It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by starviego

So that's 4 now?

Seems odd but not impossible.

Question is though, why would you need 4 terrorists to blow up a plane?

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I think they might be smokescreening who was really on board.

Plane bore painters, pilgrims, others from around the world

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by spirited75

I can't be bothered, just can't be bothered. How fast does a meteor come down and why?

Don't bother replying because I just can't be bothered.

P

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

~Lucidity
I think they might be smokescreening who was really on board.

Plane bore painters, pilgrims, others from around the world

Why?
They also mentioned the 20 employees of the American Company that died.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Here's a link to a chart showing the number of observed meteors in Japan each year from 2007 to 2013:

sonotaco.jp...

There are at least 19,000 sightings a year in Japan alone, as seen by a very limited network of cameras...and they seem to be increasing every year. Keep in mind, these are cameras that aren't monitored 24/7 and they can't track meteors during bad weather (obviously). The numbers could be significantly higher than measured...and this is just from *Japan*. There is an even more startling chart I saw for the US, but I can't link to it here.

So yes, the odds are low, but *substantially* greater than one in 80 million. Given the number of flights each year, I wouldn't be surprised if this happened every decade or so, as meteors do fall far more often than the MSM will ever admit.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

They had legitimate business there. Part of the smokescreen maybe. What about the Russians and Ukrainians?

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

~Lucidity
They had legitimate business there. Part of the smokescreen maybe. What about the Russians and Ukrainians?

You do realize that people travel all over the world right?

Their isn't enough info known yet to say either way that this was a horrible failure or a nefarious act.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

opethPA

~Lucidity

You do realize that people travel all over the world right?

Their isn't enough info known yet to say either way that this was a horrible failure or a nefarious act.

No. I've never heard of leaving one's own country. Huge eye roll.

And I'm well aware that there isn't enough info.

What does and does not come out in the early moments and how it comes out is often very telling, as anyone who has spent any amount of time here full well realizes.
edit on 3/8/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

~Lucidity
And I'm well aware that there isn't enough info. What comes out in the early moments is often very telling, as anyone who has spent any amount of time here full well realizes.

So what has come out so far and this is not meant in a snide way but rather trying to summarize as I am playing catch up on the thread:

1. Plane is missing
2. Reports of 2 , possibly more stolen passports
3. Oil slicks

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Freescale Semiconductor has locations in Malaysia and China so the employees were probably located there.

Twelve are from Malaysia and eight from China, the company said.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Thank you

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
The story gets weirder:

my.news.yahoo.com...
The search area has been widened to include both the east and west coast of Malaysia.

Huh? Do they ANY idea where this plane is?

Timeline problems:

"Malaysia Airlines said that the plane took off at 12.41am Malaysia time, and that the plane disappeared from air traffic control radar in Subang, a suburb of Kuala Lumpur, at 2.40am.
That timeline seemed to suggest that the plane stayed in the air for two hours – long enough to fly not only across the Gulf of Thailand but also far north across Vietnam*. But Lindahl of Flightradar 24 said that the last radar contact had been at 1.19am, less than 40 minutes after the flight began.
A Malaysia Airlines spokesman said on Saturday evening that the last conversation between the flight crew and air traffic control in Malaysia had been around 1.30am, but he reiterated that the plane had not disappeared from air traffic control systems in Subang until 2.40am.

*Or maybe even into south China

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I seem to remember that it took a few days to find wreckage for AF 447 in 2009. So I'm not surprised that they haven't found anything yet.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

AlphaHawk

So that's 4 now?

Seems odd but not impossible.

Question is though, why would you need 4 terrorists to blow up a plane?

You wouldn't.

There was a terrorist warning in early February about toothpaste terrorists. Don't even know if it's a possibility or how many people would be needed to do something of that nature.

I see there was also a terrorist alert for shoe bombings.
edit on 8-3-2014 by Myrtales Instinct because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Could you imagine if the US or maybe TPTB, whatever powerful group __________ (insert here)... Shot down, destroyed that plane to distract the world to what may be taking place in or around the Crimea region?? I wonder... I just have that strange feeling that everything is tied together here.... Maybe I'm a conspiracy nut, well I am that I am here on ATS
but there's something fishy about this all..

The mass stabbing event in China didn't cause enough of a distraction, so someone escalated to a plane disappearing...
edit on 8-3-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-3-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Just saw this come across

PzFeed Top News
@PzFeed
BREAKING: NTSB member says false identities of two passengers on #MH370 strongly suggest the possibility of a BOMB -

Here is a link to the article: mobile.reuters.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

opethPA
Just saw this come across

PzFeed Top News
@PzFeed
BREAKING: NTSB member says false identities of two passengers on #MH370 strongly suggest the possibility of a BOMB -

Here is a link to the article: mobile.reuters.com...

Well if it was a bomb, shouldn't there be debris field relatively close to the oil slicks found? I know some mentioned that they may have dumped fuel before a crash, but why would they dump oil if they blew up from a bomb?

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Yah I think the bomb thing comes from the seemingly sudden disappearance of the plane.
This has to be such an insanely frustrating situation for the families.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by JRCrowley

If they broke apart at altitude the light debris can be far from the impact site. I've had pilots report winds in excess of 150 knots.

And your point is? I never said anything to the contrary. And you have pilots? Are you the CEO of an airline?

My post was a response to pheonix358's comment that "If the aircraft came straight down from 35000, there would not be anything left to find on the surface." That is incorrect.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
It will be interesting to see what kind of camera footage they get of the passengers on the way to the airplane and the two with stolen passports. I am sure they are checking every camera in the airport in Malaysia.

Might take a few days to release that kind of info though.
edit on 8-3-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join