It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 117
<< 114  115  116    118  119  120 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

It's my understand Rolls Royce would know about that new engine data, not Boeing. I do agree though that we shouldn't jump to any conclusions.

Like I said earlier, half of what we are told today will change within the next 24 hours.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ManiShuck

Rolls Royce is the one saying they are working with Malaysia and investigators and are declining any comment outside of to investigators. It is Rolls Royce I quoted.

We continue to monitor the situation and to offer Malaysia Airlines our support," a Rolls-Royce representative said Wednesday, declining further comment.

"The disappearance is officially now an accident and all information about this is strictly handled by investigators," said a Rolls-Royce executive who declined to be named, citing rules of the International Civil Aviation Organization, a United Nations agency.

I had mistakenly say Boeing before I quoted Rolls Royce. Sorry... its a Boeing plane so Boeing is in my head rather than the engine maker.
edit on 13-3-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Hmm, apologies I'm on my phone so didn't read the full story. Thanks for that and yes a hit strange two unnamed sources.

Allegedly the officials are going to an undisclosed location gets even more strange.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Figured that was likely it.

We have this new release by Sky News about the RR engine info:

#MalaysiaAirlines executive tells @skynews that Rolls Royces engines stopped transmitting their routine 'health updates' when contact lost.

A briefing is scheduled in about 35 minutes.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   

And I remember that from before, they said originally and officially that there were only two transmissions from the planes engines and they stopped when contact was lost with the plane.

I will watch for this briefing here shortly. Thanks for the heads up on that.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Sorry this doesn't have much input into the thread but I have enjoyed how slow the MSM is at reporting about this event. I checked the morning papers here in the UK and a front page on one says about possible floating debris which we know by now is nothing. I do enjoy when ats members get together posting different information and try to work out what's going on
edit on 13-3-2014 by ThePeaceMaker because: Added text

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   

civpop
So the plane potentially flew for hours according to the new report hmmmm and officials are off to an undisclosed location, no wreckage found, no signals omitted gets stranger by the day this does. cnn report

I think this will instigate another round of people claiming 'the story has changed again!'

The CNN head line is " Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 kept flying for hours after last contact

The body of the article, uses the words 'suggests' and 'may have'.

" The report cites unidentified U.S. investigators drawing on data from engines
Vietnamese searchers find no debris in the latest area flagged as a possible crash site
(CNN) -- The puzzle over the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 grew even more complex Thursday when a report emerged suggesting the missing plane may have flown on for about four hours after its last reported contact."

As no wreckage has been found the investigaters are looking at ALL possibilities, as the plane had something lie 2000 miles worth of fuel on board, that's a huge radius to search starting from where ever contact was lost, this is why there has been so much backtracking, because they don't know where to look.

We knew Rolls Royce were looking at the data from the engines, so this is another example of the media stating possibilities as fact.

This possibility means the people on board could still be alive though, I hope it will be confirmed either way soon.

edit on 13-3-2014 by DrHammondStoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   

If the data actually is correct, a poster on PPRuNe mentioned that as long as it stayed outside of the VHF coverage range, it could have flown for well more than 4 hours (as the engine wouldn't send reports unless within that area). Given the other map of how far 4 hours is, the best guess looks to be Mogadishu, Somalia.

code7700.com...

I doubt that's what happened, but if the plane was hijacked, that'd be my guess. And apparently it wouldn't be the first time an aircraft was hijacked and taken there (Lufthansa Flight 181, a Boeing 737 in 1977). I'm not sure it would have had the fuel range to get there, though, and I can't find the image I had the other day, so that's the end of that speculation for now. I also think India would have the flight on their radar.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   

The plane only had enough fuel for 2,000 miles. It couldn't go farther than that...

that said officially there were said to have been two transmissions from the engine:

But New Scientist understands that the maker of the missing Boeing 777's Trent 800 engines, Rolls Royce, received two data reports from flight MH370 at its global engine health monitoring centre in Derby, UK, where it keeps real-time tabs on its engines in use. One was broadcast as MH370 took off from Kuala Lumpur International Airport, the other during the 777's climb out towards Beijing.

Source Article

So according to this, and officially according to the airline, there was no data transmitted after they lost contact with the plane and someone is going well outside of any official report to say it was in the air for 4-5 hours and possibly well outside of probability given a fuel distance of 2000 miles.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Thanks. I guess that kills that possibility.

I'm sure there has been more false info than just that. I think I read that at least two eye witness reports (including the oil rig worker) were likely fictitious. I actually wouldn't be surprised if some news stations are simply creating reports themselves.

There is also the claim that a friend of Philip Wood talked to him on a messaging service at 2:12 am. I haven't seen any mention of it elsewhere, so I'm assuming I missed where it was debunked, as it was supposedly mentioned in yesterdays press conference.

In the conversation, Wood who claims to be using his phone in the plane secretly, said that the temperature in the cabin was warm and that there seems to be a problem with the craft’s air conditioning system.

He also added that there was difficulty to breath.

english.astroawani.com...
edit on 13-3-2014 by ManiShuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   

ManiShuck

Thanks. I guess that kills that possibility.

I'm sure there has been more false info than just that. I think I read that at least two eye witness reports (including the oil rig worker) were likely fictitious. I actually wouldn't be surprised if some news stations are simply creating reports themselves.

Well that's what journalists do! They hear something and run with it, jazz it up with confident language that makes it sound factual when it may not be, I'm wondering if the latest revelation of the plane carrying on for 4 hours is a case of this. Usually when sources are not named it means it is made up or an unverifiable rumour that they just couldn't resist publishing.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   
more [speculation]
I was just thinking about the hijack and what would be the point? We have not had one for ages as far as I can remember. For this one, no-one has claimed publicly they are the hijackers, so what if is about ransom money rather than for a cause.

I think it I remember correctly, most in the past have been hijackings in the name of a cause but what if this is to either extract money from Freescale or to steal the technology they have developed? 20 people working for Freescale is a large investment and they will all be working on 4 or 5 different projects. This technology is useful to many countries and whether the company pays the ransom or not, the hostages alone are worth more than money can buy - they have the secrets of the technology in their heads. It would be rather like the Von Browns of the WWII. Scientists captured from the enemy and forced to work for you in your labs with your scientists. Never to be heard of again perhaps. These people will not have training in anti-interrogation techniques like military would, and so would probably spill a lot of technology if subjected to a small amount of 'persuasion'. The USA military or Freescale would never know how much they were forced to reveal and the technology would not be secret any longer. Secrets are only secret as long as you know no-one else knows about them and once revealed are pretty useless to the original holder.

I was also wondering if this is why the FBI were called in - because Freescale had received a ransom demand from the hijackers?
[/speculation]

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   

I am listening to the live news brief from Kuala Lumpur now with the head of the Malaysia Transport Authority, they are denying the reports from the Wall Street Journal... calling them false.

they are saying the last data transmission was at 1:07 am (their time) and the reports indicated that there was nothing wrong with the plane. He confirmed the above report that I quoted speaking of two transmissions, he is saying both reported back normal conditions for the engines and again reiterated the last data transmission was at 1:07 (their time) and that when they lost contact with the plane there was never another data transmission again.

He repeats that it can take months to find other planes in the past that went down. He says they are searching and still believing the plane crashed... they just have not located the plane yet. He says they are using sophisticated equipment and it is a multinational effort to locate the missing aircraft.

I have not heard that text you quoted. Might be true.... dont know.

edit on 13-3-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Ok lets fit latest data in my still outrageous plausible conspiracy theory.

Terrorists bought tickets. In order to not sound suspicious they asked for the cheapest tickets.
Once they found out that the tickets did not render them on the same plane and/or
the plane they would be on was not big enough for their purpose,
they just did not board the flight and waited and bought another ticket.
I find it suspicious the both Iranians did not board a plane they had bought tickets for
buying the cheapest tickets you would think they had no money to spent and not
boarding a cheapest fare ticket equals loosing the money.
They bought tickets to different destinations to render unrelated to eachother.
These new tickets did fit their goal because the airplane maybe now fit their size/range and now
they were all on the same plane.
The perpertrators got on board with some undetectable unsuspicious salt NACN
(chemicals) and a little 5 oz botle of HCL
They wait for the plane be on autopilot. (we don't want to crash)
They acted quickly within the hour, because they need 4 more hours of fuel to
be able to get where they wanted.
They poored together.
NaCN + H+ --> HCNgas + Na+ Cyanide gas.
Their gas masks protect them from dying and they simply killed the rest.
(we read that phones can still ring, but dead people do not answer)
They forced the reinforced door to the cockpit.
That doors are not that strong even so designing the doors they must be lightweight.
If nobody tries to stop you, you can also go through the wall at the toilet behind the cockpit
next to the reinforced door
They took over the plane
Turned off the transponders. We know that is just a button flip and becasue we read
the plane disappeared from the flighttracker.
Tthey dived under the radar. We read the plane disappeared from radars and we read
the plane was spotted going down quickly.
"A 'bright light descending at high speed', witnessed by a man in north-east Malaysia"

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... ml#ixzz2vppkVfT7

And later it was flying at very low heights
They seem to have turned around. Plane was presumably spotted on mainland Malaysia
by fishermen at very low height so it seems they wanted to disappear for an hour under radars.
They flew west, if we interpolate the last seen spot to the radar location mentioned by the military personell
close to a small island in the street of Mallaka.
we find they could be on route to india/ iran/afganistan or that area. If the plane has fuel to Beijng,
it would arrive on fumes, but it probably arrives. If it had some more fuel it would arrive easily.
They climbed back to some cruising altitude.
The strange thing is that the plane went very down according to witness and later it was spotted
flying at 8000 feet close to that island. And even 4 hours later, the motor data seem to be received.
This plane was not uncontrolled it means somebody was at the steering wheel.

It could have flown to Afghanistan. For a radar, you are just a spot on a screen.
Some countries may not act on a non responding spot flying over the indian ocean.
There is massive amounts of radardata to find back this plane is much work.

They landed the plane in afghanistan (speculation)
Maybe they refuel the plane to full (5000 miles action radius)
stack it full of explosives maybe nuclear. (don't hope so, but chaos is what they will do we know from experience)
Maybe they fly somewhere else and detonate or ram like they did with 911.
Now they can't hijack a plane in the US any more they found their plane on the other side of the world.

Now in one day Gaza has fired all these rockets.
San Francisco building fire mayem
New York building explosion.
Texas car rogue.
To me it looks they want to top this off with spectacular stuff.
From here I just take all the data and see what sick story fits around this.

A code red red is in my opinion very needed and some air to ground sites along the east/west coast.
And every plane that appears on the radar need a special code for identification and or an immediate visual.
edit on 13-3-2014 by puntito because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by puntito

Except the two Iranian men did board the plane. There were other people who checked in but didn't board.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

Agree.

I didn't see the press conference but read that the officials addressed and cleared up rumors and answered questions better than they had before. They even addressed why they are still searching the Straits of Malacca. Hopefully it will help clear up the story for those that don't follow it as closely.

Daily News in NYC is still reporting about the RR engine data and speculating of a hijacking (because of course).

At this point, if everything they say is true and are not hiding anything, something should surely be found soon. The last known position didn't have that deep of water (for being directly connected to the ocean) and the currents in the area are pushing more towards land than open ocean.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   
This is odd. From the latest press conference.

www.theguardian.com...

Satellite images released by 'mistake'
On the Chinese satellite images, Hussein confirmed that planes had been dispatched to examine the area concerned. “We deployed our assets but found nothing,” he said.

We contacted the Chinese embassy who notified us that the images were released by mistake and did not show any debris from MH370.

So China released the satellite images by mistake?!

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
More from the press conference;

Search operation defended
Finally, Hussein again defended Malaysia’s handling of the search operation and the flow of information.

We are in the middle of a multinational search involving many countries and more than 80 ships and aircraft. This is a crisis situation. It is a very complex operation and it has not always been easy.

We have not done anything to jeopardise this search effort. At times when we have not been able to reveal information, for example some radar signals because they require analysis and confirmation by other agencies ... to release such information before it is ready could have compromised the search operation and added anguish to the relatives ...

We will not give up.
10m ago Raids on homes of crew denied
Hussein’s sixth point was deny reports of raids on the homes of crew members.

Reports suggesting that the Malaysian police searched the homes of the MH370 crew are not true. The Royal Malaysian police have issued a statement to that effect.

Updated 10m ago
14m ago Military data
Hussein said Malaysia would not normally share military radar data with other countries. But he said:

In this case we have put the search effort above our national security. We have shared our data with our international partners including the US and China.

17m ago Radar signal
Hussein’s fourth point of clarification concerned the possible radar signal over the Strait of Malacca. He said:

It was suggested that there was a possibility that the aircraft had passed over the Straits of Malacca. We have a duty to investigate any possibility. We owe it to the families of those on the flight to follow up every lead and on that basis we dispatched extra ships and aircraft to search the area. However our main effort has always been in the South China Sea.

We are working very closely with the FAA [US Federal Aviation Adminstration] and the NTSB [US National Transport Safety Board] on the issue of the possible air turn back. They have indicated that there was reasonable grounds for the Malaysian authorities to deploy their forces to conducted searches on the western side of the Malaysian peninsula.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by puntito

Much of that is speculation as well as being built off false or unconfirmed data.

They didn't just walk onto the plane and gas masks would have been noticeable. You can claim lack security, checking passengers for dangerous or questionable devices is different than checking a passport (where that airport has been known to check them and has caught people trying to sneak things onto the plane).
We have no confirmation that the phones would otherwise go straight to voicemail if off, out of range or without battery (not all carriers are the same).
Various eyewitness reports have not been corroborated and from the distance they were, unlikely they really happened.
The military never saw MH370 on radar, but simply a plane. I covered in a previous post that other civilian flights were at the locations mentioned by the military at the same times.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
The engine data has been denied and sources refused to be given (which has typically meant there was no source). Even if it were true, most destinations are out of range for that time frame, as well as fuel range.
pbs.twimg.com...

The San Francisco apartment complex was under construction and caused by a welding accident (which is why welders typically have a person that specifically watches for those things and why they have a mandatory fire watch for 30 minutes after welding) and helped by there being no fire retardants added yet.
The NYC building had been leaking gas for about a week, per people who lived near the building. ConEd had a call about it 20 minutes before the explosion
The SXSW incident was caused by a drunken driver who was previously stopped by police and evading them.

It's an interesting thought and could make a decent movie, but there is almost no chance of this actually happening.

reply to post by DrHammondStoat

I assumed that 'by mistake' they meant it as they didn't want to lead the public on that something had been found if indeed nothing found. Don't want to get people's hopes up for nothing. Still a blunt statement though. I do wonder what they must have seen, given that they had large dimensions.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Who was it that said the plane lost altitude right before it went off radar?

Someone said that, but I cannot find it. I am in too much pain now to look anymore... I have to take a break.

<< 114  115  116    118  119  120 >>

join