It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
We continue to monitor the situation and to offer Malaysia Airlines our support," a Rolls-Royce representative said Wednesday, declining further comment.
"The disappearance is officially now an accident and all information about this is strictly handled by investigators," said a Rolls-Royce executive who declined to be named, citing rules of the International Civil Aviation Organization, a United Nations agency.
#MalaysiaAirlines executive tells @skynews that Rolls Royces engines stopped transmitting their routine 'health updates' when contact lost.
So the plane potentially flew for hours according to the new report hmmmm and officials are off to an undisclosed location, no wreckage found, no signals omitted gets stranger by the day this does. cnn report
But New Scientist understands that the maker of the missing Boeing 777's Trent 800 engines, Rolls Royce, received two data reports from flight MH370 at its global engine health monitoring centre in Derby, UK, where it keeps real-time tabs on its engines in use. One was broadcast as MH370 took off from Kuala Lumpur International Airport, the other during the 777's climb out towards Beijing.
In the conversation, Wood who claims to be using his phone in the plane secretly, said that the temperature in the cabin was warm and that there seems to be a problem with the craft’s air conditioning system.
He also added that there was difficulty to breath.
reply to post by OpinionatedB
Thanks. I guess that kills that possibility.
I'm sure there has been more false info than just that. I think I read that at least two eye witness reports (including the oil rig worker) were likely fictitious. I actually wouldn't be surprised if some news stations are simply creating reports themselves.
Satellite images released by 'mistake'
On the Chinese satellite images, Hussein confirmed that planes had been dispatched to examine the area concerned. “We deployed our assets but found nothing,” he said.
We contacted the Chinese embassy who notified us that the images were released by mistake and did not show any debris from MH370.
Search operation defended
Finally, Hussein again defended Malaysia’s handling of the search operation and the flow of information.
We are in the middle of a multinational search involving many countries and more than 80 ships and aircraft. This is a crisis situation. It is a very complex operation and it has not always been easy.
We have not done anything to jeopardise this search effort. At times when we have not been able to reveal information, for example some radar signals because they require analysis and confirmation by other agencies ... to release such information before it is ready could have compromised the search operation and added anguish to the relatives ...
We will not give up.
10m ago Raids on homes of crew denied
Hussein’s sixth point was deny reports of raids on the homes of crew members.
Reports suggesting that the Malaysian police searched the homes of the MH370 crew are not true. The Royal Malaysian police have issued a statement to that effect.
Updated 10m ago
14m ago Military data
Hussein said Malaysia would not normally share military radar data with other countries. But he said:
In this case we have put the search effort above our national security. We have shared our data with our international partners including the US and China.
17m ago Radar signal
Hussein’s fourth point of clarification concerned the possible radar signal over the Strait of Malacca. He said:
It was suggested that there was a possibility that the aircraft had passed over the Straits of Malacca. We have a duty to investigate any possibility. We owe it to the families of those on the flight to follow up every lead and on that basis we dispatched extra ships and aircraft to search the area. However our main effort has always been in the South China Sea.
We are working very closely with the FAA [US Federal Aviation Adminstration] and the NTSB [US National Transport Safety Board] on the issue of the possible air turn back. They have indicated that there was reasonable grounds for the Malaysian authorities to deploy their forces to conducted searches on the western side of the Malaysian peninsula.