It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 147
<< 144  145  146    148  149  150 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
If 'they' were smart enough, organized enough, financed enough to make it to the point of having done all of this...why wouldn't the people behind the curtains still want some tracking ability?

think about it. you researched. you've planned. you've financed. the sheer logistics involved of having X amount of people involved in this if you're going to take over a flight by whatever means and then land it somewhere to then have the plot continue.

who's to say they missed anything as far as signals go? maybe they knew full well that the maintenance/engine data would be sent out and that was what controlling interests on the ground used to track the progress of the flight.

you couldn't, i wouldn't think, just have 1 landing area planned, outfitted. too many variables going on in flight, night time, etc. i would think if this indeed happened (plane landed for future use or whatever) there were at least 3 sites prepped to receive. pings allowed to go out, although only the most undetectable pings. since no one 'should' be looking for the pings (airline not paying for the service supposedly) then who would be looking for it other than those who indeed did want to be looking for it.

this would raise the stakes from some mere rag tag bunch of pirates to something much more expensive maybe even to the level of state sponsored.

haviung said all that, that would put the eyes on who? RR! of course they would be denying that the signals were tracked!

just something to chew on...
edit on 14-3-2014 by inshel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

theabsolutetruth
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

The pings are sent from the engines via VHF Radio or Satellite, it was either these that were detected by military or the plane somehow spotted on military radar, this has yet to be clarified.

www.reuters.com...

Satellites picked up faint electronic pulses from the aircraft after it went missing on Saturday, but the signals gave no information about where the jet was heading and little else about its fate, two sources close to the investigation said on Thursday.

But the "pings" indicated its maintenance troubleshooting systems were switched on and ready to communicate with satellites, showing the aircraft was at least capable of communicating after losing touch with air traffic controllers.

The system transmits such pings about once an hour, according to the sources, who said five or six were heard. However, the pings alone are not proof that the plane was in the air or on the ground, the sources said.

This plane and possibly others - not sure if it's unique to the 777 - has another device that's not explained in that article - a device that sends a signal to flight controllers of an imminent collision with land or water. That was mentioned by one expert, but is now ignored. So one can assume, since no signal was received, that the plane has not crashed. This is rather important, one would think.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I don't believe I saw this link posted. .. Chinese says there was a "seismic event" occurring at the location where the plane first cut off communication. ..

Link to article

Wonder if they wanna sweep this under the rug for some reason and just claim the ppl dead and say it's gone never to be found.?

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by inshel

India is now searching the Bay of Bengal and it's uninhabited islands, given the nature of the search area, there are numerous possibilities of a landing site, it could have landed, refueled, resprayed and flown on somewhere else already. Technically it could now be anywhere.

RR refusing to comment could mean a few things, that it knows more than is allowed to say, the released investigation will only make some information public when it is safe to. Or legally isn't allowed to. There could be further information that isn't being released yet due to the ongoing investigations.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

I understand that thanks, I have posted a couple of times where the 'pings' were coming from. I was trying to point out that RR would not be the ones receiving Satellite pings as you stated in an earlier post.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

theabsolutetruth
reply to post by inshel

India is now searching the Bay of Bengal and it's uninhabited islands, given the nature of the search area, there are numerous possibilities of a landing site, it could have landed, refueled, resprayed and flown on somewhere else already. Technically it could now be anywhere.

RR refusing to comment could mean a few things, that it knows more than is allowed to say, the released investigation will only make some information public when it is safe to. Or legally isn't allowed to. There could be further information that isn't being released yet due to the ongoing investigations.

Rolls Royce have commented and denied getting any more data from their engines after the plane went missing. They stated this at the last press conference.

As Hishammuddin mentioned, Rolls-Royce has issued a statement denying that its engines sent out signals from the missing aircraft after it vanished from air traffic control screens.

www.theguardian.com...-5322d72be4b04f4ca4499f bd

edit on 14-3-2014 by DrHammondStoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

theabsolutetruth
reply to post by inshel

Did they explain why the device that signals an imminent crash was not activated?
edit on 58706Fridayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
If this plane has been hijacked by terrorists then Malaysia will have to invade Iraq.

Gonna need a little help, right? Ask 'Muirca!

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Is there anything to confirm that this same device would send a signal upon the impact of a Missile or any Air Defence System?

If it rules out a crash and being shot down only 3 options are left...
& 2 of those are other Worldly with wormhole/vortex theories or Mothership abduction!!!

Now given that those 2 are the least likely of all theories that have floated around...
Then this Plane must have landed somewhere, it's the only viable option left if this device does indeed work in such a way!

Unless they received a signal & are not disclosing that, this is now an Investigation that needs to be brought to Land only!!!
& sooner rather than later because if they spend too much time at Sea that's a lot of precious time wasted!
This Plane could very well be on the move right now!

Peace Bilk!

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

CharlieSpeirs
reply to post by Bilk22

Is there anything to confirm that this same device would send a signal upon the impact of a Missile or any Air Defence System?

If it rules out a crash and being shot down only 3 options are left...
& 2 of those are other Worldly with wormhole/vortex theories or Mothership abduction!!!

Now given that those 2 are the least likely of all theories that have floated around...
Then this Plane must have landed somewhere, it's the only viable option left if this device does indeed work in such a way!

Unless they received a signal & are not disclosing that, this is now an Investigation that needs to be brought to Land only!!!
& sooner rather than later because if they spend too much time at Sea that's a lot of precious time wasted!
This Plane could very well be on the move right now!

Peace Bilk!
I doubt it's able to determine an attack. It is an alarm that will be transmitted to the cockpit and controllers that the plane is in risk of hitting land or water.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

The black box that sends that signal. Though ACARS gives more specific information.

After a plane has crashed, the black box transmits a homing beacon, but the range is only 2,000 or 3,000 yards, and even less if it is deep underwater.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... reveals.html#ixzz2vwSGi7ha

www.bbc.co.uk...

ACARS is a service that allows computers aboard the plane to "talk" to computers on the ground, relaying in-flight information about the health of its systems.

ACARS data from Air France Flight 447 revealed how things started to go wrong.

Messages are transmitted either by radio or digital signals via satellites, and can cover anything from the status of the plane's engines to a faulty toilet.

This provides ground crews with vital diagnostic information, allowing maintenance to be carried out more quickly.

In the Air France case, ACARS highlighted faulty speed readings, which caused the air crew to become disorientated.

The Wall Street Journal has reported that US investigators believe that aircraft manufacturer Boeing received ACARS updates for around five hours after flight MH370 disappeared.

edit on 14-3-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

There hasn't been reports yet suggesting ACARS sending 'crash' signals.

Due to the secrecy of information being released it suggests more is at play than a crash.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

theabsolutetruth
reply to post by Bilk22

The black box that sends that signal. Though ACARS gives more specific information.

After a plane has crashed, the black box transmits a homing beacon, but the range is only 2,000 or 3,000 yards, and even less if it is deep underwater.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... reveals.html#ixzz2vwSGi7ha

www.bbc.co.uk...

ACARS is a service that allows computers aboard the plane to "talk" to computers on the ground, relaying in-flight information about the health of its systems.

ACARS data from Air France Flight 447 revealed how things started to go wrong.

Messages are transmitted either by radio or digital signals via satellites, and can cover anything from the status of the plane's engines to a faulty toilet.

This provides ground crews with vital diagnostic information, allowing maintenance to be carried out more quickly.

In the Air France case, ACARS highlighted faulty speed readings, which caused the air crew to become disorientated.

he Wall Street Journal has reported that US investigators believe that aircraft manufacturer Boeing received ACARS updates for around five hours after flight MH370 disappeared.

No there's a separate device that will signal the cockpit and the controllers the plane is in immanent risk of a collision with land or water, prior to that occurrence. It's an alarm that's activated automatically.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I haven't seen this addressed here yet in depth.

I'm talking about the potential lies, sketchiness of Boeing's remarks, and the timing of the FAA's AD towards Boeing's 777s.

Is Boeing trying to cover up? And hide behind the Malaysian authorities?

The motives would definitely be present in light of major budget cuts in US defense, recent Boeing layoffs, and possible future lawsuits related to cracking.

We are living in a corporate oligarchy, after all.
Thoughts?

Missing Malaysia plane not subject to new FAA directive: Boeing

WASHINGTON, March 13 (Xinhua) -- Boeing said Thursday a new U.S. directive that warns of a "cracking" problem on Boeing 777 airplanes did not apply to the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370.

Just days before the Malaysia flight disappeared, the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) published an "airworthiness directive (AD)," ordering "repetitive inspections" for "cracking and corrosion" problems on certain Boeing 777 planes.

"We are issuing this AD to detect and correct cracking and corrosion in the fuselage skin, which could lead to rapid decompression and loss of structural integrity of the airplane," the U.S. aviation regulator said.

Boeing spokesman, however, told Xinhua, that the antenna covered by the AD was not installed on MH370, a Boeing 777-200ER, "so that airplane is not subject to the AD or the related Service Bulletin."

Meanwhile, Laura Brown, deputy assistant administrator for public affairs of the FAA, also denied the possibility that the accident may be linked to the "cracking and corrosion" problem.

"This (AD) applies only to U.S. registered aircraft," Brown told Xinhua. "The civil aviation authorities in other countries usually issue identical or similar directives that apply to aircraft registered in their countries."

The directive, first drawn up on Sept. 26, 2013, was approved on Feb. 18 and published in the U.S. Federal Register on March 5. It's due to take effect on April 9.

In the notice, the FAA said one operator had reported a 16-inch (40.6-centimeter) crack under the 3-bay SATCOM antenna adapter plate in the crown skin of the fuselage on an airplane that was 14 years old with approximately 14,000 total flight cycles.

Contacted by Xinhua, Boeing said it has no response to the report. "Because the Malaysian authorities are leading the investigation, this inquiry should be directed to them." the spokesman said.

edit on 14-3-2014 by watchesfromwall because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

I appreciate that Bilk!

I was asking out of hope really...
Everything from my perspective points to shot down & covered up!!!

I pray that I'm wrong!

Peace Bilk!

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

CharlieSpeirs
reply to post by Bilk22

I appreciate that Bilk!

I was asking out of hope really...
Everything from my perspective points to shot down & covered up!!!

I pray that I'm wrong!

Peace Bilk!
Coverup no doubt. However I still feel the plane is somewhere intact. Well I'm sure by now you know what I think
This event is too similar to the other hijacking attempts of a China bound craft.
edit on 59720Fridayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I've been lurking at this site for quite awhile and this event has interested me enough to make a comment.

My observations at the very outset of this drama were that it was fishy because of the way the MSM were pumping it into our living rooms as if a plane had never gone missing before. The New York TImes had two articles on its front page which is unusual considering it had little to do with the USA. Normally this kind of event would make the World News section if it was lucky. Remember, this is only hours after it was first missing when the normal assumption would be it crashed and that debris would be found.

The MSM have been in overdrive with this drama but when CNN or 'esteemed' outlets like the Wall Street Journal release 'exclusive' info, it has later been debunked by the Malaysians. It strikes me as if the US is trying to drive the story in a particular direction and Malaysia has not wanted to play ball. I noticed that after the Malaysians started refuting the American media reports that the level of media coverage dropped somewhat.

That was my first impressions. My theory is the US (and allies) are trying to move military hardware into a position where it has leverage against China should the situation in the Ukraine kick off into something more serious that it is at present without rattling sabres directly. This could be a by-product of the jet's disappearance or it could be the reason for it.
edit on 14-3-2014 by Splodge because: added info

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Definitely! I've enjoyed your input very much!

Well I hope you are right to be honest, it gives hope that those on board are still somewhere alive, especially the 3 infants!
& the anniversary theory you proposed is very important!
I truly don't believe in coincidence, as soon as you mentioned it, alarms bells started ringing IMO!

Peace B!

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Splodge
I've been lurking at this site for quite awhile and this event has interested me enough to make a comment.

My observations at the very outset of this drama were that it was fishy because of the way the MSM were pumping it into our living rooms as if a plane had never gone missing before. The New York TImes had two articles on its front page which is unusual considering it had little to do with the USA. Normally this kind of event would make the World News section if it was lucky. Remember, this is only hours after it was first missing when the normal assumption would be it crashed and that debris would be found.

The MSM have been in overdrive with this drama but when CNN or 'esteemed' outlets like the Wall Street Journal release 'exclusive' info, it has later been debunked by the Malaysians. It strikes me as if the US is trying to drive the story in a particular direction and Malaysia has not wanted to play ball. I noticed that after the Malaysians started refuting the American media reports that the level of media coverage dropped somewhat.

That was my first impressions. My theory is the US (and allies) are trying to move military hardware into a position where it has leverage should Ukraine kick off into something more serious that it is at present without rattling sabres directly. This could be a by-product of the jet's disappearance or it could be the reason for it.
Yes. I believe the Malaysians are stuck between a rock and a hard place. They didn't report the missing flight for 6 hours. One has to wonder who asked them to hold off on reporting it. My guess is the other end of the flight.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

CharlieSpeirs
reply to post by Bilk22

Definitely! I've enjoyed your input very much!

Well I hope you are right to be honest, it gives hope that those on board are still somewhere alive, especially the 3 infants!
& the anniversary theory you proposed is very important!
I truly don't believe in coincidence, as soon as you mentioned it, alarms bells started ringing IMO!

Peace B!
Yeah I don't believe in them either

new topics

top topics

<< 144  145  146    148  149  150 >>

join