It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackwater troops in Ukraine.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

By watching this vice video its somewhat obvious they are not who they pretend to be.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

My ear is rusty, but his Ukrainian sounds pretty...well...Ukrainian.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

those sailors are ready... the look on their faces is all i need to know that its serious over there. no militia makes the flag ship of a navy call in a priest.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

That is a lot of hardware .I don't think those men would be as ill equipped as Iraq was .scary times for the people over there .

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

The reporter in the vid reminds me of a Geraldo Rivera . If Geraldo tried the same thing in america he might have got quite a different response . who ever the military guys are they are quite calm by the looks of it .

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Do you have a list of those mistakes ? It would be interesting to see the difference if there is one .They (US) only ever change the players but the game goes on .

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

This nation has never been honorable, great I can definitely agree with that. But it's never been in anyone's lifetime on these forums that this nation has been honorable. But if we repeat those words enough we might believe it.

Talking points. Mantras. Language that gives us that warm fuzzy feeling about being on "this team" and not "that team." It's all horse s#!t. If you look deep enough throughout the last 70-80 years you will find TONS of heinous crap our government has done. Honorable is not an adjective this nation deserves.

Sorry, no offense to you personally, but I just can't stand hearing the talking points repeated ad nauseam to make Americans feel better about this place.

It's going to take REAL work to fix this nation, it's severely broken and continuing to slowly get worse. The problem is I don't think TPTB want it fixed.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

the2ofusr1
reply to post by boncho

Do you have a list of those mistakes ? It would be interesting to see the difference if there is one .They (US) only ever change the players but the game goes on .

Anything done during the Bush administration…? There was an interview recently I watched on TV with an analyst stating that the US is planning a much less direct approach with internal propaganda…

Not sure how they are presenting themselves on their own version of RT News, which reaches 123 million people*, but it seems like they are not pushing/force feeding the American public with as much in your face propaganda as before. Toned down I'd say, not non-existent.

We all know both sides do it. We all know nothing we hear is accurate. Why can't we just get the full scoop? Personally, I'd love it. Not to throw out moral indignation or anything, but I find it hotter than an episode of the Kardashians…

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Left side "Tiger", photographed by Eugene Feldman on March 4 in the Crimea, Ukraine near the Air Force Base, on the right March 19, 2012, during a rehearsal for the Victory Day parade. Take a look at the plates number 21 is the code of the North Caucasus Military District of Russia.

Also another Victory Day parade picture

edit on 7-3-2014 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Hey, good catch on this, especially with some video Slayer. The private hands have been busy, indeed.

@ Thread and for the general record and reference here....

Way back and long ago, when Bushes ruled the nation and Princes were off building private armies, Blackwater popped up to put a modern, public and all too real face on the dark side of privatizing things gone wild. It's bad enough, outsourcing the chow hall right along with the food chain that normally supplied it before. Worse yet when branded fast food joints actually opened on US bases in combat zones. (My father just about had fit on that one, having been a Vietnam Vet). Then, the final step, they even had to outsource the people holding the rifles and firing them on orders.

Blackwater failed it's way into being Xe through public relation disasters ('roid rage down Baghdad streets on roof guns wasn't cool, as I recall reading the published accounts at the time), then it became Academi. A lot of changing going on in those blacker waters.

HOWEVER....every good story has a plot twist, and here is where it gets good and where Blackwater may very well fit. When they formed up....Blackwater wasn't the only entity. It was the U.S. Branch. It recruited US Vets and deployed on visibly US engagements. In a lighter and lesser known development I first read about in This Book, they had/have another division. Greystone Ltd. was based in the Carribbean and formed the 'exterior' and 'international' division of Prince's PMC Empire.

So what might Greystone have to do with anything today? Well.. Funny we'd be talking about this topic when I'd just been reading about it....not under the Blackwater name, of course, it no longer exists anyway. However....one sure survived the bad press of the other and is doing quite well, it seems.

Greystone limited mercenaries operating in Ukraine

It's a small small world for how things come to interconnect and old connections come to be relevant for remembering.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by WCmutant

If you look deep enough throughout the last 70-80 years you will find TONS of heinous crap our government has done. Honorable is not an adjective this nation deserves.

Have you bothered to check out the other nations of the world. All are guilty of "heinous crap". Only a few remain neutral or are in a live and let live state.

If the US isn't pushing for total domination then Russia or now possibly China is. Simple as that. Who do you want to win? Because the other two have worse track records when it comes to their complete unquestioned authority.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Anyone have a timeline on WHEN the Blackwater guys arrived in Ukraine?

I'm starting to wonder if they were the ones firing on the protesters in Kiev. I wouldn't put it past this group to be the ones to be behind the scenes making things worse than they already were.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

OT but you might want to see this thread www.abovetopsecret.com... quite telling and pretty much the state of affairs .

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

whyamIhere
"Tell Vlad I will have more flexability after Lois steals the Election for me".

Russia can't give up their only warm water Port.

Was this planned a long time ago?

Of course it was, it came right out of the implanted yes man agent Obama's mouth. This is exactly what the mad man Manchurian candidate Obama promised the Russians. Anyone with any kind of a brain already should understand that fact. Our country is controlled by liars and scoundrels.

It's so bad now that soon it will reach the point of no return. The enemies within are slowly breaking down the United States of America, and as long as the illiterate majority continues to sway an already corrupt fake two party system, the ball will continue to remain inside their court.

At the end of the day, even if it leaves, it pretty much looks like anyone with any kind of commonsense in regards to really caring about the future of this once great Country, will soon be # out of luck because everyone is out for themselves. ~$heopleNation

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   

TheWhiteKnight

macman

TheWhiteKnight

Fracking. Police gangs, all kinked in to HQ at Utah, wearing earpieces and cameras so the guy at the monitor can tell them whether to dispose of, or just maim.

Ahhhh what now again???

Apparently you don't understand how this works.

Policing is becoming a game of information.

Remember that friend or foe list you used to have, here at ATS?

Do you think that they threw theirs away? That list is the very brain of the condor.

Soon you will be arrested for using an Edison bulb.

Don't hand me any of that 'it's not so bad here' crap.

All the pieces are being set in place.

House searches will be conducted for tobacco, based on obamacare insurance fraud violations.

Why do you think they just made littering a cellulose cigarette butt a jail worthy offense?
"This come out of your nose, did it?"

DNA evidence, of insurance fraud, right there in your ashtray.

Undeserved power knows no bounds. Central Services at your service....

# 190
edit on 7-3-2014 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

Russia has been consistent in their intentions toward their need for a warm-water port since the time of Peter the Great. Geopolitics in the region of the Black Sea are not as clear cut as they are in North America. The Crimean peninsula was only given to the Ukraine by Moscow in 1954. However playing fast and loose with international borders, no matter how new they may be is a recipe for disaster.

The original home of the Rus people is Kiev. The Kievian-Rus moved their capital north to Moscow and many Russian still see Ukraine as part of their territorial, historical sovereignty. Ukrainians who have little reason to trust Moscow resent the "little brother" moniker that Muscovite's consider friendly. Russian's occupying eastern Ukraine to protect "Ethnic Russians" and "Russian Speakers" and their interests is like England occupying New England because they don't like how Washington is handling things there.

To tie any of this to pure paranoia about America given the relative comfort and safety of the nation is an emotional response not based on any of the facts. And more than a little off-topic, dont you think?

Keep in mind that the Soviet system collapsed just over 20 years ago. This situation is more analogous to the American/British relationship prior to 1812, not present day America.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I have been repeatedly stating my belief that the US cannot field a very effective fighting force in the area at present, definitely not anything that could go toe to toe with the Russian military, whose military might could be brought to bear in full in a short amount of time. So IF the US wants to have some sort of a military presence in the country, yet doesn't want to admit to sending in troops, which could be viewed negatively by some, they could hire a private security firm, and then deny any knowledge of these forces being sent there. I don't know if that is what happened, as it said that they were "invited," which could very well be true.

Throughout the ages, whenever a country needed to quickly build up a military to repel an invading army or army group, they would hire mercenaries. Essentially that is what private security firms are, in most cases, although their jobs do entail non-combat tasks sometimes, and are more related to actual security. But there were many cases in Iraq and Afghanistan of contractors actually engaging the enemy.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Ukraine is giving us a unique insight into how modern unrest will go in any European country if they decide to get rid of their governments.

What appears to be the future for us is that however free a country thinks it is, as soon as the main boys at the top get rousted the puppet masters start flooding the alleyways with their troops - obviously so scary no-one dares to ask them who they actually are. Although I have heard a few stories from the press who have been helped by armed men to safety.

We should never forget that those who literally run the laws of a country, whether its where they live or not, think nothing of breaking them when it suits.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Shiloh7

Partly true. we see here an evolution.

2004. First Orange (Soros) Revolution, the demonstrators replace the elected government.

After nothing had changed with western puppets, instead life become worse, the "stupid" people choose again the other side.

2014. Second Orange Revolution, the demonstrators replace the elected government.

Do you see some evolution in revolution?

The (financial) support of this "level up": Fair, Accountable, Independent and Responsible (FAIR) Justice Program

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Worse: he speaks like native Russian, and the Ukrainian capitan speaks with him in Russian too. Did you know that all Ukrainians speak Russian and that the majority of Ukrainians speak perfectly ONLY Russian? 23 years ago there was a "free" Ukraine but there was no Ukrainian grammar written on paper. They construct it and now the new "democratic" forces wants everybody speak a newly designed "dialect".

Sorry for the sarcasm.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by maghun

I was referring to the soldier at the end of the video with the two reporters. That sounded like the Ukrainian I grew up speaking. The languages, both written and spoken are similar enough that anyone hearing one spoken can pretty much understand the other. There are some different words that can throw a person but you can get the gist pretty well.

But to your other points, there is definitely a blending. There always has been in that part of the world, though. You can have children born in Ukraine to Ukrainian-born parents with Russian roots parents speaking Russian and called themselves Russians still, or those born to parents with Ukrainian roots speaking Russian and calling themselves Ukrainians.

I've had many a discussion with people from Kiev today who were born in Ukraine to parents born in Ukraine calling themselves Russians and have thought long and hard about the reasons why. For many it was probably wishful thinking of borders shifting or unity again. Some of this wishing probably from politics and some from love of whatever country they were raised to love and consider their own.

If we follow the traditions of assigning ourselves a nationality we were born of followed by the country of out birth and/or where we live now, I guess I'm a Ukrainian-American (never quite got all the rules for that down, but it's a lot more mixed up over that kind of distinction there. You never hear the term Russian-Ukrainian or Ukrainian-Russian.

It's even worse near Poland and Belarus, where country borders shifted and re-shifted over the decades and even centuries, they speak blends of Ukrainian, White Russian, Russian, Polish, and even Lithuanian and Romanian. My dad was born in Ukraine, which then became Poland, which then went back to being Ukraine, and he spoke seven languages and probably multiple dialects of those as a result. Mom spoke four, as did most of their friends and family.

There were many er discussions (loud arguments) in our home and the homes of my parents' friends through my years growing up (in many dialects) over who was what when and what they really were if the borders shifted and some went back to pretty far back in history (1100s) with everything in between. These arguments were sometimes funny, sometimes condescending, other times quite serious, often full of nationalistic pride, and always pretty confusing to try to keep straight, history and dialects and all.

Then they'd all drink a little more, start singing and forget the arguments. Until the next time. Point being, it doesn't seem to matter a whole llot in day-to-day life until something like what is happening now happens, and then everyone tries to figure it out and dissect it, discuss it as if they know what is really going on (conspiracies, economics, politics, opportunism, long, long history, and all), but it just really isn't that simple.

edit on 3/8/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join