It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 151
<< 148  149  150    152  153  154 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by IQPREREQUISITE

At 1:20 it was at 35K then at 1:21 it went to 0 turned right the shortly after seconds) vanished off radar

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Boeing777
reply to post by qd22vcc

It's a rough sketch based closely on military radar-tracking evidence suggesting it was heading towards the Andaman Islands just after transponder contact was lost.

Here's a larger image: 'https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BirwabjCIAACtVF.png:large'

The pink triangles represent the waypoints. Waypoints are reference points in physical space used for navigation. It is mainly what flightplan routes consists of alongside VORs. The small circles with a line going across them represents runways. You'll notice Andaman is marked red meaning it is an unsuitable airfield for large aircrafts.The dashed dark blue lines encircling the towers are class D airspace.
edit on 14-3-2014 by Boeing777 because: (no reason given)

I can't help interpolate the line assuming it maintains the heading and it had enough fuel.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Sounds like what they want the media to believe..

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

seentoomuch
Rush Limbaugh just gave his theory on the missing plane. He guesses that there was a complete electronic failure but somehow the engines continued and the plane flew without guidance. It continued to fly in the dark with no lights over different countries. Due to the pilot's inability to communicate their situation one of the countries shot it down and now won't own up to it.

Well...that sounds more plausible than the stories now being posted of the plane being scooped up by a UFO.

It wouldn't be the first time a passenger plane was shot down.

List of airliner shootdown incidents

In the history of commercial aviation, there have been many airliner shootdown incidents which have been caused intentionally or by accident. This is a chronologically ordered list meant to document instances where airliners have been brought down by gunfire or missile attacks, including wartime incidents, rather than terrorist bombings or sabotage.
en.wikipedia.org...

Des

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I have been interested in aircraft for over 50years and can navigate my way round a navigation map fairly well, ive also used FR24 since it came out, and generaly get good and bad vibes over most things.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Bilk22

kanbanozaurus
reply to post by puntito

Can someone told us if you can "easily" fly low under the radar with a 777?
At what altitude means flying low with an aircraft?
Can you keep the maximum speed without chaotic handling?

I think you see my point, is it that simple?

Thank you all
Well some untrained middle easterner was able to do it on 911

With the intent of crashing the plane. He didn't have to sustain the "under the radar" altitude for long.

But on this one, I guess the question would be HOW HARD WOULD IT BE TO FLY A JUMBO JET UNDER RADAR ALTITUDE IN A SUSTAINED "CRUISE" FOR LONG DISTANCE TRAVEL?

What skill level would the pilot need?

1. Novice
2. Intermediate
3. Normal/Standard
4. Veteran
5. God Mode

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

UKGuy1805

At 1:20 it was at 35K then at 1:21 it went to 0 turned right the shortly after seconds) vanished off radar

take more than a minute to drop from 35k to 0

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Btw, commercial jets don't flying in a straight line to their destination. They fly through waypoints and VORs.

i.imgur.com...?7373
i.imgur.com...?5423

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Destinyone

seentoomuch
Rush Limbaugh just gave his theory on the missing plane. He guesses that there was a complete electronic failure but somehow the engines continued and the plane flew without guidance. It continued to fly in the dark with no lights over different countries. Due to the pilot's inability to communicate their situation one of the countries shot it down and now won't own up to it.

Well...that sounds more plausible than the stories now being posted of the plane being scooped up by a UFO.

It wouldn't be the first time a passenger plane was shot down.

List of airliner shootdown incidents

In the history of commercial aviation, there have been many airliner shootdown incidents which have been caused intentionally or by accident. This is a chronologically ordered list meant to document instances where airliners have been brought down by gunfire or missile attacks, including wartime incidents, rather than terrorist bombings or sabotage.
en.wikipedia.org...

Des

Wow! Thanks for the list. I agree, it is a possible scenario. Rush L. should join ATS, lol

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

This would be under 1000feet and possibly 150-200knots so i would say quite difficult even for an experienced pilot

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

Maybe a virus sent from the Plane to the Radar System to purposely throw off tracking!!!
A lot is being said about what Technology was on board this flight along with the Freescale employees!

I'm just throwing things out there don't mind me!

Peace Solo!

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Boeing777
reply to post by Bilk22

Btw, commercial jets don't flying in a straight line to their destination. They fly through waypoints and VORs.

i.imgur.com...?7373
Yes I assumed as much.

Everyone is putting the onus on the Malaysians as it's their craft and it originated out of Malaysia. However I assume that the Chinese have some requirements they must fulfill in tracking the flight, as the point of destination. I also assume they have a keener interest in doing so because of their politics, their militant secrecy and the fact they have not only experienced similar incidents, but were forewarned of potential hijackings. Does anyone believe they don't know exactly where this plane is?

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

They know exactly what happened to the plane and where it is now.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Boeing777
reply to post by Bilk22

They know exactly what happened to the plane and where it is now.
Yeah I've been saying so for the last 100 pages of this thread.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

Say the plane dropped verticaly at 500mph and at 35K(5 miles up) the time to ground level would be about 0.60sec, but then there would be the pressure factor, but to be honest if it was a powered dive then after the engines cut out due to pressure i assume it would still be dropping at a fair speed, so possibly not far off a minute or so.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

UKGuy1805

This would be under 1000feet and possibly 150-200knots so i would say quite difficult even for an experienced pilot

Difficult even for an experienced pilot eh? That's what I was thinking also. Coz I find it hard to imagine a hijacked jumbo jet flying under the radar over a long distance. People seem to think it's a Hollywood movie and *snap* it's just that easy to maneuver a 777.

Imagine the experienced Malaysian flight captain, UNDER EXTREME DURESS, trying to maintain less than 1000 feet of altitude at 200 knots. Highly unlikely in my opinion.

Unless the hijackers brought Maverick and Iceman and/or the captain is in on it too which again, based on what the internet has to say about him, it's highly unlikely.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

UKGuy1805

What would show on the Altimeter if it went above 50,000ft?

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Boeing777
reply to post by Bilk22

i.imgur.com...?7373
i.imgur.com...?5423

This morning I was in a 777, I asked myself this question, and I had my Garmin with me. I turned it on and when I held it against the window, it found the position and indicated altitude and speed fairly accurate.
i would say with a $60 Garmin you can fly to anywhere.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

What we dont know though is, were there any other "unidentified" planes on the radar in the area that would line up a possible destination after a possible refuel?

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by puntito

Some official speaking on NPR disregarded the idea of cell phones possibly having a gps that would ping..But if they travelled for 4-5 possible hours, you would think there would be a chance a cell phone gps pinged something..esp if your garmin worked?

top topics

<< 148  149  150    152  153  154 >>

join