It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 156
<< 153  154  155    157  158  159 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Bilk22

IQPREREQUISITE

UKGuy1805
EVERYONE is being missled - the plane was turning right in a South South East direction, at the time it lost altitude then lost contact, so all reports of it traveling North, North West or West are false, i feel it has traveled South or possibly South East, if it isnt on the sea bed in that SE ocean.

Yeah...this is what I've been wondering for some time now. Every report says it turned left towards Malacca Strait but from the flight path taken from flightradar24, MH370 was obviously turning right before it lost communication.
Yeah something like this

This is the theory I like the best as it would be the simplest possible explanation. Possible that the Vietnamese picked it up on radar but have been discouraged by China from reporting?

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I don't understand this whole idea of needing to render cell phones or passengers useless. or that its strange there was no cell contact.
I've flown at least a couple of dozen times in the past few years. I've tried myself to send a text message in the air. Specifically around cities where one would think would be the best chance...No luck at all. Same with during decent, to the point you can see the airport and still no dice.
I don't think it would be as easy as someone making a text for help at 30k feet regardless of its location

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

WatchingFromtheShadows
I'm just surprised that on a site like ATS, and especially after the happenings of 9/11/2001, so many people refuse to consider the possibility of a covert US operation to hijack a plane. There were undoubtedly people onboard (defense contractors) who would have been of great intrest to the US. If it was determined that some big breakthrough was made, i wouldn't rule out such a devious plan. Look at the big picture. Which way did the radar indicate the plane had diverted to? Where would potential abductors have an opportunity to land? Which airfields would have been in range to accomodate an aircraft the size of a

Everything lines up perfectly, and the assumed flight time would be approx 4 hrs, the time that some datasuggests that the plane was still flying. Diego Garcia is remote and inaccesible to all except those stationed there. They have the runway and hangar facilities to hide a plane that size.

To the naysayers I ask, with the extremey sensitive nature of that facility in regards to US strategic interests, shouldn't their facilities have been able to track a "rogue" 777 in the middle of the Indian Ocean heading directly for their location? Why isn't that information available?

Yes the US should have been able to track it if it flew in that direction, however the flying for 4 hours thing is still unconfirmed from the 2 still unamed sources, so maybe there was nothing to track. On the other hand Malaysia said this morning they were working through radar data from other countries to try and confirm whether the plane did turn...so maybe we will hear what the US tracked (or not) in the next couple of days

Has anyone found out if the freescale engineers were really worth all this trouble? What were their actual roles and expertise? And why would the US 'covertly' steal a 777 and land it at one of their own bases?

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

is this it? i posted it a few days ago

m.military.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by NateEnigma

i read something a few hours ago about the mobile phones, the article said "And the phones are not dead ringing as can happen with some american carriers, because on one occasion one of the phones was picked up and hung up without anything being said. But NOPE, NOTHING on this from the NSA,"

i found it here, its worth a read: www.jimstonefreelance.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

BABYBULL24
Plane went from 35,000ft to 45,000ft (above ceiling) of aircraft and down to 23,000 ft .
Wild ride.

Certified to fly at 43,000 or something like that.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

~Lucidity
reply to post by WatchingFromtheShadows

I've considered and seen MANY people consider just this. Have you been asleep for a week or maybe just too deep within the shadows to see?

Sorry, I've been a member of ATS for 3 days now... I should have known better than to say anything without first researching the hundreds of pages here. I'll just keep my thought and comments to myself.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Arbitrageur

Bilk22
OK thanks. So they allegedly flew thru that cluster of radar coverage undetected? Is that what's being suggested?
Did someone suggest that?

What I recall is the Malasian military saying they tracked an unidentified plane flying toward the Malacca Strait. If that was the missing plane (and we still don't know if it was or not, do we?), then it was obviously detected by radar.
It's been implied and why everyone is running to the Indian Ocean. When I suggested that after the transponders were turned off and it continued to fly to China as a hijacked craft, the idea was shot down because it was claimed that radar would still see it as an unidentified craft. Why doesn't that logic apply to the scenario where it made an abrupt turn, flew back over Malaysia and headed to the middle of the Indian Ocean?

I still see how it could have been hijacked, as the threat was real considering the warnings that were issued in the prior weeks, and then continued to China only to be intercepted by Chinese military, as was originally reported?

The only thing I see as a twist to the whole thing is, this missing plane is providing the opportunity and cover for those interested in protecting Ukraine interests against Russia, the ability to move vessels and hardware into the region. The US has missile destroyers moving into the Malacca Strait and points beyond. I guess this would take the cooperation of quite a few entities and all of which probably have something to lose if Russia takes the Ukraine. Malaysia seems to have a lot of interest in exports to the Ukraine, however that's probably not enough to have this happen. China would be the only other major player that might not want Russia in the Ukraine. This still fits the scenario if the original report is true and they have the plane grounded in Nanming.

Other than that, it must be aliens.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

slippeddisc
reply to post by rigel4

is this it? i posted it a few days ago

m.military.com...

It's not the one i found .. but your find opens up
the disappearance to all sorts of new theories.

dam

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

don't feel like that mate, theres so many theories going on i don't think people know which way to turn!

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Bilk22- all the big players must have something to gain by continuing the charade. But the story can't end as "it must have disappeared somewhere in a deep section of the Indian Ocean," can it?

Maybe someone has this info- what was the last plane crash investigation the didn't conclude with the finite identification of some sort of wreckage? I am guessing that is a likely scenario at this point.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

~Lucidity

BABYBULL24
Plane went from 35,000ft to 45,000ft (above ceiling) of aircraft and down to 23,000 ft .
Wild ride.

Certified to fly at 43,000 or something like that.

"The 777 is capable of cruising at altitudes up to 43,100 feet" according to the Boeing web site. That is not to say it cannot climb above briefly.
www.boeing.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
sorry if this has been posted,

A satellite company said its network had picked up “routine, automated signals” from the plane, but executives would not say for how long. Such pings are only received when the normal data transmission is not operating, once per hour, the company, Inmarsat, told the Guardian.

Guardian transport correspondent Gwyn Topham (@GwynTopham) has confirmed with the satellite company Inmarsat that its network registered “routine automated signals” from MH370. “The signals, described as a series of ‘pings’ to the satellite, indicated that its communication system was still working, but not transmitting data,” Gwyn writes, and “such pings are only received when the normal data transmission is not operating, once per hour.

The information would support theories that the plane’s system was deliberately switched off”: David Coiley, vice president, aviation, at Inmarsat, said: “When the system is not transmitting or receiving data on the aircraft, it will send network signalling info to establish that the aircraft satellite communication is switched on, to say that the system could communicate. If we haven’t seen any activity from an aircraft or ship it’s a check. It’s a simple acknowledgement. “The ping doesn’t say anything other than that the satellite communications is functioning.”

Coiley said an analogy was signalling that mobile phones use that is noticeable as interference (eg near radios) even when not in use, as they establish contact with networks. Such signals would not transmit location but can indicate a position and distance relative to the satellite which could give a guide to a rough direction of travel over several hours. The Inmarsat system is installed in over 90% of long haul passenger planes worldwide. Coiley told Gwyn that any total absence of communication during normal aviation would be “a highly unusual situation. The systems are designed to allow people to communicate when they want to communicate, constantly.”

www.theguardian.com... page=7

So we could say the plane flew on for at least one hour after the last contact and they should know roughly where it is now depending on how long that takes to calculate. Maybe the 2 unnamed sources were correct.

link   
Godzilla is the only logical explanation

link   
reply to post by rockflier

Thanks. Thought that was what I read. Can radar still see a plane that high? Does it have to be zoned in?

Aww no worries. Didn't realize. And yes, it can be overwhelming. This is a very large thread. And there are more than a few spin offs on ancilary topics. However, one thing you can always be sure of...people are always questioning, speculating, and searching for answers here.

edit on 3/14/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Soloprotocol

BABYBULL24
Wild ride.

and not one phone or text message from passengers..??

I can only recommend anyone to read up on Wikipedia on Air France Flight AF 447 which IMHO has *lots* of similarities with this incident.

Short recap: A combination of iced speed indicator, confusing controls and a rookie pilot.....plane got into what's called a "deep stall" at 37.000ft, chief pilot went to sleep and rookie pilot did exactly the wrong thing (when a plane is in stall you do NOT try to further ascend, you try to descend to recover plane).

When the plane went into stall, the pilots did NOT know for the longest time that they were actually DESCENDING extremely fast, they actually asked multiple times "are we descending or ascending?", while rookie pilot kept pulling back.

We can assume that no one, not the pilots and not the passengers besides feeling some shaking didn't realize they were actually going down that fast. Pilots only realized they were descending and the rookie pilot pulling back at 2000ft over the sea. This was already too late for the pilot to recover the plane (which required pulling the nose down to gain forward speed).

THIS situation to me looks very similar, in particular that climbing to 45.000ft. Question here...pilot error..stall???...or someone having overtaken the plane trying to fly the plane, someone who didn't have the knowledge. (Pilots unconscious/dead maybe w/ hijacker flying and the plane later on crashing somewhere?)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

~Lucidity
reply to post by rockflier

Thanks. Thought that was what I read. Can radar still see a plane that high? Does it have to be zoned in?

Radar can see aircraft at that altitude and much higher, as in the case of the SR-71.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
In one hour it will be a week since this thread was posted.

And no real progress at all. One wild goose chase after another. And the greatest minds don't seem to have anymore of a clue than we do. But I think someone knows.

(My hopeful theory is that the Chinese used this to test their cloaking technology and the experiment was embarrassing and they're trying to find a face-saving way out of it and everyone on board is okay. My fatalistic one is that it was struck by a meteor or abducted into space.)

Sad.

www.reuters.com...

edit on 3/14/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

NoRulesAllowed

Soloprotocol

BABYBULL24
Wild ride.

and not one phone or text message from passengers..??

I can only recommend anyone to read up on Wikipedia on Air France Flight AF 447 which IMHO has *lots* of similarities with this incident.

Short recap: A combination of iced speed indicator, confusing controls and a rookie pilot.....plane got into what's called a "deep stall" at 37.000ft, chief pilot went to sleep and rookie pilot did exactly the wrong thing (when a plane is in stall you do NOT try to further ascend, you try to descend to recover plane).

When the plane went into stall, the pilots did NOT know for the longest time that they were actually DESCENDING extremely fast, they actually asked multiple times "are we descending or ascending?", while rookie pilot kept pulling back.

We can assume that no one, not the pilots and not the passengers besides feeling some shaking didn't realize they were actually going down that fast. Pilots only realized they were descending and the rookie pilot pulling back at 2000ft over the sea. This was already too late for the pilot to recover the plane (which required pulling the nose down to gain forward speed).

THIS situation to me looks very similar, in particular that climbing to 45.000ft. Question here...pilot error..stall???...or someone having overtaken the plane trying to fly the plane, someone who didn't have the knowledge. (Pilots unconscious/dead maybe w/ hijacker flying and the plane later on crashing somewhere?)

This is all very true-- and would be the simplest explanation, if it weren't for the issue of the transponder being turned off. My understanding of the Air France crash is that the investigators couldn't find the wreckage--- they were aware the entire time that it had crashed and had a general idea of where to look.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRulesAllowed

Somewhat plausible, as are any other of the guesses, except that a plane in stall, will not climb very well. It will fall.

edit on 14-3-2014 by zayonara because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 153  154  155    157  158  159 >>

join