It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 119
<< 116  117  118    120  121  122 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Isn't the engine data sent via the ACARS system which went out. Looks like wanna be reporters might be creating their own versions of facts also.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

qmantoo
It only says that Wall Street Journal reported NOT that RR or Boeing did. People will assume that RR or Boeing are saying this.

WSJ reported that the data was automatically downloaded and sent to the ground...

I believe I read somewhere the engine data is piggybacked on top of one of the other communication streams and does not use its own transmitter and frequencies.
I didn't read that the engine data was piggybacked, but it would make sense.

What's needed now is an official statement from Rolls Royce, but a post within the last few pages said this:

OpinionatedB
reply to post by ManiShuck

Rolls Royce is the one saying they are working with Malaysia and investigators and are declining any comment outside of to investigators. It is Rolls Royce I quoted.

We continue to monitor the situation and to offer Malaysia Airlines our support," a Rolls-Royce representative said Wednesday, declining further comment.

"The disappearance is officially now an accident and all information about this is strictly handled by investigators," said a Rolls-Royce executive who declined to be named, citing rules of the International Civil Aviation Organization, a United Nations agency.
So one source that would be reliable in resolving the discrepancy, won't tell us what they have.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

According to Malaysia Officials, it is Rolls Royce who told them via their investigation that after contact with the plane was lost there were no more data transmissions. And they did stand there with people from RR there and state this.

edit on 13-3-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
People make up BS to see their name and get likes and other meaningless counts of numbers of the web. What is even worse is that some people believe because it agrees with their preconceived notion of the truth or desire.

Is a really sad state for the world.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Here's the interview on CNN where former FBI investigator Jim Kallstrom speculates about the pilots either intentionally flying the plane into the ocean or taking the plane and flying it somewhere...

He's planting the idea that a 777 will suddenly appear in a future terror attack (911 style) in my opinion. I don't like this man and don't trust him because of his attitude regarding the TWA 800 investigation/coverup. At the very end of this video he mentions the pilots possibly taking the plane somewhere.
www.cnn.com...

The same annoying CNN talking head, Jake Tapper, interviews the equally annoying U.S. Congressman Pete King about MH370 in this interview. Doesn't Jake Tapper sound almost like Anderson Cooper? Kind of whiny, stuttering, hyper speech pattern...
www.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

OpinionatedB
reply to post by Arbitrageur

According to Malaysia Officials, it is Rolls Royce who told them via their investigation that after contact with the plane was lost there were no more data transmissions. And they did stand there with people from RR there and state this.
They said there were no more data transmissions from ACARS.

But do we know for sure that is the means (and the only means) by which Rolls Royce can retrieve data? I don't know.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Where are all the psychics, seers, mystics, prophets, sages...if we ever needed them, now is the time.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

To aid maintenance, most airlines use the Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System (ACARS), which automatically collates and files four technical reports during every flight so that engineers can spot problems. These reports are sent via VHF radio or satellite at take-off, during the climb, at some point while cruising, and on landing.

As the engine data is filtered from a larger ACARS report covering all the plane's critical flight systems and avionics...

Link

These are the things that are turned into "more data from planes is arriving" and "cell phones are still working".

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

zayonara
Where are all the psychics, seers, mystics, prophets, sages...if we ever needed them, now is the time.

They're getting jobs on TV shows telling audience members that uncle Bob still loves them even though they fought too much while he was still alive.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

zayonara

This situation should be proof positive that any pseudo-whatever hacks people have been drooling over lately really are bogus as all get-out. Because if they weren't, they'd be clogging up the interwebs with detailed location info.

I'd been leaning towards a catastrophic failure of some kind, and even that hypoxia theory (it indeed makes perfect sense) However, this notion plastered all over the news this morning of it continuing on for several hours, and possibly being hidden away...that's looking just as likely now, too.

Bottom line is, everyone on the authoritative end doesn't seem to know WTH happen no matter how it's sliced, so we're, by default, not getting all the info. Speculation's in overdrive on all fronts until something definitive is found.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
What a mess.

Aren't there American experts on the ground in Malaysia?

Isn't our expertise and range of experience helping to find the plane? I know one expert was dispatched from Atlanta.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by puntito

After reading all of your post I felt like ..oooo, I wanna see that movie..lol that would make a good story...A news article I read said the plane could reach Pakistan.

I wonder if the 4 hours thing is real or just an idea...Not sure if Royals confirmed the travel or not?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

roadgravel
Isn't the engine data sent via the ACARS system which went out. Looks like wanna be reporters might be creating their own versions of facts also.

Is there no secondary or failover way to report as well while in route? I have read the RR site about the system and it says the "primary" transmission is done through ACARS. Using the word "primary" would suggest to me there is a secondary or failover means of comm as well. I know if I was the engineer in charge of a system designed to report engine trouble, I would have built in a secondary, failover transmit as well....fairly common in the engineering models for programmers/computer engineers.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Ok tinfoil hat time for me since i have been following this from the beginning. Must say my sleep pattern is all out of whack now too..

This is a HUGE reach but since this is so crazy now as it is, just what if this Courtney Brown thing with the announcement on the 15th has anything to do with this? There is a huge thread on that here with all kinds of speculation and even his latest and a lot of his postings refer to the media and governments and all the misleading they do.

I know it's a real reach, but least I'm not saying aliens yet.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
For what it's worth, image I found on TOMNOD. No idea where this is actually located, could be in the Bahamas for all I know.

TOMNOD Map 65771

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikeultra

Anyone having to do anything with TWA Flight 800 (who wasn't a whistleblower) is suspect in my book. A missile shot down that plane and any expert saying otherwise is involved in a cover up.

Is he setting the stage for some future terrorist plot--false flag?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Secondary is probably when a mechanic fills out paper work about the engine.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

Well I think the Media may getting info from everywhere and officials are trying to keep from certain ideas exploding into the web/masses...The Media is good and bad, bad that they could feed whatever info for you to believe, and bad that if they did find truths, its hard for officials to keep their plans secret.

So maybe the officials denying certain ideas is so that while they are searching the whole time for the plane, that it doesnt alert anyone suspicious.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

MRuss
reply to post by Mikeultra

Is he setting the stage for some future terrorist plot--false flag?

I have often heard "Never let a crisis go to waste"

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Latest US report is getting on the "stolen plane" bandwagon...for now. Realize the search area could include the Himalayas. yikes.

www.foxnews.com...

online.wsj.com... om%2Farticle%2FSB10001424052702304914904579434653903086282.html%3Fmod%3DWSJ_hpp_LEFTTopStories
edit on 13-3-2014 by zayonara because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 116  117  118    120  121  122 >>

join