It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 158
<< 155  156  157    159  160  161 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Interesting reading regarding how the tracking, reporting, data systems could be disabled. online.wsj.com... 2702304914904579439653701712312.html

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

nextone

reply to post by nextone

I find this event a little creepy because when I was a little girl, too young to remember, I was on a plane that supposedly had the radar go out. (At least this was the formal excuse provided after the flight landed).

According to my mother, it was on a flight from San Francisco to Chicago. As the flight was about to land it Chicago it sudden pulled up. They told the passengers no spot was available to land. The plane then proceeded to Wisconsin and then to Cleveland with the same excuse that no spot was available to land.

Previously on the flight, my mom said the flight attendant was super nice to her and was very understanding about my brother with autism. After the aborted landing she became very tense and insisted we all had to stay in our seat with our seat belts on.

The plane finally landed in Indiana. There were a ton of fire trucks and ambulances waiting for the plane to land. The firemen came on the plane and carried me off. We were bused to Chicago and that was the end of it - no newspaper article or anything.

Most likely the radar didn't go out but there was probably mechanical failures and the flight was just burning fuel. But still this whole situation makes me think.

Also, as a side note a few years ago, I was flying over the pacific ocean when there was an aviation communication blackout over the western states. When we were finally told about it the situation had been in progress for over an hour and the in flight phones stopped working.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by rockflier

A WSJ journalist is on CNN now. His sources say "one or more people on the plane deliberately changed its course and tried to mask its location." Another guest, Ron Brown, says it's sabotage, too.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

drwill

A WSJ journalist is on CNN now. His sources say "one or more people on the plane deliberately changed its course and tried to mask its location." Another guest, Ron Brown, says it's sabotage, too.

More and more interesting. The link I supplied says that it HAS to be an inside job, as in order to disable the systems requires an intimate knowledge of the systems and locations of breakers, connections, and panels.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

A great article. Thanks for posting the link. I'm glad the reporter at WSJ kept digging, especially after yesterday's smackdown.
(Guests on CNN are now saying that the whole crew may have been involved--and they are taking a second look at the Iranians with the stolen passports.)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by drwill

The whole crew! What in the heck was their intention with that plane? This is so bizarre!

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I was wondering why nobody in the plane had used their phones. Don't most all phones have GPS. I know they can locate stolen computers and phones this way.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Huge long story here:

www.dailymail.co.uk... ly-hijacking-theory.html

US says missing Malaysian jet could be 'act of PIRACY': Did 777 secretly land after being flown for hours with plane's locators deliberately turned off?

Plane may have been deliberately flown across Malay peninsula, sources say

Military radar-tracking evidence reportedly suggests it was heading towards the Andaman Islands

Third source claims inquiries were increasingly focusing on theory someone who knew how to fly a plane deliberately diverted the flight

Investigations sources also say plane may have climbed to more than 45,000ft immediately after losing contact - higher than the plane is allowed

Rival theory: Cargo of batteries could have caught fire, downing the plane

Expert suggested a pilot could have crashed plane as an act of suicide

Search efforts being stepped up in the Andaman Sea and Indian Ocean

Lots of pictures and info

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Jennyfrenzy

Some of Anderson Cooper's guests have done a 180. Yesterday, Barbara was saying "catastrophic event," and now she's saying sabotage. Big change from "the batteries did it."

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

berkeleygal
Huge long story here:

www.dailymail.co.uk... ly-hijacking-theory.html

Investigations sources also say plane may have climbed to more than 45,000ft immediately after losing contact - higher than the plane is allowed

Lots of pictures and info

Max cruising altitude (max altitude) is 43,100

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

drwill
reply to post by Jennyfrenzy

Some of Anderson Cooper's guests have done a 180. Yesterday, Barbara was saying "catastrophic event," and now she's saying sabotage. Big change from "the batteries did it."

Any surprises there? Just goes to show how the media is grasping at straws. They need to read ATS more often.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by drwill

It's interesting how the story seems to shift daily. I found this interesting as it would require other members of the flight crew or someone with the know how.

If multiple communication systems aboard Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 were manually disabled, as investigators increasingly suspect happened, it would have required detailed knowledge of the long-range Boeing Co. 777's inner workings. The first loss of the jet's transponder, which communicates the jet's position, speed and call sign to air traffic control radar, would require disabling a circuit breaker above and behind an overhead panel. Pilots rarely, if ever, need to access the circuit breakers, which are reserved for maintenance personnel.

WSJ

Wonder exactly how many people are involved, if it is sabotage, and how much does the Malaysian government know?
edit on 14-3-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I was just thinking...
Don't all passenger flights now have an Undercover Armed Air Marshall on board for exactly these situations (suspected terror)???...
To contact base discreetly if unable to nullify potential hi-jackings???

I thought this was mandatory policy & protocol post-9/11!?!?

No one has mentioned this so far...
Or at least not unless I missed it somewhere!

Peace MH370 xxx

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

CharlieSpeirs
I was just thinking...
Don't all passenger flights now have an Undercover Armed Air Marshall on board for exactly these situations (suspected terror)???...
To contact base discreetly if unable to nullify potential hi-jackings???

I thought this was mandatory policy & protocol post-9/11!?!?

No one has mentioned this so far...
Or at least not unless I missed it somewhere!

Peace MH370 xxx

Some, not all, in the US. Not sure about other nations. (This was as of 2008 when I retired from the airlines.)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CharlieSpeirs

No, not in the US and not internationally either.

Air Marshalls

though the ranks of the marshal program have swelled since September 11, it is not possible to have a marshal on every flight. Officials estimate that even for the highest-priority flights (the determination of which is made by analyzing a number of factors, such as major events that may attract tourist attention), only about 15% had an air marshal on board in the first year after September 11.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
According to the article it climbed to 45,000 feet then dropped to 23,000 feet before climbing again.

Would this drop depressurize the plane?

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Daughter2
According to the article it climbed to 45,000 feet then dropped to 23,000 feet before climbing again.

Would this drop depressurize the plane?

No

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

edit on 14-3-2014 by auroraaus because: above poster beat me to it, sorry!

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

reply to post by Arbitrageur

Thank you both for the insight!!!

It was just a flash thought really.
Thinking about it, it does seem an impossible task to man every flight!

Hindsight eh!

Peace to you both!

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by auroraaus

Thanks, I appreciate the input!

I did suspect it may just be the US, but also wondered if it was a Global initiative!

Peace Aurora!

new topics

top topics

<< 155  156  157    159  160  161 >>

join