It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 115
<< 112  113  114    116  117  118 >>

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:47 PM
reply to post by ManiShuck

retiring flight codes?

it sounds like terminating a top secret military project.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:47 PM

This is what I was referring to before

A guy off tomnod tagged this area and picture, but no way to tell the location wonder if it's same as the Chinese are pointing to.

Lots of news outlets seem to be picking up on this story since yesterday. Funny thing is they all seem to cruise right over this part of the IReport...

"Seberger said he thinks it's unlikely that this image shows the missing plane and assumes that he proably saw a ship that was in the area." (

Oh well, what's 50 shares of Digital Globe going for these days.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:48 PM

The oil rig "witness" email is interesting but it begs the question... what was he waiting for?

March 8: The plane is lost. Today is March 12, 2014 - and only NOW he sends this email?

He does say he tried to contact Malaysian and Vietnam "officials". Pretty weak.

Not buying it. But we'll see if anything pans out.

Interesting passport number tho. Lots of 8's there. Asians love their 8's.

I'm guessing this guy is a hoaxer.
edit on 12-3-2014 by JRCrowley because: (no reason given)

The guy's name does not even sound asian and if he is hoaxing, why would he put his passport number? It can be easily verified if he exist or not.

I never said the guy was Asian. I said "Asians love their 8's". In other words, this guy could be ANYTHING, white, black, Asian etc and he's using a fake passport number made up of all 8's as a troll towards Asians. I mean seriously, did all of you actually read what his passport number is? If so, please tell me you didn't believe he was giving a real passport number! Gee whiz smh.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:50 PM

reply to post by Bilk22

The CT part of my mind views your theory as quite viable.

What if all of those engineers/technicians from Freescale were •not• on board that flight?

Would your theory totally change?
Oh that would make it much more interesting then, wouldn't it?
Sort of a trap set to catch a mouse? Interesting
Guess we'll have to keep tuning in to see what happens next.

Actually no :-) A friend's report is more outlandish than yours:

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:50 PM
reply to post by civpop

very similar to what I found

which to me looks like a container ship

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:54 PM
reply to post by dodol

Retiring flight codes is the norm for crashed planes. Most are surprised it took so long for them to stop using it, since within a day of disappearing, there was already another Flight MH370 departing from Kuala Lumpur.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:57 PM
reply to post by ManiShuck

I figure it was really awkward for people taking that flight the next day.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:03 PM
Been following this thread from the beginning but have refrained from adding to it. However, I just came across this link and found it very interesting. It is a scaled modeling of the size of the search area and the size of an intact 777. The "plane" is a small dot in the center of the grid.

Scaled model of search area

edit on 3/12/2014 by halfpint0701 because: ATS hates me

edit on 3/12/2014 by halfpint0701 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/12/2014 by halfpint0701 because: i hate linking!

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:04 PM
There is no excuse for officially doctoring photos. It is probably unnecessary - or else it IS necessary for a reason only they know.

[speculation]The Chinese probably saw the wreckage on Sunday, told the Malaysian authorities "You may want to search in this area (giving the coordinates), and if you have not found it by Wednesday, then we will release the news ourselves." Come Wednesday, the Malaysians had not released it, so the Chinese did instead. Of course not wanting to start an incident, they have not mentioned the fact that they informed the Malay authorities as soon as they saw the crashed plane on their satellite images on Sunday. 3 days is a reasonable time frame to give someone to 'release' the information[/speculation]

Somewhere I read that the management of Freescale are all still in Austin and are not on the flight at all. Now that would not mean that others non-management are not on the flight. It seemed to be giving the impression, to me anyway, that we should not worry as the company can continue alright (which would be the case if you are talking to investors/governments)

However, 20 people from a company all dying at the same time is going to leave a large hole in the work and knowledge that can be done. Much of the expertise is in the heads of the workers NOT the management. I still suspect that it may all revolve around these guys from Freescale. I cannot imagine that a group of Chinese calligraphers (who I also read were on the plane) would cause the flight to be destroyed.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:04 PM
Latest breaking news:

Vietnam search finds no wreckage at location where China satellite shows possible plane debris. Source: Reuters

Interesting development...
edit on kpm3bpm3201470pm000000 by kanbanozaurus because: minor edit

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:10 PM
No proof Chinese satellite images linked to missing Malaysian plane
( Updated: 2014-03-13 09:50

China's civil aviation chief said there was no proof that floating objects in the South China Sea seen by satellite were connected to a missing Malaysia Airlines aircraft.

"Chinese satellites have found smoke and floating objects. At present we cannot confirm this is related to the missing aircraft," Li Jiaxiang told China Daily during the annual session of the National People’s Congress, China's parliament, on Thursday.

Chinese news
edit on 12-3-2014 by JRCrowley because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:12 PM

Its seems the importance of the passengers and there safty have taken a back seat when being reported by media and news shows. News shows that you can now win Cash prizes for watching there a show.. It seems reporters have been told to report the importance of 2 passengers with 2 stolen passports that could have been terrorist and over powered over 200 staff and passengers THIS WAS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.. But there is truth in fact you be the judge how much.. Approximately 20 Freescale employers where on this flight.. Freescale is the largest manufacturers of micro chip computers to the degree that they have claimed to have the worlds smallest micro computer chip in mm size that could be swallowed or injected into the blood stream.. Just so we are on the same page the reported focus is on stolen passports and how easy it is to be obtained illegally and the big hole it has coursed in in airport security.. So ill take a stab in the dark and say the next agenda would be to have us implanted with the RFID micro chip.. For this technology that would track your every move know everything about you track your finaces and if they need to turn you off by a flick of a switch for this type of control and power would you steal a plain.. Just Saying
edit on 12-3-2014 by Ghost1333 because: (no reason given)

I brought attention to Freescale back on page 46 of this long nightmare of confusion. Didnt seem too many here thought it was of any importance. Im glad to see someone else might be seeing this as a big red dot to connect to this whole mess. You can see my post HERE. There is some very informative information at those links I had provided that have been updated as well.
edit on 3/12/14 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:25 PM
reply to post by qmantoo

Thing is, they didn't doctor them. One photo was just shorter than the other and they put the shorter photo over the taller photo when scanning them.

It's just another case of the people handling this whole thing being inept. Even mainstream media is picking apart the Malaysian heads and calling them out on things.

And now WSJ says the plane could have flown for four hours past the last confirmed location:

U.S. investigators suspect that Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 stayed in the air for about four hours past the time it reached its last confirmed location, according to two people familiar with the details, raising the possibility that the plane could have flown on for hundreds of additional miles under conditions that remain murky.

Does someone have the rough estimate of how many times stories have changed?
edit on 12-3-2014 by ManiShuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:46 PM

Engine Data Suggest Malaysia Flight Was Airborne Long After Radar Disappearance, U.S. Investigators Say

They are saying it could have flown on for about 5 more hours.This cant be good

edit: ops sorry Manishuck didnt realize you had popped that up there

edit 2: This is also in the article if you dont have a subscription to the WSJ:

U.S. counterterrorism officials are pursuing the possibility that a pilot or someone else on board the plane may have diverted it toward an undisclosed location after intentionally turning off the jetliner's transponders to avoid radar detection, according to one person tracking the probe. The investigation remains fluid, and it isn't clear whether investigators have evidence indicating possible terrorism or espionage. So far, U.S. national security officials have said that nothing specifically points toward terrorism, though they haven't ruled it out.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:01 AM

Starting with the soccer player look-alike to now, I think it's somewhere in upwards of 50.

But seriously at this point can we even confirm that the flight ever left the airport???

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:10 AM

xavi1000This caught my eye

letter from a New Zealand oil worker that claims the plane went down in flames

Just to clarify, this email is a complete hoax but is actually being run with by several news outlets, such as -

1. Why would this guy wait 4 days to re-send this email? And is it likely he would try contacting Malaysian or Vietnam officials rather than his own embassy? How would he even know whom to contact? Who even is the addressee of this email? With a gmail address, it doesn't appear to be any sort of authority or business colleague. Why are they addressed as "Gentlemen"? (sounds like a poor translation from an online translator)

2. Who signs off a letter/email with a passport number? It would be far more common to sign off with a title, and the company one works for.The passport number itself #LA 888818 - 888 is a telephone area code in Los Angeles California, and there are a whole host of phone numbers that begin with 888 818. (Are New Zealand passports even identified by 2 letters followed by 6 digits?)

3. The writing of the letter is overly formal and completely unnatural - the underlining, the bolded text, the words in brackets, phrases like "the timing is right".

I don't believe there's any point in explaining this any further.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:12 AM

The last known location hasn't changed has it?

Every idea about what happened to it after that has been speculative, even the uncorrelated target they saw flying to the Strait of Malacca. There was evidence of something on radar, but nobody knows what it was. Acting on this and expanding the search pattern to include that area isn't "changing the story".

Really the way an investigation should happen is to list say the 10 most likely things that could have happened and conduct searches accordingly. This doesn't mean the story is changing 10 times, it means you don't know what happened and you're going to search the most likely areas to find out. More than one thing could have happened to the plane.

The media isn't helping matters when they get things wrong, but officially the story that there's a plane that they lost track of at a particular time and place hasn't changed. That story has changed zero times. Everything after that has been somewhat speculative, so there are lots of "guesses", but I wouldn't call them "stories", unless you misread them and thought the media knows something they don't know.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:18 AM
reply to post by OatDelphi

I think we all have to assume that it left. Surely family/friends of some of the people on board saw the plane leave. At least one pilot has also said to have made contact with them and flight tracking sites have it up until the certain point.

The only thing we can be certain about is that people are missing. We can also be certain that at least half the news you hear about the plane will have changed within the next 24 hours.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:23 AM

Just to clarify, this email is a complete hoax

I've been saying that since it was first posted.

I'm actually amazed that some people thought this was real. Wow.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:30 AM

Erm... Has anyone else discovered a huge blue box while searching on Tomnod?? Wouldn't that be convenient if a wreckage and or a big vortex into another dimension were masked by that. Dont support Tomnod they're in on the coverup!! lol

new topics

top topics

<< 112  113  114    116  117  118 >>