It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   

jhn7537

MRuss
New info... Debris field found?

www.scmp.com...

For those who can't get into the link... This is the photo that they suggest could be a debris field... Just one photo and I don't know what to make of it.. Could honestly be anything...

edit on 8-3-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

That's looking pretty ominous.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Remember the hack a plane app...

Teso says that ACARS still has virtually no authentication features to prevent spoofed commands. But he spent three years reverse engineering the flight navigation software that receives ACARS signals to find bugs that allowed him to send his own commands to the systems, either from a software-defined radio that can be tuned to use ACARS or from a compromised airline system. In his talk, Teso demonstrated an Android application he built that allowed him to redirect a virtual plane with just a tap on a map application running on his Samsung Galaxy phone. “ACARS has no security at all. The airplane has no means to know if the messages it receives are valid or not,” he says. “So they accept them and you can use them to upload data to the airplane that triggers these vulnerabilities.

Link

German researcher Hugo Teso revealed an app that manipulates the Aircraft Communications Addressing and Report System (ACARS), which can give you access to the plane’s flight management system (FMS). You can communicate with ACARS through hacking the airline’s systems or using a special radio, according to Teso. From there, he could send his own information to the plane, such as “turn left.”

“Pilots receive no training on what happens … if there’s an outside intelligence manipulating the data. They’re not trained for that,” said Haines.

But the FAA, the European Aviation Safety Agency, as well as FMS creators Honeywell and Rockwell Collins have all denied that this can actually happen. They say Teso only tested his hack on simulated flight software and that the certified software couldn’t be tampered with or disabled in the same way.

The FAA’s statement as obtained by Forbes reads:

The FAA is aware that a German information technology consultant has alleged he has detected a security issue with the Honeywell NZ-2000 Flight Management System (FMS) using only a desktop computer. The FAA has determined that the hacking technique described during a recent computer security conference does not pose a flight safety concern because it does not work on certified flight hardware. The described technique cannot engage or control the aircraft’s autopilot system using the FMS or prevent a pilot from overriding the autopilot. Therefore, a hacker cannot obtain “full control of an aircraft” as the technology consultant has claimed.

link

The FAA and Honeywell state it's not a risk for full control. I have to wonder exactly what could be done though.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
From that debris picture link

Photographs purporting to show debris in the sea in the area where the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 lost contact have been posted on Chinese social media.

The pictures, supposedly taken by a Chinese passenger on board another MA flight from Beijing which landed safely in Kuala Lumpur on Sunday morning, shows what appears to be fragmented debris floating on waters about 90 minutes out to sea from the Malaysian capital.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

I read on another site that they think this is just ice crystals that have formed outside the window of the plane. Weather that is true or not, I have no idea, just putting it out there. Perhaps someone with better camera skills may know

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

It is amazing, and I know this is slightly off-topic, but I am just astonished sometimes at the power of suggestion.

After the mentioning of ice crystals, I can completely see that what I thought originally was probably the first photo showing left over remnants of a extremely powerful mid-air explosion, could very well turn out to just be frozen water on the exterior of the photographer's airplane window.

The eyes truly do adjust to what the frame of mind is.

PS You can probably tell what I believe happened to the plane.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

jhn7537

MRuss
New info... Debris field found?

www.scmp.com...

For those who can't get into the link... This is the photo that they suggest could be a debris field... Just one photo and I don't know what to make of it.. Could honestly be anything...

edit on 8-3-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

OK now maybe we got something....and why is china sending so many ships? Are the going to take over the investigation? Hmmm

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I think this was a terrorist attack and that the FBI and Chinese officials will locate known terrorists on the security footage at the airport.

there has been many examples of people sneaking bombs onto planes

It can be done.

The plane just disappeared without a mayday or any kind of distress. It was flying at cruise altitude which is fairly high and stable and (id like some enthusiasts to comment) probably the safest time of flying. Also the recent knife attacks in China says there is a group willing to sacrifice their lives to kill Chinese. Finally, the passports. That is a red flag in my opinion.. in saying that. I remember people being offered $5k in Europe hostels to ''lose their passport''..

I remember hearing a pilot saying that a Boeing can fly/land on one engine and the concept of both engines failing at the same time is very remote.

My only thought on this is that, terrorism events like this are meant to convey fear. People are meant to KNOW it was a bomb or a group and why they did it.
I'm surprised there hasn't been a video or a message released claiming responsibility.... then again this is a ''Chinese terrorist group'' and they don't exactly follow anti-western protocol.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Ice crystals? Now that I look at it again...I can see that being so.

link   
I would think if the person who took the picture saw this for an extended length of time then it wasn't debris. But who knows the thinking the photographer used. Maybe a friend saw the picture and speculated. That would seem to be something easy to spot again in an air search.
edit on 3/9/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

link   

onehuman
reply to post by jhn7537

I read on another site that they think this is just ice crystals that have formed outside the window of the plane. Weather that is true or not, I have no idea, just putting it out there. Perhaps someone with better camera skills may know

Yea, I don't know what to make of the picture or the source it came from...

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   

roadgravel
I would think if the person who took the picture saw this for an extended length of time then it wasn't debris. But who knows the thinking the photographer used. Maybe a friend saw the picture and speculated. That would seem to be something easy to spot again in an air search.
edit on 3/9/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

Wait..I read the article that was posted. It was claimed the picture was taken as it passed over at 11,000 metres. That's a good shot if true. And from soooo high up. Hmmmm. Seems fishy..but I was not there.

edit on 9-3-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

11,000 metres is 36,089 FT
edit on 9-3-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   

combatmaster
can somebody please spare me from reading the 26 pages of this thread (ive already read 10 but i cant keep up)...

is there anything ATSers are specifically focusing on atm?

Whats the story here?

I will. They aren't focusing on anything. They're doing what the Media does...are you ready for it?

Wait for it...............................................

Guessing! Yep that sums it up. They don't know. There's a lot of BS in this thread. Don't believe me? Read it.

All anyone knows is that the plane is still missing.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I say ice crystals. You can see the outer edge of the window opening behind the specks of what was reported as debris. Obviously that would appear that way if it were in the distance.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

"There's a lot of BS in this thread. Don't believe me? Read it."

Awesome, you're adding your own little flavor of BS yourself apparently.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
So, there are 4 suspects and the plane apparently turned back from its planned route prior to dissapearing. And it's still completely missing. Everything about this is a conspiracy theorists pick n' mix.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Bilk22
I say ice crystals. You can see the outer edge of the window opening behind the specks of what was reported as debris. Obviously that would appear that way if it were in the distance.

I saw oddity also. Wasn't sure if ice could form there or it might be reflected.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   

JRCrowley

Yes sir

In case you didn't get it I was telling him not to waste his time reading this thread. He'll learn nothing new.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   

nightstalker78

JRCrowley

Yes sir

In case you didn't get it I was telling him not to waste his time reading this thread. He'll learn nothing new.

Oh, I got it dude. I've been a member of ATS since 2007. Depending on your perspective, this site has always been a waste of time.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   

nightstalker78

combatmaster
can somebody please spare me from reading the 26 pages of this thread (ive already read 10 but i cant keep up)...

is there anything ATSers are specifically focusing on atm?

Whats the story here?

I will. They aren't focusing on anything. They're doing what the Media does...are you ready for it?

Wait for it...............................................

Guessing! Yep that sums it up. They don't know. There's a lot of BS in this thread. Don't believe me? Read it.

All anyone knows is that the plane is still missing.
The plane is in China AFAIK. They reported that and then recanted. Right now there's a stronger possibility of that being true than any of the other scenarios.

The "turned back" allegation would prove out in radar logs, no? I mean is it that fly by the seat of the pants up there that a commercial plane could do something like that and it not be noticed? Can't other flights see the signature of that plane too, on their radar?

If it blew up, as others have said, there's a lot of fishing vessels in that area that would have seen something. If it is indeed down, it was shot down and is now being covered up. They're buying time to rig evidence to dump into the sea from another plane.

Too many inconsistencies here. Way too many or they really have no idea what they're doing.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
If it is in China it would mean it landed at some secret airport, right. No controllers or airport staff to speak of the plane landing.

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join