It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 116
<< 113  114  115    117  118  119 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   

onehumanI brought attention to Freescale back on page 46 of this long nightmare of confusion. Didnt seem too many here thought it was of any importance.

It's really not that important.

There are literally hundreds (if not thousands) of high tech, military-industrial, defense contractor and otherwise controversial companies that fly technical product development employees around the world each and every day. This is nothing unique. It's just day-to-day business.

All kinds of weird and cutting edge electronics and gadgets are flying around with them. I mean it's a possibility that something went wrong with their equipment, but it's highly unlikely.

First off, engineers of that caliber are far too smart to mess around with those kinds of systems while on a flight. Safety is a huge concern to people working on those kinds of systems, as is IP. They don't want their products seen by anyone, including people on airplanes. They keep that stuff heavily under wraps.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Arbitrageur

ManiShuck
Does someone have the rough estimate of how many times stories have changed?

Every idea about what happened to it after that has been speculative, even the uncorrelated target they saw flying to the Strait of Malacca. There was evidence of something on radar, but nobody knows what it was. Acting on this and expanding the search pattern to include that area isn't "changing the story".

A Ufo enters malaysian airspace, their airforce tracks it on radar and don't scramble their jets after it.
Funny airforce or military they have there

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I used to live in Malaysia when I was little. I am quite embarassed by how they're handling the events, I think most Malaysians are too. I just want to say that I really hope that this was a conspiracy and distraction plotted by the corrupted government, and that the plane has landed at an undisclosed location for whatever reason to be revealed in the future and the passengers are still alive.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Some interesting posts on the pprune forum site. The second one about the Chinese satellite image NOT being the plane does not give a source link but still may be true or not.
========================

2) The primary radar of Malaysia is far from covering the whole area and peninsula. There are big gaps. This is the biggest problem for the Air Force chiefs to admit. It is even doubtful if the last position spot is under primary surveilance.
===================

German newspaper now reports Chinese admitted the photos don't show remains of MAS370, after thorough examination.
=====================

I am actually an aviator, been staring at planes out the window for a while*. Even when I know exactly where in the sky to look, courtesy of the TCAS, I cannot spot a 777 beyond about 90km in the very best visibility and high contrast light. And thats with better than standard vision, from any of the many modern airliners I have flown.

I once saw (at altitude) the space shuttle launch from about 230 miles away, at night. It was barely discernible. Now that's a fire!

The US already volunteered that their flame detecting satellites saw nothing in the area, so we have inconsistent data.

*still learning though.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I would be more lenient, but it's not the media that are making most of the mistakes. Officials have made statements of fact about certain things. The most obvious are the races of the people, changing from Asian to black to Iranian, once pictures were released. Another big one was saying military radar picked up the flight hundreds of miles away and then the same official saying he never said that. There was also the bit about passengers showing up and having to pull their luggage as they didn't get on the plane. That changed to they never said that to the passengers didn't ever show.

The issue isn't that they are taking different routes as information changes, it's that they are making factual statements and then lying about having said those statements, or ignoring the past statements altogether. What's worse, is stuff like holding back info about the plane possibly flying for hours without making contact and wasting the resources of a dozen countries and and likely millions (maybe billions, I assume it takes a lot to move that many planes and ships) of dollars.

And now, Minister Shahidan Kassim is claiming they are being bullied by international media. He has stood by the claims made by Azharuddin that the Iranians looked like Mario Balotelli (which would have been fine, had they looked even remotely like a black guy) and believe the media is asking nonsense questions.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Nochzwei
A Ufo enters malaysian airspace, their airforce tracks it on radar and don't scramble their jets after it.
Funny airforce or military they have there
Not really. December 1980 Lt Colonel Halt sees a UFO at RAF Woodbridge shooting beams of light down at what is ostensibly an undisclosed storage site for nuclear weapons, and doesn't think that's enough to justify scrambling any planes.

So why would Malaysia scramble planes over a UFO flying over some remote area that they probably wouldn't miss if it was bombed?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I just found something at Tomnod and would like to ask someone to have a look at this image. Is this a raft or just a wave with 5 edges?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by UnixFE

At least you found more than me! Not sure what that is but at least it's not a boat! All I've found are boats, that looks like it is something.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Very interesting..
www.news.com.au...

US investigators are pursuing the possibility that missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 and its 239 passengers and crew are being held against their will at an unknown location.

The Wall Street Journal has this afternoon published sensational claims that counterterrorism officials now believe somebody on board deliberately turned off the plane’s transponders to avoid radar detection.

The report said data automatically downloaded and sent to the ground from the Boeing 777’s engines indicated the plane remained in the air for a total of five hours – a further four hours after contact was lost.

“Officials were told investigators are actively pursuing the notion that the plane was diverted ‘with the intention of using it later for another purpose’,” the paper said, quoting an unnamed source.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

So, the engines have their own transmitters? They waited long enough to reveal this.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Missing MH370: Shahidan to fly to undisclosed location to verify possible sightings

KUALA LUMPUR: Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department Datuk Seri Shahidan Kassim confirmed that he will be flying to an undisclosed location late Thursday morning to verify possible sightings of the missing Malaysia Airlines (MAS) flight MH370.

Now... Why bother to make the destination "undisclosed" if it is a routine check on the Chinese reported sighting of debris?

What if he was off to meet with the kidnappers as Agit8dchop said above at their undisclosed location to verify that the passengers were all safe and well?

This new turn of events may account for the differing statements from the military and the authorities. Desperately trying to save face and to hide the fact that there has been a hijacking? (Although, I see no shame in having someone hijack your plane, it could happen to anyone.)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

hijacking could be high a possibility since the captain had a record of allowing passengers into cockpit.
hijackers could just use one of the women on the plane to help them gaining access.

peace
edit on 13-3-2014 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I was trying to make sense of the info we were given about the plane being spotted on radar at 2:15 am and 2:40 am.

It was said that 2:15 am, they had a sighting 200 northwest of Penang. The first image shows 200 miles northwest of Penang on Google Earth. The second photo will show another civilian flight (ETD416 which is an Airbus A330-202) within that area (note that it says 3:15 am, but I can confirm that the time shows 2:20 am when MH370 disappears, even though the time they list is 1:20 am, so it doesn't look like the correct time, but it is).

They also mentioned an aircraft around Pulau Perak at 2:40 am. While at 2:40 this flight (KLM836 which is a Boeing 777-206ER) is further away, at 2:35 we have this flight, almost directly north of the island. It's plausible they didn't see the blip at exactly 2:40 or were being generous about how close it was to the island.

And it's been confirmed that they would not have known what the aircraft was without communicating with it.

This appears to be the key issue: the 2.15am and 2.40am sightings are on military radar, which detects and can approximately identify civilian aircraft, but does not communicate with them as civil radar would do. So on its own, this data says that a plane like the one that has gone missing was detected - but cannot establish for certain that the plane was MH370

So with that, and with the knowledge the people heading the search don't have the best track record, I've came to the conclusion that neither sighting was of MH370. It would explain their changing of the story, to try and save face, not realizing that they were simple civilian flights on their planned path or the direction they were going.

Also good find Agit8dChop. There was a map I found a day or two ago that had the distance the plane could have traveled based on the fuel it had, but I cannot find it. Places like Iraq, Pakistan, Iran and North Korea were in range, but I would imagine US surveillance would have caught some sign of the plane (which I guess could be a reason FBI and such has been so quiet and downplaying terrorism?)

Maybe after this, they will have something in the plane that can't just be shut off with the push of a button?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Has been brought up in this thread. Engines are tracked by rolls Royce? and Boeing tracks and knows where their planes real time. Don't know if this is true but have read it a couple of times in this thread. Didn't get picked up on though, fast moving thread and all

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   
So the plane potentially flew for hours according to the new report hmmmm and officials are off to an undisclosed location, no wreckage found, no signals omitted gets stranger by the day this does. cnn report

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   
We really do need a map where we can enter all the facts and sightings and times. At least that way we can narrow down a series of sightings to an area or plot a course.

reports like these are useful in determining where people have seen what and when and if we had a map, then it would become obvious where this plane may have gone.

The link above talks of an engine whine but if you are under trees and looking up through the gaps, you could quite easily miss the sighting as it flew almost overhead but blocked from view by the tree canopy. If it was low flying, then the sound would probably be loud and last for a minute or so maybe? They did not hear a crash or anything either.

[speculate] I really do not think it is likely that the pilot/co-pilot are involved in this hijacking. I think it is more likely that someone used the fact that they like to invite pretty women into the cockpit and made that their way into the control of the aircraft. Once inside the cockpit maybe the woman held a gun to their heads or whatever. So, I think perhaps the pilot/co-pilot were led into this by their breaking the rules, innocence/nievity and the "hijacking - it-never-happens-to-me" mindset.[/speculate]
edit on 13 Mar 2014 by qmantoo because: speculation

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Here is a good article from an Australian site.

Is Malaysia Airlines telling us the truth about Flight MH370?

In it, they mentioned the Mario Balotelli reference, something I haven't seen from any other source (though I may have missed it).

Asked if they looked African, Mr Rahman would not comment except to point out that footballer Mario Balotelli was Italian but was not Italian-looking. He was apparently misquoted as saying the men looked like Balotelli, which added to general confusion about official explanations.

It's a decent read, but worth it.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by civpop

www.abovetopsecret.com...

this entire story is based on something an anonymous two individuals have said, and nothing anyone else will back up
edit on 13-3-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
New information about the plane flying for an additional 4 HOURS after 'disappearing' from conventional radar.

Reports are that the Chinese sat picture area was searched and no wreckage found there.

online.wsj.com...

U.S. investigators suspect that Malaysia Airlines 3786.KU -2.04% Flight 370 stayed in the air for about four hours past the time it reached its last confirmed location, according to two people familiar with the details, raising the possibility that the plane could have flown on for hundreds of additional miles under conditions that remain murky.

Aviation investigators and national security officials believe the plane flew for a total of five hours, based on data automatically downloaded and sent to the ground from the Boeing Co. BA -0.99% 777's engines as part of a routine maintenance and monitoring program.

A total flight time of five hours after departing Kuala Lumpur means the Boeing 777 could have continued for an additional distance of about 2,200 nautical miles, reaching points as far as the Indian Ocean, the border of Pakistan or even the Arabian Sea, based on the jet's cruising speed.

edit on 13-3-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by UnixFE

That's an object of some description does not look like a boat or a wave, good find. :-)

top topics

<< 113  114  115    117  118  119 >>

join