It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 261
<< 258  259  260    262  263  264 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
KPRC2 Houston article about the 2001 plot to hijack numerous planes in Southeast Asia and blow them up.

The 2001 Malaysia Hijacking Plot

U.S. intelligence sources provided extensive new detail to CNN on the Malaysian terrorist cell planning to hijack aircraft in 2001. It includes information from Badat's lengthy debriefings with U.S. officials. According to those sources, the Malaysia group consisted of half a dozen young men linked to the Indonesian al Qaeda-affiliated terrorist group Jemaah Islamiyah who traveled for training in Afghanistan in the period before 9/11. When they got there, they were recruited into Mohammed's eventually aborted plan to target a dozen aircraft in South East Asia. After 9/11, those still in Afghanistan were tasked with carrying out a smaller-scale version of the plot, with the idea being that Reid and Badat would target aircraft over the United States around the same time, the sources said. To refine these plans, Mohammed dispatched Reid, Badat and the Malaysians to see his nephew, Ammar al Baluchi, in Karachi. The group traveled in a convoy of three vehicles from Kandahar via Quetta and were lodged by al Baluchi in several safe houses in Karachi.
www.click2houston.com...
edit on 21-3-2014 by Mikeultra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Mikeultra
KPRC2 Houston article about the 2001 plot to hijack numerous planes in Southeast Asia and blow them up.

The 2001 Malaysia Hijacking Plot

U.S. intelligence sources provided extensive new detail to CNN on the Malaysian terrorist cell planning to hijack aircraft in 2001. It includes information from Badat's lengthy debriefings with U.S. officials. According to those sources, the Malaysia group consisted of half a dozen young men linked to the Indonesian al Qaeda-affiliated terrorist group Jemaah Islamiyah who traveled for training in Afghanistan in the period before 9/11. When they got there, they were recruited into Mohammed's eventually aborted plan to target a dozen aircraft in South East Asia. After 9/11, those still in Afghanistan were tasked with carrying out a smaller-scale version of the plot, with the idea being that Reid and Badat would target aircraft over the United States around the same time, the sources said. To refine these plans, Mohammed dispatched Reid, Badat and the Malaysians to see his nephew, Ammar al Baluchi, in Karachi. The group traveled in a convoy of three vehicles from Kandahar via Quetta and were lodged by al Baluchi in several safe houses in Karachi.
www.click2houston.com...

Now I'm beginning to believe this Pakistan theory....

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Tallone
The debris search in the Southern Indian Ocean appears to be nothing less than a diversion. We are not supposed to be asking questions about the Northern Corridor.

Agreed.

Starting to look more and more like smoke and mirrors....

Here's my question: What is going on around the Northern Corridor? More speculation about Pakistan?

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

FlyersFan
The latest -
Australia - Search turns up nothing - Says wreckage may have sunk
Looks like Australia believes that it was the wreckage that was spotted but it's now sunk.
I'm not comfortable with that. There are too many other things that it could have been.

Seems rather convienient and for the black box never to be recovered

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Vasa Croe

thetruth2014

Seek_Truth

Mikeultra
I took a look at the airport in Karachi, Pakistan on Google Earth and was surprised to see there is an aircraft chop shop in operation along with a huge hangar building measuring 309' x 444'. Plenty big enough to conceal any model of the 777. Being that Pakistan allegedly harbored Osama bin Laden, they certainly should be suspected in this disappearance.

11/16/2013

12/16/2012

04/02/2011

05/22/2009

Wow that is some very strange S#$%!

Good find. Any more info on this "chop shop"? Is it commercial or military?

And you know this is a chop shop how ? Google earth provide this info from atop a building ? Its in Diego garcia afb or mcmurdo station.

Well....it's not a manufacturing plant and planes seem to go in but not come out. What would you suggest it is....an overnight parking lot like semi truckers use?

Looks like a small building housing smaller domestic civilian aircraft that's all.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by thetruth2014

Very quick a judging what people know and don't know. Maybe you can provide us with some information on how you know the plane is at Diego Garcia or mcmurdo
edit on 21-3-2014 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikeultra

During the meeting, Badat got the impression the Malaysians were not too worried if, in later trying to blow open a cockpit door with his explosive shoe, they brought down the plane, but that was not their original intent.

I'm having a really hard time understanding why it is unlikely there is a link between the plot and this aircraft.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

thetruth2014

Vasa Croe

thetruth2014

Seek_Truth

Mikeultra
I took a look at the airport in Karachi, Pakistan on Google Earth and was surprised to see there is an aircraft chop shop in operation along with a huge hangar building measuring 309' x 444'. Plenty big enough to conceal any model of the 777. Being that Pakistan allegedly harbored Osama bin Laden, they certainly should be suspected in this disappearance.

11/16/2013

12/16/2012

04/02/2011

05/22/2009

And you know this is a chop shop how ? Google earth provide this info from atop a building ? Its in Diego garcia afb or mcmurdo station.

Well....it's not a manufacturing plant and planes seem to go in but not come out. What would you suggest it is....an overnight parking lot like semi truckers use?

Looks like a small building housing smaller domestic civilian aircraft that's all.

LOL...you think those are small civilian aircraft? Those are airliners....do you not see the size of the hangar? Now please compare the hangar size to the jet size. These planes would dwarf a small civilian jet. Guess those smaller planes that are next to the larger ones are just model airplanes because if what you are saying is correct then a person could not fit in those.
edit on 3/21/14 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

thetruth2014

Vasa Croe

thetruth2014

Seek_Truth

Mikeultra

11/16/2013

12/16/2012

04/02/2011

05/22/2009

A building that's 444' wide x 309' deep having a sliding door 256' wide is a small building? This question is for thetruth2014.

edit on 21-3-2014 by Mikeultra because: close up view

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Seek_Truth
reply to post by Mikeultra

During the meeting, Badat got the impression the Malaysians were not too worried if, in later trying to blow open a cockpit door with his explosive shoe, they brought down the plane, but that was not their original intent.

I'm having a really hard time understanding why it is unlikely there is a link between the plot and this aircraft.

From the paragraph that you quoted from the article, it sounds like the Malaysian hijackers would prefer to take control of the aircraft, but if in doing so the aircraft was brought down that would be OK too. It sounds like the master plan was/is to take aircraft and use them in more elaborate terror strikes (911 method).

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

onehuman
Yeah, some of you may recall that quite awhile back I had asked if the "batteries" may actually be gold. I can't remember the exact figure anymore, but I know the weight would have been in the upper millions.

I have posted so much in this thread it will take me awhile to go back and find it. I'm pretty sure we were only a few days into this at the time

I remember the talk of batteries pretty much at the first couple of days, I vouch that one human posted about them.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Here's a link to an aviation forum discussing the work that is done at the huge PIA building at Karachi. Lots of photos! It looks like they might do some painting work too. I don't think it should be a problem posting this link, this aviation forum is not a competitor for ATS traffic.
www.historyofpia.com...

Ispahani Hangar
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 21-3-2014 by Mikeultra because: Ispahani Hangar

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Splodge

Ok, say you are correct what is your theory?

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by rockflier

True!
Oh, the double standards and double talk...If I can't bring a bottle of Afrin on board to prevent my Eustachian tubes from clogging, then lithium batteries should be banned in cargo.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
FYI

Malaysian woman claims to have seen missing MH370 in the water near Andaman Islands on day it disappeared
Latife Dalelah said she saw aircraft-shaped object on Kuala Lumpur flight
She told an air stewardess what she'd seen, but was told to get some sleep
A pilot said she would have been too high up to identify a plane in water
Aircraft and ships renew their search for MH370 in the Andaman Sea
Dalelah's sighting made five days before search expanded to its location

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... a
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Well there you go. With all those big planes in that chop shop in Pakistan, why do they need another one?

What can make a plane lose communication, and divert?

1) Electrical/Mechanical issues.
2) People.
3) Both.

That's really all we know, besides the fact that the engines were making power and "locating around" on a satellite for about 7-8 hours.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

judydawg
FYI

Malaysian woman claims to have seen missing MH370 in the water near Andaman Islands on day it disappeared

So she is claiming visibility at cruising altitude for a large jet? Wouldn't that be about 6 miles or so up? My thought is she saw a plane flying below their plane some thousands of feet below and over the water and presumed it was in the water. I don't know anyone that would have a 6 mile visibility from an airplane seat with the ability to spot a plane in the water. Hell....I have seen huge cruise ships from cruising altitude that look tiny at that height. She must have REALLY good eyes.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

judydawg
FYI

This lady said she spotted a plane in the water near the Adaman Islands about an hour after passing over Chennai, India. From Chenaii, India the nearest island in the Adaman Islands is Smith Island at 835 miles. If you fly in a straight line from Riyadh, Saudi Arabia to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia the flight would pass over Great Nicobar Island, 997 miles from Chennai, India. She could be off a little in her time estimate. What is the top speed for a 777?

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Vasa Croe

thetruth2014

Vasa Croe

thetruth2014

Seek_Truth

Mikeultra

11/16/2013

12/16/2012

04/02/2011

05/22/2009

LOL...you think those are small civilian aircraft? Those are airliners....do you not see the size of the hangar? Now please compare the hangar size to the jet size. These planes would dwarf a small civilian jet. Guess those smaller planes that are next to the larger ones are just model airplanes because if what you are saying is correct then a person could not fit in those.

Ya because Karachi is a village hut and and just bypassed you know a million civilians that happen to live there...no one saw it lol

top topics

<< 258  259  260    262  263  264 >>

join