It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 144
<< 141  142  143    145  146  147 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

This map is via Mikeultra via Washington Post.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

Assuming flight time was 8hrs, they could have been carrying anywhere from 51tons to 70tons depending on the load of the flight,contingency fuel and winds-aloft.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Boeing777
reply to post by puntito

'Mahdi' is not the Islamic messiah. He's just some guy who they expect to take over the whole of the Middle East(excluding Israel) and the entire North Africa. They believe he's set to appear just before the Messiah returns and unite all the Muslims.

I just say Islamic messiah because that makes it easy to understand.
The problem is that you just hit the nail on his new agenda, only his area is the whole world, and not regions.
Many sheikhs have much money and faith in mahdi to make things come true like the establishment of the sharia in the whole world. And the world just stepped on his toe.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Soloprotocol
Could someone do me a huge favour....How much fuel was on board? how far could the plane have got from Kuala Lumpur in all directions?
Could someone draw me up a Map covering the distance in all directions...circular thingy with Kuala Lumpur in the middle....

Cheers. S

I think the estimate was arounf 2000 miles worth of fuel. There's a map here, sorry can't seem to post pictures at the moment!

www.mirror.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Watching this press conference is frustrating. Reporters are asking questions that are just wasting time.

www.astroawani.com...

One asked why Malaysia is conducting the investigation. Another just asked if it's normal for pilots to have home flight simulators.

They are also asking questions about things corrected days ago, about the passengers who didn't board or that police raided the pilot's home.

Another reporter asked about all the false information and he commented that the reporters are to blame for that for posting information from unnamed sources and them having to correct that information.

And now some British sounding guy is asking if pressure should be put on Boeing and RR to make a public statement about the data they may have. I don't feel sorry for the people who have to do these press conferences.
edit on 14-3-2014 by ManiShuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   

ManiShuck
One asked why Malaysia is conducting the investigation. Another just asked if it's normal for pilots to have home flight simulators.

I have one as well.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Boeing777

Exactly. Many people do and I would think pilots are included in that. It was said he always wanted to be a pilot, so it's clear he loves flying. People who love video games have them at their home, so why shouldn't a person who loves flying have a flight simulator?

Also, I'm pretty sure half the people on PPRuNe have flight simulators and some of them also fly planes. The media just seems to be wasting time with some of their answers and making wild assumptions.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Car Nicobar India

en.wikipedia.org...

The 37 Wing Air Force Station at Car Nicobar is spread over an area of 504 acres. The 3,000-feet bitumen runway, built by the Japanese during their occupation of these islands between 1942–45, was extended to 8,886 feet by the Indian Air Force in 1967. The first Mi-8 helicopter arrived here in 1982. Besides the No. 122 Helicopter Flight of Mi-8 choppers[2] , they have the Dorniers and an Air Defence unit here.[3] The air strip was operationalised by the IAF by raising Staging Post in the year 1956, with its role as refuelling station for all aircraft flying across the Bay of Bengal. The Helicopter Flight was later inducted on 1 April 1985. The Base was upgraded to FBSU on 23 August 1986 and subsequently as a Wing on 15 September 1993.[4] The Air base was devastated by the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake and tsunami. One hundred and sixteen IAF officers and men, their wives and children died in the disaster. Little remained of the air base, which was established as India's southern-most defence post. IAF personnel worked night and day to ensure that the air base was operational again in just three-and-a-half months. The runway was repaired, navigational aids and the basic infrastructure was put back in place. On 14 April, the Car Nic Air Base resumed operations once again.[5]

Perfect spot.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   

ManiShuck
Watching this press conference is frustrating. Reporters are asking questions that are just wasting time.

www.astroawani.com...

They are also asking questions about things corrected days ago, about the passengers who didn't board or that police raided the pilot's home.

Another reporter asked about all the false information and he commented that the reporters are to blame for that for posting information from unnamed sources and them having to correct that information.

And now some British sounding guy is asking if pressure should be put on Boeing and RR to make a public statement about the data they may have. I don't feel sorry for the people who have to do these press conferences.

The media is really infuriating!

Even the latest reuters story says "As a result of the new evidence, the sources said, multinational search efforts were being stepped up in the Andaman Sea and also the Indian Ocean …

The fact that the aircraft – if it was MH370 – had lost contact with air traffic control and was invisible to civilian radar suggested someone on board had turned its communication systems off, the first two sources said."

So it's still these 2 sources close to the investigation but even if they exist, they still haven't confirmed the plane that turned was MH370! So 2 sources close to the investigation who don't really now that much but we have numerous news stories printed around these 'facts'.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePawnsTheory

starred for taking a no bs approach to this, well said.

also, you have a generico avatar, and that is great (miss seeing him wrestle... those orphans are lucky!).

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   

option158

Car Nicobar India

en.wikipedia.org...

The 37 Wing Air Force Station at Car Nicobar is spread over an area of 504 acres. The 3,000-feet bitumen runway, built by the Japanese during their occupation of these islands between 1942–45, was extended to 8,886 feet by the Indian Air Force in 1967. The first Mi-8 helicopter arrived here in 1982. Besides the No. 122 Helicopter Flight of Mi-8 choppers[2] , they have the Dorniers and an Air Defence unit here.[3] The air strip was operationalised by the IAF by raising Staging Post in the year 1956, with its role as refuelling station for all aircraft flying across the Bay of Bengal. The Helicopter Flight was later inducted on 1 April 1985. The Base was upgraded to FBSU on 23 August 1986 and subsequently as a Wing on 15 September 1993.[4] The Air base was devastated by the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake and tsunami. One hundred and sixteen IAF officers and men, their wives and children died in the disaster. Little remained of the air base, which was established as India's southern-most defence post. IAF personnel worked night and day to ensure that the air base was operational again in just three-and-a-half months. The runway was repaired, navigational aids and the basic infrastructure was put back in place. On 14 April, the Car Nic Air Base resumed operations once again.[5]

Perfect spot.
8860feet?
I just measured it that was about right

edit on 14-3-2014 by puntito because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ManiShuck

Here's my flickr

www.flickr.com/photos/93727149@N02/
edit on 14-3-2014 by Boeing777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-3-2014 by Boeing777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I'm not sure if everyone has read this Reuters exclusive on how radar data suggests the plane was deliberately flown off course: www.reuters.com...

To me, the part that says: "Two sources said an unidentified aircraft that investigators believe was Flight MH370 was following a route between navigational waypoints when it was last plotted on military radar off the country's northwest coast. This indicates that it was either being flown by the pilots or someone with knowledge of those waypoints, the sources said" indicates that these are obviously highly trained pilots with expert knowledge of aviation and regional radars and surveillance capabilities.

With due respect to the pilots and families of the pilots, I am merely speculating with no malicious intentions given that I obviously do not know any of these people personally.

With this in mind, it seems there's a possibility that one or both of the pilots were bought out to carry out this act for a third party. I feel this is more plausible than one of the passengers hijacking the plane given how smoothly it may have happened if indeed the plane flew on. Given the lack of a cargo manifesto, I would lean towards valuable cargo of some sort or valuable passenger of some sort, although you'd think a person of interest in the passenger list would've been identified already. If it were a passenger who took control, they likely gained access to the cockpit in a non-violent way.

After that, it would seem quite easy to turn off the communications and redirect the plane without any of the passengers knowing any better. The navigation panel for the entertainment system could be shut off, and a change in course would not register for the average passenger. Once they reach their new destination, their surprise would not register until they're about to land, in which case for the pilots it wouldn't matter even if the crew were not in on it. Once landed, the cabin can be raided and the crew and passengers subdued. If this is a remote airstrip or military facility of any sort, they could easily block cell phone transmissions - or it would be too late before anyone could make a call.

Anyhow, this scenario just popped into my mind, which seems plausible given how the breaking news seems to be pointing towards a well coordinated act rather than an accident - and how obviously skilled the person flying the plane must be if indeed this is the case.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by pejanene

I just landed a boeing 777 on the Car nicobar military base on my flight sim Xplane 10. seems straight forward.... I

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ManiShuck

Cheers Mani.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by pejanene

That's a plausible scenario there IF the plane went onto another destination. I definitely think they should be looking at the pilots, they probably have to some degree but at the most recent press conference the officials said they would 'raid their homes if they had to'. Why not just do it anyway? At this stage they need all the clues they can get.

It's infuriating that the 2 sources quoted in the Reuters story are unverified, the article does say "if it was MH370", so these 2 sources can't actually confirm that MH370 did turn.

As the Malaysians have requested more radar info from other countries, hopefully they can confirm it or rule it out soon.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Boeing777
Looking at Malaysian Airlines' fleet, they had one of their 777s stored in April 2013 and listed as 'stored for later use'.This airframe(9M-MRK) is fairly new and is in good shape.

What can you guys make with this info?

You know, the Titanic/Olympic conjecture re: insurance springs to mind.

Hey this is still a conspiracy site!

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Hello all, i have seen noone mention this story yet?

Chinese researchers had detected seismic activity near the waters between Malaysia and Vietnam when the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 went off the radar, adding more mystery to the disappearance of the aircraft. The "seafloor event" took place almost at the same time the Boeing 777 abruptly vanished from all radar screens.

www.ibtimes.co.uk...

I dont know the physics of all this, but it seems a bit fanciful that a plan crashing into water that could easily subermerge the entire plane would cause a seismic reaction when hitting the water... of course their would be a bump with the change in pressure, but would it really effect it that much?

One thing with this, again is the wording ... they never say that it happened when the plane lost contact, just that it happened around the same time, who knows, maybe this was some sort of quake and a new form or energy has been detected that totally broke the planes electrics (caused by the quake).

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   

auroraaus

Boeing777
Looking at Malaysian Airlines' fleet, they had one of their 777s stored in April 2013 and listed as 'stored for later use'.This airframe(9M-MRK) is fairly new and is in good shape.

What can you guys make with this info?

You know, the Titanic/Olympic conjecture re: insurance springs to mind.

Hey this is still a conspiracy site!

Who would get the insurance payout? If you mean the Airline, wouldn't they then get sued by all the families onboard? The Airline itself would probably go bust.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Do we have any experts here that can tell if an aircraft would be visible on (military) radar if it was flown at normal flight level? I know that the civil 'radar' wouldn't show the aircraft if you turn of the transponders but the military radar should show any reflection regardless if there is a transponder or not. I'm just wondering how far such a radar can look and if it's just over mainland or reach into regions over the ocean.

If the aircraft was forced to fly in low altitude to avoid radar contact the possible range would be much lower as air density is much higher there than in 30000 feet. The possible range of 4000 miles mentioned above would only be possible if it was a normal flight at 30000 feet and I guess (hope) that it is impossible to fly there without any military radar seeing you. Otherwise I will lose my trust that they can detect any missile and all those $ spend for the missile shield are useless.
edit on 1394794504355xMarchE by UnixFE because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 141  142  143    145  146  147 >>

join