It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackwater troops in Ukraine.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

nugget1
If there is any truth at all to the adage 'You reap what you sow', America is in for a head of trouble.
I am thankful for the life I have lived in this once honorable, great nation....but I fear future generations will not be able to say the same.

edit on 500000011America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

I have had that same thought. It led me to dig into history to find out when the real USA actually matched USA the meme. I ran out of years.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Yep.

90% of cruise ships have them running their security on-board the ships.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by deadcalm

No...you stated point blank they WERE NOT AN AMERICAN COMPANY. In fact they ARE an American company....based in VIRGINIA. If you think the US Gov doesn't have a hand in this then you are dumber than I already think you are.
Wow, good to see we can have a conversation without resorting to immature insults....

So you think that they are headquartered in america means that they are an american company? Really?

I take back my previous statement. I no longer think its about you being lazy.

You are the one that needs to do your reasearch before you go spouting facts that are simply NOT TRUE.
Please, do some research. Academi is multi national. They are a private firm. They have NO national loyalty. ANYONE who can afford it can contract them.

Its amazing to me that you are so rude and insulting about this when its obvious you have very little knowledge about them.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Seriously....do you think we are all idiots?

No but you must think we are all idiots.

See how Mercs are enemies of the state one day, and contracted by government the next. and a few months later trying to overthrow another government contracted by someone else.

Is blackwater going to go work for the Russians? No, not likely. But the US doesn't control everything. There is just as much interest in that region by the EU and other nations. This isn't a single front, it's a collaborative campaign.

Lines in the sand are drawn.

Notice that sanctions are coming from the EU and US, and even Canada is kicking Russian's out of their land.

www.euronews.com...

www.cbc.ca...

As I said, it's not a unilateral mission…

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

roadgravel
The US is suppose to cover the Ukraine's back.
Putin would have a fit is US military showed up.
Solution - Send Blackwater.

Ding ding, we have a winner.
Plus its cheaper to send them instead of whole army, once established, EU signup would be quick and swift and Putin is "attacking another EU country!", but if the plan doesnt work/too late, we might see hmmmm, still bad result.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

captaintyinknots

macman

en.wikipedia.org...

These are the new flavor of the month for PMC hiring.

I have met a bunch of these guys. Really cool, most are pretty mellow, knowledgeable but bad-asses as well.

Gurkhas are hardcore. One thing I know for sure-a gurkha with his kukri is as badass as anyone on the planet.

If you are interested in The Gurkhas you can apply to recruit here:-

www.army.mod.uk...

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Please, do some research. Academi is multi national. They are a private firm. They have NO national loyalty. ANYONE who can afford it can contract them.

Are you being obtuse on purpose or are you just a troll?

From their own website.....

Under a new ownership group that acquired the company in 2010, Wright has been instrumental in the development of ACADEMI’s impressive best in class compliance practices as well as management of its highly specialized operations serving U.S. Government clients in high-threat regions around the world.

Moving forward, Nixon will spearhead ACADEMI’s dedicated support of our government clients, the company's continued growth into commercial and foreign markets as well as overseeing ACADEMI's world-class training facilities.

Before joining the McChrystal Group, Nixon served as the Deputy Director of Operations in U.S. Central Command. He also previously served as the Director of Operations for U.S. Special Operations Command and commanded the 75th Ranger regiment during combat operations in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Academi Web Site

Did you see that?....US GOVERNMENT CLIENTS

The McChrystal Group...as in former US General Stanley McChrystal.

Stanley A McChrystal

So let me get this straight...it's not a US Company...but it's based in Virginia??? No national loyalty?? COME ON MAN

It can be hired by anyone....however they CLEARLY STATE on their OWN website that they work for US GOVERNMENT clients?

Total weak sauce...I'm done with you. I should have known better.

edit on 7-3-2014 by deadcalm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

macman

TheWhiteKnight

Fracking. Police gangs, all kinked in to HQ at Utah, wearing earpieces and cameras so the guy at the monitor can tell them whether to dispose of, or just maim.

Ahhhh what now again???

Apparently you don't understand how this works.

Policing is becoming a game of information.

Remember that friend or foe list you used to have, here at ATS?

Do you think that they threw theirs away? That list is the very brain of the condor.

Soon you will be arrested for using an Edison bulb.

Don't hand me any of that 'it's not so bad here' crap.

All the pieces are being set in place.

House searches will be conducted for tobacco, based on obamacare insurance fraud violations.

Why do you think they just made littering a cellulose cigarette butt a jail worthy offense?
"This come out of your nose, did it?"

DNA evidence, of insurance fraud, right there in your ashtray.

Undeserved power knows no bounds. Central Services at your service....

# 190
edit on 7-3-2014 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

roadgravel

Yeah cuz Putin would never know who sent them.

Sigh....

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

alldaylong

captaintyinknots

macman

en.wikipedia.org...

These are the new flavor of the month for PMC hiring.

I have met a bunch of these guys. Really cool, most are pretty mellow, knowledgeable but bad-asses as well.

Gurkhas are hardcore. One thing I know for sure-a gurkha with his kukri is as badass as anyone on the planet.

If you are interested in The Gurkhas you can apply to recruit here:-

www.army.mod.uk...

If I didnt have health limitations I honestly might just do it.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

~Lucidity

roadgravel

Yeah cuz Putin would never know who sent them.

Sigh....

As if no one knows all the players in the game. Big difference between troops of a nation and a bunch of hires.

edit:

Surely Putin is doing the same.
edit on 3/7/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Still glad to see civil conversation abounds.

Under a new ownership group that acquired the company in 2010, Wright has been instrumental in the development of ACADEMI’s impressive best in class compliance practices as well as management of its highly specialized operations serving U.S. Government clients in high-threat regions around the world.
That they do work with the US does not make them a solely american company. They also do work with other countries. They also do work specifically for corporations.

Again, please, do a little research.

Yes, i did. Its quite well known that they do work with the US government. They also do work with other countries. Did you miss that?

From their website:

Threats to the human experience manifest themselves in innumerable ways. When an event occurs that causes harm, chaos and disruption, the costs to recover can be incalculable. Critical Infrastructure operators and commercial facilities are increasingly targeted by adversaries in often violent and unrecoverable ways. ACADEMI provides facility assessments, tailored training and armed protection to high-risk commercial clients worldwide.

I bolded that for ya, so you wouldnt have to look too hard.

So let me get this straight...it's not a US Company...but it's based in Virginia??? No national loyalty?? COME ON MAN

Headquarters in america does not make it an american company. Please, look up the word "Multinational".

It can be hired by anyone....however they CLEARLY STATE on their OWN website that they work for US GOVERNMENT clients

Because they do work with government clients. They also work with private clients.

Seems you are done with facts, as well....

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Lets hope this end fast and Putin satisfied with Crimea only.

Btw, Blackwater/Academi/merc MUST NOT have any ties with the hosting/hiring country, this is done to avoid "finger pointing". In event of the mercenaries held hostage/captured, the hosting country is not affiliated and will not be held responsible for the event. The merc always can say "Saddam hire me to do this" and nobody wiser.

I think it will go this way
Putin cannot do this (send merc), Crimea is still under Ukraine, so "have to protect Crimea" excuse must be given to send troops while at same time lobbyying the new banker installed regime to follow him (you wish).
New Ukraine regime will enter EU as fast as possible with merc securing the deal. Once enter EU, we will see how the Crimea develop, I'm betting it will go to Putin.
Result: Putin is seen as "Ukraine/Crimea invader". The battle probably will be in Crimea or a Ukraine split will occur (no battle).

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

deadcalm

From their own website.....

Moving forward, Nixon will spearhead ACADEMI’s dedicated support of our government clients, the company's continued growth into commercial and foreign markets as well as overseeing ACADEMI's world-class training facilities.

Before joining the McChrystal Group, Nixon served as the Deputy Director of Operations in U.S. Central Command. He also previously served as the Director of Operations for U.S. Special Operations Command and commanded the 75th Ranger regiment during combat operations in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Academi Web Site

The McChrystal Group...as in former US General Stanley McChrystal.

It can be hired by anyone....however they CLEARLY STATE on their OWN website that they work for US GOVERNMENT clients?

Aegis work for The US Government but they are a British Security Company similar to Academi.

www.aegisworld.com...

Therefore i carn't see what point you are trying to make

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Surely Putin is doing the same.

www.channel4.com...

CCTV footage has been released showing the moment a masked paramilitary holds a gun to the head of a Bulgarian journalist.

According to eyewitness account, the crew were beaten at gunpoint and had their equipment loaded into a white van. The paramilitaries then turned their attention to two photographers on the opposite side of the street.

an.crimea.ua...

Journalists from the German newspaper Bild were also reportedly attacked this week in the same region.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

China has US government clients too.

But they don't work for anyone else? It's kind of like red and blue. Consider the Russia/China/NK/Iran as red and US allies blue (NATO+more). They can work for any blue nations. Working for a red might jeopardize their relationships with blue nations. But it doesn't mean they can't work for corporations or individuals that are in Red nations but have Blue nation/objective interest.

It is not to say that all their contracts only from from the US. They are a multinational. Interest in Ukraine probably has more to do with EU power in the region than it does with US. But a stronger EU is a stronger US. It's not a single handed attempt at world domination, it's a game of risk. Allegiances win out.
edit on 7-3-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

captaintyinknots
Academi is not american. They are multi national mercs.

Blackwater? Maybe the same...but what about "THE CRAFT INTL."
The craft Guy's are everywhere..I can think of 2 incidents
Perhaps Boston and one school incident.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

LightningStrikesHere
What's the difference between these mercs going and fighting ,and let's say a Muslim going to Syria ? ....not much eh.. .just saying

The only difference is Marketing. LoL!

If it is indeed Blackwater, it was paid for by a multinational corporation and - hey, let's face it - that's the only group who wants these endless wars.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Private Military Companies like Academi are nothing new. The history of these companies go back to 1965. The first one was set up by S.A.S founder Sir David Stirling. It was called " WatchGuard International".
Everything you ever wanted to know about Private Military Companies :-

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Mercenaries are cost effective though, traditionally in Europe anyway nation states have had long standing relationships with mercenary brigades, just more efficient sometimes. Im not sure why people seem to think mercenaries have ever stopped being used in thousands of years. Maybe everyone is brainwashed with a "yeah, good guys" sort of mentality. Probably quite outraged by the whole notion of mercs, but special forces kill teams are fine, lol.

South Africa had some pretty major merc outfits aswell, pretty much crazy paramilitaries, Sandline International [London based] use jet fighters lol.
edit on 7-3-2014 by Bellor because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-3-2014 by Bellor because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join