It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 260
<< 257  258  259    261  262  263 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

auroraaus
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

Generally they are shipped via ships not planes...

I can't believe it. A few days ago when I was looking at mangosteens (as hazardous material lol) I saw the thing about lithium ion batteries being baaad for planes.

Wait. Legitimate question here, but why were they transporting the batteries to China?? Aren't they like... made there???

I think the more legitimate question would be . . . what has a similar density to a shipment of lithium ion batteries.

I don't believe for a second that there was a single battery on that airplane.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I'm glad others are noticing this ..

they are literally repeating the same things over and over again everyday about what possibly happened to the plane .. experts talking about the same exact things they said 4 days ago .. and all of it is 'breaking news' lol .. but there aren't any new significant developments so there's really not much else to talk about .. they've been showing a little more about the families of passengers and interviewing some of them and things like that lately

EnhancedInterrogator
reply to post by SBMcG

Yeah, I like how on CNN ... everything is "Breaking" news right now. Even if it's just repeating the same stuff from the last 24-28 hours - just saying it differently.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I took a look at the airport in Karachi, Pakistan on Google Earth and was surprised to see there is an aircraft chop shop in operation along with a huge hangar building measuring 309' x 444'. Plenty big enough to conceal any model of the 777. Being that Pakistan allegedly harbored Osama bin Laden, they certainly should be suspected in this disappearance.

11/16/2013

12/16/2012

04/02/2011

05/22/2009

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

I hope you mean in the cargo hold.

Hate to be a smart alec, but there would have been some sort of batteries in the cabin... like batteries for phones...batteries for laptops and tablets... batteries for certain intimate things in carry on baggage...

I wonder if you could create batteries out of mangosteens, like you can with oranges and other fruit.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

It shouldn't be as they are classified as dangerous cargo, but I suspect they are. Passengers should be made aware of such a cargo risk, at the very least.

Lithium ion batteries are restricted items for PAX.

The fire theory has been mostly debunked so not holding out much for it ATM.

Also the PRBA are denying any knowledge of such a cargo.

FA A

Lithium-ion batteries (a.k.a.: rechargeable lithium, lithium polymer, LIPO, secondary lithium). Passengers may carry all
consumer-sized lithium-ion batteries (no more than 8 grams of equivalent lithium content or 100 watt hours per battery). This
size covers AA, AAA, cell phone, PDA, camera, camcorder, handheld game, tablet, and standard laptop computer batteries.

Passengers can also bring two (2) larger lithium-ion batteries (more than 8 less than 25 grams of equivalent lithium content per
battery or about 100-300 watt hours per battery) in their carry-on. This size covers the largest aftermarket extended-life laptop
batteries and most lithium-ion batteries for professional-grade audio/visual equipment. Most lithium-ion batteries are below
this size.

www.prba.org...

The Rechargeable Battery Association Statement on Malaysian Air Flight MH370

March 21st, 2014 | Posted in General

PRBA shares the concerns about the fate of Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, the passenger and its crew. Until it is determined what happened to the airliner, it is premature to speculate about reasons for its disappearance. As of now, PRBA has not been informed by any federal or international transportation agency about any investigation of lithium batteries onboard the missing aircraft. A rush to judgment before any facts are presented that explain the disappearance of flight 370 is both irresponsible and unwarranted.

edit on 21-3-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Mikeultra
I took a look at the airport in Karachi, Pakistan on Google Earth and was surprised to see there is an aircraft chop shop in operation along with a huge hangar building measuring 309' x 444'. Plenty big enough to conceal any model of the 777. Being that Pakistan allegedly harbored Osama bin Laden, they certainly should be suspected in this disappearance.

11/16/2013

12/16/2012

04/02/2011

05/22/2009

Wow that is some very strange S#$%!

Good find. Any more info on this "chop shop"? Is it commercial or military?

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

If your talking conspiracy and cover-up then perhaps we should see who owns or at least has a huge amount of sway in the Malaysian government. From what I have gathered the financial arm of the government is ran by the Khazanah Nasional Berhad.

Source

Khazanah owns stakes in some of Malaysia’s biggest listed companies, including electricity producer Tenaga Nasional Bhd. (TNB), which rose 64 percent last year, the biggest gainer on the country’s stocks benchmark. It also controls Malaysia Airports Holdings Bhd., which jumped 73 percent in 2013, and developer UEM Sunrise Bhd., which climbed 12 percent, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. The fund’s 2013 returns compare with a 24 percent increase in the MSCI World Index, the biggest gain since 2009, and a 5 percent decline in the MSCI Emerging Markets Index.

Yes, they are the majority shareholder of Malaysian airlines...

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Seek_Truth

The aircraft being scrapped look like civilian airliners. This link here talks about airliners being "parted out"!
www.airfleets.net...

edit on 21-3-2014 by Mikeultra because: parted out

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikeultra

Cool pics... but they're 10yrs old and I think there'd be a fair few chop shop hangers around the middle east, African an Asian continents.

plus.. the pakistani's?... ruthless and brave but, this is event is technologically advanced in nature! I don't think their cyber/communications ability is that good!

terrorism doesn't usually take its time like this.. there'd be leads, special forces on the ground chasing them.. something..
terrorists hit hard and fast and let you know straight away, compared to recent attempted attacks downing a commercial jet liner or hijacking one and flying it into Petrona's would have been significant... why then go to all this trouble to take it and hide it and not claim something or make a statement?

I believe its a government executed incident.. now, when you do something on this scale, something that the world will pay attention to after the fact.. then you make sure your out in front deflecting the investigation, almost running it!
I'd say look at the 3 nations contributing to the investigation the most.

One of them did it!

edit on 21-3-2014 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Regulations have been made since then about carrying lithium ion batteries on planes.

USA today 2010

Worried about a possible terrorist strike, American Airlines flight attendants confiscated 58 cellphones, lithium-ion batteries and charging devices from a passenger on a June 23 New York flight to Buenos Aires.

In April, Tokyo police and fire officials rushed to a baggage area at Narita airport after a curling iron powered by a lithium-ion battery caused a passenger's checked bag to burst into flames as it was being shuttled from an American Airlines jet to a connecting flight.

Lithium-ion batteries — the rechargeable energy source for cellphones, laptop computers and an increasing number of other portable electronic devices — are becoming a growing concern for airlines in passenger cabins and cargo holds. Non-rechargeable lithium metal batteries like those in cameras and flashlights are a concern, too.

When a lithium battery short-circuits or overheats, it can catch fire or explode. The fire it causes may not be as easy to extinguish as a normal combustion fire.

FAA data show that from March 20, 1991, through Aug. 3, 2010, batteries and battery-powered devices were involved in 113 incidents with "smoke, fire, extreme heat or explosion" on passenger and cargo planes. The data are for lithium and non-lithium batteries and are not a complete list of such incidents, the agency says.

In January, the Transportation Department proposed stricter rules for companies that ship lithium batteries in cargo holds. "The frequency of incidents, combined with the difficulty in extinguishing lithium-battery fires, warrants taking strong action," Rep. Jerry Costello, D-Ill., chairman of the House aviation subcommittee, said of the Transportation Department's proposal.

Lithium-battery experts, security analysts and flight attendants wonder, though, if stricter rules are also needed in airline passenger cabins to prevent fires or worse: a possible attempt by a terrorist to bring down a plane by rigging a large number of batteries together to start a fire.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Agit8dChop

Cool pics... but they're 10yrs old and I think there'd be a fair few chop shop hangers around the middle east, African an Asian continents.

plus.. the pakistani's?... ruthless and brave but, this is event is technologically advanced in nature! I don't think their cyber/communications ability is that good!

terrorism doesn't usually take its time like this.. there'd be leads, special forces on the ground chasing them.. something..
terrorists hit hard and fast and let you know straight away, compared to recent attempted attacks downing a commercial jet liner or hijacking one and flying it into Petrona's would have been significant... why then go to all this trouble to take it and hide it and not claim something or make a statement?

I believe its a government executed incident.. now, when you do something on this scale, something that the world will pay attention to after the fact.. then you make sure your out in front deflecting the investigation, almost running it!

One of them did it!

Ummm...the plane that disappeared is probably 10 years old. The last photo is from 1 year ago and showing that it is still in operation. What better way to learn ALL about electronics in a jet than to have been working on them for that long and actually cutting down the particular plane over and over that you plan to take. I would say these guys probably have more technical knowledge of these planes than anyone speaking on this forum or most in the aviation industry out there.
edit on 3/21/14 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Agit8dChop

One of them did it!

I agree with everything you say, except the date of the Google Earth images. The oldest one is dated 05/22/2009. Why couldn't the Pakastani government be involved with the U.S., U.K. , Australian, and Malaysian governments if this is a black operation?

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
The latest -
Australia - Search turns up nothing - Says wreckage may have sunk
Looks like Australia believes that it was the wreckage that was spotted but it's now sunk.
I'm not comfortable with that. There are too many other things that it could have been.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
So after basically not mentioning them for 2 weeks, Malaysian Officials suddenly start talking batteries again.

Hmmmmm... that's interesting. I can only wonder what might have brought those up again.

I would like to extend a warm ATS welcome to Malaysian Officials.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yes, of course. After floating about the ocean for almost two weeks, it must have sunk just as they got there. Gee another wild goose chase. Go figure. Is anyone surprised?

I nominate this as the next wild goose:

The search in the southern Indian Ocean is over for the day, and nothing was found. The CEO of Malaysia Airlines confirmed that the plane was carrying lithium-ion batteries. And authorities said they're aware of a news report that the plane's pilot placed a cell phone call shortly before the flight departed. [Source]

Even though they also say probably not and talk about the batteries as well. The video also covers more speculation, which in the end is all there is.
edit on 3/21/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Yeah, some of you may recall that quite awhile back I had asked if the "batteries" may actually be gold. I can't remember the exact figure anymore, but I know the weight would have been in the upper millions.

I have posted so much in this thread it will take me awhile to go back and find it. I'm pretty sure we were only a few days into this at the time

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Seek_Truth

Mikeultra

11/16/2013

12/16/2012

04/02/2011

05/22/2009

And you know this is a chop shop how ? Google earth provide this info from atop a building ? Its in Diego garcia afb or mcmurdo station.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

thetruth2014

Seek_Truth

Mikeultra

11/16/2013

12/16/2012

04/02/2011

05/22/2009

And you know this is a chop shop how ? Google earth provide this info from atop a building ? Its in Diego garcia afb or mcmurdo station.

I wasn't the one to speculate it is a chop shop. But by looking at the photos I think its blatantly obvious.

Edit to Add: Unless of course alien ships are using lasers to break those aircraft into a billion peices......
edit on 21-3-2014 by Seek_Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

thetruth2014

Seek_Truth

Mikeultra

11/16/2013

12/16/2012

04/02/2011

05/22/2009

Well....it's not a manufacturing plant and planes seem to go in but not come out. What would you suggest it is....an overnight parking lot like semi truckers use?

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

FlyersFan
The latest -
Australia - Search turns up nothing - Says wreckage may have sunk
Looks like Australia believes that it was the wreckage that was spotted but it's now sunk.
I'm not comfortable with that. There are too many other things that it could have been.

Seems rather convienient and for the black box never to be recovered

new topics

top topics

<< 257  258  259    261  262  263 >>

join