It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 159
<< 156  157  158    160  161  162 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

rockflier
According to the article it climbed to 45,000 feet then dropped to 23,000 feet before climbing again.

Would this drop depressurize the plane?

No

Would the wild fluctuations cause zero gravity moments? Weightlessness like the astronauts experience in space? Just curious….

Edit to add: it was reported that the plane had several ascents and descents, at least the last I heard, might've changed now.

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 3/14/2014 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

Wonder where they got the info-diss info about climbing to 45K and back down again, surely would meen they would have location information on it to establish that?

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

drwill
reply to post by Jennyfrenzy

Some of Anderson Cooper's guests have done a 180. Yesterday, Barbara was saying "catastrophic event," and now she's saying sabotage. Big change from "the batteries did it."

I think it has more to do with the fact that they just don't know but are afraid to look dumb saying so.

Essentially, it is what wild speculation looks like when you have a studio and a network to broadcast from.

MY speculation is that we wont really know until the plane - or it's remains - is found.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Leonidas

Not many people are mentioning Diego Garcia....it was within fuel range and who could honestly say the U.S. govt would never do something like that?

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

seentoomuch

rockflier
According to the article it climbed to 45,000 feet then dropped to 23,000 feet before climbing again.

No

Would the wild fluctuations cause zero gravity moments? Weightlessness like the astronauts experience in space? Just curious….

Edit to add: it was reported that the plane had several ascents and descents, at least the last I heard, might've changed now.

IF that did happen, and IF there was a hijacking underway, it would be one way to throw the would-be hijackers around the cabin in an effort to avoid a take-over. But that is just a guess on my part

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Lots of Getty Images and Agence Free Presse photos in this article.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

seentoomuch

rockflier

No

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

It could cause negative gs if, at the top, a nose push over was done. There is a company called zerog that does it for thrill riders in an old 707.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

doubletap
reply to post by Leonidas

Not many people are mentioning Diego Garcia....it was within fuel range and who could honestly say the U.S. govt would never do something like that?

A few dozen pages ago there was extensive banter regarding DG

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Heres an idea folks - in Flightradar24 you can click on an emblem called live view from the cockpit while in flight, this could be tried but needs a good internet connection mine is just off a dongle, by going back to the day it might work.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Leonidas

seentoomuch

rockflier

No

IF that did happen, and IF there was a hijacking underway, it would be one way to throw the would-be hijackers around the cabin in an effort to avoid a take-over. But that is just a guess on my part

At one time in the airlines we were told to pin them to the ceiling using negative gs. Then, the cabin crew and pax would be able to "contain" them.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Also if only some aircraft spotters from malaysia were on here, if they had airband scanners they may haver been listerning that evening, sometimes airways comms can be quite revealing...

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
There is talk of Hijacking and Foul play. If such a thing did occur and lets keep this on the human level, then searchers should be drawing radial circle from where plane was last radar plotted by Malaysia and looking at all known and potential places it could land based on its fuel capacity.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

UKGuy1805
Also if only some aircraft spotters from malaysia were on here, if they had airband scanners they may haver been listerning that evening, sometimes airways comms can be quite revealing...

And embarrassing at times. Some of the things one hears on the frequency are amusing.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by rockflier

Great technique! Thanks for the info you two

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Or long range UHF i assume they are still used for internal comms from air to land?

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

UKGuy1805
Or long range UHF i assume they are still used for internal comms from air to land?

Depending on distance. Over the US we used VHF through a ground relay to base. On international flights, especially over water, we used UHF or SATCOM.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Yeah i kno i used to work in the trade, and being an aircraft nut i own a radio and chuckle at some of the convo's.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by UKGuy1805

I went to Flightradar, my god, look at all those planes in the US alone. Makes me queasy

I found this video earlier tonight, posted it elsewhere... its interesting

edit on 14-3-2014 by berkeleygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

UHF could have worked then? i know of hams who listern to long range shipping and "other " transports they would have been so usefull now...

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

UKGuy1805

Yeah i kno i used to work in the trade, and being an aircraft nut i own a radio and chuckle at some of the convo's.

LOL, understood. I assume you have heard some of the "crown jewels" of commo funnies.

top topics

<< 156  157  158    160  161  162 >>

join