It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Malaysia Airlines plane Flight MH370 missing: New hostage theory

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   

US investigators are pursuing the possibility that missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 and its 239 passengers and crew are being held against their will at an unknown location.

The Wall Street Journal has this afternoon published sensational claims that counterterrorism officials now believe somebody on board deliberately turned off the plane’s transponders to avoid radar detection.

Mal aysia Airlines plane Flight MH370 missing: New hostage theory

The report said data automatically downloaded and sent to the ground from the Boeing 777’s engines indicated the plane remained in the air for a total of five hours – a further four hours after contact was lost.

“Officials were told investigators are actively pursuing the notion that the plane was diverted ‘with the intention of using it later for another purpose’,” the paper said, quoting an unnamed source.

A total flight time of five hours after departing Kuala Lumpur means the Boeing 777 could have continued for an additional distance of about 2,200 nautical miles, reaching points as far as the Indian Ocean, the border of Pakistan or even the Arabian Sea, based on the jet’s cruising speed, the paper said.

This is no surprise to me.

I have believed this to be the case, especially considering the fact that the plane had flown way off course, only to be seen just West of Malaysia. I never once believed that Malaysian officer's rescinding of those claims.

Malaysia is not telling us everything we know, which is no surprise. The fact that they have produced fraudulent photographs of individuals, along with the amount of times they have ran in circles, tells me there is more to this story.
edit on 13-3-2014 by daaskapital because: sp

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Good theory, the one thing I can't understand is despite turning off the transponder and everything else, a ground radar would surely still pick up the aircraft would it not ? Legitimate question there

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   

ThePeaceMaker
Good theory, the one thing I can't understand is despite turning off the transponder and everything else, a ground radar would surely still pick up the aircraft would it not ? Legitimate question there

I'm going to be honest and say that i have no clue. I'd assume it does, as Malaysian authorities had noticed a large plane on their radar, heading West, according to earlier reports. Those reports were subsequently dismissed by the very officer who had allegedly made them though... I think that their PR is shoddy, and they are saying some things they aren't meant to...

I think the plane was heading West...why else would the plane suddenly turn back, before turning off the transponder and tracking devices? It would also explain the sudden appearance of the plane on their radar. The plane was not picke up on the radars of India or Thailand, however.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I just find the fact this news is coming from US reports interesting and that they said it was possibly to be used for something

Sounds like they're not yet telling all they know or think might be the case

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

Depending on where they flew it to, but it should of shown up on radars just without a flight ID since the transponder wasn't on which should of been pretty suspect to an ATC officer.

You would also have to have quite a few people on side to land and store a hijacked 777.

In my own opinion whether hijacked or mechanical failure I think the people of MH370 are no longer with us.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Stealthbomber

This is what I believe too, although the area is .. Let's say less developed ... I'd can't grasp that any ATC in the area didn't track a plane with no ID. I mean there must be loads of radars and ATCs in that region. Not only that what about military bases in the area surely they would of noticed the suspect plane on radar.

My thought when I first heard about it and there was no wreckage was they it just plummeted straight down to the sea floor and maybe the wreckage is sitting in a certain way that floating debris is trapped or very little has reached the surface

I just can't see how a plane can just disappear off the radar, the only way I see it doing this is if it crashed. When I asked Zaph he mentioned the crew and passengers all fell unconscious and the plane carried on flying till it ran out of fuel. But even then if a stray aircraft could of drifted into certain air space this would of sent alarms ringing especially of there was no answer to radio calls

No I believe the plane is a total loss

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

Yeah if the cabin depressurised then they could have all been unconscious, the plane would have kept flying for roughly 5 hours before running out of fuel but then comms would have had to go at the same time because the plane wouldn't have just turned off it's own transponder.

It's a mystery

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

How does the Wall Street Journal have access to a report before it is released to the public? One would think Boeing would have made this announcement to more than just the Wall Street Journal...

Okay, as I am looking into this, this was all unnamed and anonymous.

U.S. investigators suspect that Malaysia Airlines 3786.KU -2.04% Flight 370 stayed in the air for about four hours past the time it reached its last confirmed location, according to two people familiar with the details

Rolls Royce is declining any confirmation or any comment whatsoever:

"We continue to monitor the situation and to offer Malaysia Airlines our support," a Rolls-Royce representative said Wednesday, declining further comment.

"The disappearance is officially now an accident and all information about this is strictly handled by investigators," said a Rolls-Royce executive who declined to be named, citing rules of the International Civil Aviation Organization, a United Nations agency.

And US Investigators are saying:

So far, U.S. national security officials have said that nothing specifically points toward terrorism, though they haven't ruled it out.

So this entire story is based on two unnamed persons who according to the journal are familiar with the details...I don't know if I trust it.

Link to Source Story
edit on 13-3-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I don't know....logic dictates the above poster is right. This plane had to of crashed, there's no way a hijacker could have successfully landed this plane somewhere without attracting attention of numerous peoples...

But that does not seem to be the case. I know the US Media I have been listening to these bastards for decades, this is what happens. One article with one vague source and quotes comes out saying, "we are focusing on the idea the plane diverted course for a future use, etc etc..." (paraphrasing) Anyways, when that happens it just opens the door. They will either redact this or build on it. Either way I see it as confirmation of something nefarious afoot - definitely a conspiracy of some sort.

There is absolutely no way you can convince me that the American Intelligence was not aware of this information from Boeing and RR until just today or the day before. No way, they've known this for days. They are just know finally comfortable to slowly make it public...../rambling off. I just know that this whole situation has more anomalies present to rival that of any conspiracy out there as of now.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by lightedhype

look at my edit, this entire story is based on something an anonymous two individuals have said, and nothing anyone else will back up.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
THE FAKE "TERRORIST" Plot...

Something BIG around here....
Who take the responsability to tell the truth?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I am with you, I would simply like the truth. I am getting very worried they are going to lie their way into another war, at our expense.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   

ThePeaceMaker

It is possible to literally fly 'under the radar', especially while over large expanses of water. Radars send out radio waves to detect objects in the air, but it can't see things that are too low to the ground as it has to have clear line of sight to the object its tracking. This means that over land, a radar on one side of a large hill for example, wouldnt be able to see an object on the other side as the radio waves cant travel through the hil. Radar is effective for tracking aircraft as they are up in the air with no obstacles between them and the radar. When it comes to tracking over water, radar installations are often positioned on coastlines to make them most effective, but they still have blind spots at low altitute.
At sea level, even if there are no other obstacles in the way (islands etc), radars can only see so far, as the curvature of the earth means that after so many miles the horizon drops away. Radars are also not used to look that low down anyway due to all the maritime traffic etc.

This makes it possible to make an aircraft 'disappear' from radar, although they would have to fly very low (maybe below 1000 feet, possibly lower even that 500 ft). In order to get a 777 down that low and fly it effectively for an extended period of time, you would need a very experienced captian and probably co pilot. I would also say they would need military flying experience to pull something like that off. So, if this is what happened, I would absolutely expect the crew to be in on it.

Even if someone burst into the cockpit and put a gun to your head, one flick of a switch can turn the transponder to an emergency hijack code, so without the hijacker noticing, you can start squalking an emergency code. The only way I can see this not happening is if the pilots intentionally turned the transponder off.

The theory about depressurisation is a valid one (it happened before with an aircraft flying over Greece if I remember correctly), but as you say it would likely have strayed into airspace where they were at least visible to radar. And unconsious pilots cant deactivate transponders.

The thing that really puzzles me is, if this was a hijacking, how would they keep all the passengers under control, as chances are they would eventually realise what was happening and try to do something about it...

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

I highly doubt this would end up in a war, I think what the Chinese govt would want to do if infact it was hijacked is cover that up so they still look strong.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   

OpinionatedB
reply to post by Arken

I am with you, I would simply like the truth. I am getting very worried they are going to lie their way into another war, at our expense.

I'm worried too, but seems the things are really worst. Too much confusion, but I bet they already know the "weird truth"
The question is: A war, against who?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Iran

Stealthbomber

I highly doubt this would end up in a war

Hopefully you are right.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Between the points of the jetliner departure to anywhere else in any direction are a lot of (radar outposts) both civilian and military. That transponder is the plane identification signal and without it the plane will be rendered as unknown flying object which will be handled by the military response.

Now how it is possible that this plane entering the other countries air space without being detected and supposedly flown its way to say… Pakistan or Arabian Peninsula..?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   

OpinionatedB
reply to post by Arken

Iran

Stealthbomber

I highly doubt this would end up in a war

Hopefully you are right.

Personally, I don't think other Countries of this planet are involved in this Mystery...

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

What do you think happened?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Reaper62

That needs a huge knowledge of the areas topography and geography to fly so low in altitude with a passenger jet at speed of at least 700 km pr. Hour. Almost impossible to do it with a commercial pilots which are used to fly over the 10k altitude!

Simple hijacker (s) don’t have those required knowledge. We are not talking about the Hollywood scenarios here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join