It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackwater troops in Ukraine.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

BostonFlynn
Did anyone see this on Listverse? ...Probably!

10 Signs We Are Headed for World War III

Gives me the shivers how bad this situation could get!...

edit on 9-3-2014 by BostonFlynn because: (no reason given)

Don't worry about it. There will never be a WW III. The only things that could possibly happen are a nuclear annihilation or continued wars of choice and opportunity fought to protect corporate interests.
edit on 3/9/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

captaintyinknots

macman
reply to post by captaintyinknots

en.wikipedia.org...

These are the new flavor of the month for PMC hiring.

I have met a bunch of these guys. Really cool, most are pretty mellow, knowledgeable but bad-asses as well.

Gurkhas are hardcore. One thing I know for sure-a gurkha with his kukri is as badass as anyone on the planet.

This is true. There are only three nationalities that have defeated the muslims; The Poles (2nd siege of Vienna on September 12, 1683), the Gurkhas (1600 – 1800), and the Americans (Barbary pirates to present).
Hence, the Gurkhas are some of the toughest in the world.
Ewwww, I actually agreed with captntwinkletoes, whats this world coming to???

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

Yet still, at the end of the day, this and all other conflicts are really just a bunch of morons (generals/politicians) dropping their pants and comparing dick sizes. Thus, I refer you to my quote at the bottom of this reply.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

kosmicjack

LightningStrikesHere
What's the difference between these mercs going and fighting ,and let's say a Muslim going to Syria ? ....not much eh.. .just saying

The only difference is Marketing. LoL!

If it is indeed Blackwater, it was paid for by a multinational corporation and - hey, let's face it - that's the only group who wants these endless wars.

So what some are trying to say is that if you are a multinational outfit, you have no allegiance to any country. If they have no allegiance to any coutry, then why should they be allowed to have any influence in our government since DC is infested with multinational corporations lobbying to have politicians serve them over the people of this nation?

They need to be booted out and the global police force needs to be reined in so that these multinationals can pay for their own policing at not at the expense of US tax payers.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

WCmutant

1. Don't live in another country. I live in the USA
2. Don't care what other countries are like.
3. I CARE that the USA is a lying sack of s#!t country that has been screwing the world for a very long time AT THE SAME TIME they peddle this "we're the good guy"... "we're honorable" ..."we're all about freedom and democracy."

So, in short - don't care what heinous crap other countries are guilty of. I DO CARE that the country I was born in and choose to live in stops acting like a giant manipulative douche bag and starts living up to the propaganda they peddle about themselves. Either that or they need to own their behavior and be the evil empire that they really are.

It's called accountability. If I ever choose to live in another country I will then choose to scrutinize it's government and hold their feet to the fire.

Well said.
One of the things we all learn when growing up is that pointing our finger at Johnny on what he did worse never flew with our parents. We should not have to point at other countries that are doing things worse if we expect better of ourselves.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Wrong thread
edit on 9-3-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
So, those might be the same ones they saw in crimea?

Also, isn't it a bit like a code; crimea americ?

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   

mindseye1609
reply to post by TheWhiteKnight

WTF is this post!!!! are you trying to divert attention by remotely tying this to a bunch of other conspiracies? isn't backwater synonymous with monsanto?????? WTF IS THAT? backwater is a private military firm and monsanto is a genetic modification firm or whatever you wanna call them. they make plants, sells seeds, profit. they've bought up all kinds of fertilizer and weedkiller companies in the long run but it has nothing to do with backwater?!??!

the rest of this post is just ridiculous? i hope they havent been sandy hooked? really? thats the most bizarre way to say "I hope they have their weapons still" sandy hook accomplished nothing in this country but to polarize alot of people on some issues and to confuse a whole lots more. BESIDES its the #ing ukraine. you know how many weapons are still there from wars past? they probably have neighbors with cold war era rocket launchers out there.

then to bring up "Fracking and police gangs linked back to utah" ..... you sound like the old people that used to banter on about "They all working for the man back in washington"...

do you really feel there is some norad style bunker with a giant wall of TV's being fed by "Agents" from all over the world? like some weird game being played by the NWO in a command center? WOW go drink a glass of warm milk and look at nature for a while bro, you need to mello out.

Yes there is a force controlling this world behind the scenes. do they do it from a control room in utah???? NO (Lol) they do it from there lavish lives that people want to emulate so they do whatever they think they have to too become that. they use money to control the world. i use the world control lightly too, its an illusion of control they all have. a long standing magical spell the rulers of old placed on the world to pass down to their children.

idk sorry I'm fairly new to the posting scene here but this one just jumped out at me as an attempt to divert attention or to muddle the attentions of people with other nonsense. am i wrong?

Thems the kind of fruit loops that populate this website mate - there may well be Blackwater (or whatever they are now called) in Ukraine, but then, under the tinfoil hat comes a slurge of ridiculous and veignly covered madness and paranoia.

Not sure why the dis-USA need Crapwater in there, surely there is a strong CIA network in Ukraine, after all, it is the "front line".

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Bedlam

victor7
reply to post by Bedlam

one question..............technology wise, which is more resourceful US Army SFC or Blackwater type private mercs.

E7's rule, but a lot of BW are former E7's. (sorry)

What you get in BW are often former Special Forces, so it's the same guys, only without LOAC and a really light ROE. For the less self-disciplined, this seems IMHO to not be a great idea at times. Other than that, from what I hear from my buddies that are in BW, it's not hugely different, but you don't have B teams or SOAR for backup, and you are not as likely to be extracted if you get in a crack, so you're right there.

OTOH, and I trust I'm not letting the cat out of the bag, but BW gets a lot of under the table support from the US for missions that the US wants them to do. So, you have a lot of intel going their way, and you have the occasional odd bit of transportation being provided or weapons/ammo being dropped to them and whatnot.

I have a prior SOAR buddy in BW who got a personal call of congratulations and a present from Rumsfeld himself for a particular run they made.

You also get that sort of thing with Triton, SAIC and SRI, though. Although not to the same extent.

But the pay, my God. Back when, we're talking 94 or so, I did three runs with an unmentioned second tier and banked about 50K a job, each was only about three months long, so it was over five times my pay as an E7 with all the adders, and I didn't even have to get shot at. That's a really nice incentive to go to the dark side. Especially when you're raiding the couch for change and working three jobs whilst going to university and being newly married. I have to tell you, it didn't take but about one description of the job and pay and I was sold. My days of contemplating the green meat bin at the Hoggly Woggly were over.
edit on 8-3-2014 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

Not to mention they were created by an almost fanatical Christian who turned Catholic (in any case, anti Muslim), to "sell" their services they need to succeed hence even more relaxed ROE and plenty of shoot first murders in Iraq.

They dont have to abide by the Geneva convention (or any other) hence the use of some utterly abhorrent weapons (blended metal projectiles).

They dont show up on the body count.

They can be deployed by America without being troops on ground to avoid political fall out.

In all - Blackwater is a disturbing weapon created by America to flank the # that they preach, to flank the voters and as self acclaimed leader of the free world, another example of Americas utterly hypocritical existence.

The world is sick and history will show the sickening depravity people will go to, to get rich, not just in the disUSA.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   

SirDrinksalot
... hence even more relaxed ROE and plenty of shoot first murders in Iraq.

They dont have to abide by the Geneva convention (or any other) hence the use of some utterly abhorrent weapons (blended metal projectiles).

And where do you have evidence of these statements?
- Every contractor is trained and signs a statement stating they fully understand the Rules of Engagement and Rules of Use of Force. Also the Laws of War as per the Geneva Convention. The RoE states a series of steps that must be taken prior to using deadly force. If you discharge your weapon, you will complete a sworn statement and be investigated. These are the same steps taken for US troops. So, stating that contractors have a relaxed RoE is not true.
- Actually contractor still fall under many of the same laws as do the US military, and in some places, even more.
- What 'utterly adhorrent weapons'? Must carry M4 carbine..or AKs...plus side arm. And we have the same ammo as the military (unless they purchase direct for non-green tip rounds + cheaper, but less effective). If you are talking about the 'penetrater' round...US Mil carries that too.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Useurbrain

SirDrinksalot
... hence even more relaxed ROE and plenty of shoot first murders in Iraq.

And where do you have evidence of these statements?
- Every contractor is trained and signs a statement stating they fully understand the Rules of Engagement and Rules of Use of Force. Also the Laws of War as per the Geneva Convention. The RoE states a series of steps that must be taken prior to using deadly force. If you discharge your weapon, you will complete a sworn statement and be investigated. These are the same steps taken for US troops. So, stating that contractors have a relaxed RoE is not true.
- Actually contractor still fall under many of the same laws as do the US military, and in some places, even more.
- What 'utterly adhorrent weapons'? Must carry M4 carbine..or AKs...plus side arm. And we have the same ammo as the military (unless they purchase direct for non-green tip rounds + cheaper, but less effective). If you are talking about the 'penetrater' round...US Mil carries that too.

Keep telling yourself that, must help you sleep at night. Sadly its not true and ROE are ignored 24/7, if they were not, we would not have as much innocent blood on US's soldiers hands.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Yusomad

I will keep telling myself that...because I am current a PSC, have been for 5 years in Afghanistan...and before that 2 tours in Iraq with the US Army, the second one operating in Baghdad as security for counter-intel...and working with DoS and BW. So, compare my first hand experience to what people read in the internet. Are there idiots that do violate the RoE, yes...both PSC and US mil. But, the RoE is nothing but a tool...like any tool it can be used right or wrong. It's been my experience over several years that a great deal of people have no idea about what is going on, on the ground...and have an ax to grind with contractor, mainly the former-Blackwater.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Useurbrain

Good to know you are one of those that endorse false pretense wars and kill-maim innocents for a living. People have no idea of whats going on on the ground because they fog of war is kept thick and low, so people like you, or your peers can go around doing "war stuff".

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   
So is the Academi on the ground there or the off-shoot blackwater I wonder.

I have not seen the new patch for Academi yet (formerly Xe services).

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Yusomad

And people thousands of miles away sitting behind computer screens know EXACTLY what's happening....yeah, right

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Just because we are behind a computer screen, doesn't mean we aren't informed.

I deal with people that are employed with PMC companies on a daily basis.

So yes, I myself, am very much in tune with what is going on.

edit on 11-3-2014 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

You sir, are the exception...not the rule. And I am sure you know they are not 'roided-up mercs, running amok, throwing rounds willy nilly. Have a great day!

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Well, I am aware of one company having issues with the Roids and drinking, which resulted in 2 guys going to arms and blows over video games.

But yes, not all are roid'ed up and raging on the indigenous peoples.

99% are just working guys, making good money doing what they were trained to do. Nothing more.

And, I am aware that PMCs aren't just solely tied to battlefield operations, or war torn areas. They work everywhere there is a security threat.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
This story is FAKE. You all are jumping on the bandwagon with Russian propaganda.

Alexander Dugin is the source and released the video on youtube. These are not "blackwater mercs" (Blackwater ceased to exist years ago). Dugin is behind the times.

It's part of the Russian propaganda claims in Crimea that the "Nazis" are coming to destroy their way of life. They've been littering flyers around with that statement. Posting videos claiming foreign mercenaries are in their cities, "American Nazis", "Blackwater troops".

It's BS. Slayer should know better. You just fell hook, line, and sinker for propaganda.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by oxykerfluffle

Give me a day or so and I will confirm this with guys over there.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join