It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
To further throw the cat amongst the pigeons, the US presence at U-Tapao is highly contentious. The military originally claimed it was for disaster relief, yet the troop presence remains and there have been accusations of an equipment buildup. Likewise NASA asked for access to the base to install sophisticated monitoring hard ware for "climate observation". It has been alleged that this is being used as cover a for a covert forward operations base geared at clandestine work/espionage operations in China. Worth noting, both passports were also stolen in Thailand.

If I was to invent a conspiracy theory I would be thus. Given the recent Snowden revelations and period in China, Chinese officials have become aware of either a potential critical and exploitable back door built into Freescales microcontrollers, or perhaps a new ground breaking military development, for instance those worlds smallest and swallowable semiconductors.

Chinese officials have then approached someone in senior management at the Malaysian branch of Freescale and enticed them into handing over said information, using the scheduled training trip as cover.

Intelligence officials deployed in SEA have gotten wind of this and a kill order/stop at all costs mission has been placed, putting agents on the flight using old stolen passports/identities as cover.

Something has gone wrong, or they have decided to take down the flight (with explosives) because it is the only available option.

Having said all of this, there were early reports of a hijacking and that the plane had been rerouted and landed safely in southern China.

This is complete BS of course, but could form the plot to a typical B-movie or spy thriller if the current situation wasn't so tragic. I really hope foul play wasn't involved and again, can only pray that the passengers will be found safe and alive.
edit on 8-3-2014 by SuperNintendoChalmers because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-3-2014 by SuperNintendoChalmers because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

It's the silence from the pilots before they dropped off radar that leads me to that conclusion. Any other scenario they could have put out a mayday.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Leonidas

Bilk22

Leonidas

Bilk22

Leonidas
reply to post by Bilk22

If you look up above I did answer that question specifically in a reply to you, directly.

I know the this thread is moving fast, so that can happen.

It seems that the Italian and Australian ministers offered verification of the stolen passports. Then there's this from this link.

China Southern, who jointly shared the route with Malaysian Airlines in what is termed in the industry a 'code share', said in a statement it had sold tickets to one Austrian and one Italian

I guess the passports and the loss of the plane cannot be separated at this point in time.

I never said it was separated, in fact I said to investigate them. My main point about the passports is that statistics show they are right up there with coins-in-the-couch for their ability to get lost and stolen in huge, huge numbers so it is unlikely it is tied to the cause.

There are a number of non-bomb, non-terrorist reasons for a flight to go down in this fashion and there is a real chance that the true cause will be found given the general location of the FDR/CVR at a relatively shallow depth.
Well the passport issue certainly isn't benign. The use of the stolen passport for the purchase of a ticket does not mean the persons who used them for that purpose ever boarded the plane. All we know is two tickets were purchased with stolen passports. For what purpose is yet to be determined. Wouldn't you agree? Or are stolen passports used every day to purchase airline tickets? Should we be concerned?
edit on 8-3-2014 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

If you had the chance to read my posts on the passport issue, you would see that I stately clearly many posts ago that the passport situation should be investigated. That said, I believe the established course of investigation into air crashes like this will more likely produce the cause of the crash.

Can we please move on from this? I dont want to be thought to be avoiding posts and questions, but I just dont find the stolen passport issue that compelling at this point.

I am more interested in the retrieval of debris and date recorders, if possible.

Well the retrieval of debris and any eventuality of the cause will probably take a very long time. However, ascertaining the identity of two illicit passengers, if they were indeed passengers and not there to plant something on the departing flight, is a much more obtainable goal in a short span of time. Security cameras surely captured everyone who boarded or are security cameras passé? Then the pics need to be matched the those known to have boarded, leaving the two, if they did board, exposed in a picture. Then their identities need to be discovered.

I do find the idea you're trying to push, that the fact two people allegedly boarded this flight surreptitiously, is merely incidental and not a good starting point for eliminating one unknown and probably much more quickly than the rest of the investigation will proceed.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Sending a distress call is the last thing that they do. Step one is recover from the problem. Step two is figure out why it happened. Once you are under control you worry about telling people.

But there are several reasons for no radio call. Loss of electrical power, sudden break up, radio malfinction as part of whatever happened, etc.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

If this incident proves to be terror related and associated with the 2 people who were using false passports, how did the Airport staff or computer terminals miss the error??

Surely those passport ID Numbers would have been cancelled when the new Passports were issued??

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
They should have the good old NSA review all their Sat data. They seem to have data on so much stuff, after all.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

TruthxIsxInxThexMist

If this incident proves to be terror related and associated with the 2 people who were using false passports, how did the Airport staff or computer terminals miss the error??

Surely those passport ID Numbers would have been cancelled when the new Passports were issued??
Well there's a thought amongst a few here that identifying the persons who used stolen passports to board a craft that vanished from the sky, isn't all that important at this time. I'm not sure I agree. In my estimation, this is the easiest step in the investigation to initiate and maybe even solve - whether or not it's related to the event. Maybe they were two people who would use stolen passports for a benign reason

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Doesn't some of the equipment on airliners automatically send out maydays even if the humans are incapacitated? Say when the play falls rapidly? Seems to me they're either not releasing the information (yet if ever) or whatever happened was of very sudden, nnihilatingly catastrophic nature and there just was no time.

reply to post by roadgravel

Errr...only if the satellites...um...happened to be pointed in that particular area at that particular time. And even if they were, what are the odds that the likes of us would ever find out about it?

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Bilk22

TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Well there's a thought amongst a few here that identifying the persons who used stolen passports to board a craft that vanished from the sky, isn't all that important at this time. I'm not sure I agree. In my estimation, this is the easiest step in the investigation to initiate and maybe even solve - whether or not it's related to the event. Maybe they were two people who would use stolen passports for a benign reason

Its still strange though, how the computer terminals or staff didnt spot that the Passports had been cancelled, if indeed they were cancelled? They must have been cancelled... they had these passports stolen over a year ago, one of them 2 years ago.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

In the overall investigation it isn't yet. They don't even know where it is, let alone why it happened. People are already getting so locked in on these passports that even if it can be proven beyond any doubt it was a mechanical problem it will never be accepted.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

And even if they were, what are the odds that the likes of us would ever find out about it?

We can figure it's close to zero. Given it's on the edge of the South China Sea, odds may favor that area being watched.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by Bilk22

In the overall investigation it isn't yet. They don't even know where it is, let alone why it happened. People are already getting so locked in on these passports that even if it can be proven beyond any doubt it was a mechanical problem it will never be accepted.

I'm new to this thread. sorry if my dilemna has been bought up already but I'm just trying to ascertain how 2 passports which went missing a year and 2 years ago were used by someone on this flight?

I'm pretty sure the ID numbers which are on every Passport would have been cancelled 2 years ago and 1 year ago respectively..

edit on CSTSat, 08 Mar 2014 13:15:09 -0600u3101x009x0 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

An ELT that is in the water will sometimes not be able to be heard.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Beyond the ELT, I beleive there are sensors on other pieces of equipment that send signals. Oxygen deprivation in the cockpit, rapid loss of elevation, no response to pings in X amount of time.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Oh it's definitely worth investigating, don't get me wrong. Just don't get locked into the idea that they had to have done something until we get more data.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Zaphod58

So a submarine would be needed? To be close enough to hear. Or a boat trolling along with equipment..

( Back on topic )

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by Bilk22

Well right now the use of two stolen passports to purchase tickets on this allegedly fateful flight, is the only hard evidence of something amiss.

Heck, from some of the earlier posts regarding the semiconductor company personnel on this flight, we could possibly look at the stolen passport issue as a misdirect.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
www.flightradar24.com...

The flight looks to be about 100 km off course. Is this within normal operating bounds?

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Bigburgh

Zaphod58

So a submarine would be needed? To be close enough to hear. Or a boat trolling along with equipment..

( Back on topic )

No. This would be while they were still In the air.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Just seen on BBC news.
they found a oil slick!
it may be the plain.

and BBC news said some Italians and Austrians
that ware said to be on the plain?
well they are Not?
they all had there pass ports stolen!!!!!

sound like a set up for blaming terrorists, sighs.....
they need to get new script writers.
like saying a privet drone hit it!

It has been reported that two passengers who were listed on the plane's manifest - an Italian and an Austrian - were not actually on the flight.

BBC news link

edit on 8-3-2014 by buddha because: felt like it!

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join