It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 558
<< 555  556  557    559  560  561 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: cosmonova

originally posted by: ALoveSupreme
Just a friendly reminder to everyone:

Please refrain from expressing any pro-Ukrainian sympathies

(at least while in public in Moscow)

I wonder what would happen to a group of Israelis waving Israel's flag, yelling and walking in the middle of road in Dubai.
Or if my people are being under military onslaught, burned alive in next door country and people are waving the flag of that country on the streets of my city, do you really expect me to cheer and clap to that?

Its called democracy we have people here in the US that are allowed to say the most outrageous things in protests but they have that right. Good example is the westboro baptist church they will go to funerals and protest but they have that right. You dont have to like it but you do have to tolerate it not everyone has the same beliefs.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   

I wonder what would happen to a group of Israelis waving Israel's flag, yelling and walking in the middle of road in Dubai.
Or if my people are being under military onslaught, burned alive in next door country and people are waving the flag of that country on the streets of my city, do you really expect me to cheer and clap to that?

The country I reside in does not have great protection of human rights, particularly not for women. But it is progressing.

The problem is that Russia was for a short time a place where you could express yourself. Now that is all disappearing.

And in any case, the video was made on May 1, before the Odessa incident.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: cosmonova

Piers Scholfield @inglesi
#Ukraine national aviation authority confirm they ordered closure of #Donetsk airspace, will not give a reason.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Invasion is increasing its incremental scope.

@yarotrof

After Ukraine lost control of border in Luhansk, convoys of armed Russian "volunteers" begin pouring in. Invasion by another name.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   

The country I reside in does not have great protection of human rights, particularly not for women. But it is progressing.

The problem is that Russia was for a short time a place where you could express yourself. Now that is all disappearing.

And in any case, the video was made on May 1, before the Odessa incident.

I enjoyed the UAE first time i ever went to a Camel track now theirs an experience.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Dutzy

Uh oh - is this the beginning of a 'No Fly Zone'?

Some town is about to get bombed from the Ukrainian govt.

Putin receives invitation to attend jubilee D-Day ceremonies in France

Russian President Vladimir Putin may go to France in the beginning of June to attend ceremonies commemorating the 70th anniversary of the D-Day landings in Normandy, the Izvestia newspaper reports. Presidential press secretary Dmitry Peskov confirmed to the daily that Putin had received a formal invitation from the French government but added that "no ultimate decision has been made yet."

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: SurrenderingAmerica

I fail to see the reasoning behind the claim:

Some town is about to get bombed from the Ukrainian govt.

Also, unconfirmed report that the Luhansk airport is also closed:

ConflictBreakingNews ‏@MiddleEast_BRK 22m

#BREAKING After #Donetsk, also #Luhansk airport closed as far as I can see. pic.twitter.com/4OSD8FTnt5

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   
If anyone can read russian please tell me what this is about google translate made no sense.

twitter.com...

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Typically when 'No Fly Zones" are imposed in a heated military area. . .

. . . Aerial assaults tend to increase.

At least 4 dead as Ukraine mounts offensive in Slovyansk, Odessa

Ukrainian forces were entrenched in deadly gun battles Monday against pro-Russian fighters in the eastern town of Slovyansk, and the government sent an elite national guard unit to the southern port city of Odessa, in the latest attempt to restore Kiev's control over the increasingly unstable region.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Invasion is increasing its incremental scope.

@yarotrof

After Ukraine lost control of border in Luhansk, convoys of armed Russian "volunteers" begin pouring in. Invasion by another name.

What invasion? I keep reading from you fearmongers about it but still, more than a month later, no invasion, are you sure you are in the same planet as the rest of us?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Again Kiev Post isn't ever much reliable.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

If anyone can read russian please tell me what this is about google translate made no sense.

twitter.com...

It says there is a Nigerian prince with 30 million dollars in his bank account and needs your help getting it out.....

the following was on there so not sure if you saw it or?

anti-#Ukraine public in vkontakte complains there are only 100 ppl left in #Odesa "to protect the city from fascists" pic.twitter.com/Yp4PwZhqCm

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter
a reply to: dragonridr

Again Kiev Post isn't ever much reliable.

Well here is where it was originally from.Im looking into the Berkut i know some joined the national gurad but others fled for eastern Ukraine and i was trying to figure out if there in hiding or actively involved.

twitter.com...
edit on 5/6/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Sorry I haven't expressed myself correctly, why would the Ukr gov't air raid one of its own cities ???

Another claim about Luhansk air space being closed:

David Blair ‏@davidblairdt 46m

Not just #Donetsk, the airport in #Luhansk also closed today. So two regions of #Ukraine are no longer accessible by air.

Bojan Pancevski ‏@bopanc 4m

#Ukraine Def Min introduces restricted air-traffic in all areas 100k of Russian/Belarus/Transnistria borders,#Donetsk & #Lugansk no-fly zone

edit on Tueu3112514 by Dutzy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Yusomad

Due respect the same argument was made about Crimea reference Russian invasion. After the fact Putin stated on tv green men with no insignias in Crimea were in fact Russian military.

Its not out of the realm of possibility that it is in fact occurring.

You know the saying - 4 columns approach from the outside and a 5th column will attack on the inside.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Due respect the same argument was made about Crimea reference Russian invasion. After the fact Putin stated on tv green men with no insignias in Crimea were in fact Russian military.

Its not out of the realm of possibility that it is in fact occurring.

You know the saying - 4 columns approach from the outside and a 5th column will attack on the inside.

Just so you remember, there was no "crimean invasion", you and your cronies trying to make it so is not helping or changing reality.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Forces allowed by treaty excluded. The non insignias were Russian military and were in Crimea prior to any type of vote, which means they were in Ukraine, which is an act of war.

If you think Putin was lying that's fine. I don't really want to rehash this argument since I know neither of us are gonna be changing our minds. Ok to agree to disagree?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Its called democracy we have people here in the US that are allowed to say the most outrageous things in protests but they have that right. Good example is the westboro baptist church they will go to funerals and protest but they have that right. You dont have to like it but you do have to tolerate it not everyone has the same beliefs.

I understand that completely, but ALoveSupreme loves to preach about human rights and democracy while living in UAE where there is no human rights nor democracy at all.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Well it depends on their aggressiveness from this point on after declaring a "No Fly Zone".

The obvious is to 'neutralize' the 'enemy'. However if unsuccessful, all chips are in.

. . . Wasn't there a Ukie fighter jet that exploded near that area?

Ukraine soldiers killed in Slovyansk clashes

A statement on the Ukrainian ministry's website did not give details on how the officers died, but a separate statement said Ukrainian troops had started an "anti-terrorist operation" against 800 pro-Russia forces

edit on 6-5-2014 by SurrenderingAmerica because: update

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   

I am assuming the no fly zone is to protect civilians / commercial flights now that we are seeing the use of SAM's.

top topics

<< 555  556  557    559  560  561 >>

join