It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Thanks..I had to Google it..lol

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigburgh

Side scan sonar will hear it as well as other systems.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

I would think the missing plane is evidence of something amiss.

That's just what I was talking about though. It is way too early to say it's evidence of nothing but stolen identities right now. Something to look into but not fixate on.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Yes,Iam aware of that. That is how I concluded whatever happened originated in the cockpit. No chatter even between pilot and copilot that anything was wrong before dropping off radar. I doubt whatever it was,they barely had time to process it,let alone react.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
All we can say atm is that the plane is lost along with all souls aboard. A tragic disaster.

It's too early to speculate on cause, although has to be said that the 777 has a great safety record and the stolen passports are suspicious.

But if a terrorist attack, who and why? And moreover, why no admission?

It's a genuine mystery.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

We won't know if there was until the CVR is found and decoded.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

It has been reported that two passengers who were listed on the plane's manifest - an Italian and an Austrian - were not actually on the flight. They both reportedly had their passports stolen in Thailand.

BBC news link

edit on 8-3-2014 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

OK so let's back up 6 pages...I'm starting to forget that a plane is still the culprit. And why the pilots didn't have time to maday unless they tried but the event happend to quick...

How long before the first rescue/salvage and over haul boats arrive to the oil slicks. Or is it safe to assume that planes will continue sweeping for bigger debris...
Media is not that far along yet. Thought perhaps you had better sources.

Media is doing to much speculating too...
edit on 8-3-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigburgh

They will keep searching until they find physical debris.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Its still strange though, how the computer terminals or staff didnt spot that the Passports had been cancelled, if indeed they were cancelled? They must have been cancelled... they had these passports stolen over a year ago, one of them 2 years ago.

It's probably different in the USA after 9/11 but i travel a lot between Euro countries and they never really check those numbers or anything. They look at your passport, then compare your face to photo and then nothing. If you don't 'look' suspicious you're on your way.

I can only imagine the passport control in a country such as Thailand, therefore - nothing strange about this story.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Look at the length of time they searched for Air France 447. They'll find something but it may take quite a time.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

roadgravel
Look at the length of time they searched for Air France 447. They'll find something but it may take quite a time.

True..
Patience is a virtue they say..

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmocow

I don't get why everyone thinks the voice data recorder is such a big deal.

Not to say this is a conspiracy, but if they don't want us to know something, they won't tell us.

Think of Flight 800. Total cover up.

edit on 8-3-2014 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Phewww that took me a little while to catch up considering I went to bed back after page 8. I waited to comment this to make sure no one else had posted it as I didnt want to be redundant.

I was listening to the live feed that I had posted way back when until I fell asleep and they had also interviewed another woman that was suppose to be on that flight, but she had missed it just because she had her day wrong to fly home. Nothing sinister, but still another person that missed this presumed fatal flight.

I do wonder if they manifest shows the plane actually "Full." It shouldnt if this lady missed it

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
BBC news just put up how many plains crash't
in the last 15 years.

Air disasters timeline

they lose! quiet a lot.
the kind of thing the NSA CIA would do to destabilize countries.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I do wonder if they manifest shows the plane actually "Full." It shouldnt if this lady missed it

There is the possibility that someone on standby might get the seat.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
That is true roadgravel. still waking up myself.

Here is a link to a picture of the oil slick they found if anyone is interested.

Oil Slick

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I haven't read or heard that the plane crashed...why did someone above talk about the souls as if they are dead? Can a plane land somewhere else other than an airport? Chances are that it is the worst case scenario at this point...but it certainly isn't a certainty that someone decide to post as if it was....."all we know" is that this plane is missing....don't go all Fox news on a site that is about denying ignorance.

Flight tracking website flightaware.com showed the plane flew northeast over Malaysia after takeoff and climbed to an altitude of 35,000 feet. The flight vanished from the website’s tracking records a minute later while it was still climbing. ( I took this from some site, "g Captain").........can I please be the first one to say that aliens took the plane like the Bermuda Triangle or like that movie with Cheryl Ladd in it....mmmm...Cheryl Ladd...(in the voice of Homer Simpson)
edit on 8-3-2014 by Res Ipsa because: (no reason given)

I got the "g Captain" thing from the link from the person that posted before me, so read that to find the "while it was still climbing" quote.
edit on 8-3-2014 by Res Ipsa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

buddha
BBC news just put up how many plains crash't
in the last 15 years.

Air disasters timeline

they lose! quiet a lot.
the kind of thing the NSA CIA would do to destabilize countries.

Considering how many tens of thousands of planes fly every single day, it's actually not that many. Air travel is very safe.

Cars, on the other hand .....

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Sudden break up would be the most likely, in combination with a loss of electrical systems.

The cabin and cockpit crew have live comms that can be switched on and off in the cockpit and are accesible throughout the plane. These comms are routed through the flight deck and are used to stay in contact with ground personnel.

The cabin also has a separate comms system, for direct contact with airline staff. Plus an additional emergency channel/alarm, in case of extreme circumstances, like a hostage situation.

Comms operate through two systems VHF and HF. VHF is the most widely used, mainly to communicate between aircraft and ground crew. HF is used mainly on commercial flights that cross large sections of ocean. It is worth noting though that comms aren't always available, due to weather and location.

Commercial passenger jets also use ACARS, which is a subsystem for short burst reporting (i.e. take off or landing confirmations).

On top of this they have transponders which help with aircraft location and ident to other planes or ground control etc. using SSR. Further they use ADS-B which utilises GNSS to self locate and makes periodic broadcasts via radiowave frequency, to again provide ground staff and air traffic control with ongoing location updates.

Lastly most aircraft are fitted with multiple ELT's or distress radiobeacons, which broadcast in the case of an emergency.

The thing is, most of these systems are built in with several redundancies, are independent and in the case of ELT's where power is lost from both primary and backup systems (pretty hard to lose power completely in a commercial passenger jet), will continue to broadcast because they have their own power supply. In fact it is pretty hard or rare to lose all of the ELT's.

The only circumstance I can imagine, where all standard and emergency comms systems are lost is in the case of rapid and catastrophic depressurisation. It has happened maybe only once or twice in recent history, where a plane has gone down without any kind of emergency broadcast. Be that passive or via direct communique.

What could cause the kind of catastrophic failure that would lead a craft to basically vanish and break apart into small enough pieces that they aren't detected by primary radar is anyones guess. Malaysia airlines have an impressive safety and maintenance record, likewise the 777 and aircraft rarely break apart due to stress or runaway engine failure and when they do, there is almost always a history of maintenence issues. Say if the fuselage seperated due to stress and broke apart during cabin depressurisation, these segments would appear on primary radar traces and would only happen under incredibly extreme circumstances.

That's why I suspect we either aren't being fully informed, or there has been a compound of errors, both mechanical and human (possibly on the ground) that explain both why the aircraft crashed and why ground staff lost communications. Can't rule out foul play, but it would be awful if true .
edit on 8-3-2014 by SuperNintendoChalmers because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join