost contact with the control tower at 2.40am, after taking off from Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) at 12.35am.

According to sources the plane’s transponder (cockpit communications system) had malfunctioned while over Vietnam airspace, causing the loss of communications.

www.fz.com...

I hope this is true...

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
List of MAS crew released.
img.astroawani.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   

I hope it's true too. Seems highly unlikely that the transponder, and the communication would both go out. The plane could have still been tracked by radar as well.

Also, the page looks like it has been pulled.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   

NYTIMES

HONG KONG — A 12-mile long oil slick spotted between Malaysia and Vietnam Saturday afternoon is thought to be the first sign that a missing Malaysia Airlines flight with 239 people aboard went down in the waters between southernmost Vietnam and northern Malaysia, according to Vietnam’s director of civil aviation.

“An AN26 aircraft of the Vietnam Navy has discovered an oil slick about 20 kilometers in the search area, which is suspected of being a crashed Boeing aircraft -- we have announced that information to Singapore and Malaysia and we continue the search,” Lai Xuan Thanh, the director of the Civil Aviation Administration of Vietnam said in reporting the sighting of the slick.

All signs are pointing to a crash.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   

majesticgent

Also, the page looks like it has been pulled.

Strange, was working a minute ago.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Bad news,

Vietnamese authorities now say the reports a signal had been detected were false. “We have been seeking but no signal from the plane yet,” Pham Hien, director of a Vietnam maritime search and rescue co-ordination centre in Vung Tau, told Reuters. “The information on local media about the signal near the Cape Ca Mau was inaccurate,” Pham said.

Source: Guardian

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Dear Boeing777

The news that the plane has landed in an airport is not true. The authorities are still doing the SAR. I have read in Malaysian blogs that Malaysian Airlines request for media to get the latest updates from them. The link below is to Malaysia Airlines website for this incident.

www.malaysiaairlines.com...

It is now getting dark over this part of the world. Just hope they will find something soon.

Regards

The latest update as of this edit was about half an hour ago, at 8 March 2014, 7:20pm Malaysia local time.
edit on 8-3-2014 by mab2571 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
UPDATE: Tuoi Tre, a leading daily in Vietnam, reports that the Vietnamese Navy has confirmed the plane crashed into the ocean. According to Navy Admiral Ngo Van Phat, Commander of the Region 5, military radar recorded that the plane crashed into the sea at a location 153 miles South of Phu Quoc island.

UPDATE: VN Express, Vietnam's largest news site, reports that Vietnam Emergency Rescue Center just announced it has found signal of the missing plane at 9.50am 120 miles South West of Ca Mau cape, the Southern-most point of Vietnam.

The signal is believed to be the ELT (Emergency Locator Transmittor) , which can be activated manually by the flight crew or automatically upon impact.
edit on 8-3-2014 by Boeing777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Boeing777
Missing plane found safe. Cockpit comms malfunctioned | FZ : Malaysia News - General, Political, National, Business, World

PETALING JAYA (March 8): The missing Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777-200 has landed safely in China.

fz.com was informed by a source at the Emergency Response Team that the Beijing bound MH370 piloted by Capt Zahari Ahmad Shah had landed this morning at Nanming, Guazhou.

It had lost contact with the control tower at 2.40am, after taking off from Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) at 12.35am.

According to sources the plane’s transponder (cockpit communications system) had malfunctioned while over Vietnam airspace, causing the loss of communications.

www.fz.com...

I hope this is true...

this one has been confirmed fake by malaysian government.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
video show sudden missing of signal from MH370 flight.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that by some small miracle, the passengers are adrift waiting to be spotted. Hoping, as slim to non-existent as that may be

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Zaphod58

you may be able to correct me
but statistically speaking
don't most air craft disasters
happen within the 1st 30 mins. of flight
or the last 30 mins. before landing

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

There are thousands of fishing boats in this part of the world so somebody should easily spot any wreckage.
In some locations you can imagine walking from boat to boat...

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
www.nydailynews.com...

Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 carrying 239 people to Beijing loses contact, reportedly crashed in waters near Vietnam Three Americans were among the passengers on flight MH370, which left Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, early Saturday and lost contact with air traffic control two hours into the journey. The Vietnamese Navy said in a statement that the plane went down in the waters between Vietnam and Malaysia, a Vietnamese news site reported.

This was posted less than 15 minutes ago on NY daily news site... looks like it did crash.

The Vietnamese Navy said in a statement that the plane went down in the waters between Vietnam and Malaysia, roughly 153 nautical miles off Tho Chu Island in Kien Giang Province, the Vietnamese Tuoi Tre News reported. Malaysia's transport minister said later, however, that no crash scene had been identified.

Vietnam Air Force planes have spotted two oil slicks suspected to be from the missing jetliner, the Associated Press reported.

edit on 8-3-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I'M GETTING REALLY G#D D@MN F##KING PISSED OFF..WHICH IS IT!? FAMILIES FEAR FOR THEIR LOVED ONES. IF THEY LANDED,THEN WHY IS IT NOT SHOWING.
WHO'S WRITING HISTORY HERE!

( and in through nose...and exhale ).

OK. It's not your fault. There are to many fake news sources out there now trying to earn money. I get it. Keep them coming..that is what we do here..Deny Ignorance.

We'll pick through the media garbage together!

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join