It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 272
<< 269  270  271    273  274  275 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Cheers Liberty!

reply to post by f4andHALFtoads

I had the same thought in the first week and a half... not sure now to be honest. Would they even feed the passengers and crew? What about those who need vital medications? Or the 2 babies on board that need nappies? (diapers...weird american word for them lol)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   
They are speaking to an image analyst, talking about different types of satellite images and resolution, some satellites are not designed for this type of imaging.

Tim Brown, image analyst on phone. He said it does not stand out and say debris field, it says floating object. He said other imaging satellites are likely looking at the area now.

He said time is running out, a debris field is likely getting spread out. The image is likely a day old. Hard to say if the object will even be there. Said it is not glare, defintely an object. Talking about other satellites possibly taking stereo images. May be one of the objects from Australian imagery, but seperated due to weather, storms, currents.

Showing maps of underwater currents vs surface currents, debris may possibly get caught in surface currents, which are very different than surface currents.

They just stated the Chinese image was from 3 days ago... sigh. Now we know. What the hell?

edit on 22-3-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by auroraaus

Lol at nappies. Wierd Aussie word for diapers. Hah! Just teasin.

I am getting ticked now. Why are these countries sitting on these images for 3 days?! I don't get this! This is the second time China has done this!

ETA now saying it was taken Tuesday, so, 4 days old. Man oh man...now, they are saying China gave the Malaysians the images 3 days ago, and it's Malaysia that is just releasing the images. So why is it just today China's jets and ships are heading to the area?

So, they took the images roughly the same day the Australians did.

Smh.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   

I think I would feed them, whilst I tried to get some money for them. If it transpired that I would never get any money for them I would set them free (because I'm nice).

If someone did orchestrate this for financial gain, then setting them free might not be the done thing...

Would our politicians tell us that 'we didn't negotiate, and now they're all dead'?

Or would they construct a 'crash site'?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Libertygal
I am getting ticked now. Why are these countries sitting on these images for 3 days?! I don't get this! This is the second time China has done this!

ETA now saying it was taken Tuesday, so, 4 days old. Man oh man...now, they are saying China gave the Malaysians the images 3 days ago, and it's Malaysia that is just releasing the images. So why is it just today China's jets and ships are heading to the area?

So, they took the images roughly the same day the Australians did.

Smh.

If China got the images 3 days ago and also gave them to the Malaysians then, I suppose it would be the Malaysian's call to verify what they were looking at and ask China to send their planes, as it's still Malaysia's operation. I think the Malaysians are wary of releasing images and them turning out to be nothing.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   

f4andHALFtoads

I think I would feed them, whilst I tried to get some money for them. If it transpired that I would never get any money for them I would set them free (because I'm nice).

If someone did orchestrate this for financial gain, then setting them free might not be the done thing...

Would our politicians tell us that 'we didn't negotiate, and now they're all dead'?

Or would they construct a 'crash site'?

A few problems with this taking hostages for money theory are ....Not all of those on board would be rich, so they would be left with hundreds of 'spare' passengers to deal with. If it was just a few rich passengers , why not take them before they went on the plane? Why spend a hell of a lot of money training people to capture a plane in such a dangerous and difficult manner?
Also when people are taken hostage for money, it's the family that are more likely to pay the ransom - so the families would have been contacted by some organisation, if that was true would they all be hunger striking and mad at the lack of information?

Others have theorised that some people (the freescale engineers) might have been killed off or captured through this crash/disappearence, again the same questions apply, why not just get to them before they board a plane? If their industrial secrets were wanted, why not give them a big pile of cash?

If we theorise that this was a political hostage situation, then why no public demands or claims of responsible? What's the point in a terrorist hijacking where no-one says they did it?

For these reasons (and more) I don't buy the 'hostage' theory.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Ivar_Karlsen

thedoctorswife
reply to post by rockflier

The last time I saw a thread have this much traffic was when fukushima happened, In my time here I don't think I've seen a topic that produced so many conspiracy theories. What's weird about it is,that even the most intelligent of members are still only speculating.

They lost a fully functional triple seven with very few traces, off course it's gonna spark conspiracies.

I'm a line pilot with experience on type, and i have no idea of what happend.

Nobody will know for sure until they find the plane (or what might be left of it)

That's what my pilot friends are saying no matter WHAT happened. Where is the plane? It is not the first choice to use for any kind of attack?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

DrHammondStoat

Others have theorised that some people (the freescale engineers) might have been killed off or captured through this crash/disappearence, again the same questions apply, why not just get to them before they board a plane? If their industrial secrets were wanted, why not give them a big pile of cash?

If we theorise that this was a political hostage situation, then why no public demands or claims of responsible? What's the point in a terrorist hijacking where no-one says they did it?

We meet again Dr Stoat.

Let me offer you some mangosteens. Relax.

If I were to attack or make demands of someone, it would be when they have their pants down (vulnerable). And I dunno, being 35-45k feet up in the air kind of makes someone vulnerable. Bribery? Naw, like I said in other threads, paper trail. Diplomatic ramifications. Nein!

But you are right. After all this time. Nothing credible. Which leads me to believe either:

1. The Plane really did crash somehow, either accidently or no.
2. It's an international state-secret as to who what when where why... very plausible given the current global political climate
3. Aliens. Aliens with a penchant for mangosteens, yo!

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
sorry made a mistake.
edit on 22 Mar 2014 by qmantoo because: deleted

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Remember the life raft fisherman found but said it sank, found this not sure of the source though. They claim they handed it over after pulling it into their boat.
source

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

Thank you Dr.. Good answer

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I believe the weather map of the search area is on the wall of the Australian Maritme media kit page The date of the update is 21st but dont know when the photo was taken.

sy.gunson

I can't fid a registry of Satellites classifying them by their altitudes, can anyone suggest such a registry for me please?

This may help.
Link 1
Link 2
Link 3

Someone says that the satellite debris image looks like a wing... but then they all look like a wing dont they?
edit on 22 Mar 2014 by qmantoo because: xinhuanet link

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by civpop

Then what happened to the rest of this story?? This was released march 12th.....did they bother to search this area anymore?? I figured this was a good piece of evidence?? TY civ for posting the source....wish we had more answers!

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by civpop

I found images and manufacturers that showed with strong probability that the life raft found was a marine raft, not an aviation raft. Posted a long while back.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by zayonara

TY ZAYONARA......that's so disappointing.....still wish they could have brought it up, just to examine it more. Regardless of where it came from.....again, thanks!

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by j.r.c.b.

I don't know I remember we discussed it way back in the thread but I remember the original story said they couldn't retrieve it because it sank?

Someone else just said it didn't match Boeing life raft though :-(

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I do Aurora, but i don't always get the messages sent to me, might be because I use a mobile and I don't know if it needs some bug fixes to be honest!

Peace A!
edit on 22-3-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Auto-Correct!!!

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

A couple of days ago it was confirmed that this is being treated as a Criminal Investigation!!!

Xinhua Source

The Chinese envoy said since a criminal investigation has been launched into the missing plane, some information is not suitable for disclosure at this moment, without giving further details.

"The probe into the incident's cause is not suitable to be conducted in a high-profile way," he said.

Each piece of "evidence" will now reach us a lot later than we'd like!!!

Peace Liberty!

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

Which outrageous suggestion?

The straw man argument that you implied?

If I choose to not believe a theory that is my choice, it isn't an ''outrageous suggestion''.

Perhaps you should refrain from reading other's posts on ATS due to the fact they are OPINIONS, which obviously you take objection to.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

sy.gunson
...Unfortunately you do not account for the most plausible sighting of all by oil rig worker Mike Mckay off the Vietnamese coast who saw at the requisite time an aircraft very distant to the West suffer an explosion followed by fire which went out as he watched.

McKay also commented that as he looked west the aircraft did not deviate left or right thus was already tracking west when the explosion happened.

At first, the 'sighting' seemed legitimate, to me.
Once I thought about it, and compared McKay's account with my own experiences, it became very questionable.

Almost all theories, thus far, have placed the plane at/around 35K feet altitude when/if the comms went quiet.
Almost all theories that suggest a fire/explosion are arranged to fit between "Alright, Good Night", and Viet Nam asking "Where Are You?".

If the plane was at 35K feet, very distant to the west of McKay...and...it was within an hour or two of midnight - I do not see how he could have distinguished anything-more than (possibly) an explosion.

I don't see how he could have followed the aircraft...if it attempted a climb to greater heights (in attempt to extinguish the flames), or (especially) followed its track once said flames had extinguished.

Likewise - unless he was sitting in the shadow, with his feet dangling over the side - there are a lot of big & bright lights on most offshore rigs - adding to the cloud of confusion he would need to have seen through to make such distinctions at 'great distance'.

Just some of my thoughts on the credibility of this reported sighting.

<< 269  270  271    273  274  275 >>

join