It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 557
<< 554  555  556    558  559  560 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Pro-Russian groups go online with death threats against Odessa residents

Revenge is mixing with blood in the Odessa air after May 2 violence that killed 46 people when pro-Ukrainian activists defended themselves against an assault by armed pro-Russian activists.

Social network groups of the rival groups show that the sides are far from making peace.

Public groups in Vkontakte, the Russian counterpart of Facebook and Ukraine’s most popular social network, are major communication tools for both the pro-Russian and pro-Ukrainian activists. It was in Vkontakte where, on the eve of the fateful May 2 events, one of the Odessa AntiMaidan groups published a call for pro-Russian activists to forcefully stop the scheduled peaceful march of the pro-Ukrainian football fans.

They did and that triggered the hours-long street fight that claimed the most lives in a single day since the Feb. 20 assassinations of EuroMaidan activists killed 70 people.

In this atmosphere of anger, grief and revenge in the tragedy's aftermath, the pro-Euromaidan groups haved posted snapshots from the videos taken on May 2 and asked the subscribers to identify the pro-Russian aggressors.

www.kyivpost.com...

Your source www.kyivpost.com... Which i might the whole article didn't show the whole story. On why those beloved Odessa residents fascists are getting death threats.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
change of tune

22:24 GMT:
Russian troops will not enter Ukraine, but will pursue its national interests via other means, NATO's top military commander and head of the US European Command, General Philip Breedlove, said.

"Today I would tell you I don't think that's the most likely course of action...I think now that [President] Putin may be able to accomplish his objectives in eastern Ukraine and never go across the border with his forces," Breedlove told a defense conference in Ottawa.

He also blamed Moscow for having a hand in the unrest in Ukraine.

"Now I think probably the most likely course of action is that he [Putin] will continue doing what he's doing, discrediting the [Ukrainian government], creating unrest, trying to set the stage for a separatist movement," Breedlove said.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

I think your missing the point of the article its not trying to say the fire didnt occur or people were not trapped and died. What the locals are having a problem with is anyone they could identify from videos are being posted online with addresses advising people to go kill them i guess thats ok with you?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: cosmonova
change of tune

Russian troops will not enter Ukraine, but will pursue its national interests via other means, NATO's top military commander and head of the US European Command, General Philip Breedlove, said.

"Today I would tell you I don't think that's the most likely course of action...I think now that [President] Putin may be able to accomplish his objectives in eastern Ukraine and never go across the border with his forces," Breedlove told a defense conference in Ottawa.

"Now I think probably the most likely course of action is that he [Putin] will continue doing what he's doing, discrediting the [Ukrainian government], creating unrest, trying to set the stage for a separatist movement," Breedlove said.

He does say later in the article he cant rule out russia wont use military support something about Putin being unstable but Hey the UN didnt see this coming so as far as there ability to predict anything there at zero. Nothing more than NATO tying to seem like they hve a grasp on this which they dont there clueless,

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Well, according to the videos of the survivors of the massacre, the people trapped in the building were residents of Odessa, whereas the pro-kiev thugs (your peaceful football fans...) were all bused in from out of town. Had a chance to watch those videos yet? Let me guess: Russian propaganda...

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   

What the locals are having a problem with is anyone they could identify from videos are being posted online with addresses advising people to go kill them

The point of the article is not that issue at all, your just twisting my words on your own as what i posted is not related to what your saying do read it and see the video then come back and then we can have an discussion.

Apparently it seems your upset of the news that the fascists in Odessa are getting death threats are you now?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatcoat

Thanks at least you watched the video.

Well, according to the videos of the survivors of the massacre, the people trapped in the building were residents of Odessa,

Yup pretty much thats what the videos along with the subtitles are talking about.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: cosmonova
change of tune

He does say later in the article he cant rule out russia wont use military support something about Putin being unstable but Hey the UN didnt see this coming so as far as there ability to predict anything there at zero. Nothing more than NATO tying to seem like they hve a grasp on this which they dont there clueless,

I think what we will see more and more is the increased number of volunteers and war veterans crossing the border and coming from everywhere to join the resistance forces. Military option is not on the table for Russia at all at this stage in my opinion. Looks like resistance forces are quite capable to keep guerilla warfare as is.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   

NATO has being claiming that Russia would attack Europe since the end of 1949 and the end of World War yet whenever NATO Expands further on Russia's soil thats fine right?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter
For those that claim there Russian Agents on the Ground this will disprove you on that matter. From My trusted sources.

Odessa survivors, video with english subtitles

Odessa survivors are telling what really occurred.

Having watched the entire video, I do not doubt her personal version of events. I have no reason to doubt a middle aged woman survivor of such a tragedy.

But I fail to see how this disproves that there were pro-Russians shooting at and provoking the pro-Maidan crowds to violence earlier.

Again -- many of us here watched via LIVE video masked individuals with pro-Russian markings firing upon the pro-Maidan crowd.

Now there is a definite possibility that there were some agitators purposely embedding themselves into one or both crowds, trying to escalate the violence.

But who would it have been and to what end?

1. Was it Right Sector pretending to be pro-Russians, shooting and killing their own pro-Maidan allies, just so they could incite the rest into wiping out a mostly peaceful group of pro-Russian protestors waiting at the camp?

OR

2. Was it GRU/FSB paid Russian provocateurs trying to incite the murders of local pro-Russian Ukrainians so that there would be international condemnation and therefore better justification for Putin to invade and annex a portion of Ukraine?

Please, in all honesty people -- share your opinion along with its reasoning. And make a good argument, if you can manage.
edit on 6-5-2014 by ALoveSupreme because: typo as its hard to type on touchscreen with nails

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat

Well, according to the videos of the survivors of the massacre, the people trapped in the building were residents of Odessa, whereas the pro-kiev thugs (your peaceful football fans...) were all bused in from out of town. Had a chance to watch those videos yet? Let me guess: Russian propaganda...

What video theres no video with the article i posted here read it again your just making stuff up it talks about how Pro Russians are posting names phone numbers of local residents and making death threats. No where di di read anything like what you said dont try to rewrite the news to fit your arguments.

www.kyivpost.com...

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ALoveSupreme
Just a friendly reminder to everyone:

Please refrain from expressing any pro-Ukrainian sympathies

(at least while in public in Moscow)

lol is the Russian equivalent of Westboro Baptist church?

They seem kinda. . . umm off. Can you clarify who they are please.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter

NATO has being claiming that Russia would attack Europe since the end of 1949 and the end of World War yet whenever NATO Expands further on Russia's soil thats fine right?

Again false narative Russia was taken off NATOs agenda in fact they were a partner until recently they were allowed to even participate in NATO activities. Again you appear to be attempting to re write history. You do know that Russia had offices in NATO until ther were expelled over Ukraine dont you?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: SurrenderingAmerica

lol is the Russian equivalent of Westboro Baptist church?

They seem kinda. . . umm off. Can you clarify who they are please.

Apparently just Russians expressing solidarity with Ukraine and speaking out against the war. They are Russian 'hippies', if you will.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   

I wonder what would happen to a group of Israelis waving Israel's flag, yelling and walking in the middle of road in Dubai.
Or if my people are being under military onslaught, burned alive in next door country and people are waving the flag of that country on the streets of my city, do you really expect me to cheer and clap to that?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
So it seems this thread is starting to turn from a live update thread on the situation in Ukraine, into a feed the trolls thread on the same subject. Pity.

After reports of Russian Cossacks in the Luhansk area, now it seems the airspace over the Donetsk region in closed:

Daniel Sandford @BBCDanielS
Eastern Ukraine now. No civilian flights at present. pic.twitter.com/bWgQULCCIM

Piers Scholfield @inglesi
Airspace empty over Eastern #Ukraine #Donetsk pic.twitter.com/1linQF14Hw

James Mates @jamesmatesitv
All flights in and out of #Donetsk airport have been cancelled until midnight tonight. Airspace closed. Still no explanation why. #Ukraine

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dutzy
So it seems this thread is starting to turn from a live update thread on the situation in Ukraine, into a feed the trolls thread on the same subject. Pity.

After reports of Russian Cossacks in the Luhansk area, now it seems the airspace over the Donetsk region in closed:

Daniel Sandford @BBCDanielS
Eastern Ukraine now. No civilian flights at present. pic.twitter.com/bWgQULCCIM

Piers Scholfield @inglesi
Airspace empty over Eastern #Ukraine #Donetsk pic.twitter.com/1linQF14Hw

James Mates @jamesmatesitv
All flights in and out of #Donetsk airport have been cancelled until midnight tonight. Airspace closed. Still no explanation why. #Ukraine

who is in control of Donetsk airport
edit on 6-5-2014 by cosmonova because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ALoveSupreme

I gotcha! Thats what I figured.

lol I can't pull myself away from watching that vid. Makes me laugh.

EU ambassadors haven't agreed on new sanctions against Russia

EU ambassadors held a meeting on Monday on additional sanctions in connection with the situation in Ukraine, but a common decision was not reached. The next meeting of the Council of Foreign Ministers is scheduled for May 12.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ALoveSupreme

I think there was manipulation im just not sure by who we know a call went out on the internet to stop the Ukrainian march. Ans according to the police they were aware of the 200 Pro Russians gathering on the side street and even apparently warned the maiden security forces which were there. Im iffy on this point as to why??? but the video clearly shows them trying to get between the Pro Ukrainians and the Pro Russians. Then the police jump between those two. Then started the shots from roof tops and well from there it gets crazy apparently 4 hr battle throwing rocks and Molotov cocktails at each other. The pro Russians were driven off but in no video do they return to the trafe building that i saw. So someone is responsible for that and they need to go to jail because i have a feeling with 4 dead Pro Ukrainians someone decided that was a good time to get the Pro Russians out of the trade house since this had been a problem for locals for weeks as they occupied it. Was it hatred and rage or something else i dont know.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: SurrenderingAmerica

I gotcha! Thats what I figured.

lol I can't pull myself away from watching that vid. Makes me laugh.

Of course -- nothing funnier than watching OMON arrest and haul off people for walking down the street expressing a viewpoint that runs contrary to the increasingly totalitarian government's!
edit on 6-5-2014 by ALoveSupreme because: typo as its hard to type on touchscreen with nails

top topics

<< 554  555  556    558  559  560 >>

join