It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 273
<< 270  271  272    274  275  276 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

sy.gunson

theabsolutetruth
reply to post by bbracken677

The debunking of the 'fire' theory by pilots.

'MOST PLAUSIBLE' theory MH370 caught fire DEBUNKED by other pilots

KUALA LUMPUR - A pilot’s premise that Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 went missing due to a fire onboard was again shot down by another aviator, who said the “plausible” did not gel with available fact and aviation practice.

Writing to news website Business Insider to challenge the hypothesis put forward by pilot Chris Goodfellow that the Beijing-bound plane was lost to a fire, the commercial pilot said reactions of those flying the plane was not consistent conflagration on the plane.

Full article: www.malaysia-chronicle.com...:most-plausible-theory-mh370-caught-fire-debunked-by-other-pilots&Itemid= 2#ixzz2webIKtoA

Unfortunately you do not account for the most plausible sighting of all by oil rig worker Mike Mckay off the Vietnamese coast who saw at the requisite time an aircraft very distant to the West suffer an explosion followed by fire which went out as he watched.

McKay also commented that as he looked west the aircraft did not deviate left or right thus was already tracking west when the explosion happened.

[snip]

edit on 22-3-2014 by _BoneZ_ because: removed off-topic, personal banter

The problem with eye witness reports is that they are typically highly unreliable. I am not saying to discount them, but until something else can support the reports they are best taken with a grain of salt.

His report said the plane blew up, and yet the engines continued reporting that they were operating long after that event would have shut them down.

So...who do you believe? A guy who thinks he saw a plane explode at a high altitude or the electronic communication from the engines? Of the 2 I would trust the data from the engines.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

bbracken677

His report said the plane blew up, and yet the engines continued reporting that they were operating long after that event would have shut them down.

1:07 a.m.: The onboard Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System, or ACARS, sends out what turns out to be its last communication.

Approx. 1:30 a.m.: Air traffic controllers lose contact with the plane​.

1:37 a.m.: An expected ACARS transmission does not happen.

There would be no engines reports after the loss of contact, even a bit before. No long time or short time.

Radar sightings, if true, could be confirmation of engines running.
edit on 3/22/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

bbracken677

sy.gunson

theabsolutetruth
reply to post by bbracken677

The debunking of the 'fire' theory by pilots.

'MOST PLAUSIBLE' theory MH370 caught fire DEBUNKED by other pilots

KUALA LUMPUR - A pilot’s premise that Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 went missing due to a fire onboard was again shot down by another aviator, who said the “plausible” did not gel with available fact and aviation practice.

Writing to news website Business Insider to challenge the hypothesis put forward by pilot Chris Goodfellow that the Beijing-bound plane was lost to a fire, the commercial pilot said reactions of those flying the plane was not consistent conflagration on the plane.

Full article: www.malaysia-chronicle.com...:most-plausible-theory-mh370-caught-fire-debunked-by-other-pilots&Itemid= 2#ixzz2webIKtoA

Unfortunately you do not account for the most plausible sighting of all by oil rig worker Mike Mckay off the Vietnamese coast who saw at the requisite time an aircraft very distant to the West suffer an explosion followed by fire which went out as he watched.

McKay also commented that as he looked west the aircraft did not deviate left or right thus was already tracking west when the explosion happened.

[snip]

edit on 22-3-2014 by _BoneZ_ because: removed off-topic, personal banter

The problem with eye witness reports is that they are typically highly unreliable. I am not saying to discount them, but until something else can support the reports they are best taken with a grain of salt.

So...who do you believe? A guy who thinks he saw a plane explode at a high altitude or the electronic communication from the engines? Of the 2 I would trust the data from the engines.

Nobody either myself or Mike McKay suggested an engine exploded... You made that claim. Not me.

You are totally misquoting what oil rig worker Mike McKay saw and reported.

It rather suggests you have not read what he said or have paid it no attention, or both.

McKay said he saw an explosion followed by a fire which quickly self extinguished. He specifically noted the aircraft continued to fly and did not deviate left or right, thus was either flying towards him [east] or away [west].

He did not say the plane "blew-up."

Your misuse of the English language to change the meaning and imply something else makes your assessment unreliable.

Aircraft can and do suffer explosions in flight which do not result in total destruction of the aircraft. This does not necessarily imply an engine exploded.

Given the apparent loss of communications it is a fair assessment that there was some form of electrical discharge and there is historical precedent for this both with the Boeing 777 and the Boeing 787.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Libertygal
www.bom.gov.au...

Only cyclone map I was able to find. That was from the 3rd. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place?

Here, this looks closer.

en.allmetsat.com...

Yep, this is the animated version. Southern Indian Ocean, as opposed to Christmas Island.
en.allmetsat.com...

edit on 22-3-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

Libertygal if you look at the animated weather map down in the right hand corner above a little avatar for the globe with Eumetsat beside it you will see a cyclone starting to develop with winds swirling clockwise.

Animated weather

This also implies that the debris field is being stuck by winds from the Northwest and thus spreading south east from the original satellite pictures.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Libertygal
They are speaking to an image analyst, talking about different types of satellite images and resolution, some satellites are not designed for this type of imaging.

Tim Brown, image analyst on phone. He said it does not stand out and say debris field, it says floating object. He said other imaging satellites are likely looking at the area now.

He said time is running out, a debris field is likely getting spread out. The image is likely a day old. Hard to say if the object will even be there. Said it is not glare, defintely an object. Talking about other satellites possibly taking stereo images. May be one of the objects from Australian imagery, but seperated due to weather, storms, currents.

Showing maps of underwater currents vs surface currents, debris may possibly get caught in surface currents, which are very different than surface currents.

They just stated the Chinese image was from 3 days ago... sigh. Now we know. What the hell?

This is the text from the original Chinese press release of their satellite image:

来自国家国防科技工业局的消息,根据中国航天科技集团公司资源卫星应用中心、中国科学院遥感与数字地球研究 所等单位对相关卫星数据进行研判,从3月18日上午12点左右获取的高分一号卫星图像中,在南印度洋海域(南纬44� �57分,东经90度13分),观测到疑似漂浮物。该疑似漂浮物长约22米,宽约13米,距澳大利亚公布疑似物位置南偏西1 20公里左右。

(tranlated)
News from the National Defense Industry Bureau, according to the China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation Resources Satellite Application Center, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Institute of Remote Sensing and Digital Earth and other units of the relevant satellite data to study them, obtained from about at 12:00 on March 18 scores One satellite image, in the southern Indian Ocean (latitude 44 degrees 57 minutes east longitude 90 degrees 13 minutes), observed suspected of floating debris. The suspected floating about 22 meters and a width of 13 meters, from the position of Australia announced a suspected object about 120 kilometers south west.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
At the time 370 went off radar th efollowing flights were in the area -

China Eastern 5093 50 miles distance
China Eastern 539 60 miles distance
Korean Airways 672 100 miles distance
Singapore Airways 608 120 miles distance
Thai Airways 483 120 miles distance
Air China 970 120 + miles distance

Japan Airways(JAL) 750 300 miles distance

So as reports are saying flight JAL 750 was coantacted by ATC and asked to try to raise 370 by radio, why wasnt any of the other flights asked to do this as they were Mutch closer especialy as both China Eastern flights were also within visual range of 370 NAV lights.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

civpop
Remember the life raft fisherman found but said it sank, found this not sure of the source though. They claim they handed it over after pulling it into their boat.
source

That's really good research civpop. On Boeing airliners silver/grey escape chutes are mounted on the inside of boarding doors which have a bar drawn down to hooks in the floor to arm the door. If opened when armed a long escape slide chute deploys, which can also be converted to a liferaft at sea.

They also however have large liferafts (20 persons I think) and the colour on those appears to be yellow:

This image however purports to be from a Boeing 767-300ER and could be from an escape slide raft:

If your lead about a black and orange liferaft proves to be from MH370 however it suggests evidence for an explosive decompression.

Liferaft found Straits of Malacca

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

UKGuy1805
At the time 370 went off radar th efollowing flights were in the area -

China Eastern 5093 50 miles distance
China Eastern 539 60 miles distance
Korean Airways 672 100 miles distance
Singapore Airways 608 120 miles distance
Thai Airways 483 120 miles distance
Air China 970 120 + miles distance

Japan Airways(JAL) 750 300 miles distance

So as reports are saying flight JAL 750 was coantacted by ATC and asked to try to raise 370 by radio, why wasnt any of the other flights asked to do this as they were Mutch closer especialy as both China Eastern flights were also within visual range of 370 NAV lights.

Thanks for the info UKguy1805.

MH088 also claims to have spoken to MH370 and got some garbled response on 121.5 MgHz.

Possibly the Japanese flight was thought to be where MH370 was supposed to be?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

qmantoo
I believe the weather map of the search area is on the wall of the Australian Maritme media kit page The date of the update is 21st but dont know when the photo was taken.

sy.gunson

I can't fid a registry of Satellites classifying them by their altitudes, can anyone suggest such a registry for me please?

This may help.
Link 1
Link 2
Link 3

Someone says that the satellite debris image looks like a wing... but then they all look like a wing dont they?
edit on 22 Mar 2014 by qmantoo because: xinhuanet link

Thanks muchly... only mild interest to me but thought others were interested in those satellite footprints.

What interests me is the refractive index of that object in the Chinese satellite image must be high, ie a very shiny object suggesting a natural metal surface.
edit on 22-3-2014 by sy.gunson because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
JAL 750 was flying in the direction of the chinese mainland, and flying across 370 intended flight route, however there was atleast 300 miles distance between the two and incresing as the Japanese Airways flight was flying away at an angle .

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

theabsolutetruth
reply to post by sy.gunson

Which outrageous suggestion?

The straw man argument that you implied?

If I choose to not believe a theory that is my choice, it isn't an ''outrageous suggestion''.

Perhaps you should refrain from reading other's posts on ATS due to the fact they are OPINIONS, which obviously you take objection to.

Oh look get over yourself or go protest to someone who cares...

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

UKGuy1805
JAL 750 was flying in the direction of the chinese mainland, and flying across 370 intended flight route, however there was atleast 300 miles distance between the two and incresing as the Japanese Airways flight was flying away at an angle .

Yeah I take your point but what I meant was that in the mind of the Vietnamese ATC they possibly still thought MH370 was flying north too, thus asked JAL 750 to try and establish contact.

With hindsight we all know now that they were actually drawing apart

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

It is you that should get over yourself and stop being offensive to those that aren't buying your opinion.

ETA you should read the thread title, it doesn't have your name on it.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

CharlieSpeirs
reply to post by Libertygal

I am getting ticked now. Why are these countries sitting on these images for 3 days?! I don't get this! This is the second time China has done this!

A couple of days ago it was confirmed that this is being treated as a Criminal Investigation!!!
Xinhua Source

The Chinese envoy said since a criminal investigation has been launched into the missing plane, some information is not suitable for disclosure at this moment, without giving further details.
"The probe into the incident's cause is not suitable to be conducted in a high-profile way," he said.

Each piece of "evidence" will now reach us a lot later than we'd like!!!
Peace Liberty!

It is POSSIBLY (obviously I dont know) because the Chinese notified the Malaysians of this piece of evidence and said to them the equivalent of:

"Since you are running the show, we are sending you this which has been found on our satellite data. We will give you 3 days to release it and then, if you have not released it by then, we will release it ourselves."

I think the Chinese owuld have passed it on to Malaysia as soon as they found it, but I suspect that Malaysia were trying to get it verified by other sources(USA ?) before they released it.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

Me too...the rare times a plane has been held with passengers it was very public. Makes no sense that someone would go through all that trouble and not make sure the world didn't know what was going on.

No need to make this more complicated than it is. Most often the simplest answer is the correct one. Reaching for conspiracies with no evidence seems illogical to me.

What is the difference between information and proof? Between hearsay and evidence? All we have now is guesses and theories...for me, simpler is better.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by auroraaus

2. It's an international state-secret as to who what when where why... very plausible given the current global political climate

If it were a military plane I would buy it. It is not a military plane, just one of hundreds/thousands of planes/flights and I find the whole "govt is keeping crap quiet" idea to be preposterous. Name one commercial craft that has crashed in the past that was kept hidden for any reason. There have been craft that were hard to find, small craft that were never found, but never anything in the class of a 777 that was involved in some govt crash "hide the pig in the blanket" conspiracy.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

Sounds reasonable to be fair!!!

It's all smoke & mirrors now anyways IMO...

I've held out hope that this would end happily... I just can't anymore!!!

Peace qman!

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Me too...the rare times a plane has been held with passengers it was very public. Makes no sense that someone would go through all that trouble and not make sure the world didn't know what was going on.
Except that IF there was something interesting in the hold, then it would be worth far more than you would get from governments for the folks on board, so you might as well just take all of it and discard what you dont need. Yes, thats harsh and heartless to say, but may be what happened. Plus you would undoubtedly get a bunch of SAS guys coming along to take you out if you did a normal hijack.

As others have already said, IF the valuable cargo idea is even a remote possibility, then it may explain why so many governments are making so much effort and sending so many planes/ships into the search areas.
edit on 22 Mar 2014 by qmantoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Not sure how to upload pictures...
But I'm sure most of you have seen the latest Satellite image of suspected MH370 debris!!!...

It's not MH370 debris!!!

It's really not!!!

& if it turns out to be... It's still not!!!

Peace MH370... Goddess Bless You, Especially The Children xxx

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

roadgravel

bbracken677

1:07 a.m.: The onboard Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System, or ACARS, sends out what turns out to be its last communication.

Approx. 1:30 a.m.: Air traffic controllers lose contact with the plane​.

1:37 a.m.: An expected ACARS transmission does not happen.

There would be no engines reports after the loss of contact, even a bit before. No long time or short time.

Radar sightings, if true, could be confirmation of engines running.
edit on 3/22/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

m.slashdot.org...
www.reuters.com...www.reuters.com...
www.businessinsider.com...

The engines were pinging satellites during their operation. Wouldn't happen if the plane was not flying. These pings are separate from the ACARS transmitted info.
edit on 22-3-2014 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 270  271  272    274  275  276 >>

join